Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

These Tables are Numbered [Dorrance/Ren]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

These Tables are Numbered [Dorrance/Ren] - Page 3 Empty Re: These Tables are Numbered [Dorrance/Ren]

Post by Lilac Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:32 am

Claes' smile faltered as Kiara expressed her lack of amusement at the joke.

"E-eh?"

Kiara looked...genuinely upset, which surprised Claes. She thought Kiara of all people would have found the irony funny. She then barely heard Kiara mutter about being sweet, which instantly made Claes flush. The latter waved their arms in panic.

"W-wait, wait! I didn't mean you AREN'T sweet!" Claes blurted. She quickly looked away, rubbing her arm anxiously. "I-I didn't mean it as an insult I...I...!"

Claes exhaled slowly.

"I'm sorry if I upset you Kiara," she said quietly. She then looked up at Kiara sheepishly. "I thought you'd find it funny because you're such an awesome fighter and confident. I always thought those were great things about you."

Claes' cheeks were burning at this point, but even if she was embarrassed she felt it was important to make Kiara feel better.

FORTUNATELY, the newcomer caught the attention of Kiara almost immediately. She looked...transfixed almost. Though for good reason. This woman was, well, hypnotizingly beautiful. There was definitely an alluring quality to her, especially her blonde hair, her bright green eyes...Claes herself almost got lost for a moment, but a cold prick at her necks woke her up.

The person introduced themselves as Ren, the bard. So Claes had been right about the assumption. She gave a salute.

"That would be correct, Mademoiselle," Claes said. "Officer Alfson, at your service. This is my colleague, Cadet Ferro.I take it you would like us to grant passage and--"

Without being able to finish her sentence, the ballroom door burst open and Dorrance came from within, her black gown's train trailing behind her.

"Reeeen~!" Dorrance squealed without delight.

Without regard for Claes and Kiara, Dorrance leapt forward and wrapped her arms around Ren and...began planting light kisses on Ren's face.

"I was just about to go fetch you! You look wonderful my darling!" Dorrance cooed as she hugged the woman tight.

KitKet
    KitKet

These Tables are Numbered [Dorrance/Ren] - Page 3 Empty Re: These Tables are Numbered [Dorrance/Ren]

Post by KitKet Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:50 am

Kiara took a slow blink at Claes sudden compliments. She felt a pang of guilt for making her feel this way but...

"Really?" Her eyes suddenly sparkled, a large grin appearing on her face. Of course it didn't get to last long, as Ren and Claes began speaking and Dorrance suddenly pushed past them and....jumped at Ren? Kiara tensed slightly, her eyes widening as she saw Ren swing Dorrance around, letting out a laugh as she was kissed several times.

Ren beamed at the sight of Dorrance. Truth be told, she'd heard her coming, but seeing her was always different. "Sorry to keep you waiting, dove. Every moment apart is sheer agony after all no?" She giggled, planting a few kisses of her own. "I'm afraid I pale in comparison to you." She gasped, looking Dorrance up and down. "How am I supposed to focus on singing when you keep catching my eye like this?" She giggled once more, giving the woman a happy squeeze.

All the while, Kiara was watching the scene with wide eyes. A slow blush started to spread across her face as she watched them. They were both clearly in their own world...Kiara slowly leaned over, grabbing Claes' shirt and tugging lightly. "Hey Claes...Do you like girls?" She had no idea why she suddenly asked that, but...for some reason, she needed to know.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:49 am

Dorrance let out a delightful peal of laughter as Ren quipped back and kissed her in return. Claes resisted the urge to cover her eyes and gasp at the utter display of affection the two were showing. They were very, VERY affectionate. Claes could feel her face burn hot. Claes felt embarrassed reading so much as cheek kisses in books, let alone witness this level of public affection in person.

The couple seemed to be completely oblivious of the two though. Dorrance was now nuzzling Ren at this point and holding her inches from her face.

