Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open] - Page 2 Empty Re: Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:32 am

Maia immediately cringed at the mention of her last name. Liseran should know by know that Maia despised that name, and knew it was less than wise to shout it around. Sure, the Tommelise family was mainly in Saoirse, and usually people in Saoirse were the only people familiar with the name. Usually. She had met a few people who started ranting at her in different nations before.

She raised an eyebrow at the girl. "...Why were you in the tree, Miss Dormirse?" Maia asked. She immediately assumed Liseran was doing something regarding that rebel group she was a part of.

Then a random woman just walked in between them. And greeted them. "Uh... Hi?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open] - Page 2 Empty Re: Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open]

"... Oh!"

It was then when he noticed that Liseran was in a rather indecent placement, leaving her exposed. And it was ungentlemanly to stare!

Just as she requested, Goibniu turned around, a slight blush coloring his face alongside his orange moustache. He heard the branch give up and break, followed by another sound, and once her feet landed on the ground, he turned again and saw the glyph below her.

Did she just use magic?

Goibniu stared in surprise as Liseran greeted Maia and him, his nose moving gently in suspiciousness. "Why hello there stranger! Glad to see you are safe, but mayhaps you can tell us what was your business up there? Not a lot of things to harvest up in the trees unless you aim to get assaulted by rambunctious avians." He asked, his tone remainding friendly, despite his doubts. At least she seemed acquainted to Maia, which meant less chances for her to harm her.

But suddenly, the sound of rocks breaking apart surprised him, and as he turned to see, he saw another person wandering towards them! Who knew a makeshift target practice area would attract this many dames. "Good afternoon to you too! Were you the one that collapsed one of the stones just now?"

Maybe they were all looking to break rocks too?
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Despite trying to keep composed, Liseran found herself pouting and looking to the side. Her fingers played around with the ends of her hair.

"O-oh, nothing, really," she explained. She cleared her throat. "I was simply, err...watching you two. I could never use a gun. It's ridiculously hard to aim, let alone could I shatter a rock with a knife. Hehe..."

Liseran offered a sheepish smile, which was considerably out-of-character for her if Maia were to consider it. Liseran then flushed and looked to the side.

"A-anyways, my name is Liseran Dormirse," she squeaked out as she performed a small curtsy. "It's very nice to meet you--"

Some shouting could be heard in the distance, and Tourmaline came in sight. The girl had also shattered a rock (with a spell, not a dagger) and seemed rather upset. She didn't comment though as the others beat her to it.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:34 am

Tourmaline glanced at each of her sudden conversation partners, trying to swallow the embarrassment of her sudden, angry appearance. One was an Enkidu, which was interesting-- Tourmaline had only met a few of them. He had stag horns sticking out of his head, which was certainly interesting. The other was wearing a courier uniform, which made Tourmaline wonder if she wore it all the time, or was just taking a quick break from her job. The final had the posture of a noblewoman, which kind of intimidated Tourmaline; her family had money, sure, but they weren't on the level of nobles.

Upon realizing that there'd been a bit of an awkward silence, Tourmaline figured she should talk. She tried to clear her throat, but just wheezed; after swallowing, and successfully clearing, she said, "Uh, hi, sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you..." She glanced around. A few shattered rocks lie around besides the one she'd just made. "Training?"

"Oh, uh, Tourmaline Cardona, researcher. Nice to meet you all." She stiffened her hand a bit to shake, but halfway through the motion, thought it might be better if she didn't shake. She shoved her hand into her pocket, trying to make the movement look a little more fluid.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:36 am

"It's actually not that difficult. Hit it in the right spot with a strong enough blade, and you could shatter it. But a little muscle wouldn't hurt either." Maia chuckled softly. To be honest, it was mainly the material the daggers were made from. They were strong, they had to be. You never knew what you run into out in Esterelf. But her mind drifted to how weird Liseran was acting. It was like she was a completely different person.

"You okay, Liseran? Normally you're pretty cold and ladylike. A bit snobbish too." Maia asked, of course she had a little hint of a joke in there. Hey, she never saw Liseran act like this before, and wasn't going or miss her chance to make her more flustered.

Maia smiled softly at the newcomer. "It's nice to meet you, Tourmaline. You have a lovely name. It's a type of gemstone, correct?" Maia asked. She thought it was, but rocks and gems weren't what interested Maia. "By the way, I'm Maia. A courier. "
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:38 am

Goibniu's suspiciousness only rose when Liseran mentioned that she was watching them. How long exactly? Did she arrive next to Maia? Or was she watching only him? The thought suddenly made him feel a bit unconfortable, and instead he rubbed his chin in contemplation to avoid his concern to be noticed.

