Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

3 posters

In My Time of Need [Ask]

Grimoire
    Grimoire

In My Time of Need [Ask] - Page 3 Empty Re: In My Time of Need [Ask]

Post by Grimoire Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:52 am

The moment Liseran turned towards the direction of the doorway, Alice was there blocking her way, case in hand and having not made a single sound or sign of movement.

"There are too many unknown factors regarding the current situation and the location," Alice stated blankly. "As you are unarmed, you must not act needlessly during this event. You must remain here within close vicinity of the lead officer. There are enough individuals present that your actions are not necessary. Acting otherwise is not necessary. Anything you require you can fufill here."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:52 pm

"Those are both very good suggestions," Aspen said as she nodded. "And while I like the idea of hunting a crazy beast without any idea what they're about, I think we should get some information first with regards to its patterns. Then we can probably put a spear through it."

Aspen knew others were quite wary about what the beast was, especially the village people, but it was a sentiment not shared. To Aspen, this just sounded like a corrupted beast that hadn't been seen before, and that just meant something to add to her collection.

"So, before we go, mind telling me about your skills?" she asked looking at the two of them.

Liseran would pout sharply at Alice's insistence.

"And why should the risk to me be any different from everyone else?" she said with crossed arms.

She looked at Alice, and seeing she still held the same blank expression, she sighed. She thought for a moment, and then, putting on a much friendlier and sweeter smile, she offered,

"How about this: would it be safe for me to 'go out on a leisurely stroll' if you went with me?" she asked, lowering herself to Alice's level and clasping her hands together. "I'm sure a competent officer as yourself could protect me from harm. Plus, you're the first officer my age I've talked to. For all you know, we could be good friends!"

Somewhere in Stahlmin, Claes was severely offended, Liseran believed.

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:55 pm

Kiara crossed her arms at Aspen's words. "I'm not talking about hunting. Just observing. You're a hunter yeah? Surely you understand that the general population's perceptions of beast's habits tend to be incorrect?" She REALLY didn't want to go around asking a bunch of random people questions. She was willing to bet they'd get a bunch of conflicting reports.

"Try to have a little more faith. They've been dealing with this for quite some time." Rowan idly glanced towards Kiara. He figured she'd be digging in her heels in this regard, but he wanted to try regardless.

"Which means their delusions about this thing will be stronger."

Rowan sighed and shook his head. Luckily, the hunter had questions. "I'm decent with stealth and can kill with pretty much any weapon. The spear is what I'm best at though."

Kiara clearly wasn't happy that the topic was changing, but spoke up nonetheless. "I'm an artificer first and foremost, but I'm pretty amazing with casting. Destruction is my favorite school of magic, but I also know a good amount of alteration and a little healing."
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Alice pulled her hand away and stared blankly at Liseran.

"Negative," she said bluntly. "As we are lacking in information on the possible dangers in the area, having a guard present while you yourself are unarmed does not guarantee your personal safety. You are not required to help in the investigation."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:06 am

"I agree that we can't entirely take out the claims of villagers," she said. She turned to Kiara and tried petting her head, perhaps a little too patronizingly. "But yeah, we'll have our fair share of observing if the monster comes our way. Why not we just stick to interrogating while watching out for the monster? For now at least. I know you're eager to get into the action, but a hunter gets a lot of information from the tracks the beast makes, and the carcasses of their kills."

The little girl was perhaps a little too eager to disregard interrogations, and while she shared her sentiment, it was better to proceed with caution--especially in the fog. Aspen also wasn't allowing two people to get eaten on her watch. These two seemed no more than kids, after all. Sure it was only by a few years from her, but that still made them kids in her eyes.

The two would talk about their skills, Aspen nodding as she listened intently.

"I see. As for myself, I'm a hunter, as you might've deduced. I set traps, I kill stuff with arrows, and I have a magic flute," she said coolly. "Shall we get going then? Unless you have any other questions".

"Hauuu...then give me my weapons!" Liseran said, breaking out of her ladylike persona for a moment and whining like a little girl. She'd stare at Alice for a moment, pouting furiously.

This was definitely not working. She supposed despite her being young, Alice wasn't as impressionable as she first assumed. There was only one other thing to do.

Liseran lunged forward and would grab at the black box, trying to tug it away from Alice desperately.

"GIVE IT TO MEEEEE....!!!"

She was yelling pretty loudly and childishly, but that wasn't stopping her.

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:40 am

Kiara's face fell into a blank expression as she was suddenly pat on the head. Just who WAS this hunter!? She wasn't sure whether to be angry, insulted or offended. She didn't seem to understand where Kiara was even coming from, not was she trying to understand.

