Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Pity Chocolates

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Pity Chocolates Empty Pity Chocolates

Post by Lilac Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:45 pm

[Day of Merry, Leiger Expiate Headquarters]

It's the Day of Merry, but as an Expiate officer of nondescript rank, you don't expect much attention. That doesn't stop everyone around you from getting up-in-arms about the entire affair. As you enter the headquarters, you can already see female officers flocking to their chosen sweethearts, gifts of all kinds in tow.

Seems like it's going to be a busy day, you think to yourself.

As you head to your office, you pass by the quadrangle. In the distance, you can see multiple girls gathering around Special Unit officer, Chastain Aubert. The statuesque man with long dark hair smiles smugly. He raises his hands in reassurance.

"Ladies, ladies, please. There's enough of me to go around. I'll happily take all of your gifts~. Now, form a line so I don't miss a single one of you, hm?"

You're not too surprised. After all, Chastain's a top-ranking officer with good looks to boot. Girls don't even seem to mind that they're one of a hundred giving him a gift that day. It was like Chastain had his fan club.

Before you can cross the width of the quadrangle, you surprisingly catch Officer Chastain's attention. He gives you a two-fingered salute and a wink.

"Ah, fellow officer! Are you here to shower me with gifts as well?"

"It's the Day of Merry. I'm a boy." :

"Not this girl, sadly!" :

You watch as he takes box after box from the girls in the line and putting them on a nearby table. He keeps his eyes on you the entire time as if reading you. You're amazed at how he can receive gifts so offhandedly.

"Now that I look at you, you don't seem too enthused about today," he observes.

You give him a shrug.

"I'm too busy with work." :

"I don't think it really applies to me." :

A shy girl with twin tails is next in line. She stretches her hands out to give Chastain a basket of muffins. Chastain flashes her a grin before going back to you.

"You know, contrary to popular belief, The Day of Merry doesn't mean your gift or giver has to be romantically attached with you," Chastain said. "Many people use the Day of Merry and the King's Return to show their token of appreciation, be it familial or platonic. Love comes in many forms, after all. I mean, look at me. None of these girls expect me to reciprocate their affection romantically. But that doesn't stop them, does it? They just appreciate that I exist. Isn't that right, girls?"

"Yes, Officer Chastain!" the girls say in chorus.

Chastain shrugs. "See what I mean? So chin up, young officer! Today might bring you surprises yet. Or you can make your own."

"Thanks, I guess?" :

"I appreciate the advice, Officer Chastain!" :

"Oh, before you go..."

Chastain looks at his pile of gifts and picks the smallest package. He tosses it in your direction.

"Something to help you get into the spirit of things."

"Wait, really!?:

"Wow! Thank you!" :

Pity Chocolates

Description: It's the smallest present from Chastain's pile. Whether he felt bad for you or was just finding a way to dispose of his multitude of gifts, chocolate's still chocolate.

...these are chocolate-covered raisins.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:09 am