Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Application and Rejection (and Interaction) [Closed- Nightclaw, Pax, and Silv]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Application and Rejection (and Interaction) [Closed- Nightclaw, Pax, and Silv] - Page 3 Empty Re: Application and Rejection (and Interaction) [Closed- Nightclaw, Pax, and Silv]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:21 am

After her violent display, he found himself smiling. He loved a strong woman, though he had to admit that wasn't exactly why he was smiling. It was more that violent reactions always made him smile, passion and such always made him get a little quirky. He took a sip from his stout to try and hide his stupid grin. "Oh this or that. I tried to join the army, but they have all these background checks and such, it wouldn't have gone well if I pushed the issue." He laughed lightly, and continued, "I never guessed that I would say it until recently, but I'm essentially homeless, and I figure I'll have to apply myself in such a way as to win the favor of the Board. Quite the odds, you know." He shifted around, and rubbed his back. "Sleeping on the ground isn't quite my favorite choice, but these are hard times, right?" He pulled grinned like he had told a bad joke, not like he had said he was homeless. To be fair, a driven man like himself doesn't mind the odd spat of homelessness.

"How about you? After that little display," he grinned again, harder even still, "I don't guess you're exactly in a... peaceful profession. Ah, perhaps a librarian?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Application and Rejection (and Interaction) [Closed- Nightclaw, Pax, and Silv] - Page 3 Empty Re: Application and Rejection (and Interaction) [Closed- Nightclaw, Pax, and Silv]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:21 am

Tourmaline turned about as red as a human can get without blood literally spurting from their face. "I-I didn-"

But the woman appeared to have moved on. Tourmaline sipped deeply from her drink, finding a new reason to get black out drunk: to let that event completely fade from memory. It would be one of those things that kept her up at night, like "Remember in second year when that boy asked you out and you gave him a dried plum?"

After a few moments of recovering, Tourmaline said, "Forgive me, Miss Kassandra. I'd, uh..." Tourmaline wondered briefly what she could do to somewhat make up for it. "P-pay your tab?"

She turned red again, but stood her ground.

As to Hugo, she'd love to help him, but was unsure how to do so. Tourmaline figured she'd talk to Violet about it later; the man seemed bright enough, and it might pay to have extra magical hands around the house.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:24 am

Kassandra's face remained as hard as stone, even if Tourmaline fumbled her words a bit, admiting to herself that that felt pretty satisfactory, and made a mental note to give her 'the look' next time she gives her attitude. One would say that it was her being pretty rude, she'd correct them saying that she had low patience.

But as an apology, she offered paying for her tab, which currectly was merely just one bottle of ale. She could order more, given how she knew she didn't have to pay, but she felt that may be a bit too much for Tourmaline. Plus she wasn't drinking to get drunk, but just to rest her sore feet. "... Sure, no problem."

And then she heard Hugo's answer. It probably was her, but for some odd reason, she noticed he seemed... Happier than before. She felt it was weird, and didn't think much of it. "Can't you just ask for admission to another academy? It'd be a more stable solution than being a mage for hire." She asked, not knowing if other academies would see his records and read about his expulsion.

Or even if there was another academy he can apply for.

However, the question he made her was rather odd. A librarian? Her? If it was some sort of joke, it flew over her head, as her face expressions still looked rather grumpy. "... No. I take local jobs from the Job Board. Or I hunt in the wilderness for food or pelts to sell, but that's mostly just on occasion." All she could use was a bag to transport stuff, so one could guess hunting wasn't her primary way to get money
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

He frowned slightly, but only from embarrassment. "I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, I just wasn't sure if it would be polite to just suddenly, you know, talk about my work." Nursing his stout was getting unfashionable, and with a halfway direct question like that, how could he resist? "Oh I, you know, use illegal alchemy to make bombs- oh, and do other things, but mostly bombs." He grinned. "You're awfully cute when you threaten people with a painful death. Most people can't pull that, you know, grumpy... upset... 'I just got mauled by a bear and he was sorry' look."

He smiled for another second, and then jumped like he had just remembered something, and without a shred of shame, continued, "Hey... Tourmaline. If you're gonna pick up her tab, can you pick up mine too?" He gave that charming smile, like he felt completely comfortable implying that he was 100% out of money. And he was. Being poor white trash makes that kind of person, unless it doesn't.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Tourmaline smiled, glad that they were on okay-ish terms. In a world of mages, it was almost always a bad idea to go picking fights, even if it was by accident.

It was at this point that Hugo began flirting with Kassandra. Tourmaline, who was utterly unexperienced in dealing with, or doing, these things, felt quite a bit mortified at his audacity; no less so when he turned his attention to her. "I-I.. What?" Was this something people just did?

