Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)  - Page 4 Empty Re: Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:52 am

Eve seemed just as unmoved with either of their responses, and was instead busy wiping her mouth on her sleeves.

"Perhaps if thou weren't in such a hurry to run away from whatever it is behind thee, thou could enjoy such simple things," she mused, standing up as well before heading for the door.

"Take care nyow!" the barmaid called out to them, before oncemore they were under the bright sun, and Eve was quick to continue down the road.

"Thou could learn a thing or two from the other," she spoke up again, obviously directing her words at Kassandra as a continuation from her earlier thoughts, "Thy life is short, there is no sense being chained by events of the past."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)  - Page 4 Empty Re: Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:52 am

As the three of them left the tavern, Anna shrugged as she pulled on her hood once again. "I guess I'll see you around then?" Anna asks Kassandra, tilting her head. Eve said a few parting words, which made Anna curious as to what Kassandra's plight might be, but decided that now wasn't the time nor place to ask about such due to what she picked up from earlier.

Ah well~ There will be other times! Anna thought to herself. Once Eve was ready, she'd start walking down the path that led to the Fair. It would've been nice to get to know Kass a bit better, but people have their secrets, she told herself. Even then, she'd probably part ways with Eve once they got to the fair... Which while sad, was also just how these things go at times. No big deal, she knew she'd see them both again.

Why was she so sure she'd see these two again? Call it a hunch. One doesn't meet two people like them every day without reason! So she could only chalk it up to something more than just a chance meeting.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:55 am

Remaining silent, Kassandra merely waved at Anna as she bid her farewell to her, and started walking down the road to continue the trip. And it just so happens that both Eve and Anna were following the road alongside her! "... You guessed correctly." She said to Anna, as the three continued their trip.

And then Eve started talking about running and chained to the past? What? Kassandra gave her a glare that was a mix between annoyance and confusion, as she wondered if Eve was preaching philosophy or giving her life lessons without even knowing her. Or if she was just mocking her. "... What are you talking about?" She said, pondering whether it was possible for Eve to make sense.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"What indeed..." was Eve's quiet reply as she kept walking, not even looking over her shoulder at the two behind her as she walked. It seemed she was more than willing to leave it at that and let Kassandra ponder over her words, which honestly didn't come as that surprising from the bizarre witch. Silence passed for a moment before finally, it seemed like the shortest of the three couldn't help herself any longer. "Thou could try being a bit more... amusing, thou knowst. All coiled up like that, thou art sure to live a very long, boring life, a fate worse than death."

"Thou shares mine sentiments, right?" she finally turned her head, looking back at Anna as she spoke, apparently looking for agreement on the matter.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Oh? You're traveling in our direction! Silly me! But she's right! Being so wound up isn't good for you o your complexion from what I hear." Anna says as they walked down the road. "At the least we probably won't run into anyone else demanding money, right?"

Anna was in a bit of high spirits at the moment. She got to meet two people that weren't nearly as bad as people treat their types to be. Especially Eve. She says she's a witch, but she seemed pretty even-tempered by Anna's gauging of her. Sure she was a bit... say, frosty? But she didn't seem like she was a some sort of mindless berserker like people say. Certainly not Kassy either!

The three of them walked while the conversation between Eve and Kass continued, which was making Anna a bit antsy as she wanted to bombard the two girls with questions soooo badly! She didn't because of how they responded earlier and she wanted to respect her privacy... but the urge was still there! And then there was the growing excitement of the fair. She wanted to get there sooner rather than later, but all in due time.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:57 am

The first response she got from Eve made her eyebrow rise. Was this tiny fiend testing her patience? It definitely felt like it, but soon enough she would tell Kassandra what she meant, alongside Anna's opinion. 'Complexion'? She was just naturally pale, was Anna trying to tell her something? "I did not lose an eye because I fell off a cliff." She stated, putting on the front the fact that she wasn't going to live a 'long, boring life' the way Eve was thinking of.

