Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Day 01 Opening Day

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 01 Opening Day  Empty Day 01 Opening Day

Post by Lilac Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:10 pm

The cobblestone streets of Aldmerrow's capital are lined with stalls selling fresh foods and wears. Jesters and performers from all over are marching the streets in a scattered parade of skill and entertainment. Horse-drawn hay wagons offer rides to anyone with a little coin to show them the sights of the fair. Many events and contests are being held all over, some more notorious than others.

People from all over have gathered up their families and friends and traveled all the way to Aldmerrow's capital city to either take part or be part of the festivities. The opportunities are endless. It's up to the individual to decide what they want to do.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 01 Opening Day  Empty Re: Day 01 Opening Day

Post by Lilac Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:11 pm

Liseran kept to the shadows as the fair started. Wearing her cloak over her blue and white mage dress, Liseran examined her surroundings. It was crowded enough, but she also noted there were Expiate members everywhere. No doubt Yuan decided to place checkpoints at every area.

"Dorris, you there?" a voice spoke into her ear.

Liseran was wearing a glowing bright diamond clip near it. It actually used a communications charm consisting of several tricky Cartic marks. A friend of hers in Stahlmin had lent it to the group, so now Liseran could hear everything happening on the other side.

"I'm here, Rose," Liseran said. "How is it over there?"

"Same as your area. Full of Expiates. I managed to slip past the checkpoints thanks to the Haven shortcut."

"But you have papers. You should be safe going through one."

Liseran heard Rose groan in disgust.

"Expiates are cruel even to ones with papers. I saw some beat up a kid last week. And I don't want people to know I'm a witch even if I'm sealed. It'll attract attention. Better to stick to the shadows."

"Sticking to the shadows is fun," a low, formal voice said.

Liseran almost jumped in place. Turning around, she saw a black cat with glowing yellow eyes and a golden collar. She sighed in relief.

"Meph, you scared me..." she said. The cat let out a low chuckle.

"But of course," he said.

Liseran stooped down and scooped him into her arms.

"We received your message in Isole. So it's confirmed? She's coming here?"

Liseran nodded.

"I overheard Yuan while I was in Allegresse," she said. "If we're lucky, she'll have what we want with her."

"I see," the cat mused. "Well, if that's the case we still have all of the festival before she shows up. Let's enjoy in the meantime?"

"Just don't attract attention and we'll be fine," Liseran said as she placed the cat in her satchel.

With that, she walked into the crowd, making sure to steer away from the Expiates whenever she saw one.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Maia hated Pascal even more now. She was positive he said he had no work for her the other day. And just as she was ready to relax, he asks her to deliver a letter to a Saoirse citizen in Aldmerrow. And now she was stuck at ANOTHER checkpoint. Did they really think she was going to slaughter everyone at the fair?

"I've already given you my papers. Yes, I am a Walpurgis, but I'm not a witch. My only magical abilities are simple Cartic spells. I need to deliver an urgent letter to a woman named Arianne Moreau! Please!" Maia explained to the Expiate. He simply raised an eyebrow at the girl.

"I doubt your words, child."

"Then you do it. Find Arianne and deliver the letter. But you don't even know what she looks like. Pity, oh well! Good luck!" Maia stuffed the letter in the man's hand and began walking away.

"W-What? I'm not a courier!" He protested.

"I'm sure you can find one in the crowd who isn't a freak like me, but I don't think they know who she is either."

Maia was having too much fun bugging this Expiate. He glared at her, she glared back.

"Fine!" The man snapped. "Go on through! But no funny business. If you are caught doing something, I will be the first to punish you."

Maia smiled sweetly and took the letter out of his hand. "Have a nice day!" Maia began walking into the crowd, and almost immediately blended in. The hood probably helped a bit. But she just looked like an ordinary courier walking through the crowd. Only someone she has met before would be able to tell who she was.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"I see you're here as well," a voice would say, sneaking up behind Maia.

Liseran would be behind her in a long cape and loose hood with a large white bow tying the ends. Her green left eye shone brightly.

"Are you on the job?" she asked.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Oh!" Maia turned around and saw Liseran. Maia smiled at her, but was a little startled. It happens when someone talks to you from behind out of nowhere. "Yes. It was sudden and a real pain. I had to travel here to deliver one letter to this woman. Arianne Moreau better be an important woman." She sighed.

Maia smirked at the girl. "Enough about me. What are you doing here?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Liseran glanced around.

"Oh, you could say it's 'work' of a sort, as well," she said. "Now, are you familiar with Aldmerrow? The crowd's a bit wild for the fair, but I can show you around if you want."

"Yes, that would be a very good idea," Mephistopeles said as he poked his head out of the satchel. Liseran gasped and slammed the lid down on him.

"M-meph! Are you crazy!?" she said.

The cat chuckled.

"Oh, come now. Miss Tommelise and I are frieeeends. We met in Isole you know?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:12 pm

"That would be lovely. Thank--" Maia was interrupted by the cat. Our of all the Incantii in the world, it had to be this cat. Maia's expression immediately turned into a scowl. Of course he was with Liseran. "He barged in my home and kept lecturing me how I'm a weird Walpurgis and I'm not a proper Tommelise." She said plainly.

She sighed. "I guess he is still better company than that little mouse." She looked at Liseran and raised an eyebrow. "If you have an Incantus with you, I assume you either mad a contract with him, or he's a friend. I was planning on asking you in Grotte, but I suppose Aldmerrow is a good enough place." Maia crossed her arms and glared arms the two.

"Explain everything to me as we walk. And I'm not taking no for an answer. Whatever it is you're doing, I'm a part of it now,"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Ah, she wouldn't make a contract with me," the cat said ruefully. "See, once a bond is made, it can never be broken. Even after you're at--"

Liseran slammed her fist at the satchel. A loud angry meow came out from it.

"Pipe down! There are Expiates everywhere!" Liseran said in a sharp whisper.

The cat shuffled around in the bag and sighed.

"Fiiine."

Liseran sighed herself and looked at Maia softly. She then glanced around.

"There are too many people around," she said as she took Maia's wrist. "If I'm going to explain it, I suggest we do so through the emptier paths. Here. Follow me."

Liseran tugged Maia along and brought her into a long alleyway. The fair music muted down and they were left with empty echoing.

"I guess this will do," Liseran said. She sighed. "I wonder where I should start explaining. I'm an...Anti-Expiate of a sort. Despite the fact I've learned Expiate magic."

"Aaaaand turned it against the Expiate itself," Mephistopheles laughed as he poked his head out.

Liseran frowned.

"It's not as unpleasant as it sounds. I just hate Expiates that abuse their abilities. That's basically me."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Alright, lead the way." Maia replied. She let Liseran drag her to the alleyway. She stood there and crossed her arms. Allowing the cat and the girl explain everything. Maia chuckled softly. "Every Walpurgis hates Expaites that abuse their power. It's just common sense." Maia didn't really like how she was treated like a common criminal every where she went. She could even use Cantic magic. Did people not see the giant, dark seal on her neck?

Maia smiled softly at the duo. "So, you're basically criminals. Lovely. Are you some sort of revel group or something?" She asked.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Liseran made no comment on the criminal part. Instead, she put her hood up.

"Call us whatever you like," she said plainly. "Also, while I"m not directly a member of a group, I do help out a group of Walpurgis now and then."

As the two walked, they'd reach the end of the alleyway.

"Now, do you have any specific address for this person you're sending to?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm