A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

A Floral Print Cloth; [Closed-Grimoire]

Lilac
    Admin

Re: A Floral Print Cloth; [Closed-Grimoire]

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:29 am

"T-t-tiny??" Liseran squeaked.

This time, Liseran's face turned rosy read and she did slam her heel on Valen's toes, but all while keeping her posture perfect as she sipped her lemon ice.

Remi giggled at Valen's comment.

"Lise has been super nice," she said. "She gave me a bath with lots of herbs and I smelled like flowers when I came out. She let me sleep in her bed and even bought me clothes. See?"

Remi stepped down to twirl the skirt of her dress momentarily.

"But she also scolded me when I tried to eat a few berries. Apparently they were enchanted to freeze you up, so I'm glad I didn't or I'd be as frozen as the sorbet. She may look strict and uptight, but she's actually very sweet."

Liseran merely pouted as Remi talked and blushed with her arms crossed.

"D-do I really look uptight ordinarily?" she mumbled to herself huffily.

She then cleared her throat and turned to Valen.

"Well, Mr. Valen, Remi's told you a bit about me, why not tell us about yourself?" she said bitterly. "It's only polite. Such as where do you come from? Are you a local here in Aldmerrow?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:29 am

Valen glanced at Liseran with a blank stare and without opening his mouth let out a shrill groan under his throat.

"An herbal bath hm," he hummed out loud as he studied the shine of his spoon absently, trying to play off the pain. "Be careful. She might be readying you for stew. I hope you're being a good girl and listening to her."

As Valen's attempts at diverting the topic continued to fail, he relented partially with a tired sigh.

"I'm a wanderer I guess you can say, so as far as anybody's concerned I don't come from anywhere but the last footprint I made."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:30 am

Liseran was visibly seething at Valen's remarks but merely upturned her nose and ate her sorbet in big scoops.

"Imbécile," she murmured in Saoirsian language.

Remi didn't seem to notice this and merely giggled at Valen's remark.

"Noooo...! I'm too skinny to eat!" she laughed. "Mama said something along those lines, too. Like if I misbehaved a mean old wolf would come out and eat me."

She then gasped at Valen's answer. "Oh, so you're a traveler?" she said. "That's so interesting! I'm not even allowed to leave my house on most days! Have you ever been to Saoirse? I hear it's very pretty there. Lots of towns and fancy houses. Or maybe Stahlmin where they have those big old machines."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Valen was about to reply when something caught his ear. He looked at Remi for some time. Something about what she just said. It bothered him for some reason.

"You don't leave the house Remi?" Valen asked.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Remi shook her head.

"Mama doesn't let me go out unless I'm with her," she said. "She says bad people will come and get me, otherwise. But I don't mind staying inside the house so long as Mama is with me. We read old books and draw stuff and she's even making the ugly seal on my hand fade."

Remi showed Valen her seal on her palm. Indeed, the markings seemed almost faded. As if someone had been scrubbing off black ink. Liseran seemed to have only heard this now as well as she was was staring at Remi intently.

"Mama said someday someone special was going to come for me," she said. "And we wouldn't have to be sad anymore."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Valen stared intently at the little girl for some time, listening closely as she spoke. He looked up at Liseran and jerked his head to the side in a gesture to say We need to talk about this.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Liseran made a short nod to Valen. She was about to tell Remi that she and Valen needed to talk privately for a moment, but a considerably short figure in a dark green cloak, just about a few inches taller than Remi approached them.

"Ahem."

Liseran straightened up in her chair.

"Oh, Char, you're here," she said.

The short figure pulled off it's hood and revealed a peculiarly short young girl with short bright green hair and yellow eyes. Two cream-white cat ears twitched above her head and her face was streaked with whiskers. She wore two bows on each side of her hair.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Miss," she said in a low and nasally voice. "I needed to confirm whether the source was plausible and it seems it is."

"Oh, it's Chartreuse!" Remi said happily. She petted the young woman's head. "Such a nice kitty..."

Chartreuse hissed and swatted Remi's hands away. "Bwaaah, how many times must I tell you I am not a real cat!?"

Remi only giggled. Chartreuse then noticed Valen and stiffened. She bit her lip and then glanced at Liseran.

"Who's the vampire?"

LIseran sighed tiredly and gestured to Valen.

"He's the one I was talking about. He's helping find Remi's mother as well. Valen, I'd like you to meet Chartreuse. She's an informant I hire from time to time."

The feline Enkidu turned to Valen and made a polite gesture of placing her hand on her chest and bowing.

"A definite pleasure," she said not sounding all too pleasant. "Anyhow, I've arrived to tell you there have been sightings of Mrs. Thalia in the nearby woods and it seemed she might be heading in the direction of Dearmad. It's a little strange, if you think about it, but I suppose it's much safer to be in the wilderness than where you're being hunted."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"V-Vampire?" Valen muttered, a shadow casting over his face as he was struck with bewilderment. He got over it once the girl started talking, He nodded along, listening closely.

"Who exactly is this source of yours?" he asked. "The general area of Dearmad is a good place to start but is there a more precise location?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Remi herself perked up at the news.

"You found something out about Mama?" she said excitedly, almost getting up from her chair.

Liseran motioned for Remi to sit back down.

"Let's hear what she has to say."

From her robe, Chartreuse pulled out a pair of large, round glasses and propped them on her nose. She then pulled out a roll of parchment and read it.

"Well, I've been pulling strings with the Haven networks and it seems she's been bouncing from place to place. She took a few things from her home, and based on the condition of it, she was going around taking as many important things as possible to flee. A few of her 'sister' Walpurgis have stated that it wouldn't be unlike her to leave if the Expiate were hot on her trail, but they find it odd that she left her daughter behind," Chartreuse said.

Remi's eyes lowered, but she remained quiet. Chartreuse cleared her throat and continued.

"There are rumors that Thalia is planning to seek help from the outside in Dearmad. Possibly a contact of some sort. Perhaps another Walpurgis in a small camping establishment. Thalia's deemed to be skilled in magic, so she should have no problem protecting herself. That said, if you want to find her, you'd actually have to go to Dearmad and tell her about Remi."

Chartreuse rolled up her parchment and glanced at both Liseran and Valen.

"Now, are there any questions? Miss Dormirse? Vampire?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"Oi, oi, why am I a vampire?" Valen grumbled under his breath. He looked to the green-haired enkidu and hummed under his throat in thought. "So can you tell me where this encampment is and where I can find this possible contact? Once I got a direction to look, I'll head out immediately."

He looked down for a moment and contemplated the events, his fingers thumping rhythmically against the table. Something still seemed off about all this. Something between the lines he's not seeing.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:19 pm