Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Gotta Get My Drink On!; [GF, otherwise Ask First]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Gotta Get My Drink On!; [GF, otherwise Ask First]  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Get My Drink On!; [GF, otherwise Ask First]

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:55 am

So they were drinking more mead! Oh, this was almost too easy.

"Yes!" He cheered. He then quickly started picking up the glasses and guzzling them, one by one.

He set the four glasses down on the table and smiled cheerfully. "More, please!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Gotta Get My Drink On!; [GF, otherwise Ask First]  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Get My Drink On!; [GF, otherwise Ask First]

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:55 am

And then the bets were raised, as the bartender placed not 3, but 12 glasses in front of them. Given how it there were three participants, Goibniu deduced that it was intended to be 4 each.

One more, one less, it was the same to him. "Ho ho! Don't leave me behind!" He said, as he picked each of his 4 glasses carefully, and gulped them in one go, one by one. Just because he was in a drinking contest, it didn't mean he had to forfeit all manners.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:56 am

Aspen drank her four tankards alongside them without complain, wiping her mouth as she hastily chased one down after the other.

The bartender smiled.

"Now, don't all of you look confident?" he said. "Alright, next round."

This time, the bartender took a strange blue flagon from his shelf and popped its cork. As it was poured down into several glasses it swirled into different colors before settling to a light maroon.

"A special wine from Saoirse," he said. "Rosenthal Brewery's Ramblebud wine. It's particularly stronger and you mighgt get a little woozy from it."

As the three continued their contest, a cloaked figure sat down at a table and was drinking its own selection of Ramblebud wine. It seemed to be observing them, but didn't make a move to approach of speak to them.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Aleph looked at the glasses as the wine went through some sort of rainbow swirl before finally settling on a maroon color. Ramblebud wine, it was apparently called. And it was supposed to make you slightly woozy. Oh, please. If mead couldn't phase Aleph, then what could some rainbow-colored wine do?

Aleph laughed. "I'm not afraid of some fancy wine." He said. He then calmly picked up the glasses and drank them softly, one by one, then finally set them all back down on the table. He smiled. "I feel classy."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Goibniu observed the concoction in awe as it's colors danced in the glasses before settling down into one, more familiar color. "Ah, refined!" He said, before picking one of the glasses, and started analysing the way one would test a brand of wine. Smelling the scent, gently rocking the glass, and eventually taking a sip. "I say, the selection is marvelous!" With that said, he drank it carefully, alongside other glasses set on the table.

"I must remember to find a brewery to purchase it before going home, my father will enjoy this."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:57 am

"Enough nonsense," Aspen said.

Looking at the bottle in the bartender's hand, she snatched it, poured her wine back into it, and then proceeded to down the entire alto in one sitting.

She slammed it down and then made a quick gasp of air before smiling.

"Enough playing around," she said. "Hit us with something hard. If none of these guys are weaklings, they can handle it without gradually making their way up to adjust themselves. They'll handle the shock."

The bartender sighed and then cleaned the glasses away before presenting a line of shot glasses. He then started pouring a silvery clear liquid into each.

"Now, I don't usually serve this, but this here, friends, is silver wodka from Eisleyn. Very hard and you'll feel a burn as it goes down your throat. I'll have chasers ready for you after."

"Chasers schmasers!" Aspen groaned as she waved her hand dismissively.

She was, by now, acting a little obnoxious and it was hard to tell if that was alcohol or the need of alcohol talking.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:58 am

Oh, now things were getting serious! The bartender started rolling out the hard stuff, which was apparently some silver-colored wodka drink from Eisleyn. Apparently, not only could Eisleynians grow flowers in their homeland, but they could brew alcohol too! Who knew?

But that was neither here nor there! Aleph looked at the drink for a moment, contemplating whether or not he should actually drink it, considering the bartender's words. However, Aspen didn't seem to care, since she was already eager to continue the competition. So, Aleph took a deep breath, then took the glasses and drank the wodka.

Oh dear father in heaven, this drink was strong.

The bartender was not wrong when he said that it would feel like something burning as it went down Aleph's throat. He blinked as he suddenly began to question his decisions, then picked up another glass and continued drinking. One by one, he gulped it all down, swallowing it all and attempting to overcome the burning sensation. A little bit of liquid dripped down from his mouth as he drank it.

When he was finally done, he set the glasses down and shook his head for a moment. Was he seeing stars? Oh, wait. That was just him. Haha! Aleph smiled.

"Is that all you got?" He said, resisting the urge to burp. "I'm a hero! I can take on anything you throw at me!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:58 am

"Oh boy, she was getting feisty." And not only that, she was raising the stakes as well! Given how he was able to keep control of his sense, he could hardly blame her.

And sure enough, the bartender caved in, presenting them a stronger selection of vod-no, wodka. He has only heard of how potent the beverage was, so much so that he hasn't had it before. But trusting his gut, he didn't show any weakness, and grabbed his first glass of wodka, before downing it as quickly as possible. The only thing familiar was that if the drink burns your throat, it's better to not think and gulp.

And wow, he was not kidding.

"B-Blazes!" Literally, his throat was burning just from that first glass, he was not going to surrender. He continued drinking his glasses without a second thought, all until his row was empty. After putting his last glass, he made a loud sigh of relief, as he began noticing the borders of his eyes seemed... A bit blurry.

"Alright, that's another drink down!" He was probably going to be sick, but hey, it's competition!
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:59 am

Aspen happily downed the wodka, her face tinging light pink when she was through.

"Finally, you present something decent!" she exclaimed. "A little favor, my dear friend, why not give us some Saoirsian rhum next? That special one by House Dalunes."

The bartender smirked.

"Oh, you must be coughing up the denars tonight if you want Dalunes'," he said.

He came back with three more glasses, this time showing a golden-colored drink.

"Heavier than wodka," he said. "And if this doesn't start affecting you, I will seriously have to wonder if you're in an Incantus contract."

"Who needs contracts when you sleep with whiskey nightly?" Aspen slurred. She gave Aleph an unfriendly poke. "Ey...ey pink hat. You better not die after all this alcohol. I need you to pay...for when you and McCrae LOOOOSE!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:59 am

And now they were breaking out the expensive rhum. Oh wow, this drinking contest actually might not have been one of Aleph's brightest ideas. Then again, traveling to an icy and frozen wasteland to kill a heartless princess didn't exactly sound smart either. But that was neither here nor there!

As the golden drinks were served, the bartender made a remark about being in an Incantus contract. Aleph chuckled lightly for a moment. Technically, he actually was in a contract with a fire-breathing Incantus, but for completely different reasons. None of which were relevant to the drinking contest.

"Pffft, ha! It'll take a lot more than alcohol to kill me!" He said to Aspen after she poked him. "I've fought dungeons and dragons and angry birds. And I lived to tell the tale!"

Actually, Aleph only fought one angry bird so far. But it wasn't like anyone was going to fact-check the things he said. This was a drinking contest, not an opera! Although, Aleph wouldn't mind doing that instead.

Aleph quickly took the glass and chugged it down with all of his might, gulping every last drop. When he set the glass back down, he found himself swaying side to side. Now he really was seeing stars. He hiccupped once before smiling, his face tinged slightly red.

"Woo hoo hoo hoo!" He cheered. "More!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:09 am