"Oh, you jest, surely!" Dorrance said. "No fabrics of jewels could outshine you, my sweet gem~And if I do distract you so, simply think you're singing straight to me from your heart. I'd ever so love it. Plus it'd make me less likely to feel jealous if I think you're not serenading others~"

Dorrance said the last part jokingly as she touched the tip of Ren's nose. She'd part, however, and take Ren's hand. She then looked at Claes and Kiara who were, for lack of better word, slack-jawed, and gasped.

"Oh, my apologies," she said. "We didn't mean to interrupt your duties. Please do carry on. Come, my love. I must simply let you meet everyone!"

Dorrance would pull Ren away, keeping eyes on her at all time. Meanwhile, Claes let out a sharp exhale from her mouth and touched her face once they were gone.

"Ah...that was...something," she said. She finally had time to pick up on what  Kiara was asking. "Sorry, what were you asking? If I liked girls? Well, I mean, I like anyone so long as they're not jerks or anything and--"

Claes came to understand the question a little too late. She paused and her face flushed more.

"OH. You mean, a-attracted...to girls?" Claes stammered.

Her eyes darted to the side and she scratched her head. A VERY unusual and nervous laugh similar to when Clara was talking came out.

"W-well! I mean! I'd like any one if I became close enough with them!" she said nervously. "G-guy or girl! T-though, I'd like to think I'm too focused on my duties to ever fantasize about who...who I'd like to be with in the future."

A very brief image of a violet-haired girl in a scholar's came to mind. Claes silently screamed and waved the image away. She turned to Kiara sharply.

"W-why did you ask anyways?"

Ren would be greeted with the ballroom, though in contrast to a few weeks back the place was now crowded and in absolute gear. Bright lights filled the room as did flowers and the sound of music. The noise of chatter and dance would fill Ren's ears a little more than she would have wanted. In addition to this, she'd start smelling various things. Meats and sweets, fruits and dainty breads...and then that rich iron-filled smell that would make her stomach feel like gnawing itself. It was like a sea of that smell had washed over the ballroom.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:56 am

Ren happily gave Dorrance a squeeze as the spoke. Despite everything, she could really make the world just melt away..."Oh you know you're the only one that matters here." She giggled once more. Sure she wanted to impress those other nobles, but as of late...With how things had been going with Dorrance. Everything else just seemed...a little less important. It was a baffling feeling to be sure, but it was one she could get used to. "And please, the only one I want to serenade is standing right here." She leaned in for a final kiss, before Dorrance seemed to realize there was other people in the room.

Ren leaned back slightly, a bit of blood rushing to her cheeks as she realized how she'd been acting. Of course, Dorrance speaking made her quick to forget her embarrassment. She had to get into the zone now clearly, she was about to meet some rather important people after all!

Kiara, the entire time, had been watching the scene almost mystified. Her heart had started beating rapidly, and a blush of her own started to spread across her cheeks. She...Well that had been a lot like those books she'd been reading recently...

She almost forgot her question to Claes, but the girl's resulting reaction was quick to pull her back into reality. Kiara was seeming to watch her closely as she stammered her way through an answer. For some reason, she felt an odd bit of disappointment as Claes said she was just a bit too focused on her duties. "You'd like to think?" Kiara repeated, tilting her head. "Is there anyone you like now?" She...had to know for some reason.

As for Claes countering question. Kiara paused, her face scrunching up for a bit. "That...well...THAT." She gestured wildly at the spot Ren and Dorrance had previously occupied, "A noble and a bard being so open like that. Kinda makes me feel like I was lied to." She mumbled, kicking out the ground.

There was a beat of silence and Kiara's fists balled up. "nnn, I don't care what my parents say! I like girls!" She suddenly exclaimed, stomping her foot down in some physical rebellion. She huffed, then placed both hands on her hips and puffed out her chest. "I want what they have!" She gestured again at the air. At this point, her mouth was just moving faster than her brain could think. Not that she really minded, she felt almost empowered saying such things.

