Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

The Sky Garden; [Open]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Sky Garden; [Open]  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Sky Garden; [Open]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:42 am

The golden-haired petite young woman would regard them with a nod before looking at Liseran who was still blushing in mortification.

"Liseran Dormise," she said stiffly. "A pleasure to--"

"Oh, I already know who you are," the girl said slyly.

Liseran looked at her with wide eyes.

Mirai let out a bored yawn. She then began walking back and forth in a small short line, something out of habit.

"You must be confused," she said. "After all, who I am to know you, right? However, the reason I know you is because you have something that I've been wanting to get my hands on. A...little bonus you might say along with visiting old great grandmother's library."

Liseran stiffened, and instantly stood up straight, her hands once again going to her bells.

"What do you mean?" she said seriously.

Mirai's small and delicate hand would lift up slowly before pointing to the leatherbound volume in Liseran's hand.

"That," she said. "That's why you're here, am I right? To read that?"

The hand holding the book slowly moved towards Liseran's back. Her eyes began to glare at Mirai.

"Monsieur Jack, Cassima, I think you two should head downstairs," she said, her voice urgent.

"So I'm correct in assuming that is indeed the book I think it is," Mirai said matter-of-factly. "I was told I'd run into you and you'd pluck it out for me rather than me having to search hours on end as to which book it is. Plus, there's a special way to read what's inside, correct?"

This time, Liseran's hand pulled out one of her silver bells. With a press of a button, the bell's round body would fold and retract into a hand guard while a sharp and silver sliver of metal jutted out in the form of a tall stiletto blade.

"What do you want?" Liseran demanded.

The blonde girl stared blankly at Liseran. She stopped a few feet away from her. Slowly, the girl lowered her fan and revealed a small smile.

"I already told you."

Suddenly, sharp metal spikes would come out of the fan, and Mirai would toss the fan towards Liseran. Liseran hastily blocked it with her dagger, but was late in realizing the small silver sphere on the ground with a yellow ring on it. Liseran's eyes widened.

"Jack! Cassima! Get out of here!" she shouted.

From the sphere would come a bright flash, temporarily blinding those who hadn't covered their eyes. There would also be a high-pitched ring in their ears and they'd be unable to hear anything. After about five seconds, if Jack and Cassima had not heeded Liseran's warning of heading downstairs, the two would find themselves faced with two odd figures in Sakigaken yukata. One was an old man in a deep maroon yukata charging towards Cassima while the other was a girl only slightly taller and even scrawnier than Mirai with bluish-green hair heading towards Jack with what looked like extremely long and sharp talons for fingers.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"I don't want to leave you, we don't even know if we can trust this woman." Cassima was not going to just leave Liseran alone, despite only meeting the two. However, Liseran was more trusting then Mirabella, I mean what kind of trusting person just throws a spiked fan towards the three like th---Wait a minute. Cassima gasped, but fortunately the fan was easily dealt with thanks to Liseran's blocking.

Too bad they couldn't deal with the silver sphere. Cassima covered her ears in pain when the sphere began to summon two people, but she temporarily became blind. One of the enemy's, an old man charged towards Cassima. She looked up when her vision was clear again and realised too late about the appearance of an enemy coming towards her. She barely got out of the way of the old man's path and fell to the ground, causing her dagger and geode to fall out of her pocket and in front of her. "The geode, of course. I can cast my mark on the man!" Cassima grabbed her dagger and geode and turned towards the old man. She aimed her dagger forward towards the man, threatening him with it.

"Come any closer and expect to be burned, or attempted to be stabbed. I'm ready to deal with an old man like you!" Cassima warned the man, ready for him to charge towards her again so she can cast the mark. She soon felt a sharp pain coming from her cheek and briefly touched her hand on it.

