Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

House of Memories [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

House of Memories [Closed] - Page 9 Empty Re: House of Memories [Closed]

Post by Lilac Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:56 pm

"A monster!" the farmer said. "It's after me! I--AAHHHH!!!"

Valen would hear a scream and clawing at the door. If he opened the door, he would see a cloaked figure with long limbs and clawed hands and feet grabbing the farmer and pinning him down. It raised its hand in the air, ready to slash at the farmer's neck.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:38 am

Valen did not waste a breath. He shadowstepped, disappearing in a flash and appearing behind the cloaked monster. His soul blade had already form in his hand and he slashed across the monster's elbow. He spun around and kicked the monster's side to throw him off the cabbage dealer.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:08 am

The monster made a loud hiss as Valen slashed at it. As it turn, it was knocked off, but quickly got back on all fours. From underneath its hood, Valen would see two glowing red eyes glaring at him. The clouds above started to disappear, causing a ray of sunshine to hit the creature's arm. It shrieked as it touched its skin and fled into the woods. Meanwhile, the cabbage dealer was groaning on the floor, his side bloodied and scratched.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:14 pm

Valen kept his guard up, watching the creature as it fled. When it was certain that it wasn't going to retaliate, he turned his attention to the cabbage seller.

"This story has too many conflicts," Valen muttered to himself. He strode towards the man and knelt down to examine in.

"Calm down," he said gently to the vendor. "It's safe now. Let me help you. Can you try getting up?"

Valen would grip the man's elbow with one hand and support his back with the other as he tried to heave the man to his feet.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:29 am

"I-I'm fine..." the man said shakily. "But that was it! The vampire! It grabbed me and tried to drag me into the woods!"

The man winced as he straightened up. He touched his side. It was still bleeding.

"I barely escaped," he said. "But I managed to stab it in the side with a piece of wood. It let go and I ran here!"

All of a sudden, Valen would hear the crashing of the window.

The creature covered in the sheet had rolled out and was trying to use its torso to scramble on the grassy floor.

"What in blazes!?" the man said as he stumbled backwards.

The creature growled as it used its shoulders to try and inch towards him and Valen.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:36 am

"I can't catch a break..." Valen groaned as he watched the creature worm its way towards them. "Stay right there and don't move."

Valen stepped away and approached the creature. He grabbed the chains from the back and hoisted the creature up, keep it at arm's length and facing away. He dragged the creature back into the house and threw it to the ground, stepping down on it to keep it in place.

"What am I supposed to do now?" Valen groaned, holding his head in his hands, momentarily forgetting about the cabbage seller.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:23 am

The creature thrashed as it was dragged back inside. It didn't take long, however, for it to get tired again and settle into a silent schlump.

Valen would hear foosteps behind him and it was the cabbage seller limping to him.

"It's another creature!?" he exclaimed. "How many of them are--"

But as he looked closer, the cabbage sellers eyes widened.

"Jacques!?" he yelled.

Valen would feel the seller push him aside as he tried to get close to the monster.

"Those clothes...that face..."

The cabbage seller trembled.

The monster merely struggled against its binds.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:24 am

Valen watched warily, parsing his lips. He stepped around, making sure to keep a careful eye on the creature but not touching it just yet.

"Do you know who this person is?" Valen asked calmly to the man."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:20 am

"Y-yes..." the cabbage seller said. "He's one of the servants of the Braybooke's--a noble family that purchases from me. He's one of the people who went missing..."

He looked at Valen warily.

"Y-you don't think he's one of the undead, is he?" he said. "He can still be turned back?"

The cabbage seller started to wobble before touching the ground. He looked at his side, his hand was dyed red.

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:25 pm

"...That's what I'm trying to find out," Valen stated vaguely, purposefully not promising anything. "For now though, you need to lie down."

He placed a hand on the man's shoulder and guided him towards the one bed.

"I'll find something I can use to bandage the wound. Treating injuries is not my specialty though so you'll have to endure."

Valen went and tried to find something he could use to clean the wound and bandage it, keeping the captive creature in the corner of his vision at all times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:28 pm