--

Meanwhile, Ren was IMMEDIATELY having a hard time with everything. Almost as soon as they entered the ballroom Ren felt like her entire world suddenly exploded. It was so loud, and the smells were so intense...and again, there was that scent in the air...Ren leaned heavily against Dorrance rather suddenly, her hands snaking around her arm. She'd stay strong here, she wouldn't embarrass Dorrance..."This looks incredible." She commented idly, turning towards Dorrance and smiling. Dorrance would immediately notice two little drops of red spreading across the green in Ren's eyes.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:42 am

Kiara probing Claes further on her own thoughts about romance made Claes only hotter under the collar.

"I...! Well...!' Claes could feel herself choking on her words. She couldn't even look Kiara in the eye anymore. God, why were they talking about this anyway?? Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, she explained herself. "W-well, I just don't at the moment being in a romantic moment when I have so much to do to ascend in the Expiate."

All the while, Claes' fingers had started fidgeting with the loose strands of her hair. If she were wearing twintails today, she'd probably be tugging on them right about now. She frowned, thinking about Kiara's question on liking someone.

"Why bother liking someone when they're extremely stubborn and refuse to let me be a part of their life to begin with?" she muttered. It was obviously not meant to be audible, but Kiara could have picked up on it. Claes eventually placed her attention on Kiara, however, and her realization.

This calmed Claes down greatly, mostly because the focus was no longer on her. But she had to admit, Kiara seemed rather enthusiastic about what she just saw. Dorrance and Ren were probably not the only noble couples in Saoirse who acted the way they did, but Kiara was right that there was just something special about how they acted. It was like they were each others' entire world. Claes herself could never imagine being like that with anyone. She was willing to love someone, but they'd have to share her with the Expiate.

Claes also picked up on Kiara's comment about being lied to. She wasn't sure what that meant, but decided to not probe and ruin her moment. Once Kiara was done, Claes gave her a warm smile.

"That's something nice to aspire to," Claes said genuinely. "I'm sure you'll find someone like that eventually. And knowing how great you are at hugs, I bet you'd be really sweet to your partner."

The changes Ren was going through was not lost on Dorrance. In fact, she had anticipated this. She supposed all the perfuming and flowers weren't going to be enough to keep Ren at bay. She had to make her plans, though, and ensure that when Ren met everyone she'd be fine. Without even a heed of warning, Ren would feel Dorrance wrap her arms around her, the scent of lavender oil mixing with her own skin as she nestled Ren against her chest.

"Mmmm, I just randomly wanted to hug you~" Dorrance cooed in Ren's ear. "Can we just stay like this while we talk to everyone?"

It was hard to say if it was enough to work for Ren, but Dorrance could very well try. In fact, someone was coming up.

"Ah, Dorrance!" a jovial voice said in the distance.

It was a man with dark blue hair. Someone that would seem familiar to Ren, but not entirely. Ren might pick up Dorrance tensing very briefly before feigning a smile.

"Duke Marlon!" Dorrance said. "Enjoying the party?"

The man dressed elegantly in a blue and gold suit beamed.

"Very much so!" he said. "I'm glad that you decided to go all-out after all."

The man's eyes then locked on Ren. He bowed.

"Ah, and how are you, Madame Ren?" he said. "I heard you'd be joining us tonight. I'm quite excited to hear your music!"

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:30 am

"...I see." Kiara didn't really know how she felt about Claes' answer. From her saying she was too busy for romance, to muttering something about, someone who was extremely stubborn and wouldn't let her be a part of her life. Kiara had absolutely no idea who she was talking about...but it probably wasn't her.

She felt herself deflate a little, at least until Claes suddenly compliment her hugs. A small smile appeared on Kiara's face as she looked back at Claes. "Well I'm glad my hugging skills are up to par." She giggled. "Though you're fun to hug, so I guess that will help you in the future too right?" She didn't know why, but Claes WAS her favorite person to hug. There was just something about her reaction that made her happy.

hmm..

"Do you think we'll get to enjoy the party at all?" Kiara suddenly shifted gears, growing a little uncomfortable with her own thoughts.

--

Ren gave a slow blink as she found herself suddenly pressed against Dorrance's chest. While it was definitely one of her favorite places to be, she was a little curious as to why this was happening now. Though, honestly, the steady beating of Dorrance's heart mixed with the rather pleasant scent made Ren relax almost immediately. This was a dangerous power Dorrance had, though Ren didn't mind her abusing it.

