Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

3 posters

A Curious Case

Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

A Curious Case - Page 2 Empty Re: A Curious Case

Post by Sunnivale Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:10 pm

"Oh." Looks like Cassima was wrong into thinking that a wolf could of done this to someone, however it looks like the plans to begin investigating had begun as Slias pointed out a lot of inconsistency with this case and one of the things that they needed to do was to interview a guard, which Cassima got excited about.

"Oh, oh, I would like to go see this guard and interrogate him of the events of the attack." She then turned to Saki. "Seeing as how we might have an unknown monster on the loose in this town. I suggest that you come with me Saki since he wants us to split up." She then turned towards Slias.

"And you look like you can defend yourself if you were alone." She looked at Slias appearance.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:22 pm

"I'm alright with splitting up!" Saki said with determination. "Just tell us where we have to go and what we have to look for in particular."

Saki had pressed her clenched fist against the palm of her other hand in excitement. She was fine with working with Cassima, too. She seemed friendly enough. Not exactly looking too much of a fighter, but she supposed she was a mage. Mages were handing as people to cover her from behind when she got up and personal during combat.

"Anything else you want us to know before we head out?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:23 am

Silas crossed his arms and sat back as the two spoke amongst themselves, simply nodding along as their gaze would shift to him. At the very least, these two were interested. That's all he could hope for really. "If you two feel confident in your skills, splitting up is fine, otherwise I'd suggest staying together."

Silas' lips pulled into a small smirk at Cassima's guess. "That's an accurate assessment, yeah."

"If you're interviewing the guard, I'll look at the site of the attacks. If you're splitting up, then one of you could look at the bodies and we'll meet back here a few hours after midnight. If not, we could all meet to investigate the bodies" He sighed. "The more time passes though, the colder this trail will get. We need to be quick."

At Saki's last question, Silas thought for a moment. "I'm hoping it's a coincidence, but you must've noticed the large tents being set up outside of town? There's a traveling circus that's made its way here apparently. They boast of taming exotic beasts...It might be worth looking into, but I'd focus on our main objectives first." He nodded and began to get up. "That's all I have for you. Do you want to meet back here or where the bodies are held?"
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:46 pm

Cassima listened to Silas as he told Cassima the objective of interviewing the guard, along with the mention of a travelling circus being in town. Cassima always wanted to go to one, but the circus may have something to do with the attack, after all, it boasted about taming exotic animals.

"Hmm, intriguing." Unfortunately Cassima had to focus on interviewing the guard first as she stood up. "I say seeing as how we will eventually go to where the bodies are kept. We shall meet back there when we are done with our objectives." As Cassima was about to leave she realised that she forgot one more important question that she had to ask Silas.

"Oh yeah, where is this guard again?" She turned back to Silas and Saki and wondered.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:50 am

"Maybe Cassima and I should stick together first," Saki offered. "Just so we can gauge how dangerous things are. Also so we can get to know each other a little better."

Saying the later part, Saki gave Cassima a little friendly wink. Cassima also inquired as to where they could find the guard in question. To this, Saki approved and added, "If there's a name we can go by that would help too. Guards do take shifts after all."

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:16 pm

"Understood. I'll meet you two there then." As Silas spoke, he gathered his belongings and tossed a few coins onto the table, pausing only when he was asked the name of the guard himself. "His name is Varric Graeves. You'll find him here." He pointed to the map one last time before rolling it up. "Like I said, he's afraid. Take precautions...and good luck."

Silas gave one final nod and began to leave, pausing only when he noticed that one of the patrons had left while they were speaking. The woman in the corner was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he was being paranoid, maybe not. He didn't voice his concerns to the others though, better to let them focus on their jobs.

He sighed once more, turned and walked out.
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:46 pm

Cassima listened in silence as Silas explained more about Varric the guard. "I see." Cassima agreed vaguely as she watched Silas leave the bar. Although not before he noticed that the woman in the corner has vanished. As soon as Silas left, Cassima turned towards Saki.

"So, are you ready to go confront the guard, as I already have an idea on how we should handle the situation." Cassima sounded sinister, but then began to look serious as she looked at the spot that the mysterious woman was at earlier.

"Also, did you notice that the woman from that corner has just upped and vanished? Do you think. She could be related to the attacks?" Cassima quizzed Saki as she looked back at the spot where the woman was.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:03 am

Saki made a mental note about the guard including his name, and nodded as Silas started heading out. Cassima mentioned having a plan in mind and also pointed out about a woman who had been quick to disappear.

Saki pressed her knuckles against her chin thoughtfully.

"Hmm, it's not entirely impossible," she said. "She could have also been eavesdropping about the plan to investigate. I suppose we should keep an eye out for her while we go to the guard and look around the city. By the way, what was your strategy again? Run me over it as we head to the guard."

Saki would ask as she followed Silas heading out, hoping she and Cassima could get around to the guard before it got too late.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Time Skip!

The two walked the streets for nearly thirty minutes before they reached the residence of Varric Graeves, giving the two plenty of time to talk. In that time though, the fog throughout the city grew thicker and thicker. Every now and then, perhaps one would see something on the edge of their vision, only to disappear as they looked. Oddly enough, the city itself was dead quiet. No sounds of wild animals or people. There was not another soul in sight. Perhaps it was due to them being near the outskirts, but it was unsettling nonetheless.

When they finally reached the building, most of their surroundings were obscured by the gray fog. The building itself was modest. Built sturdy and large enough for a family. The house itself was silent and dark, though, the glow of a flickering candle could be made out from one of the windows.
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:49 pm

After leaving Silas, Cassima began to walk with Saki towards the location where the two girls were going to meet Varric. As they did, Cassima stopped briefly when she noticed the fog. "Strange, the fog feels more thicker then before. Not helped by the fact that were basically looking for a monster." Cassima spoke about the creepiness as she continued to follow Saki.

She soon arrived at the house where Varric presumably lives, and the low light candle by one of the windows, which Cassima pointed at. "That candle, that might be Varric." She turned to Saki.

"How should we handle this? Should we burst in and interrogate him or simply knock and introduce ourselves like posh upper class people?" Cassima decided to let Saki have the first choice in this questioning that they were about to give to Varric.

But she was going to make the second choice when it comes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:01 pm