Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

4 posters

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first]

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first] - Page 5 Empty Re: Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first]

Post by Grimoire Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:10 am

Jinn stopped when he noticed something amiss with Kiara. He was leaning down to investigate further when Claes called his attention.

"... Ah, right. I forgot you were trained in healing," Jinn  stated, tipped his hat. "I'll let you to it then."

Jinn stepped back and allowed Claes to do her work. He crossed his arms behind his back and watched quietly.

As this went on, Qirin was watching while stroking the length of hair on the chin of his mask before turning to Tuirbe.

"It must be nice having such close comradery," Qirin stated pleasantly. "It's good to know Our first visitors in many generations are such caring souls."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first] - Page 5 Empty Re: Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first]

Post by KitKet Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:11 am

Kaira's eyes shut tight in embarrassment as Claes and Goibniu were suddenly doting on her. Honestly she could deal with it on her own. There was no need for this. At first, she turned her head away from Claes, shaking it violently as small speck of blood flew from her lips.

Still, they were crowding around her at this point. She had no escape and people were watching. It was all really annoying and frustrating. Her cheeks puffed out for a moment before she finally relented. Her mouth opened and yet another cascade of blood poured out onto Goibniu's hand. Both him and Claes would see that the girl's tongue had been bitten into by her own teeth. It had almost been severed completely, hanging off slightly as Kiara tried to keep steady.

She just wanted this to be over with...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:00 am

Claes was accustomed to injuries happening. It was a must in the Expiate that you didn't get queasy at the sight of blood. Still, the waterfall of red that came out of Kiara's mouth made her flinch.

...how in Ma...???

She shook her head and focused. Quickly casting several Cartic marks on Kiara's tongue. Kiara would feel a cool, soothing sensation cover her mouth as the pain began to subside before vanishing completely. There was still the blood of course, but Claes reached for the canister she kept at her side and handed it to her.

"Here, use this to gargle and spit the rest of the blood out," she said plainly. "How's your mouth feeling?"

She then looked at Goibniu who, well, now had one bloodied hand and sleeve. She frowned apologetically.

"Ah, sorry about that, McCrae," she said. "Maybe we should go to our quarters so you can get changed. And so you can rest from that fall."

The last sentence was pointed towards Kiara, with Claes crossing her arms and pouting. She quickly shifted moods, though. Her eyes averted and she was rubbing the back of her head anxiously.

"I'm...s-sorry about how weird I was acting up there, by the way," she told the both of them. "I...I don't know what came over me."

The slightest pink tinge rose to her cheeks and she was suddenly fidgeting in place.

"I, um,...I have no excuse for acting the way I did."

Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:55 am

With the hanky ready and his hand positioned, Goibniu was ready for any kind of substance to leave Kiara's mouth, which happened to be quite a bit of blood. He managed to get the bulk of it with the handkerchief, the amount of blood coughed was enough for it to pass through and even dirty his hand and part of his sleeve. Even if it was for a fellow Expiate member, he definitely didn't enjoy the situation. Worst still, this allowed him to catch a glimpse of Kiara's mouth, and was horrified to see her tongue was very battered by bites. What was she even doing with it? He knew of 'biting one's tongue', but did she think it was literal?

"Blazes, what happened to your mouth, Officer Ferro?" He asked, before Claes could utilize her magic to heal her. It was quite a relief, as he wasn't sure how long Kiara could have remained in a position before passing out, eating would have already been an impossible task after all. Claes offered an apology for the state of his clothes, and he merely handwaved it with his other hand. "Ah, there's nothing to worry about, Officer Alfson. As long as it helped you and Officer Ferro, I don't mind getting my hands dirty." He said, smiling at her as he offered further apologies for her actions earlier. "Water under the bridge! What matters is that we are still in one piece, and our mishap didn't compromise our joint effort between us and the people of Sakigake. At least, not enough to call it off completely. A quick change of clothing and something to eat would do me quite well, though."

Meanwhile, Qirin remarked positively on the attitude of the officers, something which Tuirbe nodded at in agreement. "They have to be, considering the kind of threats they have to confront back in our homeland, as well as the... less than stellar reputation their organization tends to have." Even if he wasn't formerly a member, he did agree with the Expiate's objectives to an almost... militaristic degree, the same kind that has given the group a bad reputation. "A lot of people tend to forgive criminals very easily, I feel. They get a very skewed perspective."

Last edited by Silverion on Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:27 pm

"It's fine officer Claes. If anything it's admirable that you would throw yourself headfirst to help your juniors," Jinn stated. He tipped his hat and sighed. Once Kiara was confirmed to be well and fine, he knelt down to make himself eye-level with the cadet.

"Hey, sorry for being so stern with ya," he said with a tired face. "But I couldn't overlook what you went and did there."