"Oh I don't mind~" She giggled, her eyes closing for just a moment. "I'd be fine staying like this the rest of the day. Or night. Week?" She grinned a moment before she suddenly felt Dorrance tense. Ren glanced over, her eyes opening tooooooooo, someone who kinda looked familiar! Her eyes narrowed a moment.

Guess he just had one of those faces.

"O-oh, no need to bow. I'm just a simple bard." She laughed. "But yes! I'll be performing tonight, and I promise it will be quite memorable." She'd worked HARD on her song for tonight. So much so she may have KIND OF lost track of WHY they were having the party in the first place. Didn't really matter right? "It's a pleasure to meet you!" She added quickly. She must be polite after all!
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:51 am

"Ha...yeah, maybe it will," Claes said, her face still red.

The two eventually descended into a lull. For some reason, Claes suddenly felt embarrassed and awkward. She wasn't sure why. It wasn't like this was her first time being along with Kiara. Maybe it was the awkward subject matter.

Thankfully, Kiara switched subjects to being about the party.

"H-hm?" Claes said. "Well, I'm not sure. We're meant to patrol, so I'd take it we won't spend any time at all inside until the party's close to over or once it's actually ended. Not that I mind too much."

Kiara would notice Claes frowning slightly.

"I often find parties insufferable," she said. "All the socializing, and niceties, people always asking about your status and your work, and wowing over your grandfather...that stuff."

The more Claes talked, the more her brow seemed to furrow.

With Ren at Dorrance's chest, the former wouldn't notice Dorrance glaring daggers at the Duke. They had already talked it out that he was NOT to mention their visit to Ren. The Duke smiled coyly.

"A pleasure indeed," he said jovially. "It's an honor to see you before the performance itself. Though, as much as I'd like to stay and chat, I should be looking for my wife. She's slipped out of my sight and I'd hate it if she's letting the wine get to her head."

He quickly exited. Ren would feel Dorrance heave a sigh.

They'd meet a few more people, each and everyone giving different remarks. It seemed that even with the two of them all cozied up in the manor for the past weeks, Dorrance had been spreading word about Ren. Sometimes there was simple praise. Sometimes expectations. And sometimes there was the typical slightly racist or classist remark about her being from Saad or not from a noble learning school for bards, but Dorrance would only quip back. She remained affectionate throughout the entire thing, as well, clutching Ren tight to her chest and even occassionally stroking her hair.

Ren, meanwhile, would notice different scents in the air. Sometimes it was strong perfume or the fragrance of flowers, but suffice to say, the iron smell remained. Dorrance's heartbeat remained prominent all throughout as well, sometimes blocking out the sound of what other people were saying.

A few minutes in, however, it would soon be time for Ren's performance. People were getting seated and Dorrance stole Ren away from the crowd and towards the back of the stage. A person was already there with Ren's instruments.

Reluctantly, Dorrance would let go of Ren, allowing her to stand. She looked...oddly sad.

"Are you nervous about going on stage?" Dorrance asked. "And are you still feeling well? I worry about your health, you know. If you're...unwell, we can always wait until the festival proper."

Dorrance had prepped Ren up to this point, though.

Why was she suddenly suggesting backing out?

By the time all the guests had arrived, Clara would finally be able to leave the door area and return to the kitchen. By the time she got there, Viola was alone for once. She was wiping the sweat off her brow and washing her hands. When she'd see Clara, she'd straighten up.

"Ah, you're back. How are you feeling?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:59 am

"Awww..." Kiara deflated slightly. Clearly she had wanted to enjoy herself just a little bit. As Claes continued though, Kiara tilted her head, her eyes widening in surprise. "Parties are supposed to be fun. Any that focus too much on stupid things like that should have a peg or two knocked out of them." She leaned to the side, elbowing Claes lightly and smiling. "Who cares about niceties, status and relatives?" She stared at Claes earnestly before suddenly grinning. "Wanna know a secret?" She waited a beat. "I'm not allowed at any of my parent's parties anymore. Apparently, my behavior didn't 'suit' such a refined atmosphere."

