Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

The Legend of...

KitKet
    KitKet

The Legend of... Empty The Legend of...

Post by KitKet Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:46 am

She couldn't believe she'd gotten this far. Ren's leg bounced up and down as she waited to be called. She was practically within spitting distance of the Rose Palace..Well if you can spit really REALLY far. Either way, she was in an adjacent district! She let out a sigh and slapped her cheeks. There was no need to be nervous! This was an inn, same as any other! Sure it had multiple floors and had this cool little overhang and a stage, but that didn't mean it was better than the other places she'd played! And yeah, maybe the clientele here preferred wine to hard liquor but that was more taste than standing! And yeah! She might just be an opener, but that just meant that it was a REALLY well off inn that could afford multiple well known bards! It was a capital city after all!

She was not fine.

She was not good.

She sighed again, messing with her skirt uncomfortably. She halfway wondered if hey'd be appalled by Saadedge fashion. She wanted to represent where she came from, but not at the cost of some people writing her off completely...Ugh, branding sucked.

Before she could get too deep into her worries, she was finally called out. Without much fanfare she was practically placed onto the inn's small stage and left to her own devices. Her eyes went out to the crowd for a few moments. She had no idea how to interact with crowds here...She sat in her chair and grabbed the violin that had been waiting for her. Idly, she began to tune it. Of course it was already ready to go, this was more of a tactic for the crowd. Give them time to take her in before she truly started. She didn't know what to say to this crowd, so she simply said nothing.

She took another breath and got up from her chair. She knew this wasn't the top of the line, but she needed to utterly blow these people away. She set her jaw, closed her eyes and began to play a melody. As usual, she mixed in her own illusion magic. Though this time she added several more instruments than she was used to. She'd been practicing this shit every day for the past few months. If she screwed up now, she honestly should just hang up her hat as a bard.

There were far too many people the simply project an illusion straight to their ears, instead she simply let it saturate the area itself. It took a lot out of her, and there was a huge chance she'd completely exhaust herself by the end of the song, but it was worth the risk. The increasing complexity of the song did work in her favor though, as she was able to dance and subtly weave more cartic marks into the performance without any obvious movements. The end result was a clear sound that bled out into the streets themselves.

By the end of the four minutes of song, Ren could barely catch her breath. That had been utterly exhausting. Honestly it was a good thing she practiced this routine so much. She'd collapsed the first two dozen times she'd done it.

And look at her now, her legs were only trembling a little!

She gave a deep bow and shut her eyes tight. Above all else, she hoped SOMEONE would clap.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Legend of... Empty Re: The Legend of...

Post by Lilac Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:22 pm

Someone had been going around announcing the "Jewel of Saadedge" was going to be performing at an inn, but no one had initially paid attention to it. Saoirsians in general didn't seem to care about the music of Saads, let alone commoners who had to go to an inn to see it. Sure, it was one of the higher-end inns, but ladies didn't hang around inns unless they worked there or were adventurers. Men only went there if they were adventurers or drunkards. And yet, as Ren started playing music, it caught the attention of individuals from outside.

Curious strangers started stepping into the inn as she played her violin, ladies who were coming from the market. Merchants propped just a little outside the inn. Children playing in the street. Soon, Ren found the inn a lot fuller and people staring at her, quiet and pensive. When Ren finished, she was met with palpable silence. And then loud applause.

People were clapping and some people were shouting that they wanted another song. Whether Ren continued or not was up to her, but regardless, people seemed please.

Within the crowd, though, there was one person who wasn't applauding. It wasn't because they had hated the song, but rather they were still staring at her in amazement. The figure was a fair-skinned girl who was wearing a cloak that surrounded her attire. Against the cloak's dark blue fabric was the bright peppermint color of long locks of hair that draped against it in twin tails. The figure's face was a pretty one, definitely by Saorisian standards. A soft frame, rosy cheeks, and tiny pink lips. She had large, child-like aquamarine eyes, and she seemed to continue staring at Ren in wonder.

