A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first]

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first] - Page 3 Empty Re: Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first]

Post by Grimoire on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:29 am

"Kee... yah," the boy mimicked, trying his best to pronounce it. "Keeyah! Keyah!"

The energetic young enkidu hopped in place clapped his hands excitedly.

"Ma jii' ka?"  he said with a quizical tone. "Ma jii' ka desu ka?"

It was then that Claudia and Goibniu made their way up the crow's nest. When they suddenly appeared, the boy yelped.

"Yong ji de!"

He leaped back, hopping onto the raised ledge of the nest and perched on it like a bird. He seemed to be making room as the already enclosed area started to fill up pass the occupancy limit. Despite the haphazard position he was in, he looked firmly steady in his place. He seemed not only agile, but considering his tone but lean muscles, a dedicatingly fit athlete.

He had a scrunched brow as Claudia tried to speak to him, as if he wasn't sure what she was saying. but then he raised his brow and smiled, nodding affirmatively.

"Ku-ra-de-ah," he pronounced slowly. "Go bu nue."

He tapped the fingerknuckles of his right hand to his chest and smiled brightly. "O namae Osamuugi. Ozaruu Osamuugi!"

Then he leaned his with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Majika?" he inquired excitedly. "Majika?"

~~~~~

The grizzled engineer glanced at his unwelcomed visitor with an unamused look. But as he turned around to get back to his work, he muttered out loud, "See if you can find that faulty pipe."

A quick once-over of the room will tell you that was essentially the same as being asked to find a needle in a haysack. Pipes and tubes splintered across the walls and ceiling like a sauna assembled by a spider.

However, there were gauges along the walls with meters of varying measurements. Rather than being individual gauges though, enkidu's work in a system. A pipe that's reading too high might just be making up for a pipe that works much less for example. In order to distinguish the one faulty pipe, it requires some careful observation, analysis, and a little quick calculations to figure which one was not working quite right. Choosing the wrong one might result in making things even worse.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first] - Page 3 Empty Re: Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first]

Post by KitKet on Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:23 am

"Keeyah." Kiara put her hands on her knees at the pure preciousness of the boy in front of her. Keeyah. Still, it was several kinds of annoying that he kept talking at her when she didn't freaking know his language. Its like...he didn't understand her, why would she underst-

Oh magic.

A grin went to her face and she was RIGHT about to show off when Claes suddenly pulled herself up, followed by Goibniu. "Claaaaessss!" She suddenly bounded forward, invading the girl's space and tossing her arms around her dramatically. "I desperately need your help! I can't understand anything this boy is saying, but he keeps talking at me! Only you can save me..."

She blinked, before taking a step back and grinning. "Or, at least that's what I would've said if Officer Goibniu hadn't come up with you." She gave a small shrug. "In fact, officer goibniu here can help me with another problem I'm running into!" She took a step forward, rose her hand high in the air, and clapped it against his shoulder. "Magic." She said, a sparkle in her eyes. Suddenly, Goibniu would start feeling a little itchy. In front of their eyes Goibniu's skin began to harden and turn a brownish color. Within seconds a layer of bark seemed to grow over his skin. He was able to move, but it certainly wouldn't feel comfortable.

After, Kiara slid back and gestured towards the Goibniu with a wide (no teeth) grin. "Magic!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:14 pm

Kiara hadn't used any alteration spell on her, but Claes would definite feel like stone upon hugging. They were a few steps away from the edge, and Claes was almost SURE they were gonna fall off and plummet to their doom.

"Hhhh......ggghhhh....hhhhh..."

Nothing but silent gasps came from Claes' mouth as looked over the edge of the crow's nest. Fortunately, Kiara let her go when the Enkidu started talking. It took a bit for Claes to understand, but "namae" meant name right. So he was...

"A-ah, pleasure to meet you, Mister Ozaruu," Claes said, before hastily bowing and repeating it stiffly in the proper language. "H-Hajimemashite, Ozaruu-san."

She, woozily, finally went to answer Kiara's question.

"A-ah, I'm sorry Kiara, I don't think I know that much Sakijin myself," she said. "I barely know the greetings..."

There was a talk of "Maji" which Kiara took for magic and quickly turned to Goibniu to demonstrate. As weak as she was, Claes managed a nervous smile.

"A-ah...m-maybe ask McCrae next time you...ah..."

Claes felt the TIIIIINIEST gust of wind blow and for some reason she took it for the whole crow's nest swaying when it was actually her own body.

"YOU KNOW! I'm feeling a little...DIZZY right now, I don't care about this at all!" Claes said nervously.

She started laughing a little hysterically and crouched down on the floor, inching towards the crow's next pole and clutching onto it and looking around warily. It was, of course highly unprofessional, but it was either this or start crying for help to make someone get her down.

"I'm gonna wait until everyone's...done talking..." she said as her arms grasped around the pole and her eyes shut.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first] - Page 3 Tumblr_ncmr4jp0921swxxv6o1_1280
    Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:02 am

"Faulty pipe, understood." Tuirbe muttered as he walked closer, getting a much closer look at the room around him. The dismissing nature of the crewman's voice denoted a sense of distrust, not because he didn't want him to handle the intricate mechanisms of the ship, but rather because he felt Tuirbe would be unable to complete the task. And for a moment, the old man was indeed rather stumped, as seeing rather complex machines that were natively Enkidu in nature was not something he saw everyday, even if with own creations back in Esterelf.

However, while it was complex, it was definitely not impossible, as Tuirbe's rather knowledgeable mind began to turn like clockwork. He knew enough of Enkidu tech to understand that, to find something like a faulty pipe, he needed to instead to see how the whole of the mechanism is reacting to it rather than to analyze every single pipe individually. Keeping a close eyes to the various meters, Tuirbe began his search for the problematic pipe, something that took him a few minutes due to the observations, calculations, and making sure he got the math correctly. It would be minutes of complete silence, the only sound coming from him being the footsteps he took as he walked from various meters, sometimes multiple times.

Finally, he stood in front of one portion of the mechanism, his hand pointing to it as he turned to the crewman. "The faulty pipe is located in this portion."

-----

Goibniu gave the boy a smile, his moustache even contorting slightly to show as much, as his fellow Enkidu tried to pronounce his name as best he could. "Haha, yes! Close, but yes. Good." He said, giving him a nod, before slowly extending his left arm to greet him. "Good to meet you, Sir Ozaruu." However, this gesture distracted him from what Kiara had planned once he showed up.

"Mmmh? What's the matter, Ca-" He managed to said, before he felt her hand clap his shoulder. Suddenly, he began to feel rather strange. It became hard to move, as his skin began to turn a rather dark coloration, less in terms of pigmentation and more in terms of... texture. His face morphed into one of surprise, as he became a guinea pig for one of Kiara's magic tricks again, his body practically becoming a pseudo tree. "What in bla-zess...? What ha-ve you do-ne, Ca-det...?" Goibnu inquired, his new status now making it hard to even talk, as moving any part of his body became a grueling task thanks to his new skin.

Last edited by Silverion on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:50 am

"Uwaaaaah!" Osamuugi exclaimed with stars in his eyes as he witnessed the miraculous transformation. "Sugoi! Jing' rin! Shu da`n o^ng!"

He suddenly started to quickly and nimbly circle around, walking on the raised ledge as confidently as one would walk on flat ground. He gawked at Goibniu's treefication with intense curiosity.

"Majika sugoi ne!" he exclaimed. "Keeyah sugoi ne!"

He stopped back at his original spot opposite of the three and squatted.

"Xiexie gatozaimasu Keeyah," he smiled brightly at the girl, dipping his head. Then his eyebrows perked in realization. He crossed his arms and tilted his head, thinking seemingly hard. "Mmmm... Xie... xie... gato...."

He repeated himself slowly and with heavy annunciation. It seemed he really wanted to make sure what he was saying was understood, realizing they don't speak the same language. Realizing his words weren't coming across, he stopped and scrunched his eyebrows with a concerned expression. But suddenly, he beamed brightly and reached down, hoisting up some sort of sack that was sitting there on the nest. He dug around in it before pulling something out and lifting it towards Kiara.

What he had wafted some sort of sweet smell. It looked like a bunch of long pods with a slight curvature that were all attached to each other by a stem of sorts. They had a yellowish-orange coloration. The outside looked rubbery but they smelled sweet.

"Banango" he stated with a welcoming smile. He raised the foreign fruit towards Kiara and beamed. "Keeyah, Xiexie gatozaimasu."

Even with the language barrier, it was clear he was trying to express gratitude.

