A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Day 01 Opening Day

Lilac
    Admin

Re: Day 01 Opening Day

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:14 pm

"An Inn. I wasn't told a name, because I think my boss was trying to get me arrested or something. All I know is her hair is brown and she has green eyes." Maia explained with a shrug. It wasn't unusual that Pascal left out dome key details about her jobs. He really did want her to fail, but the girl always pulled through.

"After the delivery, I'll probably head home. Or maybe I'll stay, this fair seems interesting." She said. "Either way, I'm going to get harassed by the Expiates."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"Well, you don't necessarily need to," Mephistopheles said, his face mischievously grinning from the satchel's opening.

Liseran frowned at him.

"If you don't stay inside your pouch, you get no salmon later," she said.

The black cat groaned and went back in. She sighed.

"He's right, though. You don't need to pass the Expiates all the time. There are a lot of quick ways around them if you open your eyes a bit more. I suppose I"ll get into more detail on that later. Right now, let's focus on which possible inn your client is at. The Squash is just around the corner. We can start there, if you'd like. If we get things done for your client, you should stay around for the fair. There'll be a lot going on. The Eisleyn Princess for one is going to be there. As will our own King Arte."

Last edited by Lilac on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"Those shortcuts would've came in handy earlier." Maia sighed. Life was just wonderful when you were a Walpurgis. Getting stopped at EVERY checkpoint, and getting stuck there for ten minutes, even hours. "Let's head to the inn with a ridiculous name." She replied.

As they began walking towards the inn. Maia frowned at the news when two leader would be here. "I'm not a fan of those people."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Liseran laughed bitterly.

"I could understand why," she said. "After all, no one likes a princess who supposedly kills off all her suitors nor do Walpurgis like a king who gives so much power to the Expiate."

As they passed through the crowds again, Liseran put her hood up and would glance around warily. When they came to the bare wall of a brick building with roses on trellises at its sides, she would hold Maia's wrist and stop her from walking any further.

"You've heard of glamours and skins, haven't you?" she asked. "Cantus magic can create illusory glamours while Cartic marks can form skins in order to create an illusion likewise. Well, some of us Walpurgis use this to our advantage. Look."

Liseran would hold her hand out towards the wall and Maia would hear a small and low buzz as the girl's hand slightly glowed.

"You can literally feel the Cartic marks here if you know the code to it," she said. "This cuts right through the main street and to the other side of town with a few pathways leading to smaller streets. Walpurgis like myself make use of this and you can too. Look closely."

Liseran would point to the trellis roses. If Maia noticed, some of them shimmered in the light and weren't real. She'd see a Cartic mark faintly glimmer on each. Liseran called out a mark for revealing and pointed at the roses in the form of a pentagram. The roses would shine and the two would see the hazy image of a long pathway ahead of them with hooded Walpurgis like themselves walking along. The area was as wide as main street itself with different shops and stalls on each side.

Liseran took Maia's hand and pulled her through before the image blurred and returned to appearing like a wall.

"Welcome to Aldmerrow's haven," she said.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Maia was too stunned to reply. She never knew such places existed. And this would definitely come in handy in Aldmerrow. No more annoying Expiates for her! "That was amazing! Are there places like this all over Esterelf?" Maia asked. If there were, imagine all the places she could go. Maia would never need to go through a thousand checkpoints again. It was surprising to see the girl so interested in something used by her "kind."

"Anyways, you were leading me to this inn. But if we cannot find Arianne Moreau, how many inns are there here?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Liseran looked at Maia in surprise.

"But of course," she said. "The kingdoms definitely aren't looking out for us, so we need to look for ourselves! Whether or not it's legal. I personally blame the Expiate for all of it, really."

Liseran frowned just at the thought of it, but she smiled when Maia asked her next question.

"In this town there are five large inns and ten smaller ones. However, if your person is more well-to-do she'll be at the bigger fiver. The Squash is actually really popular around the middle-class and higher-class folk, especially if they're travelers. So try and fret not. We'll reach the end soon enough."

Every now and then, Liseran would say hi to another Walpurgis or wave at them. Sometimes bow in acknowledgment. When they reached the end of the path, they could see straight towards the street though it slightly shimmered as if some sort of odd film was covering it as a wall.

