Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Vestigial Self [Closed - Miharu]

Silverion
    Silverion

Vestigial Self [Closed - Miharu] - Page 2 Empty Re: Vestigial Self [Closed - Miharu]

Post by Silverion Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:30 am

"Hnng!?" But to Kassandra's surprise, her attempt to cut the Incantus' tail off was met with a failure that defied scientific logic, something which shouldn't be so surprising considering she was combating a being made of magic. Her sword hit the ground due to her strike, but the tail didn't appear so much as scratched from her slash. She did at least get Memphis' attention, as he turned to her to cast an electric attack.

If it wasn't because she was busy regaining her footing after touching ground in an awkward manner due to her failed attack, she would have noticed that at least Liseran was out of danger, and safe among wooden containers. She only had a small window to react, and a direct attack would also mean taking Memphis' attack head on, which had a big chance of her not being able to land a hit anyway. So the best course of action was to directly dodge.

Without thinking, she quickly tried to leap away from the attack despite still not being in a correct position, and while it managed to get her out of danger, jumping from an unbalanced form made her stumble and roll on the ground, leaving the Walpurgis lying down on the cobblestone floor. "Don't say I didn't-" "Shut up!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Vestigial Self [Closed - Miharu] - Page 2 Empty Re: Vestigial Self [Closed - Miharu]

Post by Lilac Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:51 am

Finally getting up, Liseran yanked at one of the bells that was tucked into the bandolier draped over her. Its silver metal shone in the moonlight as she shot it forward and rang it loudly. A ball of fire would aim itself a Mephistopheles, as if in order to bring his attention back to her and give Kassandra time to move. The Incantus growled.

"Do not test me, child!" he said to Liseran.

Liseran would ring her bell again, this time sending out several Cartic marks of binding towards the Incantus. The Incantus would morph, swirling into a spiral of black smoke before morphing into what looked like a black figure cloaked in white and trimmed with gold. It wore a long white mask with two holes for shining gold eyes. A pair of long cat ears seemed to peer out from the hood, and its thin, long, and black arms motioned in order to cast a spell of lightning towards Liseran.

Liseran responded by this time ringing her bell in an 8-motion, which brought up a small barrier shield that shattered the moment it came in contact with the lightning. At this rate, if Kassandra noticed, the exchange was going to continue unless she stepped in.
    Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:42 am

Thankfully, instead of being struck by Memphis' attacks, the girl that was being assaulted managed to retaliate through the use of her bell, and Cartic magic. This in turn, caused enragement in the Incantus, and proceeded to shift attentions from Kassandra to her, his form changing to a more humanoid one. "Bah, vain little thing." Trebax huffed, his pride over his more animalistic form showing, one which was ignored by Kassandra.

The girl was stuck, but not defenseless, as her magics created a barrier protecting her from the Incantus' spells. Given this gave her the change to properly stand up, Kassandra could simply run away and undo her attempts at getting involved into matters that didn't concern her. It would be what any sensible person would do, however, Kassandra wasn't one to run away from a fight with her tail between her legs. Despite the fact that her attacks have failed, she refused to both giving up and using her own Incantus to retaliate. "He's making my blood boil. Allow me to-" "Silence, beast." She thought, but her protests would fall on deaf ears, as from out of her cloak, a large animal sprung out of it, bearing the resemble of a fiery red wolf. The appearance would be a sudden, his dashing too fast to perceive at first, and his target was Memphis' "neck", aiming to grab it and sink his teeth into it, while flailing him like a hungry wold.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:24 pm

Mephistopheles' lightning attack would halt the moment the Incantus was pounced on by another. Screeching, his body would turn into black smoke before morphing back into a black jaguar, growling and stamping on the ground in order to send a wave of electricity pulsing against the stone ground in a radius enveloping him and the fire wolf.

"Why do you fight me, brother? Are we not the same?" Mephistopheles growled. "My hunt is mine and yours is yours!'

Stopping the barrier, Liseran leaned against a wall in exhaustion. She'd grab Kassandra's wrist and tug it.

"We have to leave...now," she said. "It won't be long before the Expiate arrive."

Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:38 am

Before his bite could inflict a mortal wound, Mephistopheles turned his form yet again, the smoke going through his teeth as his mouth closed violently. A look of hunger and cockiness shinning through his wolf-like features, as he turned to see the Incantus turn into a black jaguar. Canine versus feline?

"Our kinship is tenuous at best, brother." Trebax replied, not even flinching by the impromptu arena the opposing Incantus erected for them. "But you are right, I have my hunt. You are just amusement." And with that, he pulled the first move by letting a continuous blaze of fire be expelled from his mouth, aiming to burn Mephis.

As for Kassandra and Liseran, she allowed her wrist to be handled, as she took off to take Liseran to a safer place. "Let them have their fight." She advised, as she pushed ahead with Liseran towards a more secluded area of the alleyways. And once they were distant enough, she would stop to observer the girl. "Are you unhurt?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:04 pm

When Kassandra asked her if she was hurt, Liseran merely raised a hand in dismissal. She was still sore from the pain during the binding spell and remnants of the sharp, jolting sensation of needles piercing into her muscles were still there. Regardless, she stood up and propped herself against a wall.

