A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Day 02: Floral Garden

Lilac
    Admin

Day 02: Floral Garden

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:31 pm

With the bustling events of the Unanimity Fair, one would not expect the floral exhibit featured in the courtyard of the high castle. Flower arches were erected to greet any visitors. The arches stood in entrance to the four cobblestone pathways that intersected in the center. There was a small pond surrounded by stones to the side with a fish statue arcing in the center. On the lush grass were vases, stands, and the like of exotic flowers and plants brought from every country by all who contribute the beauties to the garden for the event. There red flowers, blue flowers, white flowers, big flowers, wild flowers, it was a feature of beautiful plants of all kind. Stone benches were placed under the shade of the four evergreen trees that adorn the courtyard. An old couple sat in one, a woman and child lied on the grass, and a man in a suit strolled around to casually admire the exotic flowers.

The event was staged for the purpose of giving people a moment of relaxation to admire the exotic flowers and the masterfully carved statues that decorate the courtyard. Bunnies and ducks were released to scuffle about the garden. The grandest sight was the centerpiece flower that sat where the four pathways intersect. It looked to be a massive bud the size of a man of shades of pink and purple growing from a white stone pot. It was the Alraune Rosalia, one of the rarest flowers that grew in the harshest cold climates and blooms only once every three years and that was scheduled to be this day. It would take some time before it bloomed so few paid attention to it, but a single man was standing proudly before it.

"Ah hahah! I've been waiting three years for this day! I can't wait to see my baby bloom!" he exclaimed in a boisterous yet elegant tone.

The man was tall at 5' 11". He wore a white dress shirt with puffy sleeves and brown britches tucked into knee-high leather boots. The first two buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned, showing off part of his chest which was naked of hair but featured tight muscles and a broad torso. His figure was lean but fit. The man had smooth, porcelain skin and his hair was long and smooth, reaching down to the base of his shoulder blades. It was a noble platinum shade and shone in the mid-morning sun. a loose lock fell between his purple eyes. His face was thin and triangular, with pout lips and a sharp chin, the man was extremely handsome for someone dressed so plainly.

"Aaaaaah~ what marvelous beauty!" he exclaimed so proudly, opening his arms wide as he gazed on all the other floral arrangements. "What I would give to take all these lovely flowers with me!"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Re: Day 02: Floral Garden

Aleph could not believe his eyes as he stepped through the arch and witnessed the absolutely breathtaking display of beauty and natural wonder. There were many interesting and amazing events at the festival, but none of them had amazed Aleph as much as the floral exhibit. There were so many different kinds of colorful flowers that were just everywhere, he just couldn't believe it. There were flowers from all over the world. Flowers that Aleph didn't even think existed. It was amazing.

Of course, it also left Aleph feeling slightly disappointed. If only because he had yearned to be able to grow flowers that were just as beautiful as the ones that surrounded him. But, even with his powers, the only kinds of flowers he actually managed to grow were roses. For some reason, he just couldn't summon any other type of flower. Oh well.

Aleph walked through the massive garden, taking in the phenomenal sights, when he came upon the massive pink and purple bud at the center of it all, along with a very handsome man in front of it. Aleph smiled, as this man apparently also was taken back by all the beauty of the flowers around him. Nature was a beautiful thing. Life, in general, was beautiful.

Aleph walked up to the man and smiled. "Hello!" He greeted. "Did you grow all of these yourself? They're so beautiful! Really, they are!"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

The man seem to beam with brightness as the young man approached flashing him a golden smile.

"Why hello!" he greeted him back. "Oh if only. My only prize is this beauty here."

He turned and brushed the closed-off petals of the bud behind him with the knuckle of his index finger. "Is this your first time here? This is the Garden, a place where florists bring in the best of their brood. See those purple flowers there? They are desert flowers from Saadedge. And over there.."

The man gestured and explained the various plant life in the garden. His every word and gesture was gentle and proud with admiration.

"Ah, not many things can be grown in my homeland of Eisleyn," he said, his tone becoming sadden, but he soon brimmed with energy again. "But I wanted to share my Alraune Rosaria with everyone so I went through a lot of effort to get it here. The trip was really tough, but it's worth it. Aah, I'm so happy to be able to take part this year."

He flashed a shining smile. "Ah, look at me rambling. By the way, my name is Duke. What's your name young man?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:32 pm

"Literally stopping to smell the flowers?" a raspy, female voice said behind him.

Aspen had positioned herself just a foot's pace away from him with one hand resting on her hip. She wore a light green tunic today clasped together by a thick belt. Her tan cloak draped behind her.

