Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

+2
Kemp
Lilac
6 posters

Venturing the Badlands

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Venturing the Badlands - Page 2 Empty Re: Venturing the Badlands

Post by Lilac Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:20 am

"So you're either putrid or a beastwhore?" Ami deadpanned.

The more the Enkidu spoke, the more Ami was sure she was probably a little lacking in the head either due to dehydration, heat, or isolation in the desert. The faster she was away from her, the better. She looked to Ren who also explained where she had been heading to. When the Enkidu offered to bring them home, Ami shook her head.

"This isn't the first time I've wandered around," she said. "You're free to ship blondie with you, though. She seems to be totes new here. That said, I'm heading out and I'll be fine. And you'd be surprised what my 'little butterknife' can do."

She picked up her vases and tucked her dagger back into her sheath. She started walking towards the Enkidu with the hopes of passing by her, but upon seeing her weapon, she stopped. Her eyes had widened a bit, but she quickly reverted to her poker face.

"You know, that hammer reminds me about a few rumors that's been going 'round," she said. "About a mad red panda protecting a special and lost shrine."

The Enkidu's ears would pick up the sound of Ami reaching for her sheath.

"But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"
    Chidarake
    Chidarake

Post by Chidarake Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:33 am

Near where the three were having their encounter, a sand dune built up from the storm slightly started to shake. On the side facing away from them, a single tail of white fur was poking out, furiously waving about. After a few moments, the top of the sand burst, and Eun awkwardly but quickly got her feet back under her before shaking her body to get rid of the loose sand. After a bit of running her fingers through her fur to get rid of any that had stuck around, though, she finally noticed the three nearby.

First impressions were that it was not a very friendly meeting, given that two of them were going for their weapons. The other was an Enkidu - no need for them to reach for a weapon to be threatening. The thing that finally landed Eun's interest though was the instrument that one of them was holding. Her eyes lit up as she immediately forgot about the weapons, readjusted her cloak, and then briskly walked up towards the one holding the Oud, her tail waving back and forth as she walked.
    Kemp
    Kemp

Post by Kemp Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:52 pm

Amberley raised an eyebrow at the girl. She looked unimpressed by the attempt at intimidation. Her ears twitched a bit and she narrowed her eyes at Ami.

"OK. First off, don't even think about it, I can hear you reaching for your toothpick. I've had people try like a billion times to sneakily grab their knife and it doesn't work," She said. "Sorry to break it to you, but the ears aren't just for show, I have better hearing than you humans!"

She then stretched her left arm above her head and grinned at the girl. "Also, you shouldn't get sucked in with rumours, they're often untrue, you know. Well, that one isn't. Yeah, that's me! Though the mad part is a little rude."

She smiled at Ren after her words with Ami. "That's not even my most exciting story, either! I have a whole list of the crazy things have happened to me!"

Amberley heard footsteps coming their way, so she turned her head and saw an Enkidu walking towards them! How wonderful!

"Hello! Are you a traveler too?" She called out.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:22 pm

Annnnnd things were getting hostile in a hurry!

Had she started it off by resting a hand on her blade? She certainly hoped not! It was a casual position at best! Either way Ami was getting aggressive and Amberley was pretty much egging her on by being way too forthcoming. Well this would NOT stand! What kind of story is 'I met these two girls and they immediately killed each other.' Man, she didn't want to make up an intricate and compelling backstory between the two of them! Plus, if one survived, well then she might get called a liar!

"Hey an idea just wormed its way into my head." Ren stepped between the two, hands up, smile at the ready. "What if we all just relaxed? 'Tis too fine a day to spill blood yeah? Instead lets all go to a tavern or something. There's...probably one nearby! I can get us all free drinks and we can engage in all kinds of frivolous debauchery together. Sounds a mite better than cold blooded killings right?"

Just then, something incredible happened.

ANOTHER enkidu sprung up from the sands and bravely trotted towards...her? Ren blinked a few times at the lack of greeting, or any other kind of noise, from the girl. Still, she seemed excited to see her? Her little tail was wagging back in forth...she was looking at her oud?

SHE WAS A FAN!

Oh no! She was a fan!!! Ren looked back towards the two, giving them the most intense look she's given in the past month alone. "Be on your best behavior." She couldn't let them embarrass her in front of a fan! After one more lingering glare she turned back to the approaching newcomer and waved. "Hello there friend! Have you gotten swept up by the storm as well?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:52 am

Ami clenched her teeth as Amberley called out her dagger and also insulted it for being a toothpick.

"Hey, hey! It's a buttefly knife and I'll have you know I've killed bigger things than your brick on a stick there," she snapped.

But the other thing Amberley said registered, too. The rumors were true? If that were the case, then...

It wasn't long before Ren tried to appease the situation and lo and behold another washed up stranger appeared before them. A tiny little Enkidu with a spear (what was it with Enkidu and stick weapons??). Ren telling them telling them to be on their best behavior made Ami puff her cheeks huffily.

