Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)  - Page 5 Empty Re: Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:00 am

Clutching the handle of her sword tightly, Kassandra gritted her teeth as Eve continued inflating her ego by seemingly ushering a challenge. "Keep talking like that and I'll make it a reality, yo-" She growled, but then Anna got inbetween them, attempting to stop them for fighting each other.

"Excuse me? You started it by acting high and mighty, brat." She retorted, before doing another grunt noise when Eve was trying to score brownie points from Anna. But suddenly, a familiar figure slowly walked out of her frame, with a mischievous smile. "Say, I do agree on the lady's statement. When was the last time you 'loosened up'? Only obeying your base instincts? It's fun, believe me." Trebax said, looking Anna with a strangely hungry look in his eyes. "Quiet, beast." She stated, before turning to Anna. "Things are not going to get any better for me any time soon as long as I'm shackled to this fiend, and your friend isn't making it any easier."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)  - Page 5 Empty Re: Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)

Sighing at the two going at each other like they were, Anna was a bit at a loss of what to do. Sure, she could take a side, but that wasn't like her. She needed to mediate somehow! And mediate she was gonna do! Closing her eyes, she reached deep within herself to channel the power she needed. Luckily she hasn't used 'that' in a while so she can probably do it with just her body glyph. As the two argued, they'd notice a rather large amount of energy flowing from Anna. In fact, they'd notice that there were glyphs lining her body that they could strangely see through her clothing!

As all this happened, she reached for the two of them, massive ethereal crimson hands engulfing both Kassy and Eve seemed to gently pick the two up (along with the incantus) and held them away from each other in midair. "Now. I'm not gonna take sides, nor am I gonna let the two of you fight." Anna spoke, staring at the two of them much like a mother would to naughty children.

"Kassy, I understand the pain you must be going through... but that doesn't mean you should shut off everything and be like a doll! Nor does it mean you should just follow your base instincts and rampage. Try to find a happy medium, yeah?"Anna spoke, placing her hands on her hips. "You shouldn't let her rile you up with mere words. Like I was trying to get at before.. try to relax some? I fear you might do something bad one day from being so tightly wound."

Turning her attention to Eve, Anna sighed. "Eve, I respect the fact that you're trying to get her to loosen up and the fact that you've probably been around longer than either of us.. but there are nicer ways to go about it." Anna speaks, chastising Eve for her taunts. "Still, there's a time and place for everything. There are nicer ways to get your point across than acting like you did. Regardless, I think you both owe each other an apology."

Crossing her arms and waiting, Anna watched the two of them, suspended in the air by the ethereal arms. With a little luck, she might be able to squash this little squabble before it gets really ugly.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"GU-HI--" was the sound that left Eve as she was hoisted into the air by a gigantic ethereal hand. As she was held in the air and criticized for her behavior, the small girl kept her head tilted forward, her face hidden by the brim of her hat. Perhaps she was taking this to heart? Feeling shame for her words and deeds?

... Wait, no. For a moment the wind caught the brim of her hat and caused her head to roll, showing her face to Anna; she was very thoroughly unconscious, a look of surprise partially frozen on her face. She, er, she hadn't expected this, you see.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:02 am

As Kassandra kept glaring at Eve, her focus would soon change from her to Anna, who was apparently doing something that caused a lot of energy to flow towards her. "What are you-AGH!" For a moment she thought that Anna was about to start a fight, but instead of that, she summoned two giant hands and grabbed the both of them! Trebax used the opportunity to disappear, leaving Kassandra alone to deal with this situation.

But instead of a fight, Anna merely scolded the both of them for their behavior. While her argument wasn't so wrong, it wasn't exactly easy to change Kassandra's attitude, even if she was held in the air helpless. They say a cornered animal is more dangerous, after all. "Don't... Don't pretend you understand me." She began, trying to not shout as it was already a bit hard to do so when her entire body is being held tightly. "Do you know what it feels to... Lose everything you have? In just a matter of hours? Knowing that the lives of innocents were in your hands, and you failed them all? I lost my family. I lost an entire town." There was ire in her voice, but at the same time, there was pain. Pain from remembering her failure, and from reminding herself of the cross she's bearing. It's one thing to just have that in the back of your mind, but it is a different thing when you spell it out.

With the latter, it stings even more.

For a moment, her head turned to Eve to see how she was taking it, and for a moment... She saw that she was hanging her head, her face practically impossible to read due to her hat. Was this scolding actually making her reconsider her actions? Was she actually listening? As it turns out, thanks to the wind, she wasn't. She was just sound asleep, something that made Kassandra grunt in frustruation. "Of all the times she could be asleep..."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:24 am

"...Eh?" Blinked Anna as she stared over at Eve, finding that she had fainted. "Oh dear.."

