A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Moratorium [Silv/Lilac - Closed]

Lilac
    Admin

Re: Moratorium [Silv/Lilac - Closed]

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:16 am

The man being close to the point of exhaustion from his magic usage, the gunshot caught him this time and pushed him back. There was the shattering of glass as the man growled. His mask had split into pieces and now he was covering his bloodied face. He glared.

"I'll only let you live because she'll kill you soon enough!" he hissed.

With that, he stomped the ground and several rocks and a load of concrete dust flew into the air. He would vanish before Goibniu or anyone else could see him. Meanwhile, Liseran and Claes were continuing their bickering.

"Liseran, please! We have no time anymore!" Claes barked.

The former was obviously distressed. Liseran's bells were shaking as she was keeping the stray under her field. Biting her lip, she rang her bells. The left one was swung in a semi-circle while the other in the shape of a 7. From being pressed down onto the ground, the stray screamed as she forced to float in the middle of the barrier with her arms and legs held apart.

"I-I'm sorry..." she said.

Claes sighed in relief. Reaching into her coat pocket and reached out for a paper talisman. Channeling her cartic marks at it, she tossed the paper talisman into the barrier. The stray had been struggling with the binding when she saw the talisman. Her eyes glared.

"No...NO!" she growled. "Don't take it from me! JUST LET ME DIE!"

Claes focused her energy as the talisman glowed bright blue, but just as she was about to perform the extraction, the stray's eyes glowed bright white. A flash of white light blinded both Claes and Liseran and the barrier broke. The stray broke free of her binds. Her pale skin started to go black. Her eyes turned cloudy gray and her body started to contort as black smoke came from her mouth.

"No! Wait...!" Liseran gasped.

She tried to get her bells, but the stray looked at her. Liseran was suddenly pushed back by a strong force and against a stone wall. Claes tried to cast her own binding spell as the stray turned to her, but something else happened instead.

A glint of silver passed through the corrupt Walpurgis and was followed by a loud gunshot. Almost instantly, the Walpurgis' body dropped to the ground and the smoke cleared. Blood pooled on the floor. Claes and Liseran stood there, wide-eyed in horror.

"I cannot believe the two of you," a harsh, raspy voice said from the distance.

If Goibniu were to look ahead, he would see two Expiate officers in the distance, with one of them wielding a silver gun. The gun-wielder was a tall, lithe man in a blue and silver trench coat. His face was long and "hawk-like" and his eyes a piercing blue. He was around seemed to be around either his thirties or forties, but it was hard to tell due to the strained look about his face. Next time him was another Expiate officer, another man, thought it was hard to tell his age due to the pure white mask with red streaks on it. Small tufts of silvery-white hair peered from underneath his hat with a short portion of it in a small ponytail behind him.

Claes' face drew pale.

"C-Commander Veiller, w-we..."

"Not only did you try to handle a corrupting Walpurgis on your own, but you were even trying to postpone it," the golden-haired man said gruffly. "No doubt due to the persuasion of my daughter, am I correct?"

The officer glared at Liseran, whom the silver-haired Expiate was now currently helping. The commander then looked a Goibniu.

"And also trying to pull along our newest recruit, too. This is disgraceful."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:16 am

Goibniu smiled as the bullet impacted, breaking through the stranger's mask and even drawing blood! That'd definitely going to leave a mark. However, he was surprised by his sudden comment, and before he could ask what he meant, he performed another magic trick with the ground. "Agh! What are you-" And suddenly, the pressure on his feet suddenly banished, seeing as he was finally free from the trap! But as the dust cleared, the man was nowhere to be seen. "Come back here, fiend!" He called out, but it was in vain, he was now alone with the three girls.

Liseran was doing her best to restrain the stray, while Claes decided to use the moment to perform an extraction ritual, all while Goibniu stood close, holding his firearm tightly. The pleas of the stray were definitely not comforting, but it was too late to interrupt the process, and hoped she could recover from the ritual. Things would turn upside down however, as the stray apparently broke the barrier, blinding them in the process. His arm covered his eyes as he was briefly stunned by the sudden light.

Once he recovered his sight, the first thing he saw was Liseran being shoved into a nearby wall. "Dormirse!" He called out, as he turned at the stray's apparent new form. His face wrinkled a bit as the grotesque look he had now, and aimed at her to protect Claes from a sudden move. He wasn't going to be proud if he had to pull the trigger, bu-

*BANG*

Goibniu's eyes opened wide, as he heard a gunshot nearby, the bullet passing them by as it struck the stray. She fell down unceremoniously, looking like she didn't survive the attack. Turning around, he saw that the marksman was none other than Commander Veiller. While Claes' face was seemingly filled with dread, Goibniu stood firm and straight, doing a small salute at him and the other member.

"Greetings, sir!" He said, as Veiller debriefed them both at how much they sucked. He definitely didn't feel well disappointing his superior, making it a bit hard to maintain his firm look. However, the way he refered to Liseran as his 'daughter' was something that caught him offguard. She was the offspring of the commander? Incredible!