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:41 am

Ren couldn't keep the smile off of her face. The reaction she'd received was clearly unexpected. She stood up straight, despite her shaking legs and simply took it all in. A few more shows like this and maybe word would spread enough for her to have a shot at entertaining nobility. After that, the Yellow Rose Festival would be in her sights!

She gave another bow and waved at the crowd. Of course she wouldn't be able to pull off another song. She was probably going to collapse in a few minutes at this rate...Still, she needed to say SOMETHING! "Twas lovely entertaining you all today! Sadly, I won't step on anyone's toes today..." She looked over to the next bard in line. The man didn't seem happy with her at all for upstaging him like this. "But I will be in the city for quite awhile! Worry not! You'll see me again!" She gave one final bow before sneaking off the stage.

She would be quick to receive her pay from the owner and sneak out the back. She definitely needed some fresh air. In the alley, she let out a long sigh as she slid down against the wall. There was a moment of silence before she suddenly squealed happily, beating her legs against the ground as she thrust her fists in the air. She'd fucking done it! They'd loved her! It had been hard to not start jumping up and down on the stage. Of course she needed to have some modicum of stoicism here. She was already known as a rabble-rouser and drunkard back in Saadedge. No need to carry those titles here as well.

She sighed again and relaxed against the wall. She'd just take a small break before getting a room at a smaller tavern in town. She didn't want to spend all the money she'd just gotten on some fancy inn after all.

For now she'd just...Rest her eyes a moment.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:36 am

"That was quite the performance," a soft voice would say from Ren's side.

If the bard looked, she would see a young woman with a pale face covered with a pine-green cloak. The parts of her that were visible showed meek light green eyes and a soft small. Lower down, a wide frilled skirt peaked from underneath the cloak's fabric in pink silks.

If Ren noticed her, the girl would slightly bow her head in embarrassment.

"I-I'm sorry by the way for disturbing you out on your break. I just thought I could speak to you and inquire about your performances, is all. I hope you don't mind too much."

Last edited by Lilac on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:31 am

Oddly enough, Ren wasn't expecting anyone to approach her. She jumped slightly when she heard a voice near her and looked up with quite a bit of surprise. The surprise quickly changed into her signature smile as she took in the person in front of her. Clearly a fan and she wasn't going to let herself be seen so exhausted in front of a fan!

Plus this fan was acting utterly adorable, she HAD to be charming now!

"Well thank you, friend. I'm glad you enjoyed it!" She shifted slightly, sitting crosslegged now and facing the stranger as they spoke. She doubted very much she could stand without any obvious effort. "I don't mind at all! I couldn't say no to such a lovely person anyways." She leaned forward slightly as she spoke, a more mischievous smile flashing across her face. This was definitely of prospective client. Buttering them up a little would go far.

Plus, from first glance the girl seemed adorable. Ren HAD to tease her just a little...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:20 pm

Being called lovely, the girl would squeak at Ren's remark and duck her head even lower.

"Y-you were really amazing out there!" she said meekly, trying to redirect the attention to Ren. "M-my house has always had bard's visits and I've seen them in court...but I don't think any were as good as you are. I think the next ball at our manor might be capable of appreciating your talents. How much do you usually charge, by the way?"

All the while the girl was clutching the fabric at her chest. She appeared rather nervous even to just be speaking to Ren. It was hard to say as to whether this due to Ren being a performer or if the girl in question was a nervous individual in general.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:08 am

Ren couldn't help but smile wider as the girl's cute reaction. She, briefly, considered pushing just a bit more, but knew better. Too much and the girl might very well retreat. Surprisingly, the girl managed to turn things around on her.

She rested her head idly on her hand as the girl spoke on. She truly enjoyed the compliments, and the invitation to her house only sweetened things! Of course, the question at the end very nearly caused her smile to drop.

She usually charged enough for a nice meal and lodging.

Hell, this event itself paid a little less than a simple quest.