Her voice shifted into a stuffy impersonation of nobility and she took a pose, one hand lightly resting on her chest as she seemingly puffed herself up."Oh KIARA, you can't request the band to play FOLK songs, parties are for boring classical garbage played at every other social event. Oh KIARA, you can't just walk away from conversations when our friends insinuate that you 'need a good bedding.' OH KIARA, you can't throw wine in the face of that very nice boy we picked out for you JUST because he's of higher status and acts like you should lick his boots!" She chuckled at that last part, leaning against Claes lightly as a fit of giggles took her. "Later I enchanted his shoes for flight. His status only got higher after that!" She giggled before raising her hands, her eyes widening once again.

"He didn't die I promise....Anyways, what was I talking about again? Oh right, well Claes, we should throw our own party! Where none of that stuff matters! You don't need to really play nice if you're with friends. We can just dance, play games and have fun!" She beamed.

--

Well the rest of the night went in line with Ren's expectations for certain. Praise, expectations, racism. The only thing she didn't see coming was Dorrance holding her pretty much the entire time. Honestly Ren felt she needed it at this point. She was out of touch, not as suited to all this as she used to be. Everything felt louder, brighter, more overwhelming than it had before. She didn't understand why, but she was grateful that Dorrance had been with her through it.

When they finally got to the back of the stage and Dorrance expressed her doubts, Ren only smiled and shook her head. "I'm sure this is something I can handle my dear. I...admit I still feel a little off, but I've practiced this song so much that I could probably do it in my sleep." She leaned forward, giving Dorrance a small peck. "I will be fine, I promise."

--

By the time Clara managed to get back to the kitchen, the edges of her vision had black spots appearing. She was tired, so very tired suddenly. Perhaps it was all the conversation, or people practically throwing coat after coat at her. Leading them back and forth, up and down stairs. Eventually she paled, staggered every now and then. Her breath began to grow heavy and she felt warm. The guests didn't seem to notice at all. By the end of it, she'd slumped against the doorway, her vision going dark briefly. She awoke to pain in her throat. A coughing fit took her and, momentarily, she had no idea where she was.

"..." She staggered to her feet and moved towards the kitchen, her body almost on autopilot. When she finally reached the kitchen, Viola would see that Clara was in no state to be working, let alone standing. She was pale, her eyes unfocused and half lidded. She was breathing heavily and every now and then, a small drop of blood would bubble out and trail down her chin. She cleared her throat, wiping the drops away as they came. When Viola addressed her, Clara's head raised a little. She blinked hard and made a small face. "Father needs his medicine again." She muttered, clearing her throat once again. "Gonna put it in his food so he doesn't notice." She pushed herself from the door and entered the room, looking for something that just wasn't there.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:35 am

Viola moved like clockwork. She took Clara by the wrist, paying no mind to what she was saying. She turned to a servant in the doorway.

"You. You're in charge until I get back," Viola snapped. "If you make any errors, know I will hold you accountable to them."

"Y-yes, ma'am!" the servant squeaked.

Viola pulled Clara into the hallway and towards the helpers' quarters where Clara's room was.

"You need rest," she said plainly. "You're hallucinating and barely able to stand."

By the time they reached the room, she'd lay Clara down before hurrying towards a pitcher of water. She'd pour a glass and hand it to her.

"Drink," she demanded while touching Clara's forehead to get a feel for her temperature.

By the time Kiara was done talking, she would notice Claes just staring at her with a look of amusement. The girl would then giggle.

"Of course you'd do all that," she said letting out a sigh. "You really are amazing, you know that, Kiara?"

By the time Claes realized what she had said, it was too late. The girl's eyes shot open and her first flashed bright red.

"A-ackk!" she screeched while slapping a hand over her mouth.

She'd quickly dart her eyes to the side, suddenly coughing like crazy, as if she were choking on something. She'd then clear her throat.

"A-anyways! Erm, maybe you're right about that," she said. "Though, I guess I've never been good at games or dancing either. Heh..."

God, what was WITH herself today?? She didn't even know anymore. She just felt really out of her zone at the moment.

