Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Day 01: Fighter's Guild Tournament Finals

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 01: Fighter's Guild Tournament Finals  Empty Day 01: Fighter's Guild Tournament Finals

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:36 am

The crowd was excited as the last stretch of the competition was closing in. The three contestants were asked to come out into the area, now miraculously reconstructed and smoothed out, as if they just had a pile a smoothed out cubes of stone just lying around. The sun was high overhead, indicating it was close to high noon. There was some wind in the air. The crowd seems to have gotten just a little larger for this last part of the event.

Dr. Marshalls paced around the edge of the arena, looking up at every face in the crowd with a smile. He lifted an arm and gave a wave to everyone like a pro showman.

The Good Doctor:

He stopped and stood in front of the two girls, one eye closed and his hands in his pockets.

"I wonder what that man has planned, hm?" Marshalls started talking. "All three of us here, maybe a three way fight? Well, he's more unpredictable than that. Maybe he'll drop a monster on the stage and have us kill and cook it. That sounds like something he'd think up."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 01: Fighter's Guild Tournament Finals  Empty Re: Day 01: Fighter's Guild Tournament Finals

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:36 am

"You ready, kiddo?" Leo asked.

Saki was getting ready to get in the ring, stretching her arms, prepping her gauntlets, and kicking at her metal-clad boots. She she rocked back and forth on her toes and heels, she let out a sigh.

"As ready as I'll ever be," she said, her tone serious.

Leo was just resting on a nearby bench and fiddling around with a thin metal whistle. Noting how pensive Saki looked, he let out a good-natured chuckle.

"Come on, kid, you wanted this," he said. "I'm sure you'll knock everyone out of the park. Well ring in this case."

Saki turned around and merely gave him half a frown.

Saki:

"I guess," she said. She turned around to face him, her long strands of brown hair almost flying as she did. "Promise to treat me if I win?"

"Wouldn't have it any other way," he said.

As the contestants were called up, Saki would entire the arena, and waited to see what would happen.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 01: Fighter's Guild Tournament Finals  Empty Re: Day 01: Fighter's Guild Tournament Finals

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:37 am

"I can only hope so," Gwyn said, arms crossed. She hadn't any pre-game discussions, just a few words with someone in the dark before showing back up for the final match, her weapon tightly gripped in her hand as she looked the other two over. "If it comes down to slaying and cooking monsters, I'm unbeatable!" she added, beaming proudly. Heck, that's how she survived all this time! Though a brawl with those two seemed interesting... Sure, Marshalls claimed his days of soldiering were behind him (despite his young age and the fact he joined a fighting tournament), but he had to have had a trick or two up his sleeves, and Saki... Well, she had stormed off last time, but Gwyn felt she could still reach out to the girl, if not verbally, than through combat!

"Either way, I wish you two the best of luck... you'll need it!" There was no way she was going to lose, feeling this motivated!
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The young doctor gave the two a warm, bright smile and saluted them.

"I look forward to seeing your potential young ladies."

The crowd was cheering and rousing along as the final event seemed to draw closer. If any of the three contestants willed themselves to looked, they can spot some of the onlookers placing bets to a man in leather armor walking among them with a record book. The noon sun seemed to look down on everyone until the clouds seem to drift over it, shadowing the makeshift Colosseum.

Amidst all of the crowd, there seems to be a prominent sound that sticks out even amongst the massive mix of multiple voices and sounds.

[small]"*************!"[/small]

It was hard to make out but there was definitely a low sound that seemed to stick out from everything else.

[small]"*a****a*****a***!"[/small]

It seemed to get louder as the seconds ticked away, just barely becoming audible.

"*a*a*a****a*a**a*!"

It was definitely getting louder, becoming easier and easier to hear out of the crowd.

"Ha***a***a*H*a**a*!"

It only seemed to get louder and louder, booming and roaring until it alone complete drowned out the entire crowd.

[big]"HA HA HAHAHA HAA HA HA HA HAAAAA HAHA!!!"[/big]

Let in a loud crash, a blast of light erupted on the opposite side of the arena platform the three finalists stood on. The ambiance and explosiveness was like a lightning bolt strike the spot with all intent to destroy the ground. A cloud of dust billowed out where the blast was, dispersing gradually by the air alone. When the dust finally settled, what stood there was a towering figure radiating power and masculinity.

