Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

3 posters

The Fox, the Rabbit, and the Witch

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Fox, the Rabbit, and the Witch Empty The Fox, the Rabbit, and the Witch

Post by Lilac Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:23 pm

"Alright, the place should be just up ahead!" Tala said enthusiastically.

She and Hitomi had been walking for quite a bit, and while she hadn't been at the place in awhile, she was pretty sure they were on the right path. She had let go of Hitomi's hand, but only because she had to jog up ahead to see if she was right about the path ahead of them. She then twirled back and grinned at Hitomi.

"Alright, I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten us lost now!" she said as her hands went up behind her head. She instantly winced and let out a yelp. "Agh! Right. Still wounded..."

She gave Hitomi a sheepish smile.

Despite how things had gone earlier, Tala seemed to have regained most of her energy and enthusiasm. The walk had given her a bit of time to clear her thoughts, and now she had to admit she was genuinely excited. This was perhaps the closest she had ever gotten to fully forming a plan and she had someone with her, too!

Heck, now Hitomi could back her up if the old fox was being difficult. That reminded her...

"I should warn you though," she said, still smiling, "Last time I saw her, she was a liiiiiittle out of it. But I'm guessing that's what happens when you're all cooped up in a place like that and smoke and drink your brains out."

You talk as if you're some young hot stuff yourself, Tala, a voice said in the back of her head. Mostly in Jim's voice. She scowled at herself.

Hey! I'm smoking! she defended.

Putting her imaginary argument away in her head, she returned to speaking to Hitomi.

"Do you have any questions before we go?"

Last edited by Lilac on Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KitKet
    KitKet

The Fox, the Rabbit, and the Witch Empty Re: The Fox, the Rabbit, and the Witch

Post by KitKet Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:50 pm

"Mm!"

Hitomi managed to return Tala's enthusiasm. This was the first step to really making a difference here! It was hard NOT to get excited! Still, her worry for Tala was still rooted in the back of her mind. As the woman winced, Hitomi was quick to appear by her side, placing a hand on her shoulder to steady her and making sure she was okay.

Tala...didn't exactly fill her with confidence with her description of the fox. Apparently she was out of it and weird...Was she really going to be a valuable ally then? Well...she trusted Tala! She would just have to take her word for this! When asked if she had any questions, Hitomi simply shook her head and slid her mask back down. Any questions she might have had would most likely be answered soon anyways.

For now, she was just excited to start!
    A Certain Magical Gue

Post by A Certain Magical Gue Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Yes, with the infectious optimism fostering between the two, it seemed this was the start of a fruitful experience!

"<Granny's not interested in guests. Go away.>" Minutes later, however, the dream seemed dead.

The thatch cottage, situated on a hill, didn't seem that impressive for starters, in fact it seemed most of its circumference was due to snow that had been packed against the outer walls. Next up, the person who answered the door was no old woman, but a teenaged boy whose vision was partially obscured by a tuft of his beach-blonde hair and spoke in a familiar tongue to Hitomi. Only his left eye remained visible to the two as he glared up at them, his eye focusing more on Tala it seemed, the sour look on his face not at all matching the flower ornaments framing it, nestled on the sides of his head, under his large fox ears. And as if to add to the sheer lack of impressiveness to it all, he visible room inside seemed to be a communal area, with dirt floors, little to no decorations, a pot of something boiling in the middle of the room and a slightly pungent smoke leaking out from further inside. And then, it was all gone, as the boy slammed the door shut.

"<Granny, some weirdos showed up... yes, I sent them away.>" The boy's voice, however, remained audible through the door, a cherry on top to the indignity of it all.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:25 pm

Tala blinked as the door slammed in her face. She had been rejected so fast, it took a moment for even her smile to process that the boy had said no.

"Eh?"

Tala would whirl to face Hitomi smiling sheepishly, raise a finger to signal waiting for a moment.

"One small moment, Hitomi~" she said sweetly.

She then turned back to the door.

*THUD!*

"OI, DON'T JUST SHUT US OUT LIKE THAT I NEED TO SPEAK TO THAT OLD HAG PRONTO!!!" Tala growled as she started kicking at the door with the flat of her foot. Hitomi might have seen glimpses of Tala getting angry before, but this was the first time she'd see her outright lashing out violently.

After several kicks, Tala changed tactics and now was banging her fists on the door simultaneously, giving no consideration for the fact she still had a ton of bandaged wounds.

"MEI! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!" she shouted. "Come ooooon! Let us iiiiin!! I thought we were friends!!!"

If she still got no response, Hitomi would notice Tala sliding down against the door in defeat. She was basically on her knees at this point, her face pressed against the door pouting.

"Buuu...she's always so mean," she grumbled.

She then glanced at Hitomi who was still watching. Still pouting, she'd point at the door.