When she looked at her hand again, she realised it was a cut she got while jumping away from the man, causing anger to build up from inside her. "You caused me to get a cut, that's rude elderly man, you will pay for that!" Cassima was livid towards her enemy.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

With a hard yank, Jack pulled off his cape and flung it over in front of Liseran. His tattered swamp-green rag should her from the blinding light while Jack shielded his eyes with his wooden arm. This wasn't quite proper protection for himself and he ended up blinking away black dots when the light faded away. Uncloaked, the young man was garbed in attire fit for a traveler. Around his waist were several leather pouches. He wore a leather jerkin leaving his arms bare saved for a leather brace on his right arm as well as a daimond ring on his right thumb. Now in full view, one can see his left arm from as high as his shoulder is replaced with the wooden one. He wore cloth breeches tucked into leather boots. Strapped to the small of his back looked like a survivalist's shovel, the kind with a bladed head.

He crouched into a readied stance as his vision cleared. Two people were approaching them now. Was that ball some sort of transportation device? A girl was approaching him but he averted his eyes seeing an older man going after the fledgling.

His wooden arm dug into a pouch hanging from his belt and he made a swift tossing motion. He hurled something in her direction and a clatter, right at her feet fell some.... beans?

"Little beans, weak beans, that no one believes in. Grow grow!" Jack shouted in a hyme-like chant. "GREEN MAN! CHAPTER ONE!"

Multiple cartic marks flashed from the beans when green vines suddenly sprouted from them, piling into a bushel of green stems, intertwining and weaving together, stretching and growing at unrealistic rates. They extended and tied themselves until the vines made a humanoid shape. A three meter beansprout golem now stood in front of Cassima, stomping its feet and swinging its club-like hands warningly at the man.

"Oy, oy, I don't know what's going on," Jack growled as his one real arm reached back and with a tug, pulled out his shovel. "But if you're gonna attack these missies, my mama will slap me if I don't fight with all I got."

His thumb pressed against and turned a gear on the handle of his shovel. In a swift motion the shaft extended to nine feet in length. The shovel head collapsed, folding inward turning into a barbed spearhead. With a powerful warning swing in front of him, his spear made a sharp sound as it cut the air.

"Just because you're kinda cute, doesn't mean I'll pull my punches."

His sudden change in personality was like comparing apples and oranges. His lazy eyes sudden became narrow and sharp and his loose stance was narrow solid and rooted.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Thanks to protection from Jack's cape, Liseran wasn't affected by the blast. However, the ringing still affected her ears. Just as the cape dropped to the ground, Liseran would find the golden-haired girl charging at her with what looked like a lace parasol, but as Liseran pulled out her second bell and turned it into a dagger, it would produce a sharp clang as it made contact with the item.

"I really wanted to avoid fighting," the small young woman said bluntly. "Oh, who am I kidding? I'm bored."

The parasol would then oddly turn narrow, as if it were folding in on itself until it turned into this odd and long curved blade.

"You talk too much!" Liseran said as she forced the girl back.

A glyph would appear under Mirai holding marks of force. As Liseran pushed her back, the glyph would drag the girl and fling her against a cluster of plants like a strong magnet. Liseran felt half-sorry for the plants.

She wasn't distracted for too long, however, as she heard Cassima shouting. The girl had received a cut from what looked like an old man now brandishing a long silver katana. The old man gave off a small, calm chuckle.

"Now, now, you should probably do what your little friend suggested earlier and run," he said.

Just as Cassima would charge against him, however, Liseran would cast another glyph under Cassima causing the girl to hover mid air before pulling her close to Liseran's side.

"Young lady, this is no place for you to be!" she said.

She was about to say more until she saw the odd vine-like golem creature Jack had conjured up. Just as the man was going to charge at the two of them, Jack's vine-like golem attacked and threw him back.

"What in the world--"

Liseran had heard of golems before, but she had never actually seen one made--let alone from plant life. The man let out a growl, but managed to land on his feet, his skin slowly gaining fur, and his body getting larger and larger.

The girl in with blue-green hair facing Jack seemed unfazed by his little threat. She made a small and playful smile.

"And just because you're cute, doesn't mean I won't either," she said.

The girl would dash forward, her sharp claws on her left aiming to slash Jack at the chest while the other aimed higher towards his neck.

Liseran scanned the area for Mirai, but found she was no longer in the spot she crashed in. Rather, they'd see Mirai standing towards the left with three small metal balls in her hand. They would then grow larger as Mirai tossed them in Liseran's direction, each one glowing a different color: red, blue, and gold.

