Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

4 posters

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first] - Page 4 Empty Re: Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first]

Post by Lilac Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:22 am

"Can't look. Shouldn't look. Can't look. Shouldn't--AHHHHH!"

Claes shrieked as the crow's nest shook. She tried to cling onto it tightly, her eyes widening for a brief second.

"OH MY GOD THIS IS IT! I'M GOING TO DIIIIEEEEE!" she yelled before closing her eyes again.

Her whole body shook. Tears started forming in her eyes and her teeth ground against one another. It was then that Kiara was trying to pry her off. Claes resisted.

"No! Don't touch me!" she yelled shakily. "I-I'll fall!"

Kiara proved a little stronger than Claes would have wanted though, and, as if by instinct, she started to cling onto Kiara instead of the pole. At this point, Claes didn't even register it was Kiara at this point. She just knew SOMEONE was there and was going to bring her down.

"P-please don't let me fall..." she yelled as she buried her head into the girl's chest.

"Claes. Claes, I need you to focus."

The voice was low and calm, much like Kiara's own tone had been.

"It'll be okay, alright? If you just take my hand, I'll--"

Claes felt herself fall. A brief image of the sky whirling around her, the feeling of rough branches scratching her, and then a steady thump as she landed in firm arms. Claes opened her eyes, seeing the blurry vision of someone with faint blonde hair wearing a brown vest with a yellow tie. The more she focused though, the image got shorter, the hair more unruly, and face that of Kiara's.

Claes realized she was lying on the floor next to her and that Kiara had basically landed against the wooden fall to soften her own blow.

"K-kiara!" she yelled, becoming lucid.

She'd inch over her, a healing glyph ready in her hand.

"Oh my god! Are you okay? Where's Goibniu? What happened?"
    Silverion
    Silverion

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first] - Page 4 Empty Re: Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first]

Post by Silverion Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:35 am

A small, annoyed grunt was heard from Tuirbe, as the sailorman decided that instead of correcting himself and address him with more respect, he merely dismissed him and urged him to not bring shame to the Enkidu. As if the Emperor's lineage did not bring enough shame, they now felt the need to act as if they were more refined than him? But Tuirbe knew that it would only be a matter of time, that soon the great nation of Sakigake would remember what it truly means to have pride. Until then, he was not going to waste his breath on a lowlife that was clearly too thickheaded to understand his position in life. "You are no master of mine, sailor. I will take my leave now." He replied, and with an annoyed huff, he turned around and walked out of the engine room.

-----

Luckily, Kiara managed to dispel the effect, returning the Enkidu back to normal. Goibniu did a sudden jolt as he regained complete unrestrained movement, a smile appearing on his face. "Oh wow, it sure feels great to not be so stiff again! Cadet, you ought to warn me next time you will do something like that!" But before he could keep going, a sudden commotion caused concern among Claes and Kiara. "Oh no, what is happening?" He asked Osamuugi as next to him, the more experienced woman was reduced into being a little girl thanks to the surprise.

"Huh? Officer, what's the matter?" He asked Claes, as she held onto the crow's nest as hard as she could, with Kiara trying to pry her off. "The Officer doesn't look so good. Cadet Ferro, we gotta-" He began, but was quickly cut by the shouts of Jinn urging them to get down. Something which Kiara complied without a question, her words leaving Goibniu with a stray "What?"

Seeing that she left him all on his own, Goibniu needed to find his own way to get down fast. And as he looked under the nest, the series of ropes all around him gave him the idea. "Apologies friend, but we must depart! A pleasure to meet you!" He said, giving Osamuugi a small bow, which hopefully he would understand, and then turned around to grab one of the ropes with his right hand. Quickly, the Enkidu jumped down, sliding his way downward at a rapid velocity, enough to reach the two girls just as soon as Claes began inquiring about him. "I'm here Officer!" He said, as he let the rope go, the momentum causing him to roll on the boat's floor, until he managed to compose himself, standing on one knee. "Phew! That was exhilarating."
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:33 pm

"Keeyah!" Osamuugi exclaimed with worry as the foreigners made a sudden dropdown. He hastily pulled his chain free and started running down, darting down the rope ladder as nimbly as one would on flat ground.