His expression turned serious and he looked at Kiara squarely.

"You threw yourself in the way to soften the crash for Claes, didn't you?" he asked her seriously. "It's noble that you want to protect your fellow officers, but putting yourself in danger like that to do so is just foolish."

Jinn looked down with a sadden looked before looking back up at Kiara.

"I've met and worked with many officers like that and I just can't stand that," Jinn stated. "No one did anybody any good by dying. That self-sacrificing attitude got a lot of good men and women hurt and I will not condone it. Got it? There's nothing more important to me than the well-being of my officers."

Jinn tipped his hat and sighed, pushing himself back to standing position. He turned on his heel and huffed.

"Sorry. I ended up nagging you again," Jinn laughed awkwardly. "I've got to talk to the captain and make sure he's no longer angry. Officer Claes, I leave the cadet to you."

With that, Jinn walked off. Sometime during his lecture, Monk Qirin had also stepped away. He was still within line of sight, simply walking in the opposite direction.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:12 am

Kiara couldn't help but make a face as she up and stained Goibniu's uniform. Despite everything, she shouldn't mess up OTHER people's  uniforms! They were a symbol of the Expiate after all! She looked apologetically at him as her tongue reformed. "HUH!" She chirped, opening up her mouth and poking gently at her tongue. "I always thought it was SUPPOSED to hurt."

A cold realization hit her.

She had to redo the fucking healing tattoo didn't she?

Before she could spiral down that though process, Goibniu asked about her mouth. She wasn't sure in what context he meant, but she would happily respond. "Ah, the teeth? Research into Enkidu physiology. Kinda...made me this way." She gestured to her teeth as well as her rather poofy hair. She paused a moment before suddenly feeling the need to add, "It was all above board. Perfectly legal stuff."

Oh and Claes asked her a question to!

"Yeah its great! I feel great! I think my tongue works better than before. It's like more..." She raised her fingers, wagging them at Claes. "Wiggly." In response to Claes sudden apology, Kiara could only laugh. ""Fear of heights is a perfectly natural thing Claes! People die a bunch from it all the time!" She leaned forward slightly, grinning wide. "I can teach you a flight spell or uh...maybe a feather fall spell or something might work better? That way you won't really have to worry about it anymore!"

WHY DIDN'T SHE CAST THE FEATHER FALL SPELL!?!?!?!?

For the second time, her thought process was interrupted. The order giving man had appeared! He was a higher rank than her, but his attitude left much to be desired. Kiara's eyes seemed to narrow as he spoke, her usual grin pulling into a straight line. He went on for a short while, then suddenly excused himself.

"HOLD IT!" She would bark, hopping to her feet and placing her hands on her hips. While she would make no attempt to stop Jinn, she would keep talking, her voice rising louder and louder the farther he got.

"I was well aware I would not die! Assessment of danger is part of being an officer. I was completely in control! Every aspect asidefromthemastfalling had already been planned out. Better me get injured than someone with heavy training in healing magic." She stated like she hadn't just found that out a few seconds ago. "Oi and why am I getting lectured when Claes pretty much did the same!? You praised her! I should be getting praised too!" She crossed her arms, rocking on her heels and leaning forward. "Annnnd besides! Claes is way too important to die. She's a higher rank, and all around good person and a pretty badass officer. Goibniu is also cool himself and fairly competent..." She suddenly turned on her heel, staring at Goibniu. "Also the phrase goes, 'it's water under the bridge', think about how bad it would be if there was a flood." That had been bothering her.

"Anyways, if you look at this from an objective viewpoint." She would begin, closing her eyes and crossing her arms. "Without knowing how much potential I may have, and all the great things I'm probably going to do, the math is pretty simple. You save the officers who are in turn better equipped to save others. If SOMEONE has to get hurt, better it be someone who can't contribute as well. That person happens to be me fromanobjectivestance."

"Wait shit no that's wrong. That's like saying trainees are bullet sponges. Yeah definitely not." She laughed, distinctly remembering the part on her parent's list reminding her about judging people.

"Can I have a couple minutes to rework this? I'm pretty sure I can give a convincing argument on why it makes sense for me to die in situations like these." At this point, she wasn't even talking to Jinn anymore. This was an interesting new problem and she was overjoyed to start working on it.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:13 am

Claes' face reddened at Kiara's description of how functional her tongue was. Yeah, she did not need that picture in her head. Kiara tried to reassure her about Claes' fear of heights as well, but it was still something that unsettled the officer. She didn't like the fact that had been displayed out in the open, let alone to two officers her junior.

Luckily, Kiara's rant shifted Claes' mood from mortified to worried. She knew Kiara wasn't the most...quiet individual and that she was pretty open about her thoughts, but Claes still had to cover her face as Kiara went on a spiel.

