Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Tears for Fears [Mine]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Tears for Fears [Mine] - Page 2 Empty Re: Tears for Fears [Mine]

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:05 am

The baby hawk would let out another small caw as it hopped back and started flapping its wings. It would hover just towards Mine's face before vanishing into a haze of glowing light.

Richard visibly relaxed as Mine did. He was relieved to have distracted her a bit. He offered a small smile as she asked about magic.

"Yes," Richard said. "What you saw is called a sending. I make them out of marks and shape them into whatever being I like. But I can do other stuff too."

Mine would see more light on the ground as a glyph of white formed. From it, an icy glass sheet sprouted in several directions before rising upwards and creating a tall stalk of what looked like forget-me-nots carved solely out of ice. If Mine tried to touch it, it would disperse into a small mist.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:15 am

"Uwaaaahhh." Mine flinched slightly as the bird suddenly disappeared, but was fascinated all the same. She let out a small sniffle, but managed a tiny smile as Richard explained what that was. None of it made sense of course, but it was magic!!!

"Can you teach me?" She beamed, trying to touch the flower ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. When it dispersed, Mine made a face and tried to catch the mist to no avail. A small sigh escaped her lips, her ear twitching in irritation. "I want one." She huffed, her eyes glancing up towards Richard's for a moment.

The moment their eyes would meet though, her eyes would shoot right back down to the ground. "I-I-I mean you don't have to! Sorrydon'tbemadplease!" She scooted away a tiny bit as she spoke, her gaze beginning to shift in different directions again.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:30 am

At this, the girl would actually hear Richard break into a small laugh. It was faint, and somewhat raspy, as if it was something he didn't do quite too often.

"I'm afraid I can't teach you magic," he said. "But if you want an ice flower, I suppose I can..."

He trailed off as he raised his hand. Several marks came forth and a glyph appeared on the floor. A single stalk of ice started growing upwards. Ice layers would form, changing the opacity of the leaves and the petals with the petals taking on a white color and the leaves remaining transparent. A single glass magnolia bloom emerged from the stalk of ice, allowing Mine to take it.

"Don't worry," Richard reassured. "It's only a little cold to touch. And it won't melt right away either."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:46 am

Mine's cheeks puffed out at his next words. "Uweeh? Why not?" That would be so cool! She could learn a bunch of spells and keep Shio safe...and...Shio....

His next words snapped her out of the beginning stages of her next panic attack. He casted another spell and suddenly, an ice flower appeared right in front of her eyes. She smiled wide, glancing again at Richard before slowly reaching out to grab the flower.

Suddenly, she'd freeze. Her eyes would whip to the side, her ears beginning to twitch. Richard would see her chest start to heave. Gingerly, she reached out grabbing the flower and placing it in her pouch. She took a breath, glancing at Richard once again. There was a clear fear on her face.

The next second, he found out why.

A tongue suddenly shot out from behind a nearby bush. Mine kicked off the ground, trying to jump back. The tongue, suddenly arched up after her and wrapped around her leg. Then, as quick is came out, the tongue began to scoot back, dragging a screaming Mine with it. If Richard didn't do something soon, Mine would disappear into the forest.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am

Richard had started smiling widely upon seeing Mine pleased with the result. It faded as quick as Mine's, however, as he noticed her panic. Just a few seconds after Mine picked up on the sound, Richard did as well.

His eyes widened as a tongue grabbed Mine and was dragging her. It was clear what it was. If Mine was looking at him, she'd notice his soft eyes turn hard, the light blue shifting to a steely expression as he gritted his teeth.

In an instant, Richard dashed to be perpendicular to the tongue. He pulled out his revolver, casting a small spell before firing a shot at it that would cleanly cut the tongue in a straight line if true.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:14 am

The bullet ended up striking true, but not dead on. The bullet tore through the bottom of the tongue, but did not fully sever it. There was a splash of blood and an odd rumbling sound as the tongue jerked upwards. Mine would find herself being flung high up in the air. She let out yet another scream as she looked at the ground far below her. There was nothing to grab and nothing to break her fall...This was really going to hurt...

The tongue began to retreat once more, the injured portion still visible. Meanwhile as Mine fell, she shakily took out her small crossbow and prepped for a hard fall.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:00 pm

Richard didn't even flinch as the blood spattered in all directions. He gritted his teeth when it didn't completely sever. He was going to shoot again when Mine was being tossed in the air. There was no question in his priorities.

As Mine fell, she'd feel arms wrap around her.

"Don't let go," Richard said. His voice low and holding a thread of anger in it. How he had appeared mid-air was hard to say, but as they were heading down, he could see the tongue retreating.

Richard would shift his weight. A glyph would turn him and Mine upright and allow Richard to land on his feet with Mine still in his arms. He'd set her down swiftly, but gently, before raising a hand at her.

"Stay here."

He'd dash forward to where the tongue had retreated, his gun up high.

The one time he didn't bring his sword.

He was soooooo telling off Glas and Delilah for confiscating his weapon.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:21 pm

Mine was sobbing pretty heavily by the time Richard caught her. She latched onto him quite tightly and damn near needed to be pried off when they landed. She nodded furiously as he told her to wait.

Still as he ran off, she began to shakily click the pieces of her crossbow together. It would take her a bit, especially with how bad her shaking was...But she couldn't do NOTHING.

Meanwhile as Richard chased after the tongue, he'd suddenly hear a hissing noise. Out from the bush would shoot a poisonous gas that drifted towards him quite quickly. The next moment, a large toad like creature hopped out, clearing over him and cutting him off from an escape. It turned, croaking loudly before trying to slam him into the gas itself.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:10 pm

Richard had his back to the Toadstool once it leapt in front of the exit. As the Toadstool let out its deathly gasp, he stomped his foot on the ground and a wall of ice instantly shot up blocking him from the gas. The hand holding his gun quickly lifted his kerchief to cover his nose and mouth.

As he turned, the ice wall would shatter and he'd use his spare hand to cast another glyph, much larger this time.

Without warning, giant sharp spikes of ice would emerge from underneath the Toadstool, piercing through its body from the bottom and out through the top. Once it did, it would shatter within the Toadstool, hoping to tear its flesh into bits and eviscerate it from the inside and outward.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:26 am

Mine slid her goggles down as she worked, occasionally glancing up at the chaos before her. She had to hurry! She couldn't do nothing! The nice man was in danger! If he died she'd be all alone fighting this horrible beast! She didn't want that at all!!!! She resumed piecing her crossbow together with gusto. Almost done...

The Toad stopped in its tracks as the ground rumbled beneath it. It almost seemed to know an attack was coming. Its legs tensed up, indicating it was about to up and jump up and over the attack. Just then, a large bolt grazed the side of its legs, making it flinch. That small mistake costed the beast its life. Ice shot through it, tearing through it. As the ice shattered, the toad was completely eviscerated, bits of its inside leaking out of the several knew holes in its body. Slowly, it began to relax, the life leaving it.

Just then, a second bolt would piece its eye. A great shot, but a useless one all the same. "D-did I get it?" A small voice squeaked out. If Richard looked over, he's see Mine, now holding a rather large crossbow...a bit too large actually, as she seemed to be struggling to move with it. "D-did I kill it?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content