At the very least, she made good points about tracks and carcasses. Kiara perked up immediately. "I wonder if its killed anything recently? We might be able to get some extra information there." As she spoke, she took a step back JUST IN CASE another hand raised in her direction. Not many people could get away with a head pat. Aspen would have to EARN that right!!!

Suddenly, the woman nearby burst out in a fit. Crying about weapons suddenly? Rowan turned, his eyes narrowing as he watched a member of the Expiate whining about something or other. "...Well." He turned back to Aspen and Kiara before continuing. "I have the utmost faith that the Expiate have things handled here. Let's go."

Kiara on the other hand, didn't seem to notice the commotion. Her mind was geared towards the mission and their current problem at hand. Hell she didn't even catch Rowan's sarcasm. "Yup! They got things covered, let's go do our thing!" She chirped happily.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:14 pm

Despite Liseran's sudden outburst, neither the case or the girl holding it seemed to budge as if both had suddenly solidified into a statue.

"Please desist from such unnecessary actions," Alice said in monotone, her half-lidded expression remaining unreadable as ever. "You are only expending energy needlessly. The percentage of your assured safety is below accepted parameters outside of this vicinity while you are unarmed. I am not allowed to give you the contents of the case. Regardless, your participation is not required in this mission. There is not reason for you to put yourself at risk."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:14 am

Aspen withdrew her hand when Kiara stepped away from her but showed no sign of disappointment. Instead, she took note of Kiara's question.

"That is a good point," she said. "If it's killed any people and bodies were left behind, it could give us a hint as to how it attacks. The same goes for any livestock. I suppose we can go ask guards if we can take a look at the bodies or any dead animals? If there's none, we can at least survey places where it attacked. Look at the damage it did, footprints, that sort of thing right?"

In the distance, she'd hear a scream. Looking in the direction of the source, she'd see what looked like a grown lady trying to pilfer an Expiate member's black box. It didn't seem like she was too effective and she looked more like a child trying to get back something. Ren voiced that it was best they leave, and Aspen couldn't help but agree.

"Yeaaah...I don't want to know what that is all about," she said.

With that, she'd start for the door, trying to pass by the two odd people without gaining their attention. However as she passed and if the group had followed her, Liseran would see them and cry out.

"W-wait!" she said. "You guys! You're volunteers right? Can I join your team? Andcouldyoubyanychancelendmesomestonechargesandanyweapons?"

The girl who, despite wearing the colors of Expiate members, looked more like she belonged in a library was staring at them frantically. She then would turn back to Alice.

"Look! They seem competent!" she said pointing at them.

"Seem??" Aspen said crossing her arms.

Liseran ignored her and continued pulling at the box as she spoke to Alice.

"If I go with them, it'll be safer, right? Right?" she said still struggling. "I'm--too-BORED--TO--STAY--HEEEERE!"

Liseran gave the box one more yank, but would ultimately slip from them and fall on her self on the ground. She rubbed her back tenderly.

"Ow...ow..."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Thu May 16, 2019 7:52 am

Just as they were about to leave, the loud Expiate officer ran up to them. While Rowan's face deadpanned, stars were practically shining in Kiara's eyes. "Of course you can come with us!" She chirped before grabbing her hand and quickly pulling her up. "I might have some spare weapons and charges in my cart outside!"

Rowan, on the other hand, wasn't exactly as excited. He looked over to Aspen with a grim look. "You know this isn't some fun game right? If you're doing this cause you're bored I'd rather stick with just the three of us." He crossed his arms as well, tilting his head. It was bad enough to have a wildcard like Kiara on the team, at least she seemed intelligent. This Expiate member though...

"Hey! She's part of the Expiate, she's doing this to protect the tow. Right?" She looked back towards the woman. She had the utmost faith in her despite the scene she had just made. "Besides, the Expiate is really powerful as are its members! She'll be a great boon to us!"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sun May 26, 2019 1:55 am

Before either of them got too hopeful, Liseran was yanked back by the collar with heavy force. Alice stared at the three people with a deadpan expression in silence for some extended time when her eyes blinked and she raised her chin as if noting something.

"Individuals of unknown background and ability are not adequate for insuring the safety of Liseran Dormise," Alice stated plainly. "Being equipped with an unknown weapon of uncertain quality lowers the insured safety of Liseran Dormirse. Liseran Dormirse has no obligation to participate in this semi-unofficial Expiate operation."

The girl tipped her head by exactly forty-five degrees and then turned to go back to the study room, still gripped Liseran's collar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:21 pm