Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Meet the McCraes

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Meet the McCraes - Page 2 Empty Re: Meet the McCraes

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:11 am

Tourmaline stopped, her hand on the door. "Oh, uh, I wasn't totally sure yet. I was thinking probably something that reduced the friction between the bullet and the barrel, but I'd have to make it so that the friction remained for a few moments so that the gas wouldn't escape around the bullet. I also needed to make sure it wouldn't mess with anything else, which is why I came here to get the numbers."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:11 am

"Ah, I see, interesting!" Goibniu said, before walking up to the door. "Alright then, I hope you have good luck in your endearvor. Do you wish for me to show you the front door?" Of course, she had to have gone through his father to get up here, but it wasn't very educated to just shoo his host away.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:31 am

Tourmaline waved him off, saying "No, no, I'll let you get back to your book. Thanks for entertaining me. The bullets should be done in a day or two? I've already formulated most of the enchantments, I just needed numbers to be sure that it would work, and get specific solutions."

On her way out, Tourmaline thanked Goibniu's father. "Nice to meet you, sir. Thanks for letting me through. I'll probably be back in a couple of days to give him the enchanted things. So long!"

{Tourmaline's out of the thread}
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:31 am

Just as Tourmaline appeared at the forge section, Esarg was in the middle of working. He merely acknowledged her with a nod, but when she was out, he stopped working, his face looking troubled.

Doing a small grumble, he placed his tools aside, and walked up the stairs, wishing to have a word with his son. Without even knocking, Esarg entered Goibniu's room, just as he got back to lying on his bed, his book in hand. "Ah, hello father! What do you wish?" He said, greeting him with a warmth that was merely repelled by Esarg's cold stare. "... Why were you visited by her?" The bluntness of the question was not lost in Goibniu, but he still replied without much hesitation.

"She was Tourmaline Cardona, we met a few days ago, when I went to practice. She showed interest in working on enchantments for my firearm, but given how it wouldn't accept it, I handed her a few bullets instead!" Esarg's eyes narrowed when Goibniu explained himself, clearly not amused by this. "... So I was told. Goibniu McCrae, you know what I think about accepting such things from a stranger." He crossed his arms, and it finally made Goibniu's smile falter.

"... I know father, but she's a researcher! She wanted to use them to enhance her own research as well!" He tried to explain, but Esarg was not having none of it. "Does she even know you are part of the Expiate?" The question made Goibniu falter. He knew the answer wouldn't please him. "Well... I did tell her, but father! She's not planning anything against us!" But Esarg placed a hand up, signalling him to stop. "You are well aware of the dangers you'll have to watch out for when you accepted being part of them. Accepting such a request from someone you don't know was foolish, Goibniu."

Goibniu wanted to say something, but he merely looked down. He was right. During his enrollment, he was told that some people didn't see the Expiate with favorable eyes, and would try to stop them whenever they could. He chalked it off to extremist Walpurgis what wanted nothing but chaos, hence why he didn't think Tourmaline had any ulterior motives. "But father, she's atoned. She showed me her papers and everything." Of course, that didn't stop Esarg's train of thought.

"Even if they are atoned, you must remember that they can still support their kin when possible. Especially knowing our kind was welcomed in their ranks." And now Goibniu was at a lost for words, he just didn't know what to say to convince his dad. Esarg merely sighed, and stated "Remember Goibniu, danger can come from anywhere, and strike when we least expect it. And we already had to pay the price of that. Do not be so naive as to let some doll face sabotage you." And without giving him a second look, Esarg left the room.

Just before returning to the forge, he looked at a nearby cupboard that had a picture on it. The picture of Anann, a couple years before her death. Despite her age and bearing 3 children, Anann looked beautiful, with her small frame, her long red hair (despite the photo not properly showing it), her small hind ears, and a serene look in her face. Esarg took it to get a closer look, and merely sighed again, as the memories of his wife came pouring in.

"... Sorry dear, I just want the boy to be safe."

[End tag]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:46 am