A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Night's Walk [Open]

Lilac
    Admin

Re: Night's Walk [Open]

Post by Lilac on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:27 am

Cassima distracted, Mirai was about to aim and strike her, but she paused when she said that she saw something in the distance. Her blade was just inches from Cassima's side.

"Hm, so you noticed," Mirai said.

The girl drew back and propped her parasol against the ground like a calm. Standing straight and with her eyes closed, she sighed.

"Alright, whoever you are, you've been watching us long enough," she said. "I'll give you five seconds to show yourself."

"E-eep!" a familiar squeak would say.

Hearing the squeak, Mirai's eyes would shoot open as her hand went from her vest pocket and released a throwing knife into the air. It aimed at a tree in the nearby distance. As it did, Cassima would see a bright flash as it was deflected and the illusion wavered.

"A-aahh!" Liseran yelled as the glamor around her vanished. She had her dagger out, most probably a result of defending herself from the blade. She was dressed in her usual mage's wear and telling cloak. Her expression was flustered but quickly shifted to anger.

"Y-you said five seconds!" Liseran shouted.

"Oh, I did, didn't I?" Mirai said out of boredom, looking at her nails disinterestedly. "My bad. I was impatient, peeping tom."

At the insult, Liseran flushed brightly and stomped her foot.

"I-it's not like that!" the girl stammered, quite different from her usual stiff and formal tone. "I wasn't sure what you were planning approaching Cassima in the middle of the night, but I knew you weren't up to any good!"

At this, Mirai scoffed.

"And you were? I could smell your poor raspberry scent from a mile away. And what of it if I had stumbled upon Miss Addington? You certainly had your roundabout way of showing it. Instead of defending her or keeping her away from me, you decided to stay back and spy on us," Mirai said. "If I didn't know any better, you were using this opportunity to let Cassima gather intel unbeknownst to the poor girl. Granted, that's like you to use others for your trivial causes."

"Th-that's not--!" but Liseran couldn't defend herself.

Liseran's face only grew even redder. She was forced to lower her gaze and clutch onto her dagger tightly. Mirai sighed.

"You're really a piece of work," she said. She then turned to Cassima. [color=gold]"Sorry I let that go on without you knowing. I wanted to see if she was going to make a move and try to attack. That said, at least you know she's capable of stalking you."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale on Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:52 am

Cassima held her sword tightly as Mirai revealed the strange magic to be a glamour spell that Liseran was using. Who was spying on the two girls. "Liseran, what are you doing here?" Cassima asked the girl as Mirai told her theory to Cassima. Which only made Liseran mad with Mirai trying to convince Cassima that Liseran was stalking her.

Only Cassima was not convinced.

"Stalking? She's probably just looking out for me because of what happened in the past few days. Plus she's my only friend here, besides Jack, I sure hope he's doing alright." Cassima wondered about Jack before looking back at the girls.

"I'm sure Liseran didn't mean it. She's a nice girl." Cassima defended her friend.

"Even if she did have a sort of odd past."
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:33 am

Liseran smiled apologetically at Cassima defending her, but flinched about her knowing about Liseran's "odd past". Liseran scratched her head.

"Th-thank you, Cassima," Liseran murmured in response.

Mirai merely snorted.

"Fine, if you want to be foolish, I won't stop you," she said.

The small girl sighed before tossing her hair a bit, its bright gold strands shimmered in the pale moonlight, almost looking silver.

"I hope you're happy, Dormirse. You disrupted our little sword lesson," she said. "Buy that said, Miss Addington shows a little promise in swordsmanship. I think if she allowed herself to take up a sideclass on fencing or sword combat as part of her curriculum, she could be able to defend herself without magic in no time."

Liseran pouted.

"Well, I'd much rather a teacher taught her than you, yes," she said. "If that is what Cassima wants, I can speak to the registrar about it. What do you say, Cassima?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:06 am

Cassima ignored what Mirai said, but she did respond when she said that Cassima had "Little" promise in swordsmanship. "Little, I have a big chance. That was fun, and I felt like I learned a few things in under an hour or two." Cassima turned back towards Liseran.

