A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

A Floral Print Cloth; [Closed-Grimoire]

Lilac
    Admin

A Floral Print Cloth; [Closed-Grimoire]

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:27 am

Late morning on the second day of the fair, Liseran was not doing the recon work she usually was. Rather, the purple-haired girl sat in front of a small parlor eating a sorbet. It was definitely what she didn't have in mind today, nor did she feel comfortable sitting down and doing nothing, but Abbess insisted she focus on keeping Remi distracted while they went to work finding the girl's missing mother.

As she relished in a persimmon sorbet, Liseran glanced across her table. Remi had enjoyed her Straberyeye, a strawberry pudding with currants. The little girl no longer wore her worn out white dress and kerchief, but a dainty two-piece smock dress with a blue under layer and a white one over it. Her red-hair had been pinned back with a blue bow and Liseran had given her a good scrubbing so her ruddy face shone white. Liseran herself wore an airier light blue dress with long sleeves and a frilly white under layer tied back with a white sash. A large blue flower acted as a broach and she wore a light pair of boots. Remi smiled at her.

"Thank you for the treat, Lise," Remi chirped.

Liseran tried to smile in return.

"You're welcome, Remi," she said. "It's only natural we try to enjoy ourselves during the fair. Besides, I have to keep an eye out for your friend."

Remi giggled.

"Mama never let me eat sweets," she said. "I could only have them if there were leftover fig pastries from what she sold. I like them, but I get tired of eating them."

Remi looked around warily and then whispered to Liseran.

"You promise not to tell her when she's found?" Remi asked.

Liseran's smile faltered. It was heartbreaking seeing how confident Remi had grown about her mother being found. After all, Mephis had hinted that her mother might have been...

Liseran shook her head. She wasn't going to give the cat a single thought. He had most likely been lying. Besides, she had promised to do everything she could along with Valen. She smiled at Remi and petted the girl's head.

"I promise," she said.

If only all promises were so easy to keep.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Re: A Floral Print Cloth; [Closed-Grimoire]

Valen walked into the parlor with a tired expression, his shadow stretching across the ground. Unlike everyone else enjoying the festival, he was making a tireless effort in his investigations, wandering from spot to spot trying to find a woman that matched the description. It was then he spotted the two girls and walked up to them.

"Hey there you two," he said out loud as he approached. How are you doing Remi?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Liseran almost jumped from her seat at Valen's sudden greeting. She whirled around and sighed in relief.

"Oh my goodness, it was just you..." she said.

Remi, however, did jump out of her seat and rushed to Valen.

"Mister!" she said running up to him. She jumped up and down excitedly. "You're back so fast! Did you already find my Mama? Lise and I have been searching all day, but we knew you were, too. Did you find her? Did you?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

He placed a hand on the little girl's head and pet her softly.

"Not... yet. But I think I'm making progress," he reassured her, unease in his tone. "Have you been doing well? The wicked lady is not fattening you up to eat you is she?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:28 am

Liseran's mouth formed a very prominent inverted "V" pout at Valen's remark and resisted the urge to slam her heel on Valen's toes.

Remi's bright expression faltered a bit at the news that her mother had not been found.

"O-oh...I see," she said.

Liseran glared at Valen and then turned to Remi, trying to smile as reassuringly as she could.

"Don't worry, Remi. As we said, we're doing our best and see? He said he's making progress. Now, why don't you be a polite little girl and fetch another sorbet for Valen?"

Remi nodded and made a small smile. Liseran gave her a few denars and the girl stepped into the store again. Liseran then pouted at Valen.

"Well, you're still disagreeable as ever," she huffed. "Anyways, the word has spread out among fellow Walpurgis about her mother. Her name apparently is Delilah Wakes. Though she goes by Thalia among Walpirgis."

Liseran opened her satchel and pulled out a small hand-drawn sketch of the woman. She looked rather young, not even in her thirties.

"A few people in my group know her, it seems. But she hasn't been at any of the Havens or her home. In her house, they merely found this."

Liseran pulled another thing out of her satchel and glanced warily into the store. Remi was still in line.

"You can't tell Remi about this, though..." she said.

She slipped the item into Valen's hand. It was a torn piece of cloth. Cotton with a floral print on it.

"Remi described her mother wearing a pink dress with floral print on it. I don't want to make assumptions but...I worry something might have happened to her."

Liseran sighed.

"Did you find anything on your end?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Valen closed his eyes and stuffed the torn cloth into his inner coat pocket.

"No. By progress I meant I know where she's not," he said in a hushed tone. "Just in case of the worst, I checked every alley and ditch. No sign whatsoever. But I'm going to keep looking. Can you promise me you'll look after her until then?"

He glanced off at the ground and stared forlornly at his own shadow that somehow seemed to stare back at him mockingly.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

This time Liseran did rise from her seat and looked at him seriously.

"Wait, you can't just go and disappear again," she said. "For one, I'm expecting someone to arrive soon who will have a lead for us both to follow. I know we can cover more ground split up, but at the same time I doubt it will be easy to contact you."

Liseran sighed and touched her arm nervously. She frowned.

"A-and second, well..." Liseran said. "Believe it or not, Remi's been looking forward to seeing you again. She calls you her 'hero' and I really do think you can stay at least a little while in order to distract her. At least until my friend arrives and you can hear her out on the new info."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Valen pursed his lips and stared at the ground as if contemplating the idea. He glanced off to the side at his late afternoon shadow. It was subtle with his own shadow shrugged its shoulders at him.

"Alright. I'll stick around until we hear this informant of yours," he said. He let out something that sounded like a scoff. "Hero, huh? I guess I'll play that role for a while."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Liseran was visibly relieved.

"Thank you," she said formally as she sat back down. She then said ruefully, "Hm, you must be an actor if you like playing different parts so much."

Remi soon came out with a glass of lemon-raspberry sorbet and raised it to Valen.

"Look, Mister!" she said excitedly. "I got you a sorbet. Be careful, though. It's really cold. Your teeth might sting like mine did."

"Thank you for getting Valen his sorbet, Remi," Liseran said.

Remi beamed and tugged on his wrist.

"Sit with us," she said. "And tell us about where you went after you left last night."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:29 am

"Not really," he plainly replied. "But lately I've been wanting to gain perspective."

As Remi came over, he reluctantly sat down. "Oh, nowhere worth accounting," he said as he dug his spoon into the frozen treat.

He chomped down on a spoonful with a blank expression. He dug up another spoonful and looked like he was going to eat it but the spoon blurred for a moment just when it reached his lips and he set it down. He'd actually flicked the icecream off the spoon but there was no evidence of that as it disappeared the moment it hit his shadow on the ground.

"Has the tiny lady been nice to you Remi?" Valen asked the little girl. "She hasn't been a bad influence on you, is she?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:41 pm