"Cadet..." she said quietly.

As Kiara focused on "reworking" her thing, Claes placed a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"I'm sure Officer Jinn didn't mean things that way," she said. "He's just looking out for us. Don't worry about it. McCrae's right. What's important is that we didn't end up doing something irreparable. Maybe we should just focus on relaxing for awhile, hm? What do you two want to do now exactly?"
    Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:41 am

"Research?" Goibniu let out in a rather flabbergasted way. "What kind of research would lead you to have such a battered mouth like that?" He didn't miss a single beat to ask that question, even if she did showcase her teeth and her wild hair. She did still reassure him that it was made legally, although that only made him more curious about what might have happened that lead to her mouth look like it was full of nasty blisters. Did she try to grow more teeth?

Nevertheless, that wasn't something he could inquire about at the moment, as Officer Jinn began talking to Kiara about what happened earlier, pretty much warning her to not be so reckless in throwing her life away, and Kiara stating that she was in perfect control of the situation... even if then later said that her sacrifice would have been worth it if she were to save someone more valuable in the process? Which lead her to throw adulations at Claes, which seemed to have made the officer blush. Then again, Kiara was pretty right, Officer Alfson was very neat.

Oh, and she even gave him a complement. Neat!

"... Err, Officer?" But eventually there came a moment where Jinn was pretty much gone, yet Kiara rambled on to no one in particular. Claes tried to catch her attention by grasping her shoulder and speaking up, and Goibniu joined on the attempt. "Indeed! And besides, remember that self preservation is also rather important! Keeping capable officers alive is one thing, but even their talents won't be fully utilized if they are alone on the battlefields. We Officers must look out for all of our backs." He added, trying to tackle her more reckless words.

And now that the danger passed, Claes asked them if they wanted to do something now to move on, something which made Goibniu think. "Well... this endeavor has awakened my appetite. Is there any way we can try out the local cuisine here?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:33 pm

Some time passed without much else happening. Just as the sun was starting to set in the horizon, a crewman would come by and inform them dinner was ready. The mess hall was two layers below the deck. There were three long tables stretching long enough for thirty men to sit on each side. The captain sat on his own table in a big chair overlooking all the others. At his side were some others, including Jinn and the ambassadors. As the other Esterelf visitors came into the hall, they'd see Qirin, the tallest one in the whole room, waving towards them.

He was sitting at the corner of one of the long table. Many spots were open around him. Notably, there were no chairs. Everyone sat either cross-legged or on their knees on cushions. Not a single one looked uncomfortable. In contrast, every crewhand seemed boisterous and energetic as they ate and chattered. Each seat had a cup-sized wooden bowl of white grains and a pair of sticks. The food appeared to be laid out across the tables and everyone was using their sticks to pick up pieces and eating while sharing with each other.

And the food itself was..... exotic.

There were platters of golden brown things that men were crunching on happily. It looked simple enough until one would look closer and realized the plates were piled high with cricket, seemingly fried in an oil.

There were other plates filled with some sort of fork-shaped meat covered in a red glistening sauce. The crewmans sucked on these and spat out tiny little bones. The objects resembled some sort of bird's foot....

And most foreign were the long platter laden with what looked like translucent white and pink raw flesh. But most shocking was the fish head still attached to the naked spine and bones sitting decoratively in the middle of the platter, the mouth still gaping and closing signalling that it was still somehow alive and everyone was treating this like normal.

Master Qirin's bowl was notably untouched. His mask was still firmly fixed on his face. He greeted the visitors and waved everyone to sit by him.

"The ship's cook went all out when he heard foreigners were with us tonight," Qirin stated as everyone approached. "Everyone is in good spirits. Please, try some sashimi."

Qirin was gesturing towards the platter of raw fish.

"It takes great skill to prepare it. The gaping head is a sign of how fresh and skilled it was cut."

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:05 am

Kiara was doing her best not to make a face as she was more or less placed at the table. Claes and Goibniu had distracted her well enough from her rework, and given that Jinn seemed to care little for her explanation. She decided to drop it for now. Though the man would have to expect a small stack of papers on his desk about a month from now. Kiara wasn't one to just give up on a thought permanently.

For now, though, she was trying not to physically feel her stomach turning at the food placed before her.

This HAD to be an enkidu thing.

Idly she glanced over to Goibniu, then Claes to see if either of them looked apprehensive.

When her eyes landed on the sashimi, she seemed to perk up a bit. "Oooh, wait, how did he do that?" She pointed at the head. It seemed to still be moving! It was both awesome and horrifying at the same time. Also, she was DEFINITELY not stalling, hoping someone else would show her just how the hell she was supposed to eat RAW FISH or CRICKETS.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:22 am