Turning her head back to Kassy, Anna sighed. She knew the girl was hiding a heavy burden, but how weighty was something she discovered through the girl's words. "Listen, I'm not gonna pretend I know how you must feel... But I know the feeling of loss all too well in my travels. I've had people I couldn't save even though I had the power to. So to feel utterly powerless is something I know. But to lose family and friends? That's a pain that never truly dies." She says, using a bit of her focus to nudge Eve with an etheral finger, trying to bring her back with them.

"Still, it'll do you no good to dwell on it every second of your being. I'm sure they loved you dearly and wouldn't want you to be this way either!" Anna spoke, trying to appeal to Kassy. "At the very least, consider my words. You need not follow them, but at the least it's food for thought."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The little Eve continued to lifelessly dangle in the giant hand, not unlike a rag doll, every nudge causing her head to roll.

Suddenly, though, she snapped awake.

"Down. Down. Downdowndowndowndown DOWN!!!" she shouted with a panicked look, trying her hardest to escape. The hand coming out of nowhere was bad enough, but now she was up in the air? What did she do to deserve this?!

Other than, you know, all that stuff a few minutes ago.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

When Anna spoke, Kassandra was practically glaring at her due to her daring to compare her. However, as she continued speaking, her look eased up, until she... Well, she was still looking kind of angry, but Kassandra was now just looking down, deep in thought thanks to Anna's words. She was cared by her parents, and the few residents that remained in Casimir looked up to her just like they did her father for protection. Losing them all was horribly, but she guessed Anna had a point, maybe it wasn't exactly wise to just get riled up over nothing. Then again, she hated people like Eve, Incantii like her were the reason she was now practically on the run from society. And besides, that's her personality, it is ingrained in her, so while her words had weight, they might lose it over the course of the next days.

And yet, they gave her pause. That was an accomplishment in itself.

In any case, she looked up again when suddenly a loud scream came from Eve. Not only she was awake, she was panicking a lot, did she not like being trapped like this? Or was she afraid of heights? "What's the matter, Incantus Witch Eve? If you are so squeamish, don't look down." That was rude, but she couldn't help it. Seeing Eve worried like that felt satisfying after she bloated her ego a moment ago.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Hmm? Oh! Sorry!" Anna says sheepishly as she gently sat the two down on solid ground again. While her control of Rayearth was pretty good considering, she doesn't always take into consideration of what others might feel about being manhandled by a giant being. Ah well, all's well that ends well!

Anna noted that Kassy had quieted down a bit and didn't seem as angry. Well, that was a plus, right? And Eve seemed to be a bit subdued so that was also a plus. As the runes on her body stopped glowing, the giant ethereal arms vanished, leaving Anna a bit exhausted. "Whew.. even partially summoning drains me.." She murmurs to herself. It's not as bad as a full summon at least.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:25 am

"I WILL KILL YOU," the terrified small girl shrieked at Kassandra, before she was set down finally. For a bit, she wobbled around, looking like she was about to pass out, before she finally found her legs again and thrust an accusing finger at Anna. "W-Who picks up someone like that, h-huh?! With giant... magic hands or whatever! Who even has that?!" she vented, her face red with embarrassment and anger as she did. A few more choice words were shot at Anna's way, mostly angry insults, but finally she settled down, and bent over, her hands on her knees as she took deep breaths in and out.

"... Y-You people... are ridiculous. Stupid, naive idiots with the most bizarre sets of skills! I-If I didn't feel a bit of mercy concerning lunch, I'd definitely wipe you two out!" she warned, taking one last deep breath before rising up again and continuing on. "S-So don't ever do that again, if you value your lives. Morons."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:25 am

Okay, she had to admit, considering Eve's behavior earlier, it was actually pretty hard to not let out a small chuckle, even if Kassandra's face was as hard as stone. In any case, she made a sigh of relief as Anna lowered them both to the ground, her feet touching the ground as she placed a hand on her chest. Breathe in, breathe on. Felt good after being clutched by a giant hand.

And yet, Eve continued doing some damage control after freaking out over something so inoffensive as being lifted into the air. Okay, that wasn't entirely inoffensive, but she was fussing over nothing. With a more calmed expression on her face, Kassandra merely waved away the threats Eve was making, before turning to Anna, as the walk continued. "'Partial'? So that's not the extent of you full power?" What, she could summon a giant golem?

Actually, that'd be amusing, if it was done right underneath Eve.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:53 am