"Hmm..." Ren pretended to consider her offer while she tried to figure out what the hell to charge. At the same time though, she couldn't help but notice just how nervous the girl was. Perhaps she'd come on a bit too strong here?

"Are you alright, dove?" She tilted her head, but made no moves. The girl was skittish, she was trying to calm her down, not make her faint. "Would you like to talk somewhere more comfortable? I shouldn't force you to speak in such a place." She needed to get up...Ren tried to stifle a harsh sigh as she began to push herself up. Her legs were still wobbly, but at the very least she could support herself against the wall. "All in all, I'd love to perform for you. We can discuss trifles such as pay once we're more comfortable no?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:34 am

"E-eh?" the girl squeaked when Kiara showed concern. "D-dove?"

The girl's pale face would gradually become rosy and try to sink as much as possible into the fabric of her cloak.

"N-no! I'm quite fine, thank you!" she said. "I am just...just not used to making requests, is all. Th-that said, I suppose arrangements on hiring you would be better inside in a formal setting or perhaps at my place itself."

Just as she finished talking, one of the inn's back doors would open and a man would come stumbling out. He was middle-aged, stout, and dressed sloppily in a stained tunic and trousers. A mop of brown hair hung from his scalp with a small bald patch suggesting chronic hair loss. His appearance along with the bottle in his hand suggested he was the typical drunkard.

He would, however, turn over to the two girls, lazy-eyed and swaying back and forth. He'd say nothing for a moment, merely squinting and staring at them. Ren would notice the green-haired girl visibly stiffen.

"I-is something the matter, sir?" she would squeak, uncomfortable from the talking.

It was then that he showed some small semblance of lucidity. His eyes widened and his dazed expression turned to one of anger before he pointed at the girl accusingly.

"You...!" he said. "You're that...that thief!"

At this, the green-haired girl yelped and she grew pale. She shook her head furiously.

"I' not sure I know what you mean," she said. "I'd never steal from anyone!"

"That's horse shite," the man spat back. "I saw you clearly! You took my wife's broach!"

The girl's eyes widened, and she'd start stumbling backward.

"Sir, you're scaring me right now. I promise I haven't stolen a thing! I don't even know you!"

"Then maybe a blow to the head will!" he said, hurriedly stumbling towards her as he swung his bottle towards her head.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:05 am

Man this girl was too much fun. Ren still felt bad despite herself, she was simply trying to calm the girl down. It appeared she was just too damn charming for her own good. The thought alone nearly made her laugh, nearly. She was happy to hear that she wanted to change locations though, perhaps a warm fire and quieter surroundings would suit this girl a bit better.

But, of course, something bad happened.

Ren couldn't help but sigh as a drunkard wandered out into the alley. She figured he'd cause some kind of problem, but honestly things went downhill quite fast. Ren could barely get out a word in the girl's defense before the drunkard suddenly went on the attack.

With a hissed curse, Ren moved forward. Her body was heavy, but at least it was a short distance. She stepped in front of the girl, one arm reaching up to grab at his swinging arm. The other slipped behind her back, unsheathed a small knife and lashed forward, stopping just short of the man's throat. "You're certainly quick to violence. Will you bleed just as quickly?" She didn't actually want to kill the asshole. There's probably laws against that here after all. But, a threat could certainly go a long way in making this idiot piss off.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed May 01, 2019 4:04 am

The bottle hung above Ren's head, trembling as the man tried to force it down on failed.

"Hey, let go of me!" the man slurred as he tried to pull away.

When he broke free, he'd stumble backward, wobbling into one of the nearby barrels and breaking the bottle against it. He'd let out a groan as the now sharp end of the glass cut against fingers. He'd drop it, look at the two girls for a moment, and then scramble back inside. It was hard to say if he was going to come back, but he was, at the very least, gone.

From behind her, Ren would hear a sharp exhale. The girl she had been talking to was clutching her hands together tightly, her knuckles a bony white against the drained color of her skin.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!" she said as pressed her hands against her chest to keep them still. "That man almost hit you because of me! I...I...this is all my fault!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:34 pm