A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Touring the City [Closed]

Lilac
    Admin

Re: Touring the City [Closed]

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:34 am

"I never said that no meaningful work can be done. It's just harder than you make it out to be. As to your question, I've always wanted to know how the universe works; honestly, curiosity has driven me since I was a kid. Thus why I study magic, and math, and music."

She tried to say it nonchalantly, but honestly that's the one thing that'd kept her from letting herself die after she lost her Cantus. "It's as worthy a cause as any, anyway. What do get up in the morning for?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Unlike to usual, Hugo spoke thoughtlessly, "I'm living for someone else, basically." Realizing how vague he was being, he tried to explain, "What I mean to say is that, ah, my kick in the ass, as it were- what gets me going- is to go home. So that I can see someone very dear to me." He glanced out the window, his gut twisting. Probably the food, you know. He said, "I'm a hypocrite, you know." He smiled, a pitiful thing like a clothsline in a 10 mile gale.

Silence won over their conversation for a while, as they lapsed into personal thought. Hugo's own went instantly to the subject of his continued exile: how to get home, how he'd manage it as a simple apprentice. Not lent well to such melancholy, he stood up, throwing a couple dozen Denars on the table to cover the food, and helped Tourmaline out of her booth. On the way out, he finally offered a good general statement, "We all have someone to live for, it's not that weird. Different people just put it different. Some people are more honest about it than others, you might say."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Tourmaline, in her silence, thought of who she'd go home to see; and honestly? It was no one. Her father immediately gave her to his saint of a brother rather than raise her himself. Her mother allowed her to do it. The only friend she ever made was Violet, who was here.

However, even as she thought, Hugo's vague confession made her think-- "I'm a hypocrite, you know." Tourmaline wouldn't pursue it if he didn't want to, but she was desperately curious. However, her thoughts were interrupted when he began speaking again.

"Yes, I suppose we do." Tourmaline felt guilty, about what she'd said earlier. "Hey, Hugo, I mean... I just... Like, don't take anything I said to heart, while we were joking. I don't think you're a pedant, or... Or preachy, or whatever. I was just ribbing you, okay?" It seemed to her like Hugo might have at least some kind of insecurity, and if she hit on it... Well, that would be bad.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"What? Sorry, of course not." He scoffed, "I was about to tell you not to take it the wrong way, what with your paper thin skin and such." He smiled at her, trying to reattach his confident composure from before. "It's not like some little 'advocatellus' was going to hurt my feelings, you know. I usually don't even get this far with one," He laughed, "instead they run off screaming, on fire or melting." It was supposed to be a joke. You know. Funny.

Hah.

"I suppose we ought to get to your place, right?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Tourmaline could see his somewhat obvious brushing off of this apology, but let it lay there. She decided to be a little more careful with her words around Hugo.

She smiled at him, "Yeah, let's head home." Throwing some cash on the table, plus a tip, she began heading out with Hugo. "After you."

[END TAG]

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:39 pm