"Sure, I would gladly take up fencing lessons, I mean, it is a creepy world out there. I would gladly wish to defend myself even more by taking those classes." Cassima smiled as kept a firm grip onto her sword.
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:02 am

At Cassima defending her abilities, Mirai scoffed.

"Alright, you have little big of a chance," she said. "So, I'm sure you won't protest to the arrangement of Cassima's lessons, Miss Dormirse?"

Liseran scowled at Mirai. "Like I said, better a teacher I trust than you," she said. "Cassima, if you're alright with it, I suggest we head back. The academy has a curfew, after all, and we wouldn't want to break it."

Liseran had already headed towards Cassima like a worried mother ready to take her by the arm and pull her away. Before she could though, Mirai spoke again.

"Oh, while you're both here, why not drop by my quarters? After all, I did promise we'd discuss my proposal, right?"

Liseran groaned.

"Cinq, can't this wait until morning. It's late, and as I said, there's a curfew and--"

"Oh, you're such a worrywart, Dormirse," Mirai said rolling her eyes. "My quarters are on academy grounds. And if it's with me, it's not like the board can do anything about it. It'll be quick, and the faster my plans are set in motion, the faster we can be rid of one another, don't you think?"

Liseran frowned and crossed her arms.

"I personally don't think I want to," she said. Liseran then looked at Cassima. [color=#9074e1]"You've bugged Cassima enough today. Come now, Cassima. It's pretty late."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:32 am

Cassima eyed Mirai, remaining quiet throughout Liseran and Mirai's argument. "Wait, you have a building on the campus?" Cassima sounded surprised by this as Mirai offered to take Cassima and Liseran to her quarters. As it was getting late and the two wouldn't be in trouble if they're out past curfew.

Unfortunately Liseran had other plans, which left Cassima with a choice. She turned to Liseran trying to reassure the girl.

"Maybe we can have a little visit to Mirai before bed. She did say it would be quick!" Cassima pointed out, trying to be neutral in the situation. Speaking of Mirai, Cassima turned towards her.

"If you do anything suspicious however me and Liseran will happily bid you good night early and head back to our respectful rooms." Cassima warned the girl. Still not trusting her for the library incident even after she had a lesson in dualing with her.
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:46 am

Liseran looked at Cassima worriedly and then at Mirai incredulously. Sighing, she dropped her arms and moved closer to Cassima.

"Alright," she said softly to Cassima. And then to Mirai, "But just as she said, we're leaving the moment you try to do something tricky."

Mirai merely smiled.

[color:1a7f= gold]"Come along then. The night's walk is a long one."

The walk would be a somber one back into the academy gates. Unlike the student dorms, Mirai's room would be one located on the northeast. It was a separate building altogether of three stories and more like a fancy house rather than an institutional structure. The inside was decorated cozily with Saorisian furniture in pastels and wood, and polished floors. A lot of the rooms were full of bookshelves, sometimes untastefully so due to how cluttered it was. For Liseran, it was a bit of a surprise.

[color:1a7f= gold]"I'm not one for ornate decoration," Mirai said, as if reading her mind.

Liseran flinched.

[color:1a7f= gold]"You were staring around," Mirai explained. "I know it's a bit odd, but I prefer having things that help my knowledge at close hand. Having distracting things serve no purpose for me. I like things that are simple and functional."

Liseran pursed her lips and muttered. "Your attire says otherwise."

"I heard that."

Mirai would lead Cassima and Liseran to a tea parlor where a tall [url=https://rei.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/thumbs/200/12602-407382992.jpg]woman[/color] dressed in traditional Sakigake clothing. Her long dark hair was had been swept upwards into a loose bun, with stray hairs falling at her sides. She was pale, almost like porcelain, but her dark eyes and red-tinted lips made it impossible to ignore her.

"Your tea," she said as she poured for them and placed sweets on the table.

"Thank you, Rena," Mirai said.

The lady would bow and leave. Mirai, sitting across Liseran and Cassima placed her arms together.

