Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Bleed Magic [Dorrance/Ren]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Bleed Magic [Dorrance/Ren] - Page 10 Empty Re: Bleed Magic [Dorrance/Ren]

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:04 am

Dorrance stood, dazed from the kiss, and managed a small smile. She totally forgot (and probably didn't mind) that the children had seen the two share affection.

"We promise!" Riliane said. "We know magic, too, so we'll do our best!"

"Uhuh!" Allen agreed with fists balled in determination.

Dorrance would wrap her arms around Ren, squeezing her tight before planting a kiss on her check.

"Stay safe, love," she said quietly.

When Ren left, she would hear the door creak closed behind her. She was alone in the hallways again.

On her way to the west wing where the master bedroom was, she'd start hearing the strange sound of...an organ. It appeared to be playing a fugue of sorts and was coming from one of the rooms to the left.

She would also notice some light coming from inside the room as well. She could decide to check if it was an occupant inside. Perhaps the Duke and Marie? Maybe even Bernadette or the strange Lady Futapie. The dead couldn't play a complex fugue, right? Right??
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:15 am

..........Okay but why though?

Ren tried not to have a mini heart attack as she began to hear the sounds of an organ playing. There was light...which probably mean it wasn't the dead? They attacked light from what she saw. Who knew though? Ren took a breath, steeled herself and walked into the door.

Slowly, she crept forward, her eyes looking all around. She'd be fine. She'd be find. She knew she couldn't keep slinging spells, she would exhaust herself at this rate. She'd just sneak for now. At least until she could confirm who was at the organ...

PLEASE be something alive...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:29 pm

When Ren entered the room, she would be met with bright light. The chandelier hung above had been lit, revealing what appeared to be a music room. Aside from several music stands, chairs, and a grand piano, there also appeared to be a large organ at the end of the room. The music stopped the moment she came in, and when she looked at who was at the organ, it was Lady Futapie.

The woman would turn and see Ren. She instantly smiled.

"Ah, Miss Ren," she said. "Ever the night owl, I see? Or did I wake you and pull you away from your lover's arms?"

Lady Futapie would pick up a glass of red fluid at an end table next to her and took a sip.

"You want a glass, perhaps?" she asked raising hers.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Ren visibly relaxed as she saw none other than Lady Futapie. She sighed, sheathing her weapons, yet still keeping a single hand resting on the top of her dagger. After all, they weren't quite safe yet. "It's fortunate I ran into you, Lady Futapie. I'm afraid I have some bad news." She began to move forward, but a thought crept into the back of her mind. She was far too calm considering the circumstances no? She was playing an organ, wouldn't the creatures have been drawn to it? Then again, there were also only two left. Gale might've run into one and the other might be accosting the Duke and Duchess...

Still, it was HER servants that went missing. These things attacked after SHE got here...Plus, they seemed to be following the residents...

WAIT!

Ren froze a moment.

Every time they'd seen one, they had been attacking the residents. Ren's eyes began scanning the room. If there were two left. One might be going after the Duke and Duchess, the other might be after Bernadette. Ren's eyes looked over the woman once again. She couldn't be a vampire..could she? She was creepy, but...

"I'm afraid there may be no time. Undead are accosting the residents of the manor. One may be targeting you as well." She wasn't sure, but there was no use throwing accusations around...She would just have to be careful. "I'm about to go and retrieve the Duke and Duchess. Please, if you follow me, I can get us all to safety." Oh wait, she was speaking to nobility wasn't she!? She awkwardly turned, giving a small bow. "I apologize if this puts a damper on your evening. The situation will be settled soon though, I assure you."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:34 am

As Ren bowed, she'd feel soft, red-nailed fingers touch her chin and slowly raise her face upwards. She'd meet with Lady Futapie's luminescent light blue eyes.

"Oh, you're such a sweetheart," Lady Futapie said slowly. "And being out here on your own when everyone's in such danger. That's so noble of you~"

Despite Ren's urgent message, Lady Futapie did not at all look upset with the news. If anything, she was acting far too calm. Carmilla would release Ren's hand and move back towards the end table with her glass and started to pour more wine.

"You know, the funny thing about the undead is that they don't stray too far off from where they were killed," she said slowly. "And the manor is far too distant from the rest of town for the undead to just come up and about, don't you think? There are only two reasons they'd be here: one, someone like a necromancer brought them here or, two..."

Carmilla took another sip of red wine. The red tint would stain her lips and she'd brush it off slowly, almost sensually, with the back of her hand.

"They were here all along."

Carmilla put the glass down and approached Ren with clasped hands.

