A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

When the Pistols are Hanged [Open]

Lilac
    Admin

Re: When the Pistols are Hanged [Open]

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:48 am

The explanation she gave what just giving him more caution than reassurance, specially when she reached the 'not explored too extensively'. "But how are you sure enough to understand that was the worst case scenario? By the looks of it, I am surprised your brain remained undamaged by the experiment, not to mention the collateral damaged you have caused. Imagine if a frail person, or a child, stood next to you when this happened, they'd have been in a worst state than myself?" After all, he did have a spear pierce through him once and survive, so maybe he wasn't so damaged due to his own fortitude.

As for the potion, well, he still wasn't sure. Even if she said it was tried and tested for years, he still felt mostly apprehensive about it. Heck, he felt apprehensive over the entire situation, should he even call over a nearby guard to mention her sort-of-illicit activity? He wasn't sure. "Well, I... I'd rather give it a go at the safety of my own home, thank you kindly." It might involve dumping the content and just relying on good old bandages. Those never fail!

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:49 am

Violet sighed. Another close minded view of alchemy. "Can I at just have my vial back, since you're probably gonna dump it out anyway? It's not the easiest potion to brew on the planet. As far as your state, it's just a few shards of glass; and if I really needed to, I could have thrown a wall of water between you and the explosion, I just didn't want to make more of a scene."

"And I'm sure of it because I have the numbers. My friend calculated it for me, she's extremely intelligent." She pulled a paper from her pocket, and handed it to him. Tourmaline had run the numbers for her, after Violet had given her the equations and such. "See, the problem wasn't in the ingredients or the potion, I underestimated the brain power that I personally have." She realized she was stroking her own ego. "I mean, it's not like, I'm particularly intelligent, it's just more than I thought."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:50 am

And without much objection, he reached out for his pocket and gave it back. So much for that, even if he did consume it, his clothes were already stained with a few driblets of blood. But then she made a mention about a friend who calculated the numbers, as she handed him the papers stating as much. "Oh? I see." He said, as he muttered similar things while reading the papers. He was surprised by how this friend of hers managed to perform such calculations to assess the amount of brain power required with just a few ingredients and Cartic magic. Then again, given how it went awry, it didn't surprise him things went wrong with such rough estimations.

But then, he made a small sound of surprise, as if he made a discovering reading those papers. And it was definitely not the kind that'd aid Violet and her friend. "Mmmh... The handwritting seems... Awfully familiar." He said, as he looked at it more closely, before turning towards Violet. "May I ask who is this friend of yours?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Violet was on guard pretty fast. Conversations about Tourmaline with strangers usually ended with Violet hurting someone; or at least, if the strangers knew what Tourmaline was. "Her... Name is Tourmaline."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

It was then when Goibniu's face turned from skeptic to a more happy one, as his suspicion was confirmed. "Ah, small world! I didn't know you were one of Madam Cardona's acquaintances!" He said, letting out a small chuckle as he patter one knee with his hand. "How has she been? Hopefully not getting into trouble, ho ho!"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:51 am

Violet relaxed a bit, as this man seemed to be okay with Tourmaline. She remembered Tourmaline mentioning an Enkidu who'd treated her quite well; and an Expiate officer to boot! "Ah, then you must be Officer Goibniu, Tourmaline mentioned you. She's doing pretty well, and staying out of trouble. Keeping me out of it, in fact!" She smiled at the man, who, despite being an Expiate officer, had treated Tourmaline well, which made him half decent in Violet's books.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

In a way, Goibniu was surprised to hear how Tourmaline spoke well about him. Technically, it shouldn't, given how they were in good terms, it just so happened that the day he revealed he was an officer to her, was the same day one lady got very angry at him, and another seemed very disappointed at him, so amassing a good reputation like that was a welcoming change. Maybe it'll change people's mind that the Expiate aren't as bad as they seemed like, an opinion that seemed to be a bit unfounded, given how their target, the Walpurgis, got their reputation.

"Indeed! Office Goibniu McCrae, at your service!" He said, properly introducing himself at Violet. "I am glad to hear she's doing alright. I remember last time we met she was working on enchantments for my firearm's ammunition. Fear not, I'm not armed at the moment, no need to feel threatened." Then again, if he needed to defend Violet, he could just whack them with his right hand.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Violet shrugged, "Even if you were, I'm not against a man going around armed. Even if he is Expiate." She nudged him a bit to let him know she was half-joking. Honestly, Violet was surprised that there was a half-decent Expiate officer; although, if there was one, Tourmaline was definitely the type of person that would find them.

Even still, it slightly unnerved her to be speaking conversationally with an officer; Violet was glad he wasn't in uniform. That would definitely have made her nervous.

Of course, that's not to say she wasn't nervous. The man did seem to have a tenuous grasp on Alchemy, and she had a few papers in her bag that detailed some of the more illegal processes she'd messed about with. Of course, they were all denoted with "I do not plan to create any of these potions, the papers are purely theoretical," but she didn't know if an Expiate officer would buy that.

Violet spoke up once more, "Excusez-moi, but I was more than a little surprised to hear that an Expiate officer had treated Tourmaline kindly. We haven't had the best of track records with your folk, considering she is what she is. Why did you join the Expiate, if you don't mind my asking?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:52 am

The comment and nudge made Goibniu chuckle a bit. And here he thought Violet was some sort frigid researcher of questionable logic, it was good to see that at least she could relax a bit. "Well, I did not see a reason why Madam Cardona was to be mistreated. Her paperwork was in check, and she seemed like a law-abiding citizen, albeit a bit, peculiar." He repsonded, noticing how at one point Violet said 'we'. Was she perhaps refering to herself and Tourmaline? Or was Violet another Atoned Walpurgis?

Before he could arrive to a conclusion however, she made him a pretty interesting question. "Well, it is simple." He lied. "After witnessing an incident that took place in this city years ago, I felt like I couldn't sit idly and let people to their luck, while others go on a power-hungry trip to cause havoc. I decided to join the Expiate to protect them from those fiends." The subject of him joining was a touchy one, and he managed to avoid the personal details. Now it was a matter of whether Violet was satisfied with the answer or not.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:52 am

"Peculiar" was certainly one way to describe Tourmaline. Still though, his answer was the same as what had been used for centuries to oppress the Walpurgi. While Violet wasn't particularly familiar with the incident to which he was referring, she knew that these things had been used to justify the genocide of Cantus mages.

Still, Violet was beginning to view Goibniu not as one of the oppressors of Walpurgi, but how she viewed most citizens of the continent: they just didn't educate themselves on the subject. Heck, Violet hadn't even known much about it until she started learning for Tourmaline's sake. She didn't blame him for his ignorance, though she would like to educate the man at some point.

Not now, though, seeing as they'd just met.

"As noble a cause as any, I suppose. I'd honestly prefer to work outside such an institution, but I suppose their... Overwhelming jurisdiction certainly helps get things done." Violet managed to say this without a hint of malice in her tone.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:40 pm