Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

An En-deer-ing Present-ation

Silverion
    Silverion

An En-deer-ing Present-ation Empty An En-deer-ing Present-ation

Post by Silverion Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:16 am

And so the day has finally arrived, the second part of the Dance of the Tulips where the men of Esterelf are to give a gift to their object of affection. And for today, you were given very specific instructions to wait at the outskirts of Leiger, more precisely in one spot that's popular for its beautiful vista of the rural skyline. It definitely helps that today happened to be a rather magnificent day, with nary a cloud in sight and a sun that radiated a warm but inobtrusive feeling. Indeed, the beauty of the scenery almost made you forget why you were here, and such a thought wouldn't come to your mind until you hear the distant sound of pedals turning, like someone was riding a bike while they were being chased by a vengeful Incantus!

That was because that was indeed happening. Well, minus the Incantus part. Turning to the source of the sound, you notice a man approaching quite rapidly, his brown/orange hair and nubby stag horns being the first things your eyes fall upon. Followed by the face of this strange man, that go from strained to delighted as your eyes meet. "Ahoy!" The man shouts, using one hand to wave at you, even if that caused his bike to become a bit unsteady, specially since he didn't notice a slightly large pebble hit the front wheel of his bike, causing the man to lose control of his ride. As the man attempted to regain control of his bicycle, you notice that he had a strange, wooden rectangular case strapped on his back, almost the same length as his body, and strapped to that, a smaller box wrapped in colorful red and pink paper, with festive decorations.

Be intrigued by the boxes:

Attempt to be of use in this situation:

"My apologies, I did not mean for you to observe such a careless display." He said, trying to mask his frustration with a more humorous tone. "But at the very least, no accident has occurred! Meaning your gifts are still safe and sound." And the truth is revealed, the Enkidu directed here to wait for him so that he could give you a gift! You are surprised about the revelation, not exactly because you didn't expect to get gifts, but rather because you didn't think Goibniu McCrae cared for today's festivity. You know not all Enkidus celebrated The Dance of Tulips, but you weren't sure he did, as he always seemed to be a rather busy and analytical man. Then again, the man had a propensity for the absurdity, so maybe this shouldn't have surprised you as much.

But wait, did he say gifts?

"Now, I know what you are thinking. I know I may be overstepping with two gifts, but there is a caveat for them: I'm allowing you to choose one of them!" Goibniu added, as he removed the straps from his chest, holding both gifts carefully so that they don't fall to the ground. "One is a small gift, and the other is a big gift. Keep in mind, their size is just literal, as they both hold a lot of sentimental value." He said, his face flashing a smile at you, a more... caring kind of smile, rather than his usual confident smile. It was certainly quite odd that he would allow you to choose the gift instead of just giving one to you straight up, but then again, maybe its just due to a lack of proper understanding for the festivity? Or maybe it was just a personal choice?

"You dummy, that's not how it works.":

"Oooh... why the choice though?":

With your curiosity quelled, you decide to make a choice. The small one seems rather standard, while the big one is rather mysterious. What sort of thing has this man cooked up for you?

Choose the small gift:

Choose the big gift:

Once your gift was presented, Goibniu's cheek turns slightly red as he looks at you, suddenly looking bashful. "Well... Happy King's Return! That's how it goes, right? Aha, I'm not exactly used to this, I haven't had much chance to celebrate this in my youth..." The man began looking distracted, almost unsure as to what to do next. Where did that confidence go? Well, it seems you will have to do something to snap the man from his confused stupor.

"Happy King's Return to you too.":

"Errr, sorry, I sort of need to leave.":

Words are for nerds. Smooch the deer:

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:37 am