But then the attention was shifted towards him. The criticism he made about Claes didn't sit well, as it was technically incorrect. "To clarify sir, I was assigned to perform this task alongside Officer Alfson, I was not pulled along by her." It wasn't common for him to talk back at his superiors, and it definitely felt weird to him, but he couldn't just allow Claes to be thrown into the fire.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:17 am

Instead of a response, all Goibniu would receive from the Chief Commander was an arched eyebrow. He turned back to Claes and narrowed his eyes.

"I expect a thorough explanation from the both of you back at the station," he said barely louder than a whisper.

He sharply turned and moved towards the limp body of the Stray. In the distance, masked officer assisted Liseran up, whom in turn rejected the help and tried to push him away as she saw the Stray.

"N-no..." she barely whispered out loud.

She tried to rush towards it, but the masked officer held her back.

"Let...let go of me!" she shouted.

The Chief Commander scowled in disgust.

"Stop acting like a child," he said curtly.

"You killed her!" Liseran shrieked in return.

"And she wouldn't have killed every goddamn person in this district if I hadn't?" he hissed. "Listen to yourself for one moment. It's not like I go around doing this because I want to. Your irresponsibility and dragging along my officers did this. Not me!"

Next to Goibniu, Claes was clutching her fists tightly and lowering her head. Liseran, meanwhile, stiffened. Her eyes welled up and were red as if stung by acid.

"Sister, let's go," the masked officer said softly.

Meanwhile, the Chief Commander opened a strange metal trinket and murmured into it as it glowed bright blue.

"The threat's been pacified. Have the sweepers clean up and restrict the area so we can look for more traces of that alchemist."

The Chief Commander would then look at them and jerk his head.

"You two, after me. Now."

Claes sighed heavily and closed her eyes.

"Let's go, McCrae," she murmured.

Back at the station, Liseran did not join Goibniu and Claes in one of the many offices. Commander Veiller tapped his fingers impatiently on the desk. His steely green eyes glared at them.

"Considering that my daughter...interfered with your mission," he said "I am willing to be lenient and hear whatever reasoning went through your thick skulls that made you think any of what you were doing was a fine idea."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Goibniu merely blinked as the Commander pretty much ignored him and went straight to Claes, before the other officer tried to get a hold of Liseran.

Of course, he couldn't help but feel a bit guilty. If this was anyone else, he'd have been more firm in his resolution, but this involved someone he knew, this involved Liseran. However, he knew the Commander was ultimately right, they tried their best to contain the situation and hopefully get the Stray out of danger, and if it wasn't for that Stranger getting in their way, they probably would have succeeded.

But he still felt bad for Liseran, she looked distraught, a look he simply didn't picture on her. Goibniu remained silent, unsure of what to say, before the Commander told them to follow him, followed by Claes herself. Nodding, he went with them, wondering what would happen to Liseran.

This is not good.

Now that they were safely back at the station, Veiller asked them for a report on what went down, his tone demostrating his utter disappointment. "Well sir, we were gathering information, but our mission was interrupted by your da-by Madam Dormirse." He started, correcting himself as to not try to pin the blame on the Commander. He was already in a sour mood, no need to make it even worse. "And eventually we were assaulted by a stranger, that seemingly knew about the Stray we were investigating, sir."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Veiller exhaled slowly.

"I see," he said. "I suppose I cannot blame you two if you were assaulted. Or if you felt that it would bring you closer to the Stray. Regardless, you two did disobey orders and proceeded with actions that are not within your scope. Alfson, I'm disappointed in you. I thought you of all people would know to stick to regulations. As of such, both of you are on probation."

Claes' back snapped straight.

"Chief, you can't be--"

"It is apparent that both of you are in need of serious reorientation," the Chief Commander said curtly. "As of such, you are off any investigative duties. That's final."

Claes lowered her eyes.

"Yes, Chief Commander..."

"Now both of you leave."

Claes was the first to get up, her face solemn and obviously disappointed. After making the proper gestures, she would head out wit Goibniu and sighed.

"I'm sorry, McCrae. It appears I not only managed to spoil your first task, but ruin your chances of any new ones in the near future. I should have never let Liseran convince me to help her."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Of course, the explanation Goibniu gave to Veiller was apparently not good enough. Or maybe he was in a bad mood? Regardless, he felt it was best to put the two of them on probation, something that made Goibniu's eyes widen, looking just as surprised as Claes. "What?? S-Surely you can reconsi-" He started, but the Chief Commander wasn't going to have any of that. What he said about 'serious reorientation' made Goibniu's spine chill, what was going to mean? Was he going to be assigned to being a janitor?

But it seemed he couldn't fight it, Veiller's choice was final, and merely nodded with Claes, his face pale with his words. "... Very well, sir." He said, and got up, confused and worried over what happened. Doing the proper gesture, he turned around and followed Claes, wondering what was on her mind.