"I thought we came here on official business," Aspen said with a small smirk. "But I guess it won't be awhile since we can do actual work. And those flowers are rather nice, Mister...Duke? Did you breed them yourself?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Aleph looked at the massive bud as the man spoke. By all that was holy, that was one really big flower! He wondered just how it was even possible for a flower that large to grow in the first place. Then again, stranger things have happened in nature before. Plus, Aleph suspected that there was a little bit of magic involved in this flower's development. But regardless, he smiled, for it was truly a wonder.

He turned to the nice man as he introduced himself and smiled.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Duke! My name is Aleph!" He said happily, then turned to the rest of the flowers in the garden. "I never seen so many flowers here before. They really must be from around the world!"

Of course, Aspen was also there, and she had apparently found it weird that Aleph would stop by the fair and see the various events. Granted, they were on a journey towards Eisleyn for a very specific purpose, but it wouldn't hurt to just stop, take a break, and have a little fun once in a while. Would it?

Anyways, Aleph looked at Duke as he explained his flower, the Alraune Rosaria, and smiled. "Well, I'm sure a flower that big is bound to be the most beautiful of them all." He said, smiling warmly.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Duke smiled brightly at them, placing a hand to his chest and bowing his head in curtsy.

"You honor me. I just wanted everyone to know that there are still beautiful things in the land of Eisleyn. This flower grows in cold climates and it develops slowly, but as a result it is strong and beautiful." The man rubbed the back of his head awkwardly as he stood back up. "Well, I guess this can't really say much in the overall picture, but you gotta try your best, right? Anyway, sir Aleph and beautiful ma'am, what brings you here?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

At the mention of Eisleyn, Aspen's eyes narrowed, but she said nothing on the matter. Instead, she complimented the flower.

"Amazing how such a wintery and stormy place can make something that looks so delicately beautiful," she said. "Wish things that always grew in adversity could result the same, don't you?"

She then shrugged her shoulders smoothly at the florist's question.

"Checking out the fair, sightseeing and all before we see someone with regards to a certain quest," she said while eyeing Aleph, saying quest in a rather emphasized manner. "A little drinking doesn't hurt anyone either."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Aleph smiled warmly as Aspen and Duke spoke. It really was amazing how a flower could grow in a place as cold, cruel, and unforgiving as Eisleyn. It really said a lot about the country in general. It also brought a little shimmer of hope to Eisleyn's otherwise hopeless situation. Not to mention, regarding his quest, it filled Aleph with determination to fulfill it. He would become that flower of hope for the people of Eisleyn.

He would be their Alraune Rosaria.

Aleph looked at Duke as he asked about his and Aspen's doings in the festival, then glanced momentarily at Aspen as she spoke. He briefly remembered why he was going to Eisleyn to begin with. And saying it out loud, where anyone could hear him, would probably not be a good idea.

"Speaking of Eisleyn, Aspen and I are heading over there right now. We're, uh...we're going to see the princess!" He said, hoping that Duke would believe him. "I just thought it would be fun to stop by the festival and take part in the events. And also see the wonderful exhibits!"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Duke laughed awkwardly at the remark.

"I suppose this alone isn't testament enough, eh? I suppose it's common knowledge, huh?" Duke gazed wistfully at his flower for a bit before turning back to the pair before him. "I guess it was wishful thinking. Heck, this isn't exactly known to be a particularly busy part of the festival. It didn't even take much for me to claim the center area."

Just as he said that, the old couple, one of the few people to bother being here have started off and left the garden and it seems everyone else who came here in passing fancy was making their way out as well. The only one remaining besides the three at center was some old woman feeding bread crumbs to the ducklings on the far side of the square.

"I guess not that many people enjoy flowers and ducks as much as us, huh?" Duke said with an awkward chuckle. "My country really is beautiful y'know. People fall in love and live there all the same. Sure, life is a little hard but we get by. I'm sure things will turn out better in the future. Maybe? Eh heh..."

He listened to Aleph and blinked twice to register the statement. "See the princess? You're not trying to court her are you? You really shouldn't. My brother Harking was confident he was smarter than any of the nobles who tried and..."

He looked off to the side and rubbed his neck uneasily.

"Anyway, you really shouldn't. If you want to see Eisleyn, I can show you around myself."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Aspen resisted the urge to hit Aleph on the head and merely buried her face in her hand.

You're not supposed to be boasting about stuff like that! she thought to herself.

And of course he then asked if Aleph was going to be there to court the princess.

"Hot springs," she said hastily while glaring at Aleph as if making a warning. "We hear that the hot springs there have a good sort of healing property to it. Soothes the bones. My legs have never been the same since I took an arrow to the knee by an incompetent hunter. He thought I deer, if you can believe it."

Hearing the man speak about his brother, her hard glare softened slightly.

"Oh...I'm sorry to hear about that," she said. "And you don't need to offer us help if it''s going to be trouble for you."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:19 pm