"And I am not going to waste my time with petty distractions. If I seek to rest, I go to an inn. If I seek to unwind, I hunt animals for their pelts. Fighting is what I do, and I always keep my guard up in case someone believes striking at me is a good idea. Especially now that I'm seen as a more important target thanks to your kind." The last part was mostly a way to let out the steam she's been accumulating thanks to Eve's attitude. There's only one Incantus she hates, and that's the one she's stuck with, anyone else can go their own way.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:58 am

"..." Eve glanced behind her at the two as Anna recovered and agreed with her, only for Kassandra to, well, take it like Kassandra, and slowly an incredulous look grew on her face. By the time the older woman finished her response, the small witch's face scrunched up and up shot a hand, covering her mouth as her tightly pulled lips parted. "Pffftt..."

She... she was laughing at her.

"Unbelievable... hehehe, How boring can someone get...?!" she managed to sputter between muffled giggling. Quickly she looked away and visibly struggled to pull herself together, straightening out her back and shaking out the last little tremors of laughter in her, before finally looking back at the two. "... That... wasn't the point at all, oaf," she finally said, that icy glare back on her face, as if all the loathing she could have was directed at them.

"Though if I had to take a guess... I'd say a low-hanging branch plucked that eye while you were mounted on that high horse of your's," she added shortly afterwards, quickly returning her attention to the front of her, a proud little "hmph" coming from her as a small smile grew on her hidden face.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:59 am

When Eve started eyeing her in a rather weird way, Kassandra merely made a low grunt noise, before looking to the road ahead. She was beginning to think walking relatively close to this girl was a mistake, a thought that would only intensify when she started giggling out of nowhere. "... Are you mocking me?" She wasn't able to listen whatever Eve muttered, but she was refering mostly to the giggling itself.

But that wasn't the end! "What is your point then? You have done nothing but spit meaningless words." Kassandra added, now apparently competing against Eve over who's glare can split a mountain. Something that didn't last long as she kept letting random words escape her mouth like an incompetent jailor who forgot to lock the cells. "... First of all, there's something I believe you should contemplate once you get the chance of. It's called a mirror. Or a body of water." Was this pint-sized witch familiar with the concept of self-reflection? Given how she accused her of mounting a high horse, probably not.

"And second of all, I lost my eye when I fought a group of bandits. I lost half my sight thanks to their leader, while they lost their lives." Her words were not of amusement, but that of a tranquil fury, as Eve's nonsensical guesses and assertions were causing Kassandra to remember the events that transpired that night, due to having to retort to her. "Listen, my patience is growing thin. Close that pretentious mouth of yours, or I'll be forced to do it myself." It was truly foolish to threaten an Incantus when all you have is just one blade and an uncontrolable Incantus of your own, but Kassandra never responded well to this kind of prodding. Her responses tend to be aggresive, after all.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Anna blinked as Eve giggled, blinking again as the small person spoke some pretty mean things to Kassy. And of course, Kassy responded in turn towards Eve's words. If she didn't do something soon, there'd be a fight on her hands! "Ahh! Let's calm ourselves!" Anna exclaimed as she quickly moved in between the two... Which might not have been the smartest move, but Anna wasn't the kind to think such things through. "I'm sure we don't need to come to blows over this!"

She looked between the two, offering a hopeful smile. "We won't be traveling together for long, so let's not leave things on a bad note, yeah?" Anna says as they walk together. "Also! That's not nice, Eve! I'm sorry but laughing is fine, but mocking someone is a bad thing!"

As she reprimanded Eve, Anna then cast a glance at Kassy. "And you shouldn't fall for her prods." Anna says, flashing her an apologetic smile. "I understand what Eve was getting at kinda. You need to loosen up a bit, my friend. I'm sure things may not seem very good for you now, but I know they'll get better!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"How fortunate it was then that the powers to be saw fit to bless you with two, then!" Eve shot right back, stopping in her tracks and turning to face Kassandra. "You really think facing down Incantus Witch Eve is a good idea, that it's within the realm of possibility? I'd like to see it!" Luckily, before things could get any worse, Anna jumped in, reprimanding the girl.

"... T-Tch, she started it," she quickly replied, glancing off to the side and crossing her arms, "That awful attitude is getting on my nerves, to be honest. You... er, thou, understand, right?" she asked, clearly expecting Anna to back her on it despite her obvious neutrality in the matter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:53 am