Liseran would leap to push Cassima out of the way and shoving the book into Cassima's hands.

"Please go! She must not get this--" she said.

Before Liseran could say anything else, she'd be engulfed in a flurry of ice, fire, and lightning before being knocked to the side in tatters, burns, and crystals, wincing.

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

As Cassima was finally going to cast the fire mark...She was sent floating in the air. "Huh, what's happening!?" Cassima looked around, before being sent near Liseran. "I'm not going anywhere, you're overwhelmed with the girl and her minions. I just need the right moment to cast the cartic mark that I remember and it could help turn the tide of our battle to our side and we can escape." Cassima pleaded to stay with Liseran and Jack, the latter of whom cast his own marks, which impressed Cassima. She soon became worried when he saw that the girl he was fighting was going to hurt him severely. She stopped herself for calling out to Jack's safety, if he can make marks such as golems, then he was sure he'll be ok.

Cassima was given a book, causing her to eye up towards Liseran. "I don't get it, why is she trying to kill us for this boo---She was soon pushed away and watched in horror as Liseran was hit by Mirabella's attacks, she ran close to her. "Liseran, no!" She turned towards Mirabella and took out her geode once again. "That's it...TIME TO BURN!" She screamed. With it, a small mark appeared right in front of Mirabella, and something soon started to appear from the mark. Cassima looked on impressed at her mark.

"Yes, it's working!" Cassima cajoled as the element revealed itself to be...A very small fire, just small enough to light up something like a campfire. Cassima was sure that Mirabella will step on it and catch on fire. Cassima placed the geode back into her pocket and leaned down next to Liseran. "Please, get up. We're going to get out of here." Cassima clenched her fist, placing the book on her lap.

"Together." She looked back to check to see what Mirabella was doing, she held out her hand for Liseran to grab, if she was able to with the pain she was in.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:44 am

The plant golem stomped and let out a gurgling rumble. Was that supposed to be a roar? It made a punching motion with one of its stubs it had for hands and a triplet of vines lashed out in the general direction of the old man.

Jack leapt back and parried the attacks with his spear. He shuffled back and held his spear with both hands in a defensive position, keeping the point low to the ground but quick to react. He had a reach advantage to his opponent, but she wasn't gonna give him an opening to strike.

His attention was diverted at the sound of a series of explosions. "SELF-SACRIFICING CHARACTER!!"

He turned back to his opponent, his teeth gritting now. "Graaah! I don't like being rough on girls y'know!?"

He shoved his wooden hand inside his pouch and tossed whatever he grabbed out of it with a flick of his wrist. With a flash of cartic marks, a mix of thorny vines and bending skinny tree trunks sprouted from the ground and twisted together at the top, forming a cage around the girl.

Jack took the momentary distraction to dash back and got to the girls' sides.

"Magic bombs?" Jack muttered as he inspected Liseran. "Hold still. HEAL!"

He touched Liseran with his wooden arm and a light green glow emitted from his touch. The magic gradually mended the cuts and burns as well ass massage any bruises.

He looked back at the attackers with a glaring scowl. "OY! What are you guys after hah??"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Q-quit...calling me that!" Liseran said when Jack shouted.

She appeared to be conscious, at least, and struggling to get up. She was surprised to see Cassima assist her, having thought the girl had left.

"N-no! You have to go!" Liseran insisted. "I can still fight! I can heal myself!"

But Jack had approached them and beat her to it. Liseran's expression showed no gratitude. If anything, the two of them still there was distressing her. The healing did, however, relieve her of the pain she was feeling, and helped her get back on her feet.

Just as Mirai was about to toss more weapons at them, she noted the mark appear close to her and almost instantly burn her foot and lower dress. She didn't scream, but she did gasp and jump down to the ground, rolling in order to stamp the fire out near the edge of her skirt.

While she was distracted, the girl from earlier tried to attack Jack only to find herself caged in thorns. She hissed, and using her talons tried to claw her way out. Only the old man was left, and he had turned into a full-fledged giant wolf and had rushed to Mirai's side. The wolf seemed to murmur to Mirai in concern, but her gloved hand pet the wolf's muzzle.

