Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

When the Pistols are Hanged [Open]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

When the Pistols are Hanged [Open] - Page 3 Empty Re: When the Pistols are Hanged [Open]

Post by Lilac Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:52 am

And it seems that Violet accepted the answer, something that was definitely good, since elaborating more would have been rather awkward, and something that may be a bit too much to give to a stranger like her. Still! It was good to see her recognizing the fruit of the Expiate's labor.

"Indeed! Fighting to keep the peace is our objective, and any outside help we can get is always welcomed." He stated, his voice showing a bit of pride, as he made a small sigh. "It may not be easy at times, but I hope this could one day lead us to have a more cooperative society." After all, that was his mother's dream.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

When the Pistols are Hanged [Open] - Page 3 Empty Re: When the Pistols are Hanged [Open]

This was a bit more than Violet could stand, and her anger began bubbling towards the surface. The man was far too naive. Still in a calm, but quite icy voice, she said, "It may be your objective, Mr. Goibniu, but it is not the objective of the Expiate. Indeed, I find it somewhat tragic that a tolerant man such as yourself is an officer of such an oppressive entity."

She took a few breaths to calm herself, hoping she hadn't gone too far. Still though, he'd hear it eventually, and better he heard it in a park on a nice sunny day than anywhere else. And in fact, he'd probably heard it before. "I just mean, Monsieur, surely you know of the subjugation of innocent Walpurgi?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Suddenly things went from good to bad, as Violet began mentioning anti-Expiate rhetoric, just like Liseran did when he met her time ago. "Surely you are exaggerating Madam Fletcher, there may be a few bad apples in the organization, sadly that's common in every organization, but I'd hardly call it 'oppresive'." He said, his face showing a confused expression due to the sudden mood whiplash.

However, Violet then lowever her hostility and asked him a question. "I have, and it is something out of place. Even if we have a duty to preserve order, we can't just prosecute anyone that looks us wrong. If they obey the law and don't cause issue, it would be unfair to still go against them." It may be true that he may give Cartic mages a cautious look, and give a Walpurgis various sideglances of distrust, but there's nothing he can do if they are operating within the bounds of the law. Those who seek to harm others are savages, but it didn't mean they needed to, in turn, be savages to everyone in return.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:53 am

Violet could've banged her head against the concrete. Or his. "Every time Tourmaline tries to cross a country border-- and sometimes even city borders-- it can take a full day to get through customs. Seriously. Come with us next time we leave the country, and don't mention that you're Expiate to the officers. You'll see how they treat her."

Violet wondered for a moment what, exactly, Goibniu's rank was. "What do you do in the Expiate? I mean, are you a captain, lieutenant? And follow up question, are the other officers aware of your tolerance towards Walpurgi?" It was possible that, if he had a reputation and was sufficiently high enough rank, they'd tone it down in front of him.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:54 am

"Mmmh, bureaucracy is one of our lower points, I noticed. My initiation to the Expiate wasn't an immediate one either." It could be due to him being an Enkidu in a very human-centric organization, but hey, he was admitted, so there's that.

"Oh, I joined not too long ago, this I am merely an officer. As for that, I am not aware, since I have done menial work so far, and haven't been with other officer yet. Well, except one, but I don't think she's aware." And even then, he didn't know Claes well enough to make an assessment of her reaction if she were to know.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Violet was unsatisfied. "Hm. Well. I'd suggest opening your eyes, monsieur; you may be missing a lot more than you think." Violet was spending more time here than she'd expected, and had told Tourmaline she'd only be out for a little while. "It's at this point that I must bid you adieu. Have a good one."

She quickly gathered her stuff up, and left.

[Violet is out of the thread]
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Before he could reply to her first comment, Violet bid her goodbyes. [color:ae06=#fe0]"Ah, well, I'll see you another time Madam Fletcher." He said, waving his arm gently as the woman left. Once she was out of sight, Goibniu merely sighed. Why did everyone he meet dislike the Expiate? They couldn't all be oppresors, right? It was them who arrived at the scene and defeated that Walpurgis that killed his mother and many other villagers, which meant that there were good people there.

And yet, many people felt ambivalence at best towards them. Liseran, Maia, Tourmaline, and now Violet. What did he have to do to prove them wrong? They say actions speak louder than words, but there wasn't much he could do anyway, outside of continuing showing the more just side of the organization.

And that was definitely what he intended to do.

[End Tag]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:42 am