"You don't think it'd be bad if we just hack through the door with my scythe, do we?" she asked her, her voice still flat and upset.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:25 am

What?

Hitomi gave a slow blink at the situation unfolding before her. It seems Tala and fox lady weren't as close as Hitomi had thought. The girl shifted, her eyes beginning to wander around the cottage as Tala began to yell and beat at the door. She was being mean to Tala...Hitomi couldn't have that...

Hm...

By the time Tala would look back towards Hitomi. She'd find a small note on the ground, pinned by a rock. 'Finding a way in.'

Hitomi had walked around the side of the cottage itself and was casually opening a window to what seemed like some kind of bedroom. She quietly stepped inside and looked around. She'd just get to the door and open it. This was a very important quest. Neither she nor Tala had time for games like this...
    A Certain Magical Gue

Post by A Certain Magical Gue Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:31 am

There was no response, though the door seemed to at least be braced for the kicking so it didn't get knocked down. However, when Tala turned around to notice a distinct lack of her companion, the door opened, and the very angry boy was glaring down at her again.

"What part of 'go away, we aren't taking visitors today' don't you get?! Kiddy-old hag! Shorty! Threatening to break down our door like I can't hear you, how about you go cool off in the sno-- ... Where's the rabbit?" he said, stopped his berating as he looked around in confusion, before his eyes locked onto tracks in the snow, circling around the side of the cottage, and narrowed.

"... Looks like rabbit's on the menu."

"Uuuuuuuuu...." a low groan came from inside the bedroom Hitomi had snuck into, where the foul-smelling smoke seemed to be originating from. A cloth barrier had been erected between the window and what was sure to be the bed, a quiet voice... a lot sicker than normal, too, if the agonized sounds were any indication. "<He just can't help but be loud, can he... not that they're making it any quieter. What does an old woman have to do to get some sleep around here...>"

A silhouette of a bundled-up figure, lit up by a fire on the opposite wall, began to shift on the bed.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:28 am

"Hitomi?" Tala said when she noticed a lack of response.

She had very little time to assess the situation as the boy came out slewing insults at Tala one after another. Red-faced, Tala got on her tiptoes and shouted back.

"Oi, what do you mean shorty!!??" she exclaimed. "If we're talking height, I can easily cut you down to my size you little--"

The boy mentioned a missing rabbit, which instantly caused Tala to whirl around. There was a note on the ground which Tala rushed to pick up. When she read what was on it, a bead of sweat trailed down her temple.

"...huh, she took it literally."

I guess I should be careful what I ask her...and maybe be a better role model.

Tala turned to the boy, raising the note to him and pointing at the message.

"Ehhh...is there a chance you'll let me in now?" she said chuckling nervously.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Hitomi watched silently as the (probably) the fox, let out a low groaning noise and began to mumble. Briefly, Hitomi thanked her fortunes for her mask. It masked much of the foul smelling smoke in the room and kept her from outright coughing. The woman seemed sick, which made Hitomi feel quite awful about this situation. Honestly, the boy should've said she'd taken ill. Would've made this much more simple.

She glanced towards the door to the main hall. She could make her some tea. She had some home remedies that may assist her.

For now, she'd let her rest.

Quietly, she moved to the door, opened it a crack and slipped out. Her main goal was to get to the main door, move the boy out of the way, and let Tala in. They could then happily wait until this Fox felt well enough to speak to them! It was a win win! Tala could be warm and safe and this Granny could sleep without all the noise!

Win win!
    A Certain Magical Gue

Post by A Certain Magical Gue Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:47 am

The shorter boy, who always insisted he could throw that "shorty" insult around "because I've still got some growing to do", stared at Tala, then the note, then Tala again, before reaching for the well-placed polearm by the door.

"Stay here, I have a rabbit to skin." It was a quarry that he didn't have to search hard for, as when he turned around, Hitomi came out of the room. Instantly, the blonde boy furrowed up, his hairs standing on end and bushy tail hiking up as he snarled, the crescent blade of his weapon pointed right at her. "You... What were you doing in there, huh?!"

The boy's grip on his weapon tightened as he glared at her from under his furrowed brows, his teeth gritted and fangs visible.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:28 am

"H-hey! Wait a minute, let me go with you--

*SLAM!*

The door was in her face again.

"NOT AGAIN!!!" Tala cried as she started banging on the door.

She tried yanking at the door knob and kicking at it again, but then she heard the boy shouting. He seemed to have found Hitomi.

In far more panic, Tala pounded on the door again, shouting in a shrill voice.

"Hitomi! Whatever you do, DO NOT ENGAGE THE TINY BOY WITH THE SPEAR! YOU WILL KILL HIM AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT! ACK--"

A jolt of pain ran through her side and she instantly had to guard one of her wounds tenderly, her eyes in tears.

"Ow-ow-ow..."

Tala ended up leaning against the door in defeat.

"I am too old for this kind of stress..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content