She glanced around, seeing if anyone would come to her rescue. "I... I guess so? I definitely want to hear about that gravity magic some other time, though..." She quickly jotted down her and Violet's address. "Here, before I forget." She handed the paper-- something she never went without-- to him, and placed her pen-- ANOTHER thing she never went without-- back into her pocket. "And my friend will be interested in meeting you."

Tourmaline leaned a tiny bit away from the man, slightly off-put by his sheer lack of shame.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"..." So his work had illegal roots, that was nice to hear (she thought sarcastically). But that definitely explained why he can't just become a student elsewhere, if it isn't falling out due to background checks, it may be him getting caught on the act of adquiring ingredients through elicit means. She was about to make a comment about that, but suddenly Hugo dropped a bomb of his own.

Figuratively speaking.

Her first reaction was to narrow her eye. Was he hitting on her? It definitely looked like he was. This wasn't something Kassandra was ready for, and thus felt imprepared and a bit flustered over the revelation. And then she remembered why she took this journey in the first place. They may not be able to see it, due to only having one of her arms in plain view, but underneath her cloak, her other arm gripped the pendant she wore.

It was funny, Kassandra as always brash and decisive, even negatively so, but for the longest time, she wasn't able to properly assess her feelings over the one friend she has left, mainly due to growing up with little to no acquaintances of her generation outside of Higini. She cared for him a lot, but often wondered what he felt for her, given how he never showed any signs, and her, being unsecure about the topic, never gave him any signs either. Thus, was it something she should pursue? Or maybe not? These matters of the heart were something she may to deal with later.

And definitely not when some random stranger starts hitting on her.

"What are you getting at?" It sounded genuine, but it was mostly a rhetorical question, to highlight how silly Hugo was by making that comment. And then he asked her to pay his tab as well, something which Kassandra didn't comment about, even after she accepted. It was one thing to succumb to her spooky glare, but to succumb to Hugo's 'charm'? She was either too friendly, or too permissive.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"What am I getting at?" A straightforward answer to a straightforward question. "Well, I'm just saying I'd like to get to know you better, because you're a rather striking woman. Willful and such." He smiled, warmly this time, you know, and not like he had just got away with murder. "If you're offended, I guess I can take it all back. Though, I don't guess someone with your... dangerous charm, is the sort to be offended by someone like me, right?" Again with his wolfish grin, replacing the normal, regular people smile. Hugo is a man of enviable talent, you know, when it comes to smiling.

Then he turned to Tourmaline, almost like an afterthought, now that his focus had shifted, saying "Yeah sure," and "I'll be sure to step in when the morning comes." It is very apparent, even so soon after you'd met him, that Hugo is a man of very centered focus. That is to say, once he's focused on one thing, the others fall out of focus.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Tourmaline awkwardly sat on the sidelines, trying not to make eye contact with either of them-- with Kassandra, cause she was pretty Tourmaline would drop dead if she looked into her eyes, and with Hugo because she didn't want to receive any more attention from this flirtatious human being than she'd already gotten.

Tourmaline would've liked to leave, except that she had promised to pay both of these people's tabs. Instead, she just signaled the barkeep to keep drinks a-coming to her.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:25 am

Aaaaand now it was all clearer to Kassandra. The way Hugo went from sheepishly trying to ask her out to outright trying to bed her was a put off to her. Once again, it could be due to growing up with essencially one other kid, but she had developed and eye for the more meek kind of men, the ones that are kind and bashful, yet in need of protection, although that might just be her protective instinct talking. For a moment it seemed that Hugo was going in that direction, but his so-called 'boost of confidence' made her make up his mind.

And now he was assuming things about her? The nerve!

Luckily for her, turns out a certain someone was feeling mischievous. He usually didn't mingle with Kassandra's business if they were in a very public location, and if he wasn't called forth, but a chance to wipe someone's smug smile? Trebax was definitely couldn't waste it. While she was groaning at Hugo's advances, the Incantus decided to be sneaky, and from underneath, his snout came out from her cloak. With a quick and low growl, a small puff of smoke and sparks went towards Hugo's foot, attempt to start a small fire. Once the puff came out, Trebax quickly retreated to the cloak and disappeared.

Kassandra had no idea he did that, given how she was too busy glaring at Hugo silently.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:25 am

He was about to continue, trying to break up the awkward silence, when he noticed the smoldering hole in his shoe. In a small panic, he rubbed it out with his other shoe, but it was a rather tenacious burn, and it took a bit of swearing and kicking to get right and properly out. In the mean time, he had made a good and proper fool of himself, shifting about and halfway shouting, halfway whispering a number of swears.

When he had the providence to turn back around and face Kassandra again, he smiled, and tried play it off with a bit of wordplay. "Is it a little hot in here or is it just me, because my shoe was a little on fire there." It didn't really work. Ever tenacious, he continued, trying to turn a new leaf. "You know, Kassandra, forgive me if I'm wrong, but you seem like a bit of an animal person to me. Do you keep any pets?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:32 pm