Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

4 posters

Eat or be Eaten 2 - The Somewhat Disappointing Reboot to the Original; [side quest - Up to 4]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Eat or be Eaten 2 - The Somewhat Disappointing Reboot to the Original; [side quest - Up to 4]  - Page 4 Empty Re: Eat or be Eaten 2 - The Somewhat Disappointing Reboot to the Original; [side quest - Up to 4]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:19 am

Eun relaxed her tense muscles as the fight ended, looking around. The group of three seemed to work well together, meaning she'd need to pay a bit more attention to them if she wanted to be able to cooperate smoothly. Hopefully the other two would do the same. She began to wipe off the blood that had stuck to her spear using the grass, finishing up by dragging it across the long blades behind her once they began moving.

As the professor started speaking excitedly about the chimeras bodies, she shook her head slightly but listened and smiled at the same time. It was fun to see someone keeping their morale so high after a fight, but she was better at the stabbing than the slashing, so taking off heads would be everyone else's job. She'd just try to continue to focus on hitting the key weak points. Her ears perked up at Mirai's question, causing her to turn her head, but her response was simply a shrug and holding her hand out, her thumb and index finger about an inch apart. She had fought a few beasts since she had begun wandering, but nothing large or noteworthy; those she just ran away from. The exception this time was that the effort it took to take them down would be rewarded with money.
    Silverion
    Silverion

Eat or be Eaten 2 - The Somewhat Disappointing Reboot to the Original; [side quest - Up to 4]  - Page 4 Empty Re: Eat or be Eaten 2 - The Somewhat Disappointing Reboot to the Original; [side quest - Up to 4]

Post by Silverion Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:45 am

The attack she executed seem to have worked, as the Chimera was attacked relentlessly by every side. Eventually the professor pointed out some sort of weak-point to the enkidu, and while she would have gladly tried to score a hit for herself with Edgar's indications, Koga was closer, was already making his way towards it, and had his blades-on-blades weapon that made him a danger to get close to. The aggravation in her face was pretty clear, but she had no choice but to jump back, as the Chimera was struck down at last, kicking and screaming before ultimately relenting.

Letting out a sigh, Emily cheered everyone for defeating the monster, while Mirai also complimented everyone present. "..." There was a grumpy look on her face, but she chose to focus on Mirai by nodding at her. In the meantime, Edgar was making some sort of discovery regarding the nature of Chimeras while Koga urged everyone to follow him. Putting her sword over one shoulder, she merely overheard him and Mirai make possible suggestion about them, when she eventually turned to Kassandra and Eun to ask about their interest towards Chimeras.

Almost like Eun, she merely shrugged at her. "You can say that, I guess. I had a few battles here and there, mainly in jobs like this. Not often I come across a big one like this though." She said, as she showed how she was actually hearing the professor speak with the following comment. "Getting more information on how to combat these fiends is not something I'm opposed to, as long as you and your companions don't plan to use us as bait." She said, referring to herself, Eun and Mirai. Perhaps Edgar was one of the 'good' educated folks, the kind that are not willing to sacrifice strangers for results, but she had one eye left, and she was planning on using it to watch him over.

And if she can get back on the sack of fleas for calling her a 'witch' then that would be the good bonus.

Last edited by Silverion on Thu May 16, 2019 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:09 am

The village trio marched close together. Koga moved while crouched, his steps steady and light. Despite the many twigs and fallen dried leaves on the ground, the enkidu's boots didn't make a sound. Edger Kallens was no longer mumbling eagerly, but his pen scribbled excitingly, his nose buried in the pages. One must wonder how an Aldemarrow professor is considered any village's best hunter.

Emily Kallen's curly chestnut hair bounced with each lightstep. She walked just a little ahead Edger, holding her blade in a relaxed position. Occasionally, she would reach above her head and grab the end of a branch and hacked it off with a swift swipe of her blade. Then, as the much taller man behind her followed while immersed in his recording, his head would harmlessly pass where the removed branch once was.

Koga stopped suddenly and went on all fours, staring piercingly at the ground in front of them. He sniffed the ground and huffed. "Edger."

The scholar looked up from his red book and snapped it shut in immediate response. He bounded up to Koga and crouched beside him.

"Lingle berries. Eight to ten split. Find dog," Koga said a series of words that seemed to mean nothing, but Edger nodded and dug into his bag.

It would be during this exchange the rest of the group might notice the absent of the village girl Emily only for her to emerge from a bush without with.

