Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

3 posters

In My Time of Need [Ask]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

In My Time of Need [Ask] - Page 7 Empty Re: In My Time of Need [Ask]

Post by Lilac Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:20 am

"A merchant," Liseran repeated with a slow nod. "I see."

She sat down more comfortably in her chair, leaning a little closer to the boy. Her earlier irritation seemed to have dissipated for the moment. She opened her mouth to speak, but hesitated. After a moment, she tried to speak again.

"Um...I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you look quite young to be traveling from place to place alone," she said. "Do you come far from here?"

Aspen heard the call as well, and she nodded at the two. She'd keep her wind dome from letting the fog directly blind them, but they still could only see a few feet ahead. She'd eye the two before gesturing for them to start to slowly move forward. She had her flute in hand, but her bow was ready with a quick pull if something came up. All they could do going forward was keep an eye out.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

In My Time of Need [Ask] - Page 7 Empty Re: In My Time of Need [Ask]

Post by Grimoire Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:57 am

"Y-Yes? I mean no! I'm just an unrelated stranger is all miss," the boy laughed nervously, scooting back. "You don't have to worry bout me. I've been on my own for a while now. Not afraid of much, believe me."

~~~~~

Leave now

The group would hear this warning again and again by a raspy voice in the wind. The voice came from no particular direction and sounded otherworldly. As they pushed forward, Aspen's wind started to sputter by the effect of Kiara's roar but luckily the fog seemed to thin out enough for them to see things with slightly blurred coherence.

Leave. Leave

Get oooouuut

Leave before it's too late!

"Hey!"

Abruptly, a harsh, gruff, and masculine voice came directly behind them. When they would look, it appeared to be a man long in years in overalls and muddy boats. He had a sour face and looked at them distrustingly. Under his arm he was lugging around some bulky bag of something.

"What are ya fools doing here, hm?" he grumbled at them with a scowl that would scare away a bear. "If you're looking for salvage to pawn, git. Ain't nothing left here but spirits."

He lumbered over and nudged passed all three of them, going straight for the cart wreckage. He dropped his sack with a loud clank and crouched down onto one knee. He rummaged around his back and pulled out a wooden block. With a grunt, he pushed the cart from the side and then shoved the block under to keep it propped. He squinted and grumbled as he examined where the cart was missing a wheel. Then as if he'd already forgotten about them, he looked over his shoulder at the trio and groaned.

"You still here?" he grumbled.

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 4:20 am