A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Day 02: Floral Garden

Lilac
    Admin

Re: Day 02: Floral Garden

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:35 pm

"Mmmm, sadly it won't be able to bloom until tomorrow judging by the color of the petals," he stated. "Oh I really would like to tell you about all the flowers here, but I think my time is just about up."

He smiled at Aleph and patted him on the shoulder. "Hey, don't let my words keep you down. You're a good lad. I really do like you. Hopefully I can see you again tomorrow and we'll be able to watch the Alraune bloom together."

The sound of boots thumping along the cobblestone path came from behind the pair. Two men marched up to them wearing grey long coats and reached their knees with fure lined hoods drawn down. They wore bandoliers crossing their chests and muskets on their backs with a bayonet on their side. Each one also had a scarf wrapped around their heads and goggles covering their eyes. It was a wonder they weren't melting wearing such covers but they marched on without a care, stopping just a foot away from Aleph and Aspen and looking pass them.

"Hail," they saluted, raising their right arms until they were parallel to the ground and raised the hand until the fingertips pointed to the sky, the thumbs touching their open palms. It was like a robotic wave to say hello. "Ser Charmr, please return to your post. You are needed by Master Albaan."

"Ah, what a bother. And I wanted to see the flowers more."

Out of practically nowhere, Duke pulled out a golden circlet embedded with jewels and a bright red drape. He slipped the crown on his head and turned his back to them as he swung the long cloth of red silk around his shoulders, the cape floating down as it descended down his back. When he turned around, it was as if he had changed costumes between acts in a play. His common clothes were gone and he wore a suit of plate armor. The armor was lean as if it was molded to his specific figure, shining a regal purple hue with golden accents, gems embedded along it on his chest and joints.

He twisted his neck to the left and the right, letting out a loud series of cracks before looking back at Aleph and Aspen. Adorning both jewels and armor, he looked like a king, but it was far from that.

"Well then, it was a pleasure meeting you two. I'm glad I was able to make friends today," he smiled with brimming honesty. "I look forward to seeing you again. But now I must return to my responsibilities and my true Alraune Rosalia."

He let out a hearty laughter and clapped both of Aleph's shoulders, the strength of his arms almost inhumane.

"Trust me my friend. There are women more suited to you out there," he smiled brightly. "Let's promise to see the flowers together sometime. As the Archknight, I promise to show you the beauty of my country. Adieu."

The regal knight then walked pass the two of them and walked along with the Eisleyn soldiers and without wasting a step, left the garden.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:35 pm

Aspen, who usually stared with disinterest and boredom, had her eyes wide open and her arms slacked down to her sides.

"Welp...that's going to need a few beers to make sense out of," she mumbled to Aleph. "That said...we could not have talked to best person about the Eislenian situation..."

She groaned and pressed her hand against her forehead.

"That man...he looked like he was of high position. Jewels are rather precious to Eisleyn so no ordinary footsoldier or knight would be adorned so lavishly. And there we went mumbling things to him..."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:36 pm

Aleph smiled as Duke reassured him. He really was a very nice guy, it seemed. Even if he didn't seem like wanting to do anything about the situation in Eisleyn.

Suddenly, at that moment, two armed men who were in apparently heavy coats showed up and approached Duke, saying that he was needed by Master Albaan, whoever that was. Aleph felt like opening his mouth and asking the two men just what in the world they were talking about, when suddenly, Duke...transformed.

Wait, what?

After the transformation, Duke talked more heartily, giving his last two cents to Aleph, before finally leaving with the soldiers. Aleph opened his mouth to try and say something, but Duke was already gone. So, that left him, Aspen, and a whole world of awkwardness. And also the notions of shiny jewels.

He looked at Aspen and blinked before finally speaking again.

"Well, I guess it could've been worse." He said, scratching his head awkwardly. "I could've told him the truth about why I wanted to see the princess."

That would've been a lot worse. Nevertheless, Aleph never wanted to marry the princess to begin with. He utterly hated the princess, with every single fiber of his entire being. Aleph never actually hated anyone before. No matter what people did, he had always at least tried to meet them halfway and forgive them. However, the princess of Eisleyn was a completely different case altogether. He wanted to kill her. He wanted to kill her so badly. But he didn't want to be king when she was gone. He just wanted anyone except her to be the ruler.

Really, the rabbit that he had witnessed being eaten by the giant bird could make a better ruler than her! Oh, may the gods bless that poor fluffy soul.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Aspen rubbed her chin.

"Yeah...now that I think of it, he said he was an...archknight," she said.

She groaned.

"I don't know much about Eisleyn but there's no doubt he is part of her royal court," she said. "Anyhow, I think it's more important that we steer clear of him when we get to Eisleyn. He may look nice, but he might also just lead us to the princess' castle and have us beheaded."

Aspen touched the ends of her hair. For a moment she actually looked nervous.

"I don't think it's a safe idea to come back here to this spot tomorrow, either...Sorry, pink cap, we have to bypass seeing the flowers bloom."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Hm, Archknight. That sounded like an odd name for a soldier. But at least, there was little to no doubt that he was a very important man. Of course, it was also revealed that he was a part of the princess' court, along with a few other saddening things.

"Wait, what?" He said, then shook his head. "But...he said that he wouldn't take us anywhere near the princess or her castle. He said that. Plus, if his saw his own brother die, then why would he deliberately lead two more people to the same fate?"

Granted, Aleph's intentions were just about anything but innocent. But that was beyond the point. Duke would never go back on his words, especially not after what happened with Harking. Aleph trusted Duke. Duke was a nice man. A very nice man. He would never put a young man and a young woman in harm's way. He just wouldn't. Aleph refused to believe it.

Of course, Aleph became shocked when Aspen stated that they would have to forgo seeing the flowers bloom. He couldn't do that! He couldn't possibly forgo a potentially once in a lifetime opportunity to witness a phenomenal and divine miracle of nature and life! He just couldn't!

"But! But...the Alraune Rosaria!" He said sadly. "It's a really big flower, and Duke said it takes a long time to even grow. Who knows whether or not I'll ever see anything like that again?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Aspen scowled and massaged her forehead as if she were nursing a headache.

"Listen, Aleph, I know you're the kind of person that...well, the kind to give someone the benefit of doubt, but it's just too risky," she said. "I mean, see? He was already right under our noses."

But Aleph seemed bent on seeing Alraune Rosaria. The sad way he looked and the way he was pouting made Aspen's eye twitch.

"Fine, we can see the stupid flower," she said crossing her arms. "At least he can't kill us in this county. God, the things I do to find pine trees...."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Aleph smiled as Aspen accepted. He pumped his fists into the air.

"Yes!" He cheered happily. He looked at Aspen. "And don't worry. Even if he does try something, there's two of us, and only one of him. I'm sure we can take him."

It was always good to stay positive! Even in the face of potential danger!

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Aspen sighed and then grabbed Aleph by the collar before dragging him away from the flowers.

"Come on. I need a drink. Bad."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:29 pm