"Want some?" Emily offered with a gentle smile, holding out a handle of some sort of fruit. It was round and plump, around the size of a baby's fist each. They were a vibrant purple color with a faded read spot on top. "Lingle Berries. They're sweet and juicy."

Emily took a big bite out of one and blue juices dribbled down her puffed-up cheeks.

"Quite a few grow in this area of the forest. Even wolves and lions will eat these. With resources so scarce due to the Chimeras, this must be the few remaining sources of food." Emily looked up at the sky. The sun was directly overhead. "At this rate, we'll make it halfway towards the base of the mountain, then we will need to setup camp and gather food for dinner."

Just as she stated this, a rustle came from the bushes and a small creature started to emerge snout-first. It was a small but round and plush creature with bristly dirt-brown fur. It was a boar piglet.

Boar Piglet:

Emily turned her head in the direction of it and immediately but slowly crept towards it. The boar piglet noticed her and backed away nervously. Just as it looked like it was about to run away, Emily dropped a fistful of assorted nuts on the ground. The piglet looked on curiously, tilting its head to the side in wonder. Emily also placed three large berries on the ground before returning back to the group.

"Mmmm, I hope we find a stag. Oh, maybe a bear?" Emily continued with a sweet smile as if nothing else just happened. The boar fed on the nuts and berries a distance behind her. "So, tell me about you guys. No offense, but most of you don't seem the mercenary or bounty hunting type."

Emily turned to Eun, sheathing her blade. With a gentle smile, she pointed to Eun with one finger. Then she touched her right temple with all fingers. Then, she made a motion spinning her index fingers in a circle over each other and pointed again at Eun.

Emily smiled and waited for a response.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:42 am

It was natural that the fox girl hadn't spoken about her own combat experience seeing how she was mute. Mirai was correct, however, in her assumption that Kassandra had some amount of experience. A little into their walk, Emily offered berries, but Mirai only smiled and shook her head.

"Thank you, but I shall pass," she said. "I tend to not have an appetite while on the field. It was kind of you, though and--"

The rustle of the bushes was enough for Mirai to be back on guard. She held her parasol, but relaxed when she saw the creature that came out of it.

"..."

Mirai's eyes seemed to widen a bit, and if anyone had been paying attention to her, there would be a slight flush in her porcelain cheeks. Almost inaudibly, she seemed to mutter something.

"Adorable...."

She came back to her senses when Emily asked about who everyone was. At this, Mirai flinched a bit before shaking her head to regain composure.

"Ah...I suppose it's correct to make that assumption," Mirai said. "Call me eccentric, if you will, but I enjoy my days traveling around and looking for something amusing. I saw the post on the board, and I was interested. Learning more about the chimera will help me in my own studies about corrupted beasts and other creatures in Esterelf."
    Chidarake
    Chidarake

Post by Chidarake Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:47 am

Eun nodded slightly at Kassandra's comment, but perked her ears up as Koga spoke to Edger. Was that some kind of code? What did it mean? Were there more nearby, or was there something-

Before she could even finish her train of thought, Emily burst from a nearby bush, startling Eun. She offered them some fruit, which after a moment of hesitation, Eun gingerly took one just before the girl turned towards a small boar piglet that had come up nearby. She wasn't sure why, but something about the girl just seemed... off.

When the girl came back and commented about them not being the mercenary type, though, her motions towards Eun left her momentarily confused before something seemed to click.

'Those movements... Can she read minds? Can you tell what I'm thinking, Emily?' Eun thought to herself, her outer reply coming in the simple form of pointing her index finger at her own temple for a moment before pointing back at Emily.
    Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Thu May 16, 2019 7:35 am

Their uneventful respite came to sudden stop, when Emily vanished for a small moment, only to return again with fruits to share. And while Mirai didn't accept, Kassandra took one right after Eun, looking distrustful of both the fruit and the girl. "... Thanks." She said, as she started to take bites from it.

But suddenly, the party is confronted by an enemy! A... boar piglet? Kassandra unsheathed her sword for nothing, as she stared the boar piglet as it began eating what Emily offered to it. After letting out an exasperated sigh, Emily then decided to ask them what their deal was since they didn't look like bounty hunters or the like. "The hell is that supposed to imply?" She said, holding her sword in a resting position. "Do you think I hunt creatures for entertainment girl? Or perhaps do you think my sword is meant to cut bread? This ain't my first hunt nor it will be the last, so don't make sure preposterous questions." She answered, letting a bit of the tension from before invade her voice in order to answer in a more... abrasive manner.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:00 am