Dorrance kissed Ren back lightly. She'd reluctantly let go of her before leaving Ren backstage and going up front. People had lowered their voices as she did and placed their eyes on her.

Honestly, when was the last time Dorrance had this many people at her house? When was the last time so many nobles stared at her this way? Expecting things in relation to her husband? Probably her wedding reception, if anything. After that...

"Now, now, love, your job is to be at home. I go out to all the fancy parties, you stay here. That's all there is to it!"

It'd be a lie to say that she lived in solitude after her husband "passed away". No, she was alone the moment she stepped into the house. Minus Viola, there had been no one else. No one else until...

Dorrance glanced back to where Ren was. She touched her locket cautiously.

"My dearest friends," Dorrance suddenly said as she looked at the crowd. "I thank you so much for joining me today in commemorating my late husband. I'm sure many of you knew him, were friends with him, and like me...loved him."

"You do NOT question my whereabouts! Do you hear me!?"

"It has only been a year, but it has felt so much longer that I've been alone."

"What, now you're crying? Don't give me that, sweetheart..."

"Today we remember him, but today we also move forward," she said firmly. "I'm sure it is what he would have wanted. For us to carry him in our hearts and to live on. To celebrate."

"Of COURSE I love you, Dorrance. Why else would I marry you?

"So tonight..."

"Just stay. Obey. And you never have to doubt my love, understand?"

"We have a very special performance," Dorrance said, a small smile on her face. "Someone who's songs and tales are renowned in Saadedge. And someone who has opened my own heart once anew. Without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, the Jewel of Saadedge, Ren Everett!"

Dorrance would step back as the curtains drew open. The ballroom dimmed and all eyes were on Ren.

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:11 am

Clara, for once, pulled against Viola as she took her wrist. "No no no." She shook her head. "He's going to be mad." She continued mumbling, her words dropping into incoherence as Viola pulled her along. After a few seconds though, she stopped resisting entirely, her lids growing heavy as she was taken into a room and laid down.

She began coughing quite hard and covered her mouth with her hand. When she pulled it away, specks of blood would be seen. "I need to..." She trailed off as she was given water. She complied, but her expression slowly changed. She looked almost panicked as she tried to sit up. "He needs his medicine. He'll throw me out." Tears began to well up in her eyes and she reached up and took Viola's hand. "Someone needs to be there, he'll die." If Viola managed to get a temperature from Clara, she'd immediately notice that the girl had quite a high fever already.

--

Kiara couldn't help but give a wide smile at Claes' words. The tiniest bit of red could be seen in her cheeks. She knew she was amazing...but hearing Claes say it felt...Well she couldn't put it into words. It was embarrassing, but she kind of wanted to hear more. She couldn't really figure out how to up and ask for more compliments though, so, sadly, she'd have to wait.

At Claes' next words, Kiara's smile faltered just a bit. There was a beat of silence as she stared up at the girl. Slowly, Kiara's head tilted. "You're pretty amazing too, you know." Another beat passed and Kiara crossed her arms, suddenly smiling wide once again. "Good or bad doesn't matter as long as you're having fun though, right?" As she spoke, she stepped just a bit closer to Claes, forgetting personal space as an idea popped into her head. "Let's throw our own party!" She repeated. "As long as we're having fun, nothing else matters right?"

--

Ren took a few moments to calm herself as Dorrance began to speak to the crowd. She told herself over and over that she could do this. She was just performing for a bunch of stuffy nobles. She'd practiced this again and again. Who cares if she was a little...off...She could do this in her sleep! She had this! She had this!

She took a few deep breaths as she was announced and walked out on stage.

With Dorrance already taking care of the introductions, she could get right to performing. She picked up her instrument and began to play. Her performance wasn't going to be as flashy as usual. She was relying on her voice and magic rather than a flashy dance. Still, her spells would mix in with her song. They provided extra instruments as well as a certain calmness that would drift out into the crowd. Small specks of light could be seen floating around the room, similar to fireflies.

She'd practiced this over and over again, she only hoped it would be appreciated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:13 am