"ARE YOU READYYYY???" A booming voice of authority and might came from the powerful figure. "YOUR KING IS HEEEEREE!!"

The Giant:

The man stood a colossal ten feet high with bronze skin and silver hair. His rippling muscles looked powerful but tighten and compact, a build that radiated explosive power carried by agility and speed. His wild long hair flowed in the wind contrasting his solid stance. His eyes were bright with a fiery passion. His left eye was green as lush grass while his right eye glowed with a clear violet pentagram in place of an iris. His smile was wide, showing off rows of pearly white teeth. He wore an open vest and breeches that was a mix of leather and metal plates. Around his neck hung a pendant but instead of a precious stone he had a spearhead hanging over his chest which looked minuscule compared to his massive frame. It seemed like an insignificant trinket, but the message was clear. It was the motto of the Fighter's Guild. "I am the vanguard, the defender, the spearhead. I will pierce through the heavens themselves."

The man laughed out loud, his voice booming through the air, deafening everyone to everything else aside from his voice.

"I! AM! ZANGEN!" the man announced loudly, raising his around to the air, his fists clenched and pointed to the sky as if challenging the heavens above with no reserve. His voice carried weight and authority, his stance solid, and his passion ablaze in his eyes and smile. This man who gained the nickname The Giant was showing in every way how and why he was large and in charge. This was the famed founder and leader of the fighter's guild.

Then, he dropped his arms and looked at the three finalists standing twenty meters away from him. His chin was lowered, his smile thin and prideful. He was looking down at all three of them and it wasn't just because of his height.

"Forty-eight entered, only three remain," he stated. His eyes looked at each of them, studying them before he closed his eyes and breathed deep in.

He spread his arms wide in a boisterous gesture, his head cocked to the side as he grinned widely.

"To think that two girls would make it this far!" he announced loudly. "Amazing. That's amazing! I acknowledge your talent and determination! HA HAHA HA HA!"

Then he jabbed a finger, pointing at the young doctor, who has crossed his arms behind his head and stood leaning on his left leg nonchalantly.

"But even more is you," Zangen barked haughtily. "You entered last year just to annoy me and dropped out, but here you are now pushing to my finals, old man."

The young doctor dropped his arms and shoved his hands in his coat pockets. He looked at Zangen with only one eye opened. Zangen cracked his knuckles while chuckling, as if barely able to contain his want to punch the doctor in the face.

"Twenty years later and you're still messing with me, old man," Zangen stated with a smug smirk. "Did you dust off your walking shoes just to mess with me?"

"Am I not allowed to check up on an old student, brat?" the doctor asked back at the towering guildmaster who looked to be in his late thirties if not older. "Besides, I got to meet some interesting people."

Zangen crossed his arms and chuckled snidely at the doctor's remark. "You haven't changed at all. How do you stay so young lookin' anyway?"

"Well I am a doctor."

"That explains nothing!"

Marshalls cracked his neck left and right and started stretching, proceeding to only taunt the giant man barking at him.

"You've certainly gotten fair since your time under my wing," Marshalls stated. "So then, what is your dream right now, hm?"

At this, Zangen smirked. He spread his arms wide, bearing his chest open and raised his head high.

[big]"I! AM! GOING! TO! BE! KING!"[/big]

His voiced bellowed across the arena, ringing in the ears of all in the vicinity like the bells of a church tower.

"I am going to create a country free from war, famine, discrimination, and inequality," he announced loudly for all to hear and witness. "As long as you are willing to work, you will not starve. As long as you help others, others will help you. No strengths or talents will be wasted merely due to funds or station. If we all work together, we can create a country where everyone is happy! That is the dream that my guild- no! My friends and family all work towards!"

As if mimicking the giant man, Marshalls raised his head and laughed out loud.

"And where will you build your castle?" Marshalls asked loudly.

Zangen smirked and raised and arm high, pointing with a single finger upwards.

"I will build my castle.... IN THE SKY!"

Nothing in his tone hinted at a joke. Nothing in his posture was non-serious. Nothing in his words said that this is what might happen but is a statement of what will happen.

