Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Innkeepers have the Room...

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Innkeepers have the Room... - Page 2 Empty Re: Innkeepers have the Room...

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:32 am

"Maybe you're right." Maia replied. She didn't say much after Liseran's rant. She honestly didn't care, she was raised by a village who hated her. At least she had friends at her old academy. They didn't care she was a Walpurgis, if only everyone was like that. The girl introduced herself as Liseran Dormirse. The petite girl sighed and turned her head over to the taller girl.

"Maia. My name is Maia."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:32 am

Liseran nodded.

"It's a pleasure to meet you again, Miss Ma--"

"Hey, you two were talking Cantus talk just now..." a voice slurred from behind them.

If Maia turned to look, a man was there, just barely standing. His legs wobbled and his broad shoulders were hunched over. He looked like he had had too much to drink. Liseran's nose wrinkled.

"And if we were?" she said curtly. "There's no law forbidding talk of Canti, is there?"

The man snarled. His blonde hair clumped from the sweat on his scalp and fell over his watery brown eyes.

"You two be witches, then," he said. "I bet you're tryin' to persuade that other witch to have herself unsealed! Eh? I bet you're not sealed at all, either!"

Liseran looked at the man blankly. She then lifted a hand as she cast out a Cartic glyph under him. The glyph glowed brightly before she waved her hand left, forcing the man in the same direction and to fall.

"Does an unsealed witch know how to use Cartic spells?" she said coldly. "I doubt it."

The people around had gasped at the sudden spell. The man growled.

"Glamours!" he groaned.

"What's goin' on here?" Deidre said coming back from one room.

Liseran took Maia's wrist.

"Let's head upstairs now, shall we? No doubt your room is the one next to mine."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:33 am

"Oh great. A drunkard." Maia sighed. She didn't want to deal with a drunk person. They often spoke gibberish and smelt disgusting. Just annoying. Then Liseran casted a spell at him.

What?

WHAT?!

Maia was freaking out now. "Why did you do that?!" She whined. Maia didn't want to be kicked out of the inn. Sleeping outside was not an option. "I don't have a choice, do I?" She asked Liseran. It wasn't everyday she went to someone's room after just meeting them.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"He was getting on my nerves," Liseran said plainly.

She swiftly showed Maia up there stairs before Deidre could even get a glance at them.

"Th-that witch cast a spell on me!" she heard the drunk man yell as he was down.

"Well, you looked like you had it coming t you, didn't you?" Deidre said. "Don't you know an Expiate child when you see one?"

"Wait. She was what now!?"

Liseran brought Maia to the end of the staircase and tossed her ponytail backwards. It ruffled.

"Well, at least the innkeeper isn't mad at us," she said looking down. "On the other hand, they've found out who I am. But that doesn't matter right now. I may or may not need your help with something. Walpurgis to a Walpurgis."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Wait, you have a parent with the Expiate? And you're a Walpurgis? Wow, that's ironic." Maia said with a raised eyebrow. She didn't want the girl to know she thought it was slightly hilarious. "Well, they could have found out that I am a Tommelise. Apparently my family has done some terrible things in the past."

"If it's about making a contract with an Incantus, then count me out. Other than that, I'm all ears."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:34 am

Lisrean laughed bitterly.

"Yes, it is rather ironic," she muttered as she glanced to the side. "I suppose it has its advantages, but it's otherwise a pain."

When Maia assumed she was asking about a contract, Liseran's eyes widened and she shook her head furiously.

"Oh, goodness, no, I could never ask you something so cruel," she said. "I merely wanted to ask if, as a courier, you'd be willing to send a message for me? I can't do it with the post offices since it's a little...Walpurgis-exclusive. You're headed to Isole anyways, am I correct? Trust me, I can more than pay you."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"I can do that. But, just a question." Maia said. "What would someone like you want with Isolé? It's small, and I'm the only Walpurgis who lives there. And they aren't fans of us there either."

She took off her bag and placed it on the ground. She then crossed her arms and nodded at Liseran. "Just need to know the recipient."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Liseran pulled out an envelope from her pocket and slipped it into Maia's hands. She then lifted up her hand and pricked it with a needle in the other. As it fell onto the envelope, she cast a bright red glyph on it before the blood burned and vanished.

"Don't worry, he'll find you," she said. "Don't be startled by him. He means no real harm. He said he'd be in Isole so he'll be able to track you down with that letter in your hands. Um, here...is this enough?"

She lifted a small pouch heavy with gold coins and placed it on Maia's hand as well.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:35 am

"Hm. Heavy pouch." Maia noted as she was handed the coins. This was probably more than she got payed in a week. She held it in her hands though, and didn't put it in her pocket. Instead she raised an eyebrow again.

"Need a name, or I won't do it. Need to make sure I'm not assisting in any illegal activities, and how to assisting void getting caught."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:35 am

Liseran bit her lip. She expected the courier would ask for a name, but she had still had the tiniest hope she wouldn't. She sighed and glanced to the left.

"That's a little complicated," she said. "If I gave a name, it would blow our cover. I suppose the best name I could give you is Midna. She's a girl on Isole who works at the clockmaker's. Has lovely green hair and wears flowers in it. She won't be hard to miss. Don't worry, you can do it without hiding it or anything. You won't get into trouble. I'd just like to keep the message off the record. Will you do it?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am