Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

The Best Kind of Fight [open]

KitKet
    KitKet

The Best Kind of Fight [open] Empty The Best Kind of Fight [open]

Post by KitKet Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:30 am

Ren had played a lot of establishments in her time and, if she was being honest, this was one of the better ones. At least, that was her opinion right up until her face hit sand.

She groaned, spitting out a good mouthful of sand as she looked up into a small crowd of people, apparently drawn by either her previous music, OR the massive brawl currently taking place in the establishment behind her.

It was definitely her playing.

Still, they were all looking at her with barely contained smiles. If she was prone to such an emotion, she could very well say she was a little embarrassed. Luckily she had nerves of steel and she could quickly sway public opinion. She got up, sighed, dusted herself off, and, was about to show some of her famed wit, when a chair flew straight out of the window behind her, smashing right into her and slamming her into the ground. She let out a howl of pain, but quickly pushed herself up, throwing one of the broken legs of the chair back in.

"Who the fuck throws a chair!? This isn't some backwater town in Aldmerrow! Alright you barn-bred imbeciles, Ima beat the hell out of the lot of ya!" With a huff, she began to move forward, clearly intending to go through the window rather than using the door only a few feet to the left.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

The Best Kind of Fight [open] Empty Re: The Best Kind of Fight [open]

Post by Grimoire Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:31 am

Before the young girl could advance, she'd feel something hook over her shoulder and hold her in place. Looking to her right, she'd find it was some sort of metal cane with a red stone embedded on the ornamental head.

"Now now, let's not be rash."

She'd hear a melodious but masculine voice speak behind her as the cane lifted up and pulled back. The owner of the cane was tall man with silver hair. He had an angular jaw and a noble face, his windswept hair brushing over his clear blue eyes. However, the rest of him was sorely mismatched. He wore britches clearly made out of a burlap sack and a ragged sleeveless tunic whose original color will remain a mystery to the world. On top of this, he was walking barefoot. The metallic walking cane he held looked just as contrasting. Aside from the ornate handle, the rest of it was twisted and crooked. It looked like something a smithy would throw away in a trash pile to be picked up by a begger... Oh yeah, this man definitely a begger.

"A young lady shouldn't be so quick to get angry now," the random dirty man stated. He raised a hand and pinched what could be assumed was an invisible top hat and tipped it curtly. "Besides, you seem like a tough one. I'm sure you're not hurt at all."

It sounded like a ridiculous assessment after witnessing a person being bludgeoned with an airborne chair, but if Ren looked at herself, she'll find she really doesn't feel injured at all.

"Now how exactly did all of this happen?" he asked, waving a flimsy hand at the general discord occurring inside the bar.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:07 am

Ren arched an eyebrow when she felt a cane hook around her shoulder. She looked back idly, her eyes sweeping across the older man currently speaking to her. She forgot her anger in favor of pure amusement at this new scenario.

"Sorry, yeah, getting hit with chairs is just a pet peeve of mine ya know?" She huffed and shook her head in mock shame. Who the hell WOULDN'T get mad after taking a chair to the back of the head!? Still, when Ren checked herself over, she saw that the man's assessment was correct after all. Not a single injury or ache on her.

She tilted her head, on the verge of asking a question before she suddenly let out a laugh and nodded her head. "I am very tough, it's good of you to notice!" She leaned back against the window frame, idly glancing back to make sure nothing else was going to fly out at her.

Satisfied, she turned back to the man and shrugged. "How does anything happen, really? I can assure you that absolutely none of this was MY fault." It was definitely her fault. "I'm just an innocent performer, really."
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:35 am

"Ah, a performer?" the man commented. "How quaint. But, it doesn't solve our problem here. The owner of this tavern was nice to me, so I'd like to settle this quick."

The man scratched his chin thoughtfully.

"Very well then."

He his hands up and looped them together in front of his lips.

"OIII! IT'S THE SCARAB GUARDS!"

That suddenly got everyone in the immediate area's attention. In seconds, the group of wild brawlers were crawling over each other to rush out the door and leave. The homeless man nudged the end of his cane against the bard to push her aways from the wave of stampeding men. By the time they clear out, all that was left was some tipped over furniture and one extremely unconscious guy.

"Well, that settled it," the man stated, making a motion like he was a straightening a tie that clearly wasn't there on his bare chest. Satisfied with himself, he walked in with a tap of his cane with every step he took.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:07 am

"I'd prefer the term 'charming' instead. Basically the same thing, a little less condescending." Honestly, older people were the absolute worst. No respect for the arts or artists!

She was a bit disappointed that he wanted to end it so quickly. There wasn't an interesting story here yet! Well unless this guy was going to single handedly take out all of these gu-

Or he could just say the Scarab guards were coming. She let out a disappointed sigh, not even taking offense to the small, albeit unnecessary push she received from his cane. She idly watched the cowardly men sprint by, a deep frown on her face as they dispersed. There was a small begging in her mind to simply reach her foot out and cause a collision, but there was a high chance one of these large bastards would land on her foot and flat out break it.

So no funny stories either.

God damn this hobo.

"So you the altruistic type or do you just hate barfights?" Not having anything better to do, she slipped behind the man subtly putting him between her and the barkeep.

The barkeep herself was a woman in her mid forties who made the mistake of letting Ren out of her sight for more than a few minutes. The poor woman had seen a lot of stress in her life it seems, as her hair had already gone completely gray. It had been barely a minute and she was already setting up some of the knocked over furniture. Having heard the two come in rather than see them, She had yet to recognize either of them. "I'll be with you in just a moment. As you can see we had a bit of a kerfuffle in here." Her voice had the barest hint of annoyance towards the end of the sentence, but it was clear this happened enough that she just wasn't surprised anymore.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:11 pm

"Ah hahaha, I'm just a stranger passing by," he stated with a mild laugh. He took a seat at the bar and helped himself to a half-finished drink left behind by whoever was here earlier. He didn't pay the owner no mind despite saying they had met.

"You said you were performing, yes? Might not be the best atmosphere but I do enjoy a nice sonnet," the man stated. "I like to take one thing from any town I visit. Being able to recount a nice performance will do."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:29 am

"Awfully meddling for a stranger." Ren muttered after him, still trying to stay in the man's shadow. At the very least they seemed to be on the same page regarding one thing. Free drinks. By the time he turned around Ren had finished off two mugs and was reaching for a third. Much of the time, performing earned her free lodging and food. At this rate she'd just settle for a few drinks before she was inevitably thrown out. "Tis hardly a place for a sonnet. A rowdy jig or erotic dance would serve such places better." She grinned widely before taking a large drink out of yet another mug.

Suddenly, there was a loud cracking noise as a wet rag snapped across the back of Ren's head. Alcohol spewed from her lips as she grip her head and cried out. Behind her was the owner, who, in mere moments had spotted and approached Ren.

"I certainly hope your here to apologize." The woman practically rumbled behind her, towel in hand. From the look in her eye, this conversation had happened more than once. Ren quickly backpedaled, practically tripping over herself and moving towards the stranger. Maybe he'd meddle in her favor this time? "Of course! I always do don't I? Even when it's not my fault like today!" She plastered on the most innocent smile she could before gesturing to the stranger. "To make it up to you, I've brought back a super old, close friend of yours! You can thank him for breaking up the bar fight."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:36 am