When everyone started introducing themselves, she rolled her eyes.

"Let me guess. You got swept by the sandstorm and are lost, right, kid?"
    Chidarake
    Chidarake

Post by Chidarake Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:41 am

Eun's ears twitched around as the three spoke while she approached; at least two of them seemed to want to ease the tensions, but the last one was still trying to act tough. Well, hopefully she'd calm down too. Especially if one of them could play music!

As she approached and the three gave their own different greetings, Eun nodded in turn to Amberly and Ren, but ignored Ami. There were more important things than picking a fight with someone who insisted on keeping up the 'tough' act. Instead, Eun looked over at Ren and pointed at the instrument in her hand before reaching into the neck of her tunic and pulling out her necklace, showing the metallic music note pendant on it and pointing back and forth between the two excitedly before stashing the jewelry back where it belonged.
    Kemp
    Kemp

Post by Kemp Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Amberley snorted at Ami's remarks.

"Wow, you got a real winning personality there. What a way to make a good first impression. I bet you're really popular back home, huh?" She said.

She yawned a bit and winked at the girl. "It's people like you who end up dead in a ditch and not a single soul alive would shed a tear. But if you're OK being that person, then I support you all the way!"

Amberley grinned at Eun's motions and turned towards Ren. "I think she wants you to play a piece there, yeah? I would suggest waiting until a safe spot, but if you wanna play here, I'm all ears!"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:41 am

Dear sweet gods she was about to beat these two with her oud. Ren stood there, dumb smile on face, as the two behind her went back and forth. She said. BEST. BEHAVIOR. It's like they were children! Honestly! At this rate her name was going to be dragged through the mud simply by association!

"Apologies for my associates, I've only just encountered them. I'm sure we can ALL" She looked pointedly at the two behind her. "Get along just fine if we simply drop the hurtful words hmm? Now, what was your name?" The enkidu's resulting actions were very informative to Ren. It seemed she lacked the ability to speak! Still, Ren took it in stride, keeping her smile up throughout the girl's actions. "What a pretty necklace." She idly commented before strumming lightly on her Oud. "I am Ren Everette, Jewel of Saadedge. Though, I'm sure you already knew that." She could help but let out a small giggle at the thought.

It seemed she was expected to play. Given the tension in the air? She wasn't going to screw around or phone it in here! "The safest place you all can be is near me." She took a few steps back, slowly beginning to tune her Oud. "I can keep us safe while we play, and treat you all to something really special at the same time." She gave a wink and flashed a smile."Everyone take a rest and cool your head, or maybe stand and dance? We'll be safe here for the moment."

She let out a sigh and began to play a melody. It started simple enough, but as Ren began to dance it almost seemed as if other instruments were joining in out of seemingly nowhere. She danced to the beat of both her Oud, and these seemingly invisible instruments. If any of the others focused on the bard's lips, they'd notice her speaking silent words every few seconds.

Throughout all this, Ren was concentration hard on maintaining an illusion while playing and dancing. She was slinging several spells in a row in order to add these "invisible" instruments and project them right into the ears of her audience. The other major hurdle was a secondary illusion she was putting up to pretty much cloak them all. It was hard, and it was utterly exhausting. But she was going to give a show of a lifetime damn it! She'd show them why she was called the Jewel of Saadedge!
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:07 pm

Ami rolled at the Enkidu's attempt to try and insult her. What did she know? Ami had been fighting in the desert since she was three and she had a loving family waiting for her back home who were in desperate need of water. Water she no longer had. Did she care to divulge this information? Not really. She was done with this group and could make the walk home.

"You'd be surprised if you didn't let your assumptions run to your head all the time because you're so sun baked," Ami said as she was walking away. "I should have known better than to think a kooky raccoon about Illeia"

And then, in a lower voice, "I'll just find Illeia's temple myself."

She was just about to head out when Ren started playing music. It wasn't just music either, but Ami was suddenly seeing other musical instruments in the air. They started her so much, that she did reveal her butterfly knife and almost attacked a random instrument near her, but quickly refrained.

"What...what exactly is this?" she murmured.
    Chidarake
    Chidarake

Post by Chidarake Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:45 am

Eun stepped back as Ren began introducing herself, tilting her head slightly and gazing upwards as she tried to think. Did she know of a 'Jewel of Saadedge'? Nope, not really. Either way, she returned her gaze to the musician as she continued talking and tuning her instrument. Eun's tail began to move faster, her anticipation obvious. As Ren's hands began to move along the strings of the instrument and the music began to quite literally take shape, Eun looked around to try and find where the extra instruments were coming from. But it didn't take long for her to give up, as her legs took over and she began to dance as well.

She started simple, moving her feet in time with the music, but as the melody picked up, her movements became more forceful, her feet stomping the ground in time with the beat, her legs carrying her around the area as she brought her arms up, waving and twirling them about. The smile on her face alone was enough to show the others how much she was enjoying Ren's concert, enough that she didn't even notice that Ami had brandished her weapon again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm