Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

4 posters

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first] - Page 2 Empty Re: Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:48 am

Claes honestly agreed with Goibniu that Kiara definitely had a chance of getting kicked off the boat.

"Kiara is very...excitable, yes," she admitted. "I think I'd need help if I were to catch up with her."

Or tie her up to a post.

Jinn, however, reassured them it would be fine. She supposed he had a point. Kiara was a grown woman, and Claes had to trust her more. He then brought up the opportunity to learn about Enkidu culture.

"Sakijin is the preferred term, right?" Claes asked when Jinn referred to the Sakinese. "'Jin meaning 'people'?"

She had learned a bit about Sakigake and Enkidu culture from the academy, though she wasn't sure she was too spot on anymore since it had been a couple of years now. When he brought up the quote, she nodded firmly before turning to Goibniu.

"Oh, that's right, McCrae, if I'm correct this is your first time seeing Sakigake, too right?" she asked. "How does it make you feel visiting your parents' homeland?"
    Silverion
    Silverion

Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first] - Page 2 Empty Re: Hoshiji Yuugi - Departure for the Red Archipelago [ask first]

Post by Silverion Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:16 am

But before they could try searching for Kiara, Jinn suggested them that perhaps they should try exploring the vessel more thoroughly, in an attempt to be familiarized with the unfamiliar. "Mmmh, that does sound like a good point! Perhaps the good people of this ship would be glad to return Kiara to us should trouble arises." He stated, nodding at the inspector and turning back to Claes. "Why yes, Officer Alfson! And to be quite honest, it feels rather intriguing! Growing up, my parents would sometimes talk about Sakigake, though they always seemed to be rather... secretive about it." He said, looking in the distance with a thoughtful look. Indeed, while he was told about Sakigake, and what it featured, he never realized that it was a very sensitive subject for his parents, his father specifically.

After all, the civil war in the continent is the reason why Goibniu didn't have grandparents.

"I never really knew why, however my godfather Tuirbe was much more emphatic about it. During my years under his tutelage, he always spoke fondly about the continent, talking much more about it and painting a prettier picture of it, despite the warring conflicts that plagued it. He seldom talked about his own time there, but he could sing praises of it for days." A small chuckle followed his statement, followed by a sigh, as he looked around. "I definitely wonder where he went though. I thought we'd explore the ship together... Oh well, we'll catch up to him eventually. Say Officer Alfson, did you think of a place to check out first? I was aiming to see if I could talk to some of the less occupied crew members."

Meanwhile, Tuirbe would be doing a small trip of his own. He was already quite familiar with the kind of ships Sakigake provided, but to walk on one felt... rather nostalgic. And melancholic. Such moments like this could only be cured with a good distraction, and what better distraction than going to the deeper levels, to check out the gears grind and shift, so to speak. Technology moving fluidly was always soothing to his eyes, and no doubt such a vessel would have something top of the line.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:22 am

Jinn chuckled, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "That it is. You're a sharp one miss Claes," he said. "I was trying to play a little joke on ya. See Sakinese, meaning  'from Saki' is an old term from before the different island and clans were united. Sakijin, as in 'people of Saki', is a term created by the third emperor to symbolize the unity of the people."

Jinn tilt up his hat and reached inside his coat.