"We just need to pass through while no one's looking," Liseran said taking Maia's hand.

She'd walk up close to the exit and try to peer left and right. Once no one was passing, she slipped out with Maia. The smaller girl would feel momentarily the warm fuzz of Cartic marks spread out like a mild electric sheet before being on the other side and just outside The Squash.

The Squash was a large two-story inn and well-fashioned. It was made of stone brick and had stained glass windows, a stone stairway to a porch and a fancy sign.

"Here we are."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Maia didn't even wait for Liseran. Nor did she make a comment, she walked right into the inn. As she began walking in, she noticed she left the girl behind, she went over to the door and poked her head out. "You coming?" She asked before heading back in. The inn was lovely in Maia's opinion. And it seemed full of people too. How was she supposed to find this woman in this crowd of people?

She decided to ask a barmaid serving some patrons. "Excuse me, I am looking for Arianne Moreau. I'm a courier from Saoirse and I have a letter for her." Maia explained. The barmaid chuckled softly. "Wow, long ways from home. You'll find her room down that hall. Fifth door to the right." Maia smiled and nodded her head in thanks. She then headed over to the hall.

As she approached the door, she knocked three times. Hoping someone would answer. And someone did! A woman with a pale skin with lots of freckles. She had lovely green eyes that sat behind a pair of silver glasses. She had curly brown hair that flowed down her back and gray streaks. She wore an orange mage robe, over top of a red gown that was similar to the style of dresses Maia liked to wear.

"May I help you, miss?" The woman asked sweetly.

"Are you Arianne Moreau? I have brought a letter for you. I came from Saoirse." Maia replied.

The woman grinned from ear to ear. "Oh! How wonderful! You must be that Walpurgis courier who hails from Isolé!"

"H-How fo you know who I am?!"

"I have my ways, dear! Now, you and your friend must come in! Dont be shy! This may not be my home, but it is my room, and I haven't had company in awhile, so this may be a chance to actual talk to people for once! Hahaha!" The woman laughed softly. Maia was a little wary of entering, but she slowly did.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Liseran was a little skeptical of the woman, but stepped in anyways and kept polite with her posture straight and her hands together.

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Moreau," she said. "I'm sure you weren't expecting me myself. Anyways, my name's Liseran Dormirse."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:17 pm

[OOC: Wow, A month since I have posted. I am so responsible.]

"Well, I'm glad you showed up too! Two Walpurgis are better than one!" Arianne laughed. Maia thought the woman seemed so similar, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"Why do you think Liseran is a Walpurgis too?" zShe asked the woman.

Arianne smiled sweetly. "It's mainly an assumption! From my experiences, if I see someone travelling or being friends with a Walpurgis, it usually means they are one too! But what do I know? I'm just a crazy old woman!"

Maia agreed with that statement, but she strangely felt comfortable around the woman. "Well, you're being nice to us, so I'm assuming you're a Walpurgis too?"

"Nope! I just don't like treating people different from others simply over something they cannot control" The woman replied. "Anyways, it's time I properly introduce myself. My name is Arianne Moreau, I'm an author, and I study Walpurgis and ancient literature!" Arianne did a little curtsy and grinned.

Maia did the same. "Well, Liseran already introduced herself, so I am--"

"Maia Tommelise. Daughter of William and Mary Tommelise." Ariane interrupted.

Maia almost had a heart attack. How the heck did she know her name and her parents name?

"You must be alarmed, Maia. But worry not. You see, I was... A close friend of your mother!"

Maia frowned. "If you're a close friend, then you must have known what had happened to my parents."

Arianne's smile disappeared. She nodded silently and sat down. Maia wondered why she never met the woman until now.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:17 pm

Liseran kept a blank face as she listened. She could feel Mephistopheles moving around in her bag; probably in order to find a comfortable sleeping position. The woman stated she was a friend of Maia's mother and that she knew what had happened to them. Judging from her expression, it probably wasn't good. Most Walpurgis deaths never were.

Liseran tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear and continued to look at them.

"If it's a private matter, I can step outside, if you like," she offered.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:36 pm