Goibniu seemed pleased with his landing and ready to address his superior, but he was immediately greeted with the furious face of the man that was with Jinn. Unlike the trimmed and groomed curls of Goibniu's moustache, the man before him had wild and spiking white facial hair. His gnashing scowl was filled with rows of sharp teeth, his eyes yellow and wild with fury.

He was barking something at Goibniu, not even bothering to check if the girls that had tumbled onto the deck were alright. His voice was mixed with the growls and gurgles of a carnivorous beast. His spotted tail was long, thin, and fuzzy, wagging, but unlike canines it didn't seem to be a sign of particular happiness.

He kept on barking something rapidly in the enkidu language, pointing up at the crow's nest accusingly.

"Wait, wait, wait, please hold on! Chotto dengdai` kudasai!" Jinn got in front of Goibniu, spreading his arms out as if acting as a shield. "Leng jing, Umitano-dono!"

He turned around and looked between his colleagues in panic.

"Oi oi, what were you two thinking!?" he exclaimed hastily . "It's one thing for the cadet to climb up there on her own, but all three of you??"

Jinn pointed a finger up at the crow's nest, which was no tilted and wobbled with the bob of the waves.

"The nest is only adjusted to carry one or two people at most!" he explained. "If they reinforced it too much, the weight would make it dangerously top-heavy so it has a strict upper-limit!"

The furious man barked something at Jinn who spun around and hastily tried to speak back in the same language to calm the man down.

"This is Captain Umitano," Jinn stated, spinning back around. "And you just caused a vital part of his ship to break! He wants you all thrown overboard!"

Jinn spun back around and waved his arms in panic as he continued trying to defuse the angered captain.

As the senior officer was preoccupied with this, Osamuugi had made his way down and was racing to the girl, running on his toes and knuckles hurriedly.

"Keeyah! Ojousan!" he called out, squatting beside them. "Daijoubu desu ka??"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:52 pm

Kiara's head had hit the deck PRETTY hard as they fell. She really didn't mind, a little pain was fine so as long it wasn't for nothing. Still, the next several seconds of her life were gone as the cadet had seemingly knocked herself out. As Claes asked her questions and hovered over her, she'd get no response from the cadet. Instead, Kiara was limp, letting out a tiny groan.

As the situation escalated, Kiara twitched slightly. Her eyes fluttered open as she saw Claes and Osamugi hovering over her. Jinn and some other guy were shouting and Goibniu was there too.

She rubbed her aching head, trying to prop herself up on her elbow. "W-" As she opened her mouth, blood suddenly poured from it. She looked down in shock before slowly opening her mouth once more. Gingerly she reached a finger in and felt around, suddenly twitching a pulling her finger out, now coated in blood. She made a small face, clapping her hands around her mouth and trying to shuffle slightly away from everyone. They...probably wouldn't want to see what she was gonna have to do to fix this one...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:28 pm

It wasn't long before Goibniu descended from up top.

"McCrae, what happened?" Claes asked, though, seeing Kiara not responding, that had become her new priority.

She leaned close to the girl lying on the floor and gave her a small shake.

"Kiara?" she repeated.

Claes didn't have time to see Kiara's response because now Officer Jinn and a very angry captain was telling them about how they had broken the crow's nest and--

Crow's nest?

Claes looked above and recalled what had happened the moment she had gotten up there.

...shit.

AHHHHHHHHH.

Claes' face turned bright red and she instantly gave a bow so sharp she was practically at a ninety-degree angle.

"O-oh my goodness! We're so sorry!" Claes said. Though, she wasn't exactly blushing because of the damage but something else. "We should have known in advanced about how delicate the structure was. We will be more than happy to have the damage compensated and--"

Then the Enkidu from the crow's nest came about and started asking how she and Kiara was. Everything was happening too fast. And where had Kiara gone? The ground where she had been laying was gone. Though now she could see Kiara shuffling.

Straightening up, Claes exclaimed, "Kiara, are you okay? Where are you going?"

Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:45 am

"Oh? Well, apparently-" Goibniu began talking, when suddenly a new presence made itself known to the trio. A rather large and burly man came up to him, and began yelling at Goibniu in a way that made the Enkidu not understand him at all. It was clear that he was mad, as well as how his words were rather worrying, considering how Jinn wasn't looking so confident as well. Oh, Jinn is there! But Goibniu couldn't greet him right there, as he was busy looking confused and rather worried by the man's unknown words.

