Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Night's Walk [Open]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Night's Walk [Open] - Page 2 Empty Re: Night's Walk [Open]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:22 am

Mirai smirked, impressed that Cassima wasn't just backing away from her offer this time or blatantly refusing it. Handing over the dagger to Cassima, Mirai stepped back once again, the moon's light reflecting on one side while the other almost looked completely immersed in shadow. Still, her green eyes shone.

"Well, first and foremost," she said. "While it's always good to have one main weapon, you have to make utilization of everything that's around you."

In a flash, Mirai's hand moved and Cassima would be surprised to see her dagger knocked out of her hand almost instantly. If she turned to Mirai, the girl in the odd outfit was now charging towards her with her parasol which slowly flattened into an almost blade-like appearance and was about to strike her.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Everything that's around me?" Cassima got confused by what Mirai said, that is until she managed to knock the dagger out of her hand and gasped.

Before she could scold Mirai for doing that, the girl charged towards her. Cassima panicked. Knowing Mirai will strike by the time she gets her new dagger back, Cassima had to find another item and fast.

She saw a stool that was beside her and she picked it up and threw it towards Mirai's parasol. Even then she would it will go through the parasol and Mirai will continue to charge forward.

But at this rate, anything will work.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Mirai's parasol was met with the chair, to which Mirai would respond by shifting her parasol to soften and whack the chair aside.

"Clever," the small girl said. "Rule number two, never remained unarmed too long."

As Cassima would reach for her dagger, Mirai would come at her again, this time aiming to hit Cassima from the surface.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:23 am

Cassima gulped, but she reached down for the dagger. Unfortunately while she did Mirai was going to charge after her again.

Cassima saw it and grabbed the dagger before swinging it around. Hoping that doing so will cause Mirai to back away. "Ahh, no, don't whack me with your silly umbrella, ahh!" Cassima swung the blade .
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

This time, Mirai couldn't help but chuckle. The dagger was fortunately able to hit the parasol away, but only because Mirai hadn't placed must firm grip to keep it steady.

"Don't worry, it's blunt right now," she said chuckling. "You should know though, a dagger isn't that good for blocking against a sword. I mean, it is technically possible with much skill and without much choice, but you had a good opportunity to throw it at it while I was opening. These are throwing daggers after all."

Mirai lowered her weapon and walked towards Cassima, one of her hands up as if to gesture she wasn't going to hurt her. She'd then ask Cassima to open her palm and show the dagger.

"A knife is great for survival," she said. "It's very versatile. When facing opponents without weapons or other knives it's good for close quarter combat. When you want to keep your distance and you have plenty, you can throw it. It won't tire you out like a mace, it won't take long to do like a bow. But wielding it properly is necessary. So that's one option. Another option is this."

Mirai would step back and tug on her parasol. With a small twist, the handle undid itself and as she pulled she'd be met with a long narrow sword, perhaps a rapier. It seemed to curve inward, though, unlike a rapier. It's metal was a bright white that reflected in the moonlight.

"A one-handed sword is great for when weapon combat is inevitable," she said. "Good for keeping your distance, good for dealing damage, and blocking, capable of using with a shield. Come, give it a try."

She'd toss the sword towards Mirai while Mirai held her parasol at its stump.

"You can attack with two hands if it feels too heavy," she said. "If you do, you will want to hold it like this. Your grip is about at a 45-degree angle and grasp it firmly with the pinky and the ring finger, and less firmly with the middle and index. Same goes for your second hand with your palm at the end of the hilt. There is a firm distance between them. You'll be able to get a pushing and pulling type of motion. Can you try it?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Cassima opened her eyes and saw that she had managed to whack Mirai's parasol away. "Beautiful." She spoke to herself, impressed with what she did. She gave the dagger back to Mirai when she walked towards her and wanted it back, which Cassima did. She listened to Mirai explain some things about the dagger, she then showed her the next weapon.

A rapier.

She took the sword off of Mirai and tried to do as she said and held it the way Mirai wanted her to hold it. Unfortunately she appeared to be having trouble doing so. She almost dropped the Rapier as a result.

She turned to Mirai.

"I made a mistake in regards to holding the rapier." Cassima looked embarrassed.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Mirai was observing Cassima as she held the sword. When Cassima apologized, Mirai shook her head.

"It's not a rapier, really," she said. "It's somewhat close to a saber, if I were to guess. Or at least, that was how I was taught to use it as. Here, like this."

Mirai's tone was quite different from the usually demanding and overbearing one she often had. Rather, she spoke quietly and focused. She moved towards Cassima's side and redirected the sword back in her hands. She'd also press down on Cassima's hands so that the sword rocked back and forth.

"You feel that?" she said. "That's how it should feel when you're gripping the sword. It moves in a smooth motion. And for your posture, you'll want to first stand like this."

Mirai would make a wide stance with her feet with her body slightly lowered as she held her side.

"Now, eventually you'll be able to move more freely and if you want, hold that sword with one hand. But this should do for now. Hmmm...but it depends. Does the sword make you feel awkward or do you have any certain weapon you want to try out? Maybe the knife again?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Cassima watched as Mirai helped her how to hold the rapier.

"Thanks." She realised what she said and tried to correct herself. "I mean, I knew that." She protested but continued to allow Mirai to help her hold the sword and the stance to prepare herself.

"So keep my stance wide and my body lowered?" Cassima asked Mirai.

But despite the position she's now in, she felt like she can hold the sword. "No need, as though I am capable of holding the rapier now, let us try and practice." Cassima prepared for another one of Mirai's battles.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Sure thing," Mirai said with a determined smile.

She'd stand a small distance away from Cassima, warming her parasol to once again form a blade.

"Alright!" she said calling Cassima's attention. "We start with first position, standing with our feet together at the heels in order to form a right angle. From there, we make a salute."

Mirai temporarily pointed at the ground where one of the cracks of the pavement were.

"In fencing there's a thing called the 'en-garde line'," she explained. "I know it's highly unlikely you'll be in a formal competition, but in such contests fencers stand four meters apart at a line. For the salute, you stand at this line with your dominant foot fancing your opponent and your feet in an L-shape. By the way, this entire time your sword is down, but then you lift it such as this."

Mirai lifted her parasol to her face vertically with the tip towards the sky before setting it down again.

"Then, we pose in an en garde stance," she said. "Such as earlier, your legs are bent sufficiently with your weapon held a hand's width away from your body. This makes it easier for your to stretch out and make a lunge!"

As she said "lunge", Mirai jutted forward, the tip of her parasol just a foot from Cassima's chest.

"You try doing a lunge," she said. "Aim for my chest."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:24 am

Cassima felt like she was in a perfect stance now thanks to Mirai. She listened to her explain a few more things about combat. "En garde?" Cassima asked before shaking her head.

"Yeah, you won't see me at anything like stupid Eala's duel that nobody is going to come too." Cassima grew angry at the mere mention of Eala but she kept quiet to let Mirai talk again.

And then she asked Cassima to lunge, which she did, yelling and laughing as she tried to lunge at Mirai's chest.

"Better to dodge!" She warned Mirai.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 pm