Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Application and Rejection (and Interaction) [Closed- Nightclaw, Pax, and Silv]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Application and Rejection (and Interaction) [Closed- Nightclaw, Pax, and Silv] - Page 4 Empty Re: Application and Rejection (and Interaction) [Closed- Nightclaw, Pax, and Silv]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:25 am

Tourmaline, meanwhile, had shot across the room like a bat out of hell. Someone grabbed her and shook her as glowing marks began appearing, saying something inaudible. "No, no, I'm sorry, I just got spooked, I'm fine, it's fine, I won't use it again. Forgive me."

After a moment, with suspicious looks from everyone who'd seen her start to use magic, Tourmaline walked back to the bar, still shaking. "D-did either of you hear a growl?"

Honestly Tourmaline wasn't even sure that she heard it, but her reaction had been very visceral; completely intuitive."Gracious my heart's beating so fast..."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Application and Rejection (and Interaction) [Closed- Nightclaw, Pax, and Silv] - Page 4 Empty Re: Application and Rejection (and Interaction) [Closed- Nightclaw, Pax, and Silv]

Kassandra blinked confused as Tourmaline suddenly ran away and started acting weird, while Trebax took a small peak from underneath her cloak. This was a sight to behold. Not only Hugo was trying to set off the emerging fire while remaining cool, but also Tourmaline freaking out and almost doing magic painted her as a target. Trebax suppressed a chuckle, wondering if they were going to blame her if he stepped up his game.

Say...

"... If it's your foot that's on fire, it is you." She said, her flat tone continuing, before she felt the weight of his words. 'My shoe is a little on fire'? That could only mean one thing, and the fact that Tourmaline was asking about a growl was the thing that cemented her theory. [small][small]"Trebax you no-good..." [/small][/small] She muttered, alongside a couple curse words, before listening to Hugo's inquiries again. Pets? Does a fire breathing wolf count? "I don't have pets. I don't even have a home to keep them."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Ah, I understand that feeling. Being homeless I mean." His everpresent friendly smile came back. "I guess people don't appreciate living with people who throw caustic chemicals around." He contemplated Tourmalines theatrics as well, but didn't really judge one way or the other. They were both a little drunk, and Tourmaline was quite small as well, for the amount she had drunk.

He responded to Tourmaline, "I thought I might have heard a growl or something, but I figured it was just the sound of me striking out." He smiled at her, "put a few more away, alcohols a depressant, like they say." Speaking of, he found that he was at the bottom of his 5th glass, and signaled for one more. He prided himself on his ability to put them away, and still not make a fool of himself. Marginally speaking.

The chaos gave him a second to think, and he decided to actually be genuine and serious for a second. "Kassandra," He started, "You came here to be left alone, right? That's fine, you know a lot of people are like that. Then, I've been bothering you all night, and you've been pushing back. And that's fine too, rather, it's rational. But then my shoe catches on fire, mhm, and this lady hears a growl, and so do I." He took a sip from his 6th stout. "I'm past my fifth here, I am... drunk. But even still, I'm thinking that, among the three of us, sitting alone far from anyone else, neither Tourmaline or I are likely to have caused that shoe accident." He smiled with genuine warmth. "I'm not going to insist there is a secret, but if there is, I want you to know that it's safe with me. And I hope I see you again when I'm less drunk."

He gave her a wink, and got up to leave, telling the barman that Tourmaline, yeah the crazy looking lady, had his tab. He planned to find a nice warm spot on the ground, and take a little nap.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Tourmaline, calming down now, didn't hear a response from Kassandra, though she thought she might've heard Hugo confirm that he'd heard something. With furtive glances towards the side of her that Kassandra was on (that's where she'd heard the growls), she said, "Yeah, uhm, I'm gonna get out of here too, in case I'm not just hearing things."

Tourmaline gave the barkeep a decent amount of coin, paying for her drinks, and Hugo's, along with any future drinks that Kassandra might have. She told him to keep any change that Kassandra didn't use, then quickly left the bar, still glancing over her shoulder, stumbling slightly.

[Tourmaline's out of the thread]
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:26 am

Her face was not altered when Hugo mused about being homeless. Okay, she may have unwittingly told a lie, because she does have a place to come back, she just didn't call it "her home", but hey, who's counting. And then, his tone changed, now accusing her of setting his foot on fire! Needless to say, Kassandra was offended over such a claim.

Meanwhile, Trebax once again attempted to suppress a chuckle.

Not only that, but he also mentioned that 'her secret is safe with him'. Yeah right, they say that now to butter you up, but once you reveal the truth, they change their tone, she thought. Kassandra knew that she just could clarify that it was her Incantus screwing things up, so all she did was stare at him as she clutched the glass harder. If she just put a bit more effort, she could break it. But the tension it suffered eased up when Hugo decided it was time for him to leave, giving her a small wink before walking away.

She rolled her eye.

And then Tourmaline followed suit! Meaning that Kassandra was now alone in the immediate section of the bar. Trebax was disappointed, he wanted to raise the bet and set Hugo's pants on fire just to see who would shower him with alcoholic beverages, but he felt he'd have to find his amusement elsewhere. While the barkeeper was not looking, Kassandra hung his head and whispered "Do not do that again." To which Trebax replied with a mere confident grin. He was probably going to do that again in the future.

Looking again at the bottle, she saw that it was halfway done. And since it is going on Tourmaline's tab, might as well finish the entire thing.

[End Tag]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 am