He was a bit surprised to see her not angry about what happened, and instead offered an apology. "Nay, there's no need to worry, Officer Alfson, I should apologize for my shoddy performance. I didn't know we'd have to confront such a beast of a man." He said, trying to give her a reassuring smile. "But, I am still confused, what did Li-Madam Dormirse had to do with this? Is she really the daughter of Chief Commander Veiller?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Claes stopped walking. She sighed.

"Yes," she said. "In fact, I'm surprised you know her. She doesn't frequent herself in Stahlmin. If anything, she'd be steering clear of her and Saoirse as she doesn't like seeing the Chief Commander. Regardless, I don't know what her role was with regards to all of this. And it's not my place to tell you, either. Best you don't get mixed with her, is all I can say. You can see what that resulted to as of now."

Claes reached up to her forehead and started massaging it as if she were nursing a headache.

"It's been a long day, McCrae. I would like to retire now. You should do the same. We don't want to get into anymore trouble than we already have. Good day."

With that, Claes made a sharp turn in the corridor and headed in a different direction. Almost at the same time, a door opened and closed behind Goibniu. Liseran was there with her head sunk and her arms hanging limply at her sides. Noting Goibniu, she flinched.

"E-rr...Officer McCrae, I...I thought you'd left by now," she squeaked. She then uneasily looked to the side. "I, um...heard about your temporary dismissal. I'm sorry...it was all my fault. In fact, I probably shouldn't have the gall to be talking to you."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:18 am

"Aha, I guess I can say that, fate has a funny way of brining people together." He said, as Claes wondered how could Liseran know him. He wasn't aware of what sort of plan Liseran had in mind, but did she account for him? Perhaps not, as she was pretty surprised when she found him during this assignment. Nevertheless, Claes was not willing to tell him what Liseran's plans were, and she warned him to not get mixed with her, something that made Goibniu feel a bit ambivalent. Given what she said earlier, it seemed Claes was trying to keep him from commiting the same mistake she did, but he wasn't really presented with a real argument, just a warning. "I'll keep your advice in mind." It was really all he could say.

And then, she decide to part ways with him for the day. "Ah, alright then, I'll see you at another time, Officer Alfson. Get some good rest to clear your mind of this." He said, his tone recovering from the somber mood of a moment ago, as he made a gesture of salute as she left. This was really a hard day, and he was ready to head out and clear his own mind, but as soon as he turned around, the figure of Liseran came into view, looking rather troubled. "Ah! Greetings Madam Dormirse." He said, just as surprised as she was. But then she demostrated some level of remorse he didn't expect.

A few days ago, she glared daggers at him, and now she was thinking of herself as unworthy to his eyes? This girl was sure weird. "There's, uh, there's no need to worry madam, it was quite a mess for all of us involved." He said, doing a nervous chuckle as he tried to reassure her. However, he couldn't help but ask the obvious question. "But I do not understand, what was your role in this?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Liseran glanced to the side warily.

"No role that you should concern yourself about," she said. "I saw a Walpurgis in trouble, wanted to save her, and...I failed to."

She clutched the sides of her skirt and then sighed.

"I'm not sure why exactly you decided to join the Expiate, but even if it's out of goodwill, I can't say that you won't find yourself on the other side," she said quietly.

She pushed herself up from the wall and walked down the hall.

"But I suppose in a way, the same can be said about me. Good day, Officer."

And with that she turned a corner.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

And of course, while her answer was rather vague, she mentioned how all she wanted was to try to save the Walpurgis. "I guess I can't blame you for that directive, I only wish it didn't cause the mission to be so hectic." He said, scratching the back of his head, struggling to find an answer that wouldn't cause any tension. "Hey, you don't happen to know something about a man th-"

But then, she said something that caused his eyebrows to cock in a confused manner. "Pardon me? What did you say?" 'Other side'? What did she mean with that? She couldn't possibly be refering to conflict or anything, right? After all, he wasn't looking forward to having to confront her or anything like that, was she alluding that that was something inevitable? Nevertheless, Liseran mentioned that she was also going to depart, which alerted Goibniu.

"Wait, Madam Dormirse! I still have inquiries I wish to-" But it was too late, Liseran already left the scene, leaving the confused Goibniu hanging. His extended arm found nothing to grasp, and thus was lowered, his expression turned to one of defeat. This day started so promising, and yet it devolved into nothing short of a mess, with one person dead, him and Claes on probation, Liseran being ominous and dubious on her role in this, and a dangerous stranger on the loose. His mind hanged on the last two bits, how he discovered that the Chief Commander's daughter was none other than Liseran, and how that stranger impeded their efforts today, displaying a strength and fortitude that were downright supernatural.

Could that person be an Incantus? Or maybe someone enhanced by one? He clearly wasn't on his side, but what was his gain in this? And did Liseran know anything about him? These were many questions that Goibniu will sadly not be able to answer immediately, as he was taken out of any investigation work in the Expiate. He certainly couldn't challenge the higher authorities, but he still felt frustrated at his inability to do anything.

And with that, he let out a loud sigh, as he turned around and walked away. This definitely wasn't his day.

[End Tag]

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:40 pm