A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren] Empty I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren]

Post by Lilac on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Takes place after Bleed Magic

It was odd how only a week ago, Dorrance sat next to Ren, staring intently at her sleeping figure. Then, she had been filled with an odd curiosity. She remembered how pretty and peaceful Ren looked lying on the chaise. Not to give the wrong idea, Ren was stunning even now, resting deep in the sheets of the master bedroom, but now Dorrance stared at her in a grave vigil.

The girl's soft features seemed to have hardened. Her eyes showed dark lines, as if having been up for several nights. Her hair usually combed and delicately curled, frayed and frizzed at the top of her head.

It was a close call, that night.

When that vampire fed on Ren, it was almost sure Ren would be a goner. Despite Dorrance's actions, Ren had been asleep for quite some time. She was alive, but whether or not she'd come to was an entirely other story.

"Milady?" a voice called from behind.

Dorrance turned and noticed Viola in the doorway. She had a trolley with what looked like two meals and water.

"I supposed dinner would take place up here again?"

"Ah...yes, you're right," she murmured. ]"Just...leave it here."

Viola was quiet for a moment, but then made a small bow.

"I..shall go then."

With that, Viola walked out of the room. Dorrance rested her arms against the bed, rubbing Ren's arm gently.

"Sleeping in today again, my darling?" Dorrance said to Ren, forcing a smile. "You must be really tired, huh?"

Despite herself, Dorrance's eyes welled with tears and she grasped Ren's arm, taking her hand and kissing it repeatedly.

"Oh, Ren..."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren] Tumblr_ncmr4jp0921swxxv6o1_1280
    KitKet
    KitKet

I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren] Empty Re: I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren]

Post by KitKet on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:13 pm

Ren had been dreaming so many things throughout the past week. Memories, dreams and nightmares had all mixed into a red haze that had taken her consciousness. She seemed to drift in and out of lucidity in these dreams. Briefly, she thought she died. These dreams, they felt like they had both lasted an eternity and an instant. By the time she neared the surface of these twisting memories, what caused her to drift into that state had been all but forgotten.

Oddly enough, it was a familiar warmth and an equally familiar voice that called her back.

Dorrance would see a small twitch come from Ren. She sighed, muttering in her sleep for a few moments. Slowly, her eyes would flutter open. Ren looked dazed, confused even. Ren's own mind was trying to play catchup. The events of last week, followed by the slumber and her own dreams had seemingly mixed everything up. Sensations began to return. Its like her own body was remembering to live. The thought made Ren laugh. She..somehow didn't seem to be aware of anything yet.

She heard crickets chirping outside...They were loud tonight. The wind blowing through the trees, the rustling of the bushes...It was almost annoying. There was a scent wafting through the air too. Food and perfume? It was familiar. Ren blinked again, and again, and again. Dorrance, as she watched, would see the shining emerald pools she was so used to begin to almost dilute. It was like a drop of blood hit Ren's iris, slowly pooling around until her eyes shone like rubies. Finally, her breath hitched in her throat, she let out a harsh cough, now trying to catch a breath she didn't know she had lost.

She fell back, her body relaxing, almost as if she had already forgotten the whole ordeal. With clarity she looked over towards Dorrance. Despite her own grogginess, Ren seemed to brighten. "Dorrance, my love..." She reached out, cupping her cheek. "I missed you." The words slipped out of her mouth before she could think about what she was saying. "I'm cold...You should come back to..." A wave of confusion hit her for a moment and she trailed off. She looked around, she was forgetting something...Right? "Wait...Somethings..." Before she could think on it, she began to grow very aware of an emptiness inside of her. More than just in her stomach, it was everything. She felt almost hollow. Her hand drifted to Dorrance's shoulder, almost trying to steady herself. "...Did I miss breakfast and lunch today? I feel a little lightheaded..." She muttered, letting out a small laugh. She blinked again, finally noticing Dorrance's state. "Dorrance! Are you alright?" She began to push herself up, now reaching out for her. How had she not noticed this before! Where was her mind at!?!?!?
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:23 am

Before Ren could fully get up, Dorrance leapt forward, embracing her tight and pretty much pinning the bard back into the sheets and pillows.

"Ren, oh my goodness! You're okay!" she said as she held her tight. The young lady would nestle close to her shoulders and Ren would be able to feel hot tears make contact with her skin. When Ren asked if she was okay, she looked up, still teary-eyed, but her face lit with overwhelming joy.

"Yes, yes, I'm *sniff* I'm fine!" she said as she stroked Ren's hair and wiped her eyes. "I just lacked a little sleep, is all! You said you're hungry? I-I have food here for you and--*sniff*--I just need to get it ready."