"By the way, I brought something for the trip." In a showy motion, Jinn pulled out and displayed a bulky sack where a sweet smell can be made out from inside. "Caramel candies! These were popular with the other enkidu last time I went, but you guys can have some."

~~~~

Meanwhile, Tuirbe may find himself wandering it the engine room. It was a spatious room with a giant metal contraption at the center with a series of pipes reaching out from it, spreading along the roof the walls like an intricate metal web.

A single crewman was there, a large man with a mane of white hair and a wild beard but a bald scalp. He had rippling muscles and powerful physique, only wearing boots and a fur pelt around his waist in the hot engine room where steam seemed to gush out every which way.

He was tightening a bolt when Tuirbe wandered into the room, but he spun around and barked at the man, his senses sharp despite his obvious age.

"Koko de zai zhe o dai boyo," he barked, speaking in the language of the enkidu, meaning "What are you doing here, child?"

~~

When Kiara spoke, the enkidu boy seemed to tilt his head and raised eyebrows quizzically. As Kiara tried to climb onto the crows nest, she'd find her arms wouldn't quite reach it  as it was a few feet above the top of the net ladder, however, the enkidu boy grasped her wrist and helped her arm, lifting them both up with the strength of his tail alone.

The view from the nest was as scenic as it got. The blue waves, the clear skies, the bright sun, the salt air, it was all there. Although, the young crewman who helped Kiara up seemed more preoccupied staring at his new guest. He tilted his head and looked about her with curiosity.

"Aah!" he exclaimed, clapping his hands and smiling excitedly. "Ash toe a' fa! Ash toe a' fa?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:38 pm

Well, perhaps she hadn't learned the right language. Well...whatever. Kiara was let onto the crows nest quickly enough. Her eyes shown widely as she stared out at the sea that stretched before them. This was...DEFINITELY the right place to be!

Of course, she was quickly pulled away from her view as the Enkidu began to speak more words at her. A grim line formed across her face. He was excited...He had clapped his hands together and repeated himself. A question...an excited question..."I have no idea what you just said." She repeated a part of her phrase, cooly backing up towards the side. Her eyes searched around until she spotted a familiar figure.

She grinned, inhaled, and

"CLAES! PLEASE ASSIST ME WITH SOME TRANSLATION!"

She would then turn towards the Enkidu and give a happy thumbs up. "I'm like, twenty percent certain Claes knows the language better than I do. She'll be up as soon as she realizes I climbed the crows nest!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:52 am

Claes was a little surprised to hear Jinn mention his reasoning for his own term, and Claes' cheeks would flush bright red.

"O-oh...I-I should have known that," she said, cursing herself. Way to go, Claes! By trying to sound smart, you only made yourself sound dumb!

Her embarrassment quickly abated, however, when Goibniu talked about what he knew about Sakigake.

"Secretive?"

That made sense. She supposed some parents thought the mainland was taboo to discuss, much like some parents felt it wasn't appropriate to talk about Walpurgis or the civil war. Goibniu went on to talk about his godfather giving him details, to which she smiled. Goibniu was being enthusiastic, but there seemed to be something irritating and more heartfelt about how he spoke about his grandfather and Sakigake. That said, when he Goibniu asked if Claes wanted to go anywhere.

"Not really," she said. "Though, I wouldn't mind going to the captain's cabin to see how their technology works in action."

Jinn soon followed up with caramels, and for a moment, Goibniu would see Claes' eyes widen in surprise. Her face flushed again and her hand twitched towards the candy, but she quickly turned away.

"I-I couldn't!" she said pouting. "Caramels...will make my teeth hurt. Please enjoy yourself, Detective Jinn. It's only for the--"

Suddenly, Claes would hear Kiara screaming at the top of her lungs. It would catch Claes off her guard so much, she actually helped and clung to Goibniu for dear life.

"GAH! WHAT!?"

When Claes looked up above, she'd notice Kiara at the crow's nest, and she instantly let go of Goibniu, taking a few steps forward, her eyes bulging in panic.

"KIARA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE!? GET DOWN RIGHT NOW, YOU'LL FALL!!!" and then turning to Goibniu and Jinn, "W-what are we going to do? Should I cast a spell? I should cast a spell and hoist her down right? O-or maybe Detective Jinn and quickly rush and catch her? Or Goib, making you can I dunno, climb up and get her? What do we do!?"

It was clear Claes was pretty much panicking like a frantic mother at this point, and was in no state of her right mind.
    Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:00 am

His trip eventually landed Tuirbe at the engine room, as he managed to catch a glimpse at the marvelous contraption in the area. His eyes seemed to brighten up ever so slightly, looking rather fascinated by the wonder of technology in front of him. However, his moment of contemplation was interrupted by one of the crew members, a solitary man with a physique that could rival Esarg. Which meant that Tuirbe was unfazed by his presence, and even a bit miffed by addressing him like that. The language barrier was not going to stop him, for he was able to easy overcome it.

"Speak to me properly, sailor." He said, managing to match his language in the only way a Sakigake-born person could. Even if he was a fellow Enkidu, the chip on his shoulder known as his past nobility was clearly locked in place. "Do not be impolite, I only came to see this marvel of technology. It's been years since I saw something made by our hands alone." Of course, the crewman would most likely understand what Tuirbe meant with 'our', considering the ram horns lodged in his head.

----

Suddenly, Jinn presented him and Claes some sort of local candy, one that smelled particularly delicious. "Oooh! Don't mind if I do!" And as his hand moved to dig into the contents of the bag, something loud interrupted him midway. A scream that felt like the sky was being torn apart sounded above them, and even caused Claes to cling to him out of surprise. "Blazes! What was that?" He said, seemingly ignoring the woman, as he turned his head around him, before turning up. "Heeey, Cadet Ferro! Do be careful up there!" He said, sounding a lot less concerned than Claes, but still careful.

Turning to the woman that pried herself away, she tried thinking of something that could get her down, which made Goibniu think. "Well, I could hold one of the ropes and shoot it, thus propelling me upwards to try and get Claes down. But I'm sure no one would appreciate the gesture, and we'd both be trapped above. Mmmmh..." He said out loud, in his rather eccentrically serious tone. "But climbing may be something I can do! Staying in shape is paramount to serve the Expiate well. Unless you have some sort of plan, Officer?" He asked, as he turned to Jinn.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:27 am

Jinn pocketed his caramels and looked up with scrunched eyebrow. He tilted his hat up and quirked an eyebrow.

"Now how did the little miss manage to get up there?" Jinn inquired thoughtfully. He crossed his arms and turned to Goibniu. "First off, try to abstain from shooting anything. If you damage the deck of the ship, the captain will throw you overboard himself. These vessels are sailed by either the one who made it or by a person the ship was specially designed for. Either way, you don't wanna piss em' off. In any case..."

Jinn  turned away and started walking towards  the helm of the ship. "I'm going to go pay respects to the captain. There's no need to worry about the young miss. There's a skilled crewman up there on the crows nest with her. Try to relax and find something to do."