~~~

The moment Tuirbe turned around, the old man was already standing behind him. The man easily stood a head or two taller than him and he was glaring down with one eye. His gaze went up to the pipe he was pointing at. He looked around, seeming to look at all the other pipes and meters before humming roughly.

"... Not bad."

He stepped pass Tuirbe and with his wrench he started tightening bolts and turning knobs.

"Mmmm. The heat warped it and there's some backage. I got some spare pipes in the corner there. Find one around this size.

Tuirbe will indeed find a bunch of spare pipes on the opposite side of the large machine in the center of the room. As he'd approach it, he'd hear the old engineer yell something at him from the other side.

"So why'd you leave?" he  asked loudly. "Actually, nevermind. I don't care. But why are you coming back? You know you'll be sent back with the rest of the Gaijin once the festival is over, right?"

The man was silent for a bit aside from sound of clanking metal as he continued his work.

"Those who wanted to leave are provided the means for the journey and sent off without resentment," he explained. "But like a foolish son who leaves the farm to become a gambler, we absolutely don't want you to come back. You should know that well enough."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet on Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:48 pm

"Huh..." Kiara looked at Goibniu with wonder in her eyes at his reaction. She'd casted the same spell on Claes before and she had a MUCH better reaction. Was it just Enkidu physiology or...something else? Before she could really get into the nitty gritty, Osamuugi excitedly ran around and said...more things at Kiara. She definitely recognized the praise, which was awesome, but nothing else really made sense. Well not until he pulled outa fruit and offered it to her.

She gingerly took it, offering a bright smile. She was about to just up and dig in when Claes suddenly seemed to break down in front of them. "Um...Hold on a moment." She looked at the two of them with a frown before kneeling down to Claes and gingerly placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. "Claes? Are you alright?" She shifted closer, leaning on her slightly. Oh God she was terrified...Was she..Was she afraid of heights? "Claes are you..." She looked at the two near her, her frown only deepening.

After a moment, Claes would feel Kiara's arms wrap around her, a hand would rise up and begin stroking the girl's hair. "Claes...Let's get you down hmm? If you leave everything to me I can make it quick, you just need to let go and hold onto me." She had no idea whats he was doing, but her parents always did this when SHE had been upset as a child.

Maybe it would work?
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:53 am

As Kiara tried to approach Claes, the officer would closer her eyes even tighter and grab at the pole with fury.

"No, no! I'm okay!" Claes insisted, though her face was obviously practically drawn of all its color. "If I don't move and keep my eyes closed, I can't fall! If I stay here until the trip is over, then nothing bad can happen and I won't fall to my death or die!"

She'd wince when Kiara started stroking her hair, but her shaking and clinging would visibly reduce as Kiara spoke.

"I-I don't want to go down," Claes muttered. "It means having to look at how high I am up here."

She'd start clinging tightly to it again. Her head would press against the pole as she began to tense up even more again as the boat swayed.

"Can Chief Commander just take me home now, please?" she whispered weakly. "I just...I just want him to take me home..."

It was hard to say what she was talking about. Commander Veiller wasn't with them on their travels and neither Kiara nor Goibniu would have noted the two being particularly close.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first] - Page 3 Tumblr_ncmr4jp0921swxxv6o1_1280
    Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion on Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:21 am

When he turned to see if his discovery elicited some sort of reaction, Tuirbe was greeted with the sight of the crewman practically leering over him, a glare without a negative answer giving the old man enough of an answer to deduce his guess: it was a success. Stepping aside to let the mechanic check the area, he was urged to fetch over one of the replacement pipes nearby, something which made him crack the smallest smile.

And when he went ahead to retrieve the pipe, the sailor made him a question that... quite honestly, cause that earlier smile to drop completely. The initial words made Tuirbe furrow his brow, and in an attempt to not fly off the handle as he delivered the pipe, he remained silent enough to let the man continue, pretty much confirming what he feared when he first spoke to the sailor. How quick Enkidus are to forget their history... "For your information, it was not by my choice that I sought refuge in Esterelf. In fact, the proper term would be 'taken' to Esterelf." He pointed out, as he gave the pipe to the sailor. "As to why I am here now, my reason is twofold. I wanted to thread the soil of my ancestors, at least for a moment, and I wanted to show my godchild the fragment of his history he's been missing ever since he was born. He deserves to know our might." He said, before stopping short of adding another word, as it would directly throw shade at the crewman.