"Actually, aiming with a firearm isn't exactly complicated! All you need to do is have a steady aim and a firm grip, unless you want it to ricochet off your hand, hah!" Goibniu pointed out, as he heard Maia poke fun at her. It definitely looked like the two had history, and wondered if this teasing banter was something normal.

Of course, he couldn't just keep ignoring the stranger, and instead, he refocused his attention to her and said "Oh, you are not incorrect, actually! This is a practice area hand-crafted by myself to train with my pistol. It just so happen that today's training took an interesting turn." The tone of proudness still lingered in his voice. "A fellow research, huh? Interesting! Oh, right, and I'm Goibniu McCrae, pleasure to meet you!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:39 am

Liseran pouted at Maia's remark and turned away, playing with the ends of her hair nervously.

"W-what on earth are you talking about?" she said. "I'm still as well-mannered as ever!"

She blushed a little more and gave Goibniu a small glance as he talked about his marksmanship. She made a small, shy giggle.

"I still think it takes a lot and dedication to do it," Liseran said sweetly. She clasped her hands together. "I couldn't help but watch you from afar as you practiced. Eheh...that's actually why I was up that tree."

She pouted and lowered her head, pressing her fingers together nervously.

"I-I didn't want to disturb you, so I just..."

Liseran squeaked and bowed politely. "I'm sorry! I really shouldn't have been spying on you, sir!"

Liseran, by far, had lost her composure and was acting as silly as a school girl. She manged to calm down a bit since Tourmaline arrived, though, and everyone was exchanging pleasantries. She curtsied towards Tourmaline.

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Tourmaline," she said. "You may simply call me Liseran Dormirse."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:40 am

Now recovering from the initial awkwardness, Tourmaline was able to pull herself together and act like an actual human being. She considered each of the strangers in turn as they spoke to her.

Tourmaline rather liked Maia; she seemed straightforward, but not in an off-putting way. Smiling back at her, Tourmaline pulled out her clip, showing her the gemstone, and the transfiguration marks. "It doubles as my medium."

Goibniu also seemed alright, although a bit... Showy. "Always good to meet a fellow researcher. What field do you work in? I'm energy, myself." Tourmaline showed him professional courtesy, reaching her hand out to shake his. She always tried to befriend other researchers, as the field could only benefit from more ideas being thrown together.

Finally, Tourmaline considered Liseran. Tourmaline tried to think of something redeeming of Liseran, but didn't find anything immediate. She was the type of girl that cast curses on Tourmaline in the Cartic academy; in fact, she reminded her far too much of one particular bully that was the reason Tourmaline developed her magic shield-- she had to have that spell on her at all times. Still, she tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, nodding to her curtsy. "It's a pleasure."

After a second, Tourmaline cleared her throat. "So..." She cast about for something to say. "I've been meaning to learn to fight better; mind if I join your training?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:40 am

"Hmm. It looks beautiful." Maia replied. Whst a wonderful way to keep all her incantations. It looked pretty too! Though Maia wondered if she continued with her schooling, would she have something similar? But she shook those thoughts put of her head. She was never going to be a mage.

Maia scratched her chin. "Well actually, I interrupted Goibniu's training. But I'm sure I can show you how a courier fights!" She replied. She flashed a grin at everyone. She needed some more training. A way to keep her skills polished.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:41 am

When Liseran explained her reasons to spy on Goibniu, he went from suspicious to flustered. Was this a sign of... Admiration?

He still felt rather unconfortable due to being spied on, but this revelation was still not something he was exactly ready for. "Uh..." He said, as she bowed in apology. "It's, not a problem, really! I guess my skill can be transfixing at times, haha, but it wouldn't have been a bother at all! I can't deny someone who's all agog about it." Goibniu finished, waving his free hand away. If one where to notice, they'd see a faint tint of red flash in his cheeks.

A tint that'd go away as he refocused on Tourmaline. "I'm more into the tangible research of general technology, specially related to anything mechanic, and how we can evolve our current instruments into more intrinsic and benefitial tools. This being one of my inventions!" He said, flashing his firearm, before stepping in to return the handshake gesture. Always a pleasure to meet someone smart.

"You actually caught us at a very interesting time. This training area was made by myself to train my marksmanship, and then it escalated into a general training! But I'm not complaining, there are plenty of rocks around to utilize for our learning ends.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 am