As if beating everyone else to it, Zangen laughed out loud before anyone could laugh at his statement.

"I know what you're thinking," the giant stated matter-of-factly. "That dream is impossible, right??"

He spread his arms wide and grinned widely with his head held high. It felt as if he was pulling everyone towards him, the look in his eyes filled with passion and resolution.

"[big]OF COURSE IT IS!![/big]" he shouted loudly, his voice pushing everyone back through its pressure alone. "[big]IT IS THE GREATEST STRENGTH OF A MAN TO AIM AND FULFILL THE IMPOSSIBLE!!!!![/big]"

Then in a grand show, he placed a hand on his hip and jabbed a thumb to point at himself.

"I! AM! ZANGEN!" he roared out loud. "AND! I! WILL! BE! KING! WHO THE HELL ELSE CAN I BE??"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

When the two opponents gave their best regards, Saki kept a straight face and merely nodded, her eyes lowered and her arms hanging laxly at her sides.

"Uh, yeah...same, guys."

As odd as she found the leader of the Guild, Saki was definitely not surprised. With Leo close friends with the Fighter's Guild, she had heard about the crazed man that called himself the head of the Fighter's Guild, and she admitted despite her current crummy disposition, it was getting her hyped.

She watched the exchange between Marshalls and the leader, and her hare ears pricked.

"Wait...How are you his mentor??" Saki said pointing from the doctor to the leader.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"... Eh? Is there something wro-" Before Gwyn could ask Saki about her issues, however, there seemed to be a growing problem. Or a going problem?

No, that was a coming problem. Coming right at them, in fact, as suddenly a rather large figure made his appearance, with all the showmanship of another world's pre-RAW era wrestlers. He acknowledged the two girls, something that, combined with the doctor's earlier words, made Gwyn flinch a bit, but she quickly recovered as he revealed the doctor was much older than they thought... Which, in hindsight, wasn't as big of a surprise as it should've been, considering all the various kinds of abilities she'd seen thus far. But it was, so she stared at the doctor with a dropped jaw, before staring back at the giant with the same dumbfounded look as he announced his dream.

"... T-That's... That's MY dream!" she spoke up, "Yes! YES! You're absolutely right! A man should strive for the grandest of dreams! But a man needs to have the power to make their dreams come true, or they're just a dreamer!" That long, lance-like sword was unfastened from her back as she brought it forward, excitement all over her face as she beamed brightly. Finally, someone who understood, he'd make a fine vassal!

"I'll test your mettle then, King of Fighters! If I win, though, I wish for you to take the knee; as is customary for conquered kings!" the short girl announced, her toned muscles visibly tensing up as she readied her blade. "Come! Let us see whose dream has the greatest strength!" She might just have to go all out on this one, but how could she do that without revealing her hand too soon...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Ah, I know, I know. That's a normal reaction, isn't it?" Marshalls sighed, scratching his cheek with a tired look on his face. "But he certainly didn't get that explosive personality from me. Even as my pupil, he never learned modesty."

The doctor was either dodging or was completely oblivious to the contrast between his supposed age and his appearance.

"Take a knee?" Zangen parroted the young girl warrior's statement. Then he grinned, scratching his cheek with an embarrassed look on his face. "Eh heh heh, hey now missy, aren't you a little young to go asking men to propose like that? Besides, I'm already married. I guess it's to be expected. I'm a man's man afterall!"

It seemed the guildmaster had the wrong idea about Gwyn's statement and misunderstood completely.

"Now then," he continued after straightening up, "For coming this far, I've acknowledged your strength. I extended this invitation to you once before teach, and I will do it again. This goes for you girls too. Join my guild and my flag. I need people with your conviction and power to build a country where everyone is happy!"

"I decline," Marshalls immediately stated the moment Zangen's sentence was punctuated.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Yeah, obviously he didn't, she thought to herself as the doctor responded to her.

She then heard Gwyn and Zangen talking--once again about kingdoms. Her ears twitched once more, and despite herself, she could feel her hands clutch up tightly inside her metal gauntlets. Upon the two arguing, all she could hear was meaningless cacophony: the same type she had heard so many years before. The type that didn't seem to end and where things would build themselves too high, stack up, and then crumble under its own weight.