Dorrance raised her eyes to look at Ren's and paused for a moment, noticing the change in the color of her eyes. She then quickly shook her head, however, and pulled the trolley to the bedside, and hastily poured Ren would looked like a crimson wine.

"Here, drink this, love," she said. "It should warm you right up. I have some soup here, too, and some bread, and meat. But you need to stay in bed and not strain yourself okay?"

Dorrance would hand the glass over to Ren, but then take it back, deciding instead to lean Ren down and tilt the glass  up to her lips.

"Just let me take care of you for the meantime, alright, deary?"

If Ren took in the wine, she'd notice that along with its sweet taste, there was savory, almost metallic taste to it. She'd also notice that it was a lot more pulpy than others, and almost syrupy. Regardless of the different taste, she'd find it quite appealing, and even work up her appetite more.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:05 am

Ren was quite surprised as Dorrance practically tackled her. Her mind was still swimming, but she happily returned the embrace, holding her tightly. Dorrance seemed relieved about something...Ren had no time to wonder why, she felt her tears and immediately held her tighter. "Oh my love, why are you crying?" Her eyes searched Dorrance's as she pulled back, a deep frown on her face. "Did I upset you?....Was I.." Her face scrunched up again as Dorrance pulled up a cart.

There was a smell in the air that made Ren almost start salivating. Dorrance would see Ren fall silent as her eyes swept over the cart. They settled on the wine as it was being poured. Ren was quick to snap out of her fixation as Dorrance leaned her down and put the glass to her lips. Her eyes widened and a look of delight shot across her face as the taste hit her tongue. It was an odd texture, and normally she HATED pulp. This however, she practically guzzled down, almost following the glass as it was pulled away. Briefly, she felt that hollowness inside fill just a little. She felt a little warmer too. "Do you have more?" Her eyes snapped up to Dorrance, her expression bright. There was a hint of need in her voice that she only realized after she had spoken. She had never NEEDED wine or spirits before...

Was she becoming an alcoholic?

"Wait wait..." Ren shook her head, idly bringing a hand up and scratching the side of her head in almost agitation. "I'm forgetting something right? Was I sick? I'm really cold....b-but I feel better I think! Dorrance, there's no need to fret over me so." She giggled, reaching out to take Dorrance's hand. Still, she made no real moves to get out of bed. Despite her words she DID feel cold. Her eyes went to the wine briefly, lingering a few seconds longer before she snapped herself back. "Did something happen?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:44 pm

The more Ren asked her questions, the more Dorrance's eyes shifted around. She was smiling, but there was definitely a nervousness about her.

"Well, I mean...you definitely have been not yourself lately..." she said vaguely. "You've been...ill! That's right, ill! You passed out a week back and you've been falling in and out of sleep. My books suggested that it was err..consumption! But you said you're feeling better now so..."

Dorrance sighed and smiled at her. Her nervousness faded and she reached out to caress Ren's face.

"I'm just really glad you're alright, my love..."

Dorrance had also been keeping tabs on Ren's attention to the drink. Her suspicions had been correct then. She'd pour some more of the odd liquid into Ren's glass.

"Anyways, I can explain it all later when you've finished your meal," she said. "I have some food here too, if you'd like."

From her research, the books did say that Ren would definitely be able to eat and feel satiated by food, though the drink was more important for her vitality. Perhaps it could help stomp her cravings. Dorrance had decided to go an interesting route about this with a cooking compromise. Viola had definitely been suspicious when Dorrance started messing around in the kitchen, but she said nothing.

Ren would be presented a vibrant red stew with vegetables and beef cuts to which Dorrance would take a spoonful up and raise to her mouth.

"Now come, let me spoil you and just nurse you to health for now, alright?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:19 pm

Ren watched Dorrance carefully as she spoke. She seemed nervous about something, which wasn't good...Her eyes narrowed and a small frown appeared on her face. "..I was worse than that huh?" She reached up, pressing Dorrance's warm hand against her cheek and closing her eyes. "I really worried you." She felt horrible. There was an obligation she felt towards Dorrance. A promise she'd forgotten but felt. Her nightmares were vivid, but Dorrance had always been a constant. She felt closer to her than ever, which meant hurting her like this was shattering Ren's heart.

"I-I'll make this up to you I promise." She spoke earnestly, her eyes gazing into Dorrance's. Then, Dorrance spoke once more, saying how glad she was that she was alright.