~~~

The bearded man glowered and turned to glance at Tuirbe's direction.

"You are from the homeland," he remarked gruffly but with a slightly more relaxed tone. "[i]Na ghi. But you stink of the  Ghaijin. I can't trust you in here."

Ghaijin was what the mainland enkidu called the people of Esterelf. The term combines the words for "Other" and "People". It is synonymous with referring to those who do not belong there.

"[i]If anything goes wrong in here, it could mean disaster youngin. So leave me be."

The old sailor went back to tightening the boat, veins on his arms protruding from the exertion. Tuirbe might notice on a workbench table close to him was an opened up gearbox. It was a simple but delicate machine with small parts. some of the gears have been taken out and laid orderly on the side.
    ~~~~

"Aaaah!?" the enkidu boy stammered when Kiara started yelling, confused as to what she's doing. He clapped his hands together and lowered his head. "Sumanai! Sumanai!"

It appears he mistook that he did something wrong and was apologizing profusely. He raised his head and  hopped a step back, raising his hands to chest level, palms forward. Was he trying to show he meant no harm? He looked up awkwardly and wrapped his knuckles against his sturdy chest.

"Osamugi," he said. "Namae-o Gokudo, Osamugi."

He gestured a hand towards the young girl.

"O namae ha?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:53 pm

Eh?

Kiara glanced over at the boy as he began...apologizing? She gave a slow blink. Aww, understanding him was going to be harder than usual huh? "It's okay man, I'm just trying to get my friends attention..." She looked back and began to wave furiously. "Claaaaeesss! Get up here!" She called out, starting to pout. She WAS supposed to be her guardian or whatever for this trip right?

The boy spoke again and Kiara turned, starting to get annoyed. She made it clear that she didn't understand him. Why did he ke-

Oh he was introducing himself.

Kiara waited a moment. She had already introduced herself iN HIS LANGUAGE. Did she not speak right? Oh well, she'd have to do things more simply. "Kiara Ferro." She said, touching her own chest. She shifted looking out towards the wide sea with a bright expression. "This is the coolest." She muttered. Expiate Pirate Kiara Ferro.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:54 pm

"B-but, Inspector!" Claes squeaked as Jinn left. She sighed and looked back at Kiara who was still shouting for her to come up.

