A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

A Floral Print Cloth; [Closed-Grimoire]

Lilac
    Admin

Re: A Floral Print Cloth; [Closed-Grimoire]

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:31 am

The small Enkidu shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh, I don't knoow," she told Valen. "Paper-white skin, the frilly goth get up, that sad look on your face. Not to mention you're with two young women who are wonderful prey for sucking blood from."

Liseran flinched at this statement and clutched her fists.

"H-hey! I'll have you know I can defend myself quite fine from vampires!" she squeaked out with a flushed face.

Remi meanwhile looked at Valen and smiled. "Mister isn't a vampire. He's a hero. Besides, he's not burning in the light or has long fangs."

Chartreuse ignored these remarks and went on to answering his second question.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you where the encampment is," she said. "Though we have reason to believe it is one nearby. Probably near an old burial burrow where they buried some dead during the war. Shouldn't be hard to miss. Now...my pay?"

The cat girl opened her palm and closed it alternatively and a greedy gesture. Liseran took a coin purse from her satchel and handed it to the Enkidu.

"Thank you, Chartreuse," she said. "Valen, anything else you want to add before she goes?"

"For pay, of course."

"Chartreuse!"

"Whaaat?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Valen shook his head and slowly rose from his chair. At the same time, he took out a few denars and dropped them on the table.

"If that's all you can tell me, that's fine," he said. He then nudged the coins closer to the Enkidu lady. "But would you mind watching the little one here for a bit? Consider this compensation for your time."

He looked to Liseran with a look saying We still need to talk.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Remi pouted.

"I don't need watching over," she insisted. "Besides, Chartreuse is only two years older than me!"

The Enkidu's cat ears perked up and she quickly ran to cover the girl's mouth.

"Bwaaaah, be quiet!" Chartreuse hissed. A cat tail poked from behind her, stiff and its hairs on end.

Liseran sighed and merely nodded at Valen.

"Both of you do behave, we'll be back soon enough," she said.

Liseran gently got up from her chair and beckoned Valen to a shady corner of the cafe.

"Before you say anything, let me just say I haven't noticed her seal fading until now," she said quietly and in worry. "In fact, I don't even remember it being that faded at all when I first saw it. And even if it were fading by natural cause, it wouldn't be so fast."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"Maybe, but it could be a ruse," he murmured. "Regardless, you gotta keep both eyes on her. This is only based on intuition but something's off."

He pursed his lips and stared at the ground. His eyes were clouded with unease and uncertainty.

"That accursed cat is after her, but why? Her mother ran away without her daughter. Now why? Even with the Expiate on her toes, it's odd she never made some attempt to retrieve her daughter. Not to mention despite being sealed, she was described as using skilled magic..."

He glanced at Liseran by the corner of his eye and gouged her response.

"I've been wondering for a while now... why is a member of the expiate helping a warlock and the child of a runaway witch?" His question wasn't out of malice or suspicion. He had the look of honest quandary.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Liseran flushed and looked down at the ground. She touched her arm tensely.

"I-I'm not an Expiate member..." she murmured softly. "I mean, yes, by family I suppose I am one, but I was just as much a witch as any other Walpurgis..."

Her forget-me-not blue eyes hardened.

"I was born a Walpurgis," she said plainly. "You can tell that doesn't bode well if I was affiliated with the Expiate, huh? I've never liked how awful witches are treated. And whatever the case, whether I was a Walpurgis or not, I would not leave a child alone to fend for herself."

She straightened up and looked firmly at Valen. She had gone back to being stiff.

"Besides, Mephis was my responsibility. I will not let him harm a little girl," she said. "That is all you need to know."

Liseran glanced back at Remi who was pestering Chartreuse about her cat ears to no end.

"I take it you'll be taking leave soon after this," she said. "I have business elsewhere so I'll be putting Remi under my mentor's trust. Don't worry, she's all for girls like Remi's cause and she's far more skilled in my kind of my magic than I am. Remi will be safe from both the Expiate and Mephis. Is there any way I can contact you? I have business in Aldmerrow's borders so I might as well come along with you to find the girl's mother. if she's there, of course."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"Mmm. I see," Valen muttered under his breath. He glanced off to the side with a disinterested expression. "Yeah. It's a shame I couldn't enjoy the last hours of the festival, not that it mattered much anyway. Be sure to tell me how the fair went."

A shadow seemed to move across the ground and moved directly under Valen's feet.

"Sorry, but I don't really have a means of contact," Valen stated. "I'm a traveler so it'll be better if I just send a message once in awhile..."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Liseran pouted. "Well, so long as you don't jump scare me, I'm fine with that, then," she said. She sighed and looked to the side. "What is it with men that they always need to be so secretive?"

Remi had gotten up from the table and heard something about "leaving". Slowly walking over, she looked up at Valen.

"Wait," she said. "You're not really leaving yet, are you? There's a lot of fun stuff going on later!"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:32 am

Valen knelt down and patted the little girl's head.

"Don't worry little one. I'll come back when I finish my search. I'm a traveler afterall. Travelling around is easy for me. So behave and wait for me to get back."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:42 pm