And then calling her 'my love'

She would see Ren's eyes widen, her grip briefly tightening on Dorrance's hand. Fairly quickly, Dorrance would feel a heat rise beneath her fingers. Ren was quickly turning pink. "Dorrance..." She didn't really know what to say. It was so sudden...She...She must've really been in a bad way. "Y-you said..." Shit, she shouldn't be pointing it out! What was she, stupid!? "U-um...never mind." She glanced to the side, squirming a little. She'd wait for a more opportune time...

As the food was presented, Ren's eyes snapped to it almost immediately. There was an intensity to her focus that just normally didn't exist. It smelled good. The wine, the stew. She could hardly wait. "Yeah..." She muttered, her mouth opening obediently. Suddenly, though, her mouth would snap shut. She seemed to be barely holding herself back. "You made this right?" She'd nearly died and couldn't remember anything. Perhaps Viola made a move? Her teeth ground together at the thought. Her and Dorrance were close, close enough that hurting her would hurt Dorrance as well...Yet...

She would pay if this was her doing.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:07 am

"Oh, no, no, no, Ren," Dorrance said stroking Ren's face reassuringly, still smiling behind tears. "Just you being awake is more than enough...I'm just really glad you're okay. What you can do for me is recover and it'll be alright, dear."

She noticed Ren react a little more than embarrassed when she called her "love" to which Dorrance's eyes widened when she almost pointed it out. Dorrance's own face flashed red.

Oh no...that's right! She doesn't remember!

Dorrance felt utterly embarrassed, but moreover, she felt a little sad. She had been so happy when she and Ren had told one another that they loved each other, and now that she didn't remember the events at all at the Duke's manor, she had to hold back again. Even more concerning...

What if Ren didn't feel that way anymore?

Dorrance pushed back the thought. That didn't matter right now. What mattered that Ren was alive and she was going to get better!

Fortunately, Ren diverted the topic and asked if Dorrance made the food. Covering her mouth in embarrassment, she nodded.

"A-ah...y-yes. I had to mix it with herbs and whatnot, so I couldn't let Viola be the one to do it as she could get the doses wrong," she said. And then giggling a little nervously, "I mean, if she got it wrong, it could be harmful to you, you know? Even kill you!"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:16 am

Ren seemed to relax at Dorrance's reassurances, sighing lightly as Dorrance stroked her face. "Okay...Thank you Dorrance." She smiled in return, wanting to do nothing more than kiss her...Before that though. "Is..consumption contagious? Should I be careful?" She, honestly didn't know how many diseases worked. It would be a shame if she ended up getting Dorrance sick!

Dorrance would notice Ren fully relax as she said that SHE made her meal. Thank the Gods..."I'm sure it's going to be fantastic then~" She beamed. "I don't know what you put on it, but it smells amazing!" Honestly, it began to look like she was really holding herself back. She let another moment pass before looking up at Dorrance MORE than a bit nervously. "J-just don't let Viola kill me okay?" While it seemed to be a joke, there was a little bit of fear hidden in her voice.

But just like that it was gone as she looked out over the food, her eyes shining red once more.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:42 am

"Ooohhh, uhh...! No! I made sure your illness wasn't contagious to me!" Dorrance said. "Everything is absolutely fine."

It didn't matter that consumption was about one of the most contagious things ever, Dorrance couldn't have Ren stressed out. There was no saying just how much stress could affect her...condition. Father's books only went so far in terms of rumors, after all.

Ren also voiced her concern about Viola killing her, to which Dorrance managed to giggle.

"Oh, silly! Of course not! That's not possible!"

...literally.

Seeing how eager was to get a hold of the food, Dorrance proceeded to feed her the first bite. Much like with the wine, Ren would feel a hunger pang spike up and her appetite being egged on by the flavor of the thick stew-like substance.

"H-how is it?" Dorrance said nervously. "I-it's not too salty or anything?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:02 am

Oh thank the Gods..." Ren muttered, still staring at the food. "I was worried I'd have to hold off on kissing you for awhile...It's all I've wanted to do." It seemed her little trance was making her QUITE the honest woman.

"Mm....That's good." She whispered. Thankfully she didn't go further into her worries about Viola. Even now she knew better than to point an accusatory finger at Dorrance's trusted servant. Finally, she was fed another spoonful. There was a look of delight on Ren's face as soon as the food hit her tongue, without thinking, Ren reached out holding Dorrance's wrist firmly as the spoon was beginning to be taken away. Of course, there was nothing more to be had on the spoon itself. Ren's eyes widened and she let Dorrance's hand go. "I-I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me." Thankfully her grip had been tight, but not painful. A concerned look crossed over Ren's face all the same. She felt like she was getting hungrier. "I guess that means...I really like it huh?" She giggled despite herself. She needed to have better control...She didn't know why she was acting like this, though. "Can I have more please?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:47 pm