Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

In The Works...

KitKet
    KitKet

In The Works... - Page 8 Empty Re: In The Works...

Post by KitKet Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:43 am

"BAH. She's an adult, as'r yew. If yer gonna make excuses, make 'em half decent." She mocked, she was just prepping her spell when Tala suddenly yelled and pushed Hitomi away. Well...That settled that it seemed.

Hitomi, on the other hand, seemed deeply hurt by Tala's yelling. Her eyes widened a moment before her face fell. Her ears twitched lower as her eyes moved to the side, away from Tala. She didn't even seem to hear her apology. Slowly, her hands raised once again. One grabbed her non-cut ear and pulled it over her eye, the other up and covering the other side of her face. She shook her head back and forth, trying to convey something she just...couldn't.

Fey, by then, had sat herself on a nearby shelf. Somehow, she had gotten popcorn. VERY SMALL popcorn. She was eating it by the handful as she watched these two beautiful disasters. She very much wondered how they were alive right now.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:20 am

The third time this week, Tala found herself feeling utterly horrible for making Hitomi look sad. Tala quickly waved her hands.

"W-w-w-wait, wait! No, no, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry for yelling at you!" Tala panicked. "I-I was just surprised, is all!"

Tala would look desperately at Fey for help, but find the latter rather enjoying the spectacle. Pouting and looking back to Hitomi, she hesitantly wrapped her arms around Hitomi, nestling the girl back towards her neck and blushing.

"S-see? I-it's okay..." she said meekly.

A hand would reach out to pet Hitomi's hair. If she felt no resistance, she'd relax into petting her more and hugging her a little more firmly.

"Please don't be sad...I'm really sorry..." she murmured.

She'd then shoot a glare at Fey, as if to blame her for making Hitomi cry.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:40 am

Hitomi offered absolutely no resistance as she was hugged. This was...new for her. She wasn't sure how she felt, having her guard down this much. Every now and then, it was like everything in her head stopped and she didn't know how to react. Without her mask, she probably would've sat there for hours. Now though...Hitomi let out a small sigh, her body visibly relaxing as Tala ran a hang through her hair. She liked this and hated it at the same time. Still, it was like she needed it. She indulge herself a little more. Just a little more. "Mm..." Tala would feel Hitomi nuzzle against her slightly, an apology of her own.

Fey made a face at Tala as she was glared at. She tossed the popcorn aside, it visibly disappearing as she pushed herself up and placed her hands her hips. "Don't look at me like that, wee nyaff. This is good fer the both o ya if ya hadn't noticed." She fluttered towards them, still keeping out of arms reach. "I still need more sleep myself. Rest fer a bit longer yeah? We can all start traveling in a bit." Seems that she had up and forced herself into the group.

She was keeping the gold hidden though.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:11 pm

Tala blushed even more when Hitomi nuzzled close to her, but this time, Tala didn't feel startled. Tala wrapped her arms even more around the girl, continuing to pet her soothingly and make her feel better. When Fey responded to her glare, Tala's eyes looked at her, puzzled. Good for the both of them? The woman's eyes would look back at Hitomi, who had let out a content sigh as she nestled close and let out a small hum. Tala's expression softened, and Hitomi would feel her arms wrap around her more tenderly, any semblance of hesitation the first time leaving her.

Suffice to say, it felt odd for Tala.

Not in a negative way, though. Hugging Hitomi as a child had felt normal for her, if she were honest. She loved kids and any chance to show affection to them was easy. However, she realized it had been years since she'd embraced someone. She had worked odd jobs, maybe the mercenary or two, help a few villagers, but she realized it had been so long before since she had...well, a friend.

She thought back as to how it used to be protocol to her, so common. Pets on the head, pats on the back, affectionate little nuzzles from people she called family. Being lifted up on someone's back to be piggybacked or hugged from behind to apologize for bullying to her. Tala came to the realize just how stark the contrast was from her old life and the one she lived now...and it broke her.

She wouldn't let Hitomi notice the tears in her eyes. Rather, she'd crane her neck to let Hitomi closer to her before closing her eyes and smiling.

In the background, Fey mentioned something about getting more sleep and going with them. There were a lot of things to ask about that, but Tala didn't mind. She was happy, even, and she hadn't felt like that in years.

She gave Fey a silent nod, and would go back to focusing on Hitomi.

She didn't mind staying this way. She knew it couldn't be forever, but maybe just a little longer.

For what seemed like forever, Tala had someone to care about again. She wasn't about to let her go.

[End tag]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 pm