"I'm fine, Wanyu," she said as she got up. As Jack demanded what the three were after, Mirai only scowled. "How inept are you three!? I already said I just want the book! Hand it over, and I'll leave you be! If anything, I should have you all arrested for attacking me on property I own!"

Mirai then looked at Liseran in particular, her sharp eyes making contact with Liseran's frightened blue ones.

"And don't think you can easily get away with this," she said. "Even if you leave here alive, you know what that'll mean, don't you? You'll be compromised, and you can't have that without drawing the attention of a certain someone, right, Liseran Veiller?"

Liseran visibly stiffened and bit her lip. Liseran motioned for Cassima to give her the book in her hands. If Cassima observed the title, it would say Saoirsian Fairy Tales on it in gold lettering.

"Fine," she said loudly. "I'll give you the stupid thing. Cassima, hand over the book. I can handle this now. You and Jack...can go now."

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Cassima's fear of Liseran dying over a book was short lived thanks to Jack's more professional mark's. She sighed in relief and turned towards Mirabella, clutching the book tightly as she stood up again. "I'm not giving her the book, you wanted this more than her and you got it first, besides she's trying to kill us in order to get it, there's no way in seven hell's that I will allow such a, nicely decorated Folklore book to get into the hands of someone so rude." Cassima slowly took a few steps back from Jack and Liseran and eyed the stairs before looking back at Jack and Liseran.

She was suggesting that the three should run down the stairs and out of the library with the book before Mirabella broke free or her wolf attacks the trio. "Come on, we can leave together with the book. You know what the saying goes, finder's keepers." She looked at Mira and Wanyu. "And losers weepers." She tried to sound quiet so they didn't hear her, but she was slightly loud in her prideful tone of voice.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:45 am

"Oy oy oy, you're not gonna say something like 'I can't let you guys be burdened by this' are ya," Jack asked with a incredulous look on his face. "No matter how I look at it, this ain't an act of diplomacy. I'm not gonna be satisfied until I understand the whole story."

Jack glanced at the book Cassina clutched protectively. A book of fairy tales? While it sounds like an interesting read, this seems like way too much trouble for something so simple. He raised his wooden arm towards the younger girl and made a 'gimme' motion with his oak fingers.

"This may not have been any of mah business before today but it is now. I'm not stepping down until I'm satisfied."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:46 am

"Oh, don't insult me. I don't almost kill anything," Mirai objected upon Cassima claiming they were trying to kill them.

Liseran was surprised at Cassima's objection, and just was she was about to blurt out that she couldn't allow her and Jack to get hurt, the later read her mind. Liseran's face turned red and she scowled at him.

"Y-you...you two don't understand!" she said. "This isn't a typical 'Find the Item' race heist! I--"

But Jack was already reaching out for the book.

"W-wait no! Don't!"

Meanwhile, the girl who had been trapped in a cage of thorns had finally gotten out using her talons, and Wanyu was growling from where he stood next to Mirai.

Mirai scowled at their refusal to give the book, but she made a "wait" motion at them.

"Just so you two know, I'm not the villain here," she said. "This girl's far more of a threat, and far more of a monster than I could ever be, even if I wanted to. You'll not only be helping her, but also the people she's associated with."

"I...I...!"

Mirai merely stared at Liseran blanked faced.

"Oh, don't say it isn't true. Didn't that incident in Stahlmin happen because of you?"

Liseran's hands clenched and her body began to tremble.

"That wasn't...I didn't do that...!"

"But it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't intervened, am I correct?"

Liseran couldn't say anything.

Meanwhile, if Jack and Cassima opened the book, they would find a page with a ribbon marker. It would lead to the chapter known as The Disappearing Girl. It looked a lot like any old fairy tale story and there was a decorative picture of a girl with white hair and pale skin against a blue-stained glass window. There was, however, a note stuck on the book in cryptic runic writing and English words that said: "'Tis only when I'm gone, can I be found.'"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:27 am