"Miss Addington," she said. Her eyes slowly moved towards the young girl. [color=gold]"Tell me, what have you been told about the Archives so far?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale on Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:25 pm

Cassima would follow Liseran and Mirai to the latters house and would be amazed by it's appearance from both the outside and inside. "This is you're home? It looks, fancy in my tastes." Cassima smiled as she looked around. She could twirl around in Mirai' home, but she was afraid that she would knock something over. Which she didn't want to do right now.

After all, she just finished training with Mirai. It would be rude to break something valuable from her.

"Now now, let us not argue in the middle of the night."
    Cassima tried to stop the girl's bickering as she walked into the Tea Parlour and was met by Rena. She slightly moaned as she looked at Rena's appearance and stepped away, before sitting on a nearby chair. Sitting across Mirai.

"Mirai."
    Cassima responded before answering her question about the archives. "Nothing much. Just that it's an important place in the school and that it holds many documents. Important documents." She answered, raising her brow.

"Why?" She asked, realising that it was probably related to what Mirai asked her back when Liseran gave her a tour of the school. She knows Mirai want's a document from there.
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:01 am

"Indeed, Mirai," Liseran said with crossed arms. "Why do you need to know?"

Mirai proceeded to ignore Liseran's comments and sipped her own cup of tea.

"Oh, I know more than enough about the Archives," Mirai said. "Save for the inner layout and how to go around it, that is. What's important is that Miss Addington knows."

Liseran continued to narrow her eyes, carefully listening to each of Mirai's words. Mirai, meanwhile, leaned forward and looked at Cassima intently.

"The Archives are no laughing matter," Mirai said. "If you think it's just to keep grabby hands wanting special documents out, you're only partially correct. You see..."

Mirai paused before taking another hefty sip of her tea and setting it down. When she lowered it, her usual smug appearance once gone and was replaced with one of gravity.

"It's there to keep deadly magic in."

At this, Mirai paused, as if waiting for a reaction. She temporarily glanced at Liseran, but her green eyes were evaded by the forget-me-not blue ones as if they were trying hard to admit that they knew that. Mirai breathed out and continued.

"The upper floors are indeed for old scriptures and documents that require special permission to access," she said. "History royals would rather not bring up. Diaries of famous scholars and figures. Recipes for ancient potions that are now considered obsolete and dangerous...but aside from that they also keep down items enchanted with curses, stones too powerfully charged with corrupted magic, and things that...do no want to rest."

"Mirai, if your goal is to try and frighten Cassima out of a doing this, then you're doing a plenty fine job!" Liseran argued. "Not that I mind, of course. But the academy would never put Cassima intentionally in harm's way and i doubt she'd be placed on such horrid levels."

Mirai slowly raised her gaze to Liseran and scowled before leaning back.

"Ah. Of course you would know, Miss Third Assistant."

Hearing these words, Liseran bit her tongue.

"You forget just how much I know about you, Dormirse," she said before moving back to Cassima. [color=gold]"Anyways, what I'm trying to say there's more here at stake than you just being stealthy. You see, what I want lies on those deadlier levels. Of course, I'm going to do my best to advise you to find the safest route, but I'm also guaranteeing you're not completely out of harm's way. You said it yourself that you're not that equipped with magic yet, either, so we're going to have to proceed with much caution. That is, considering you're agreeing to this. Which I'm sure you are, right?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:30 am

As Cassima was informed about the archives. She also paused the same time as Mirai, when she waited for her to have a reaction about the archives, which Cassima shrugged at. "What about the Archives? I know that place is going to have some important items. And be a dangerous place to go at the Academy." Cassima continued to sip her tea as Mirai and Liseran conversation began to get heated.

And then Mirai asked for Cassima's help once again in raiding the Archives to get something important to her, which annoyed Cassima. "You want me to go to the most important part of the school, risk both my life and my time as a student here for something you want? Let me think about what you sai---No!" Cassima shaked her head.

"This is a recipe for disaster Mirai and I want nothing to do with it." She looked up at Liseran. "We should both be attending our bed chambers now anyway. Thank you for the lessons Mirai, I had a wonderful evening with you." Cassima stood up, preparing to leave.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:55 pm