A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Night's Walk [Open]

Lilac
    Admin

Night's Walk [Open]

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:20 am

It was a nice night in Estermount, so much so that after finishing her work for the day at the library.

Cassima decided to go on a walk before departing for bed. She had started her classes and part-time job recently and she began to love both activity's. Sure she was having trouble with her classes at first, but as the lesson's went on Cassima got the hang of them.

As was her part time job. At first, Cassima thought she wouldn't get settled into her new job, but she soon was and found out that it was easy.

She walked down the village, noticing how cool it was.

She saw a few villagers walking around doing other activity's that did not benefit her. She didn't care either.

She continued to walk, admiring the scenery and wondered what she would come across.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Re: Night's Walk [Open]

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:21 am

"A lovely evening, isn't it?" a low voice said.

If Cassima turned around, she would see Mirai standing in front of her, donning a far more different look than the full, ornate dresses she usually wore. This did not mean what she wore was not at all extravagant. She wore a light pinkish-lilac dress with a bell-shaped skirt that ended just below her knees revealing white stockings and two black boots on her legs. At its sides and over the skirt were a black coverlet that was fastened by a white sash, and over her shoulders was a brightly plum-colored bolero. Her choice of accessories for today included a miniature hat fastened by a bow behind her head, and a simple black ribbon acted as a choker for her neck.

Mirai's hands rested on her parasol, and she soon leaned over it as she looked at Cassima.

"The air here in Aldmerrow is rather humid compare to the colder, drier air of Saoirse," she said rather bored. "But I guess the stars are more viewable here, hm? Of course, I'm sure the warmth is a welcome change from chilly Eisleyn isn't it?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Cassima's response when she heard the voice was to scream and look at Mirai who moved and looked down at Cassima. She mentioned such continents such as Eislelyn and Saoirse.

"Oh, it's you, the one who keeps pestering me and Liseran. What do you want now, for you to taunt about how my studying at the academy is worthless?" Cassima asked.

But then Mirai mentioned Eiselyn and grew suspicious. "How did you know about where I used to live? Was it magic?" Cassima demanded that Mirai answered as she tapped her shoes.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Mirai smirked. "Pestering's a harsh word, don't you think?"

She remained smiling when Cassima went on to accuse her of taunting her studying in the academy and later when she demanded how she knew about where Cassima was from. At this, Mirai looked at her nails in boredom.

"Oh, come on. I wouldn't mock you for studying magic," she said. "If anything I think it was a smart thing for you to do. And as for where you live, I didn't need magic to solve that, either."

She looked back at Cassima, her bright green eyes shining in the moonlight.

"I simply have my sources," she said. "And being a member of the academy's board of founders in stead of my grandmother, I was present when they were wondering if they should let you in. It was a hard debate, you know. On one hand, they didn't think it'd be cost-efficient to let you study if you were going into a field such as Illusionary magic. On the other, you did save the academy. Yet again on the other, your knowledge about the Sky Garden was a thread. And again on the other, that was exactly a reason to keep you under their eye. As for me, I voted yes, of course."

She smiled.

"I broke the tie. So you're welcome~"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"Well, harsh words deserve to get spoken to horrible people." Cassima countered and listened to Mirai, who called her smart for studying magic...

Before revealing that she works for the academy's board of founders, surprising Cassima. "What!? You of all people have such an important job like a member of the board of founders, that's such a lie if I heard one." Cassima growled.

"Why would they let someone like you be the member of the board if your walking around being all sinister to people?" Cassima was going to make sure someone like Mirai doesn't live down the Sky Garden incident.

And now she wanted proof that Mirai was a member of the board.

"If you do work for the board and broke the tie by letting me study at the academy where is your proof? So you have anything to say that you work for the board and if so why did you break the tie. Was it because you saw me as a pawn for your attempts to get that document you mentioned a few days ago?" Cassima questioned the woman for proof and answers.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Cassima remained quiet as Mirai went on about how she joined the founders board and why she likes Cassima, mostly because of her actions in the Sky Garden. Still, the woman was not going to stop pestering her anytime soon, she might as well just listen to her for once instead of just shooting her with insults.

She remained quiet when she revealed.

That Liseran isn't what she seems.

"Perhaps?" Cassima asked questionably, as if, she wants answers this time instead of pushing Mirai away.

She did only meet Liseran a few days ago, in which case, she doesn't know that much about her.

What if...Mirai might be right for once? Not that Cassima is saying that she's right or such.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Mirai rubbed her chin.

"Well, she said. "Do you know why her father is always putting her on house arrest? Her father, the Chief Commander of the Expiates? It's not just because she's stayed out past curfew or is escapading with a boyfriend. No, she's interfered with a lot of Walpurgis cases. In Stahlmin, precisely, a Walpurgis almost became a full Moira because of her, and thus her the Expiate had to kill the poor thing. Sure, she tries to make it look like she's doing good, but her refusal to accept the system always blows up in her face. Her empathy for a race that just spells trouble is no better than fully going against mankind directly."

Mirai spoke coldly and without emotion,

"In fact, there are rumors she's a Walpurgis rebel, if you can believe that," she said. "And while that seems like a worthy cause, it will spell a lot of bloodshed a rebellion ever comes to fruition."

When she finished speaking, Mirai yawned.

"But that is...extremely boring," she said. "Perhaps we can do something more interesting. Tell, me how good are your combat skills?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:22 am

Cassima listened and remained quiet if a bit shocked by Liseran's actions.

She didn't expect someone like her to do such a thing. But Cassima was sure that Liseran had good intentions despite the law. "I'm sure, she didn't mean to get her friend killed. She wanted to help her control her powers, she didn't expect her to almost become a Moira." Cassima tried to defend Liseran.

"Well...Can't we find a way to save them?" Cassima didn't want to deal with political drama in this world.

But then again she hates the princess of her region with a burning passion.

She looked away at the possibility that Liseran might be a Walpurgis rebel had come to light. She wasn't angry with Mirai, but she might be right and is not sure what to say.

Other then Liseran was trying to do good.

She looked back when she asked about Cassima's combat skills. "There below average, why do you ask?" She raised her eyebrows.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Mirai started twirling her parasol in what looked like more boredom, causing the moonlight peering through onto Mirai to take on a kaleidoscope of tiny lights running against her shaded visage.

"The only way to save an oppressed people is to remove the oppressors," Mirai said, almost as if she were quoting someone.

She was happy to replace the need to discuss politics with that of combat. Cassima humbly stated that her current skills were below average, to which Mirai smirked.

"Because below average won't do," she said. "I know you mages use magic for everything and whatnot, but magic's not always going to be there to save you. You might run out of a Lei source, you might be disarmed of your spells, an Enkidu might roar your way and leave you temporarily defenseless...the list goes on."

Mirai closed her parasol and lowered it again, but almost just as quickly, she pulled out a series of throwing knives from inside her bolero and splayed them out like a metallic fan. She grinned.

"If you like, I could teach you a few basics," she said. "Just enough to get you out of a stitch. Besides, I'm bored."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"I...See." Cassima sort of agreed with what Mirai said.

She listened as Mirai explained that she would need more weapons to defend herself with. She would need a melee weapon, which Cassima couldn't disagree with.

she looked down at the throwing knives that Mirai had sprayed out in front of her.

After a few seconds, she picked one that had a blue handle and pointed to it.

"I like this one." She looked up to Mirai. "Fine, teach me these basic rules of survival." Cassima waited to begin her first combat lesson as she grabbed the dagger and moved it away from Mirai.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:35 am