Thankfully, Jinn managed to translate the intent behind the man's words, showing that they indeed committed a goof of a major scale. "Oh no! Was it really that delicate? We had no idea!" He said, as Claes began to apologize profoundly over such a mistake. Goibniu began sweat a bit as he was worried about the prospect of being thrown overboard alongside with the rest of the team, but fortunately, someone would arrive to his rescue.

"... What is going on?"

Reappearing from his trip at the engine room, Tuirbe made himself manifest, his rather stoic look a contrast to most of the people's alarmed and/or angry expressions. "Godfather, thank god you arrived! The Captain is planning to throw us out of the boat!" Goibniu replied with a concerned tone, causing the older man to curl his eyebrow upwards in intrigue. He was about to ask why he would do that, but a mere look at the crow's nest, followed by the worried looks of Goibniu and Claes, as well as Kiara seemingly making herself sparse, gave Tuirbe enough context to understand what may have happened here.

Giving a disapproving look to Goibniu, Tuirbe turned towards the Captain, meeting his furious eyes with his calmer ones. "On behalf of my godson and his posse, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. In an attempt to mend any broken bridges caused by this incident, I suggest that I and my godson make the attempt to fix the broken structure, or at least make an attempt to stabilize it enough to avoid any further problems it might cause." He said, matching the language of the Captain to try and appease him. Of course, he didn't clarify the proposal to Goibniu, as he knew he would enthusiastically agree with it, and should the Captain refuse, his fervent desire to use his intelligence to make the repairs would only worsen things.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:13 am

Even while being spoken to in his tongue, the captain's furious expression did not abate. He made a big wave with his hand and barked, "AS IF I COULD TRUST A GAIJIN!!"

"Please wait! Please wait!" Jinn tried to intervene. "Friends is sorry! Not know at past!"

"Wait! Captain!"

Somebody else was now interrupting in the enkidu language. In the middle of all of this, the young crewman Osamuugi ran in front of both Jinn and Tuirbe, raising his arms as if shielding all of them.

"Don't blame them, please! It was my fault!" he shouted.

The captain still looked furious, but his breathing started to get lighter.

"I-I just wanted to meet the As-to-al-fa people! I wanted to know Keeyah and her friends more!" Osamuugi exclaimed, standing before his captain while shaking fearfully. "I heard so many things about magic and the As-to-alfa! I wanted to meet them and be friends! Please punish me in their place!"

The captain was glaring furiously the whole time, but slowly and gradually, his stance and breathing slowed and relaxed until..... he still looked beyond pissed off. He cracked his jaw and huffed out before slowly turning around and grumbled lowly, "You're washing the latrines for a week, boyo. And you better get that perch fixed before sunrise tomorrow."

The captain walked away calmly, his footsteps making loud thuds against the wood floor boards.

Osamuugi stood there quivering until he swallowed a mouthful of air and saluted in the captain's direction. "Yes, captain! Understood!"

The young enkidu hastily ran off. He stopped for a bit, looking back at Kiara and the others with a worried expression before quickly running off.

Jinn watched the young lad go with a confused look, scratching his head in wonder before turning to his colleagues.

"Well, we dodged an international incident," Jinn stated, "Look, I'm not blaming you guys or anything, but you should be more careful... Anyway, you all are probably tired. I was told dinner will be ready by sunset so you guys rest till then. The cabins are below deck, so pick a mat and relax."

And then, with three quick strides, Jinn got behind Kiara and placed a hand on her shoulder firmly.

"And don't think I didn't see that young lady," Jinn berated with a stern look. But his expression relaxed while his hold remained steady. "You may be a trainee, but as your superior officer I'm issuing your first official order: take care of yourself better and rest until dinner! Now come on, let's get you below deck so I can patch you up."

Jinn started gently nudging Kiara towards the way to the sleeping quarters, holding her shoulder firmly to keep her steady.