When Zangen "invited" the three to join his "kingdom", Marshalls had declined. Saki's own eyes would look up, straight at Zangen, and her brownish eyes would turn a bright red.

"I also decline," she said firmly, but without stating her reasons.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:38 am

"... Ehhhh...?" Gwyn mutered, staring at the bizarre man as he took her words the wrong way, an eyebrow raising slightly. "... You're quite the bizarre one, huh..." she mused, blade still pointed at the man.

"Enough of this inane babbling, I've a dinner to win, if you don't mind! I don't intend to bend my knee for anything or anyone!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:38 am

The guildmaster's smile turned into a deep frown, his bright eyes suddenly half-lidded and dull. It was plainly a look of complete disappointment. This was the kind of person who's way too honest in his own expressions and gestures.

"Ah. I see. That's too bad..." Zangen muttered a bit too loudly. It was as if he was incapable of lowering the volume of his voice. "It's a shame. If I had people like the old man and you girls around, I can make a great country. Now then."

The giant man placed a hand on his hip and raised the other one towards the finalists, palm facing up as if holding a goblet of wine in offering.

"Finalists, I commend you for coming this far. Many warriors test their metal in my ring every year and standing above all of them show how strong you all are. Due to an unexpected draw from one of the preliminary rounds, we now have an odd number of contestants."

Zangen sighed, scratching the side of his head with the hand he was extending.

"Originally the next stage was gonna be a tag-team match," the Giant stated, "I was gonna launch you all into the sky and have you duke it out while plummeting to the ground."

If the contestants looks down at their feet, they'd notice a magic circle glow dimly.

"I guess I could just have you three skirmish, but that just wouldn't be entertaining," he continued with a disappointed look. "What's the point of falling to your death while fighting if you didn't also have to coordinate battle strategy with a partner you only just met?"

Zangen placed his hands on his hips and looked down at the ground, kicking the floor in a huff.

"I guess there's no other choice then."

The Giant raised a hand, his thumb pressed against his middle finger. He let out a loud snap that seemed to echo across the stage. The magic circle below the contestants' feet glowed brighter before dimming then disappearing altogether. It seemed the magic maintaining it was abruptly cut off.

"In honor of my teacher who's come back to pick on his star pupil-"

"Eh? Is Von here?" Doctor Marshalls exclaimed, looking around.

"His STAR pupil!!" Zangen repeated, much more loudly this time, "Your final challenge today is..."

In a big, brilliant show, Zangen jabbed a thumb against his broad, muscular chest, a bwild grin on his face. "ME!"

The crowd went into an uproar, standing up in their seats and cheering.

"The three of you work together and knock me down!" Zangen hollered. "Don't hold back. Come at me with killing blows!You don't even need to defeat me. Just knock me onto my back and you win! I wanna see you give everything you got!!"

"I'm dropping out," the doctor stated nonchalantly, crossing his arms behind his head and turning around.

"DON'T YOU DARE!!"

Zangen swiftly slammed his fist against the floor of the arena. Suddenly, beams of light bordered the stage. They snaked and surged like bolts of lightning reaching as high up into the sky as anybody can see.

The doctor, stopping just a foot away from the edge, was scratching his chin thoughtfully as he stared at the flickering bars of energy. He reached out with a hand and just as his fingertips touched the energy, a burst of energy was emitted. He calmly pulled his hand back and turned back towards Zangen with a bemused smirk.

"Do ya like it, old man?" Zangen asked dauntingly, raised up his arms in show. "I call it Cage. This impassible barrier will remain until I call it off or get knocked unconscious. Now it's time the student surpasses the master!"

"Dear dear, I got a troublesome pupil," The doctor mused as he walked back up to Gwyn and Saki. "I guess the three of us should start by explaining our abilities."

He talked to the girls without looking at Zangen who seemed to stand patiently on the other side of the arena, waiting for them to strike first.

"My gauntlets hold enchanted magic mediums," the doctor explained, pointing at the revolving cylinders on his weapons. "I can adapt to different strategies depending on what enchantment I decide to use. Also, I'm quite skilled at healing magic. Ah, don't bother asking me what that troublesome brat can do. "

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:55 pm