This girl...this girl is going to be the death of me one day isn't she?

Taking a deep breath, Claes managed a patient smile.

"I-in a minute! W-we'll be right there okay? Just...don't move!" she called out. Claes would turn to Goibniu and take his wrist. "Let's go, Goibniu. If she refuses to come down, I might need your help restraining her..."

Gingerly, the two would make their way up to the crow's nest. Several times, Claes had to refrain from looking down. She had never admitted it to anyone but...she was deathly scared of heights. It had never been an issue in combat since Stahlmin had pretty low-rise buildings save for the factories, and she had never have to jump or fly high to fight someone.

That said now...

Claes took a deep breath and tried to remember something calming.

"That was quite a fall back there! Are you okay?"

She remembered being hovered over, and the person lifting her leg, making all the pain go away once it was over. She then remembered being scooped up by strong arms which led her to the infirmary. It was a very brief moment, but it was one wherein she felt safer than she had ever before or ever again.

Once she got up, she'd cross her arms and look at Kiara smirking.

"Alright, Kiara, what seems to be the fuss over here?"

She then looked at the Enkidu just dangling from above. She had seen him from below, but it still felt different seeing a native up close such as earlier. She made a small bow.

"O-oh...Good day! I'm sorry if we're interrupting something."

Claes' Sakijin was pretty bad. She knew generic phrases because of their diplomacy classes, but her accent was far from perfect.
    Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:09 am

His brow furrowed in annoyance as the sailor man acknowledged Tuirbe as one of him, yet at the same time, an outsider. Every fiber of his body wanted him to whack rhe man for spitting metaphorically at his origin, but he knew that it was better to not lose his calm. While he would have multiple gadgets at disposal, today was the day he was practically unarmed for this expedition, and even them, starting some conflict in the boat would only get him, and possibly Goibniu, removed from it entirely. There was always a tomorrow for Tuirbe, but Goibniu? He needed to keep him there, make sure to properly align his loyalties. So instead, Tuirbe merely grunted at the man, his voice sounding almost like a whisper. "It was not my choice. The Emperor dealt me a bad hand." In a way, Emperor Mada had nothing to do with his situation, rather his father, or even grandfather were to blame for his exile. But for Tuirbe, it was all the same to him.

He was ready to walk away, before he toom a chance to turn and see where the man was going, heading towards a work bench with various delicate pieces lying about. A curious spark appeared in his eyes, as he tried to see if he could still attempt and gain proximity to the ship's more intricate mechanics. "... Surely this task might be too taxing for one man to perform. I am an expert in this kind of technology, I could give you a hand." Tuirbe offered, allowing one hand to be seen. "Despite the age, I know of nothing steadier than my grip."

And indeed, his hand was steady. A well maintained old man.

-------

But instead of giving them some direct help, Jinn opted to instead head to the captain's cabin, leaving poor Kiara into the hands of unknown ans gruff sailor men up above. "Mmmh... But I'm not sure about that! Cadet Kiara can be quite, excitable." Goibniu responded, as Claes decided to still try to scale up and reach the girl. Without objections, Goibniu gave her a hearty nod, already rolling his sleeves. "Sure enough Officer! Let's get the lass before she ends up walking from the plank." He said, closely following Claes up to the nest.  

Unlike Claes, Goibniu was not one to suffer from any phobia of heights, his hands and head remaining rather steady and the two climbed up. The only reason he didn't actually get ahead and remained behind Claes, was because he would often stop to admire the view of the ocean, even managing to see the mainland of Esterelf dissipate into the horizon. But of course, their trip would eventually lead them to the crow's nest, where Kiara and a crew member were present. Claes was the one that began talking, whole Goibniu looked at the other Enkidu, a warm smile in his face as he made a small wave, communicating with the universal language of gestures rather than words! "Goibniu McCrae." He said, using one hand to point at himself, and then another to point at Claes. "Claes Alfson."

God bless having two hands.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm