A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

House of Memories [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

House of Memories [Closed] - Page 6 Empty Re: House of Memories [Closed]

Post by Lilac on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:44 pm

Liseran's face practically turned maroon at Valen's first remark.

"Th-the only pervert around here is you!" Liseran said. She scowled as she jabbed a finger into Valen's chest. "Tu es un idiot!"

Valen surprisingly turned and got huffy when he defended himself by saying he wasn't planning to help. Liseran arched an eyebrow but quickly returned to being mad herself.

"Y-you and your obsession with stories!" she scoffed. "These are real people at stake, not characters in a book!"

The girl drew out a long breath and turned away.

"Well, if you're not going to help, you won't have to worry about me then. Feel content to send those vegetables on their way and--"

"Here are the supplies!" the farmer's wife said as she came around. She had a basket ready and placed it in Valen's hand. "The letter mentioned it would be using credit, so I guess no cash will be needed."

"And you don't have to worry about investigating, young miss," the farmer said as he came up. "We appreciate the help but we'll be fine for now. Besides, not much folk like farmers and servants can do, right?"

"B-but--"

The farmer merely smiled and raised a hand.

"If you ever run into the folk that used to be in the Veiller manor, give them our regards," he said. "They were really kind to us. We'd like not to burden their estate."

Liseran let out a small sigh as she put her hood back up.

"I...very well," she said. "Thank you for your help."

Now that Valen had his supplies, he'd notice there were still a few things on the list that he'd need from the town proper. Liseran, meanwhile, was starting to walk uphill.

Liseran looked at Valen, frowning.

"So where are you heading now?" she said.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

House of Memories [Closed] - Page 6 Tumblr_ncmr4jp0921swxxv6o1_1280
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:55 pm

Valen had also started up the hill but stopped a few feet away from Liseran. He stared blankly at Liseran before glancing to the side.

"I'll be here looking for that wheel cap a little longer," Valen stated, although he had his back to a tree and he didn't seem in a hurry to move around. His foot lazily kicked a rock to flip it over. "Not here," he said in deathly unmotivated monotone.

Liseran might notice something different about the odd hermit before her. Like the fact he was standing by a tree that would hide him from view from the farm. Or more prominently, the absence of a dark shadow below his feet.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:28 pm

Liseran was about to abandon Valen and set off on her own, but she'd notice the lack of his shadow. Her cheeks puffed up. She made a motion to step towards him but refrained, instead choosing to go across him on the path.

"Hmph, I'll check over here then," she declared, looking at the ground beneath her.

If Fable crept into the house and to the girl's bedroom, he'd notice nothing necessarily amiss. The girl's bed hadn't been made, but there hadn't been any sign of struggle to it. Rather, the sheets just looked like she had tossed them aside in a hurry. The girl's wardrobe remained untouched and a bag had been slung on a hook on the wall. The only sign of exit, an open window, also showed no traces of forced entry. There were, however, impressions of footprints on the ledge and, if he expected the bushes below, a few broken twigs and branches not easily apparent from above.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:01 pm

Shadows seemed to flit across the room, flying around and about before flying out the window and raising through the grass. In minutes, a dark puddle formed under Valen's feet.

"So?" Valen asked, seemingly to no one in particular.

"Boring," came a response below his feet. "Found the wheel cap by the way."

A wooden cap flew up from the ground and and Valen caught it in the air.

"Alright," Valen nodded simply and started walking in the direction of the market.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:40 pm

Liseran watched as Valen started talking off. Puffing her cheeks, she rushed after him.

"H-hey! W-wait for me, will you?"

Valen would find himself back where the cabbage cart was, but find no trace of the man. The cart was still there, but wheel had fallen off again. Cabbages were rolling out of it, and the cart was almost tilting on its side.

"W-what happened?" Liseran said as she rushed over to the cart.

There was no trace of the man either, but there were footprints heading into town.

If Valen expected things closer, he'd notice something akin to slash marks on the side of the cart.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:10 am

Valen observed the scene calmly. The slash marks caught his eye and he hummed under his breath. He dropped the wheelcap to the ground and hastily jogged in the direction of the footsteps without a word.

"Go back to the house!" he barked at Liseran.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:42 pm

"H-hah? Hey! Wait for me!" Liseran called out as Valen sped off.

As Valen went up ahead, he'd notice that the trails would drag off of the road to the side and into the nearby forests. However, by the time they reached the forest, there was no trace of movement or anyone having come by recently. Valen would, however, find torn fabric similar to the shirt the carter had been wearing earlier.

From behind Valen would come a panting sound. Liseran had just caught up with him, her hood down, and her face red.

"What...happened...? Why did you run?" she said, trying to take gasps of air.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire on Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:12 pm

Valen slowed to a stop as the trail started to disappear. He looked about the scene but saw nothing of note until he found the torn fabric. He picked it up and stared at it thoughtfully before Liseran came up behind him. With his back turned to her, he stuffed the cloth into his vest pocket and turned.

"Nothing. Just had a hunch feeling is all."

He raised the bag and looked through it, making sure nothing got damaged during his jog.

"For that matter, why are you still hanging around me?" Valen asked out loud. "Even Fable leaves me alone for a few minutes. You're essentially clingier than my shadow. I thought you wanted to be alone?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:31 am

Valen would find several paper bills, a bag of denars, and credit slips to one pocket of the bag. In another were a series of vials, an apple, some cheese, and jerky. When he looked up at Liseran, her hands were clasped together and her head hung low.

"Nnnn...I-I'm not being clingy!" Liseran defended.

Her blue eyes shifted to the side as her face began to redden.

"I just...I just..."

Both of them would hear the rustling of the bushes, and at this, Liseran squeaked and clung to Valen's back again.

"A-agh, vampire!" she squeaked, clutching Valen's arm closely. She was hugging Valen so tight that he'd actually feel her trembling.

From the bushes, a small rabbit came out.

*squeak*

"..."

Liseran looked at the rabbit and then at Valen. As her face got redder, she quickly let go of him and looked away.

"I'M NOT SCARED!" she yelled, her shoulders tense. "A-anyways, a-are you going to tell what happened or not?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:32 am

".... hard."

Valen muttered as Liseran let go. He glanced at her then his gaze went down to her chest before looking away.

"Hard," he repeated himself before walking away.

"Go back to the house and keep Remi company," Valen stated, suddenly changing the subject. "I'll need to investigate more."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:40 pm