-----

Sadly, Kiara was the only one that could properly tend to Claes' clear fear of heights, as Goibniu found that movement in this enchantment was fairly limited, and not a very painless process, similar to when she turned his body into iron. All he could do is listen to Osamuugi try to tell them something, his efforts eventually leading them to them being given some sort of fruit. Wordlessly, Goibniu tried to nod with his stiff neck, his arm slowly trying to hold the fruit, with a moderate amount of success. He could grasp it, but not eat it without requiring effort, and unlike the ironskin spell, this wasn't going away fast enough.

"Ca-det." He said, trying to turn and look to her. "Plea-se, dis-en-chant me." Not only he wanted to try and eat this fruit, he also wanted to see if he could try and calm Claes down, his face slowly turning to one of confusion when she muttered something he could barely hear. She mentioned the Commander? Or were the waves playing some trick on him? Whichever it was, he would want to inquire more by first turning back to normal.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire on Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:10 am

"Daijoubu desu ka?" Osamuugi seemed to inquire, noticing the older woman's panicking. As he leaned over though, they could all feel the nest shaking. A large wave hit the side of the boat, causing it to tilt slightly. To everyone else on the boat, it amounted to a slightly jolt, but to the group on the crow's nest, it was a violent shake.

*snap*

Something that sounded like wood breaking was heard loudly underneath them and suddenly the nest  started to wobble and shake under them.

"Ah!" Osamuugi exclaimed in alarm.

The crow's nest felt like it was about to snap and fall. Before anything can happen, a thin chain seemed to fly out, looping under the nest and wrapping around the nest. Hanging from above was Osamuugi, reacting to the sudden event with ridiculous speed. In his hand he was holding bothing ends of the chain which appeared to be some sort of small hammer and an iron ball. The boy exhaled and wiped his sweaty brow with the crisis averted, but flinched when a loud voice bould be heard screaming from below.

"OOY! ANATA GA YATTEEEE!!??"

Down below was some man in a thick white beard. He wore a blue tunic and white pants. Trailing behind him was a striped tail of sorts. His brow was furrowed and he was scowling with a furious expression. Jogging behind him was Officer Jinn with a concerned expression.

"Officer Claes. Officer McCree. Cadet Kiara!" Jinn called at them, cupping his hands around his mouth. "Please come down here immediately!"

~~~~

"Mmmm, a Gaikojin..." the engineer muttered, not looking away from his work.

Gaikojin was another term unique to the enkidu. It essentially meant "son in foreign land", as in the enkidu who were born and raised in Esterelf by immigrant parents.

"Well, do whatever you want," he said gruffly with a dismissive wave. "But don't get too attached. And don't let those other gaijin do anything shameful, bashako."

Bashako was another word most people not from Sakigake would not recognize. It had a few meanings, but it essentially is best translated to "foolish son".
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet on Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:19 am

Kiara gave an annoyed glance at Goibniu at his pestering. Honestly, either have a better reaction to the spell or just roar and cancel it out. He was an officer that couldn't figure out a simple spell. She sighed and snapped her fingers, dispelling the spell before going back to Claes, who was worrying her more and more at this point.

A sudden cracking and snapping sound made Kiara's heart stop completely. She looked around wildly, gripping Claes tightly. Just then, it stopped. She noted the chain, noted the Enkidu. "Claes? We need to get down okay?" She continued petting the girl, but if she couldn't gently coax her, she'd up and pry her from the pole. It seemed they were being called anyways, so they really DID need to get down. "Goibniu if you can't get down by yourself, I'll be back for you." It seemed Osamuugi would be fine up here. For now, she just needed to worry about Claes. Before she began, she knelt down and gently touched the tattoos on her legs. They glowed and flashed brilliantly.

Without a second thought, she pried the girl from the pole, looped an arm under her legs while another supported her back. "Close your eyes and hang on tight." She took a small breath before placing a foot on the edge of the crows nest and just pushing off.

Everyone on board would see Kiara suddenly begin to fall with Claes in her arms. Suddenly, she'd tilt, a small glyph forming underneath her feet as she seemingly began to run diagonally down towards the deck. Kiara realized about halfway through that she was picking up a good amount of speed. Not lethal, but she would most likely trip and fall on Claes once they hit the ground.

She let out a sigh and suddenly spun just as they hit the ground. She skid a sort distance before her legs gave way and she collapsed to the ground, letting Claes use her as a cushion while she hit the hard deck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:37 pm