"I am fine," she said. "But you have to--"

She'd be interrupted by the argument the two Incantii were having. Quite similar to what happened with Valen and Fable, Mephistopheles had no power or influence over this girl's Incantus. It was loyal to her at the very least, and it wasn't hesitating to fight him. But to this, the feline Incantus just rolled his eyes.

"Fool."

The fireball would miss as Mephistopheles once again turned into black smoke. This time, however, the Incantus didn't bother retaliating and would flee upwards into the sky before landing on the ledge of the roof in the form of a black cat.

"I have no time for this," he said. "Don't worry, Liseran dear, I'll be back for you! For now have your fun!"

With that, he shifted into smoke again, flying into the air with the current of the wind and disappearing.

"Tsk. That's so like him to run. Coward," Liseran said under her teeth.

She'd finally look at Kassandra properly, her face still grave, but holding the expression of gratefulness.

"Thank you for your help. It was unwise you tried to help me, but I suppose with an Incantus by your side, it's not hard to see why," she said.

She glanced at Kassandra's Incantus with slight wariness, but didn't remark on it. This wasn't her first time dealing with Incantus and Kassandra's intentions had so far seemed to be those of good ones.

"My name's Liseran Dormirse," she said. "I think it's best we stay clear of this area. I wouldn't want you being found out by officers."
    Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:03 am

It was rather understandable that Liseran was in pain over the altercation, as Kassandra spoke no words when Liseran tried to recover her footing after flinching in pain. Using the chance, she turned to see the battle occur, with Trebax wasting no time in doing the first move. But his attack missed completely, as Mephistopheles turned to smoke and moved away from the Incantus, letting the group of the hook for now. "Mmph, coward." He muttered, puffing a bit of smoke from his nostrils, relaxing his muscles.

But at last, the danger was over.

Letting a sigh, Kassandra turned to Liseran, who began talking to her about how her Incantus gave them the edge today. "Trust me, his participation was not something I intended to allow." She said, as Trebax jumped out of the arena Mephistopheles made for them, walking slowly to the girls with a grin on his face. "Your foolhardiness was entertainment to see, but without me you wouldn't have lasted a moment with that phantom." He said, making Kassandra grit her teeth towards him. "I had it under control, you foul beast. Your intervention would have brought this place down had that Incantus not absconded when he did." It was clear between the anger behind Kassandra's eye, and Trebax's own smug look, that there was some clear tension between the two.

However, Liseran's words reminided Kassandra they weren't alone, and her glare softened ever so slightly. "... Right, we should." She said, sheathing her sword, as Trebax quickly moved out of sight in her person. "The name's Kassandra Yoxall, by the way. Do you have someplace I should take you to tend to your wounds?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:11 am

Liseran watched as the Incantus and its master debated. Given their familiar nature, the newcomer probably had made a contract a while back. She couldn't help of thinking of another instance of a user and an Incantus fighting, but she decided to brush it away.

When Kassandra introduced herself and offered they find a place where Liseran could have her wounds tended to, the violet-haired girl shook her head and lifted a hand.

"It's alright. I can tend to myself," she said.

Reaching for one of her bells latched at her waist, Liseran cast a Cartic glyph underneath her. The glyph glowed faintly as a cool yellow light washed over her and reverted the lesions Mephistopheles had inflicted on her. Once she finished, she looked again at Kassandra and gave a slight bow.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Yoxall," she said. "Albeit, our circumstances of meeting are quite unfortunate. I suppose it is best though we hide ourselves away. If you would like, I can give you a place to stay for the night. That said, I myself have to continue pursuing that awful cat."
    Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Sat May 11, 2019 2:27 am

Turns out, Liseran was able to heal herself without her need, as the casting of one of her spells seemingly healed her wounds. Kassandra merely stared at her with a furrowed but vacant stare, still wanting to make sure she was unwounded once her trick was over. One she healed herself, she gave Kassandra a bow, which she acknowledge with a slight nod.

And then, she offered a place for her to stay for the night? "The offer is rather generous." She said, her tone not exactly conveying gratitude, but rather... wariness. "But why are you in pursuit of that creature? Can't you ask the Expiate to help you?" And most importantly, can she even face him if Liseran were to find him? She looked like she had difficulty fighting it when Kassandra found her.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat May 11, 2019 2:36 am

The mention of 'Expiate' was enough to make Liseran frantically shake her head.

"What? No! Absolutely not!" she said. "If they get involved in this--if they find out he's here, then I'll never be able to use--"

Liseran stopped herself and looked down. She took a deep breath and then tried to calmly face Kassandra again.

"Things would be more complicated for me if the Expiate knows," she said. "And it would do more harm to our kind than it would if he was out there free. As for myself, I need to contain that Incantus because..."

At this, her expression saddened and she clutched her arm tightly. Her eyes glanced to the side, as if ashamed about what she was going to say next.

"A little girl's going to be in danger, if I don't," she said. "I was tasked in making sure that Incantus was under our control, and I failed. Now he wants to make a contract with a girl who has a lot of potential, but who knows what he might manipulate her into trying to do."

She sighed and started to walk off.

"Listen, I'm more than grateful for your help earlier, but I'll be taking it from here," she said. "I cannot waste any more time, and I also don't want to get you into trouble."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:08 am