"I'm not sure if you'll believe me, but I thought it was strange when each time my workers would go out for errands and didn't come back, it happened to be when Gale or Bernadette invited them to do errands together. I came here under the guise that I was visiting for casual reasons, but I'm actually investigating if there are any leads to my missing servants. And what you say just might prove it."

Carmilla swished her wine casually.

"And if I'm correct, then it is really bad that you have left sweet Dorrance alone right now."

As if on cue, Ren would hear a shrill cry coming from just where she came.

Carmilla tilted her head and grinned.

"Better hurry, Miss Everett~"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:19 am

...What?

Ren felt like she was about to throw up as Lady Futapie spoke. She'd been wrong hadn't she? She knew it. She shouldn't have left Dorrance alone! She didn't know all the details and she had made assumptions and..

"I-I.." Ren's mind went completely blank as she heard a scream. She stepped back, drawing her blades. "Stay safe then, Lady Futapie. Lock yourself in, I'll be back!" She turned on her heel and began to sprint out of the room back towards Dorrance.

As she ran, she found herself unable to keep her breath even. Her heart felt like a rock. She almost didn't want to see what her incompetence had caused. If Dorrance was dead because of her...

She closed her eyes for a moment, a small, uneven hum beginning to resound through her. She continued humming as she ran, a small comfort in a desperate situation. She'd keep running, all the way back to the chapel, back to Dorrance.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:14 am

When Ren entered the chapel, what she would see is would stun her. A figure laid on the floor with blood streaming out of its neck, albeit blackish and thick. In front of it stood Dorrance, more of the black ooze splattered on her face but otherwise looking unscathed. She was in a bellicose stance, her legs lowered and a jagged knife in her hand raised and shining with even the fluid pouring from the monster's neck. The children were in a corner, hugging one another in horror.

When Dorrance looked up, she'd notice Ren.

"R-Ren?" she said panting. "What are you doing back?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:23 am

Ren let out a relieved sigh as she saw that Dorrance was okay. Her heart fluttered in her chest. She sheathed her blades, rushing forward. She froze over the monster, giving in a sharp kick before just throwing her arms around Dorrance, picking her up, and moving her away from the thing. Once she down, she hold her tightly.

This provided two things for Ren. Comfort, and being close enough to Dorrance to whisper in her ear. "I met with Lady Futapie." She muttered. "Her servants went missing whenever they'd go help Bernadette or Gale with errands. She was here investigating that." Ren squeezed her tight. "I thought..I thought I'd led you right into a trap." She felt like she wanted to cry, but she kept herself together for Dorrance's sake. They still weren't safe. She didn't know what to do anymore...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:12 am

Dorrance looked a little surprised to see Ren back so soon, let alone hug her so tightly as if her life depended on it.

"Ren, dear, what happened? You're shaking!" Dorrance said as she rubbed her back.

Ren quickly explained though what Lady Futapie had told her, to which Dorrance's eyes widened.

"I don't understand," Dorrance murmured. "If that's true, then, wouldn't that mean..."

From the corner of her eye, Dorrance would notice bright red eyes from the dark corner of the chapel room. As it came out of hiding, Dorrance's eyes would widen.

"REN!" she screamed.

Dorrance would try to push Ren to the side, but it was too late. A black figure rushed past, knocking Dorrance out of the way and against a pillar. Hands would wrap around Ren from behind and almost as quickly as everything else, she'd feel a sharp pain come over her neck.

"REN, NO!!!!"

Ren's body would feel weaker and weaker, her vision blurring as a hazy image of Dorrance charged forward. A splatter of blood, a second body to the floor with white hair and a brown cloak. Ren would feel hazy now and it wouldn't be long for her to pass out.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:25 am

Ren, for a moment, relaxed in the comfort of Dorrance. Things were going to be okay...Dorrance was fine. No matter what, she'd make sure whoever was doing this would pay. She could still get everyone out alive.

She cou-

Her eyes would widen as she heard Dorrance scream. Something was coming for them! She pushed Dorrance back, drawing her dagger. Unfortunately, she wasn't fast enough. She felt pain in her neck. Her vision went hazy. Everything felt weak. She...She wasn't going to die here though!!! Her free hand reached up, worming through its grip and grabbing at is hair. She pulled it roughly, incidentally causing it to bite harder. Still, it allowed her to stab upward with her dagger. She wasn't sure if she hit it, but a moment later, she felt herself be freed. She stumbled forward, her hand dropping her dagger and pressing against her bleeding neck.

She was fine.

She could...

She drew her scimitar, kneeling to the floor as she tried to make out any other threats. She heard a clang and looked down. She'd dropped her scimitar. There was one last look of confusion on her face before she suddenly lurched forwards and her vision went completely dark.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 am