"Well that was quite the spectacle." Monk Qirin suddenly showed up, walking up behind everyone else, his hands still clapped together as if in prayer, his expression unreadable behind his stone mask. "I was wondering what all the shouting was about. Sorry for only watching but I did not know where to intervene. It seems you all had quiet the close-encounter. You're free to rest until supper. The ship's cook has quite the delicacy in store for you all. Or perhaps you may join me for some tea? I have bean snacks I'm sure you'll enjoy."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:13 am

Kiara really didn't have time for everything that was happening at once. A tense situation seemed to be happening while she tried to get herself secluded. She couldn't exactly talk right now given how her tongue was hanging by a thread. She gave a small wave towards Claes, trying to show that she was okay, despite the blood dripping from her mouth.

Of course, before she could really do anything, the situation resolved itself. She had SEVERAL things to say in regards to Jinn coming up to her and giving her orders. She opened her mouth without thinking, trying to speak as blood up and poured out from her mouth. Briefly she considered using her tattoo to fix it...she WAS starting to get lightheaded after all...Would the pain end up making her pass out though?

She gave an almost pleading look to Claes as Jinn suddenly began leading her away. She dared not open her mouth again, but it was clear she was uncomfortable with what was currently happening.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:13 am

The exchanges between the adults were beyond Claes. She could barely understand the language when Osamuugi was trying to communicate slowly, let alone now that everyone was talking rapidfire speech. It made Claes even more uncomfortable when Goibniu's godfather appeared only to get yelled at, too. Suffice to say, the captain wasn't in the best mood. It took Osamuugi to calm the situation and when Jinn gave a "gentle reminder", Claes nodded her head slowly and lowered her eyes.

She was, by all means, mortified. The Chief Commander was not going to like hearing about this. She should have been more careful. She should have done her research and not been carried away. AND SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN COWERING AND CLINGING ONTO A POLE LIKE AN IDIOT!!

Claes' cheeks burned red. She'd bury her face if she could, but her focus quickly returned to Kiara as...the girl started spewing out blood.

"Ki-kiara, what on--"

Claes kept her voice low. It was pretty obvious Kiara didn't want this to get attention. She instead turned to Jinn.

"Corporal Jinn, I can heal her and then assist her down below," she said. She'd then turn to Goibniu.

"Ah, McCrae, can you help me out?" she said. She'd hand him a white handkerchief from her pocket, and lift his hand to the position underneath Kiara's chin. "Kiara, stand still and open your mouth. McCrae will catch anymore bleeding while I heal you."

She'd lift up a finger, glowing Cartic marks revolving in a circle around it.
    Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:06 am

Of course, the kind of answer the Captain gave him was one that threatened his composed look to dissipate. Should Goibniu's father were to be there instead of Tuirbe, he would have most definitely thrown him overboard himself, only to take him to the nearest shore and chastise him for his foolish behavior. But Tuirbe's priorities weren't to give his godson disciplinary noogies, rather it was on being crossed with the Captain for not allowing them to demonstrate the duo's specialty in getting the nest fixed before they even reached shore.

Before he could reply however, some other sailor got inbetween them, explaining that the altercation was caused by his carelessness rather than the officers'. The Captain seemed to be less angry about the reveal, even if he did still look rather angry about it, punishing the sailor with menial tasks. Once the two of them walked away, Goibniu leaned closer to his godfather, a worried look on his face. "What... what's going to happen to him, Godfather?" Tuirbe merely shook his head, his eyesight not leaving the Enkidus. "... One thing's for sure boy, don't get close to that one sailor. Soon his smell might knock you senseless."

Once that was done, Jinn approached the officers to warn them about the necessity of being more careful in this ship. "Y-Yes, Officer Jinn, we will be more careful." Goibniu quickly replied, standing more upright while Tuirbe merely stared at the officer with a neutral, indescribable expression. Of course, he was more concerned about Jinn's words with Kiara, which were more harsh than before. But Claes' calling caught his attention, as he walked up to the two girls and nodded at Claes' words without question. "Alright then. Hang in there Officer Ferro, you'll get better." He assured her, his hand hovering underneath her mouth.

Meanwhile, Tuirbe let out a small sigh, as he turned towards Qirin. "It would appear my godson and his co-workers will be busy. On my behalf, I wouldn't mind accompanying you." If he had to choose between a monk and a group of sailors that were too dim to recognize brilliance even if it came and splashed water on their faces? He'd rather stay closer to the enlightenment, as esoterically boring as it may be, in his honest opinion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 am