Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

The Theorem of Awkward Amends; [Maia - Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Theorem of Awkward Amends; [Maia - Closed]  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Theorem of Awkward Amends; [Maia - Closed]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:44 am

Of course, while Maia was making icky faces and probably contemplating throwing the food into the nearest hole, Goibniu was enjoying the 'meal' he prepared. His etiquacy was portrayed even in the table, as he sat upright, a small piece of clothing hanging from his collar, and calming taking a spoonful of soup. "Mmmh, I say, I may have outdone myself this time!" He sounded proud, although any sound sentient being would question why.

It was then when he noticed that Maia seemed strangely silent. This was ripe for a pep talk! "So, I noticed Madame Dormirse was very worried about you when you left the day we met. How long have you known each other?" He was curious about Liseran's weird and sudden mood changes, what was up with her?
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Theorem of Awkward Amends; [Maia - Closed]  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Theorem of Awkward Amends; [Maia - Closed]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:46 am

'At least he's confident in himself...' Maia thought. Goibniu had obviously thought he made an excellent meal. But Maia thought he needed to give up cooking and leave it to those who can actually do it properly. Perhaps he should stick to shooting things.

Maia raised an eyebrow. "Hm? Oh. Not long, maybe a few weeks? We met at an Inn, then at the festival. And of course in Stahlmin." Maia replied. "We always seem to end up in the same place. It's strange."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:46 am

"Oh my, only a few weeks?" He said, his face looking a bit surprised. Whatever happened during their meetings, something must have definitely happened that caused Liseran to give her special attention. "Now that seems rather peculiar, judging by her reactions to your... Comments, I thought you were long time friends."

And then a smile appeared on his face. "Mayhaps she fell for you just like how she fell from that tree, eh?" He said, doing a small chuckle. He had no idea if Liseran was actually looking for that sort of thing, but Goibniu couldn't blame her, Maia looked rather glamorous.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:47 am

"I don't even know if we're friends." Maia replied. "Liseran is nice, but I think she's involved with stuff I don't want to be apart of. Rather not spend my life in prison for being an 'accomplice' to something she did." She explained. She ate more of the soup, it was still completely disgusting, but she was finding it to be easier to keep down. "Then again, maybe I'm just paranoid. She's an adventurer, she's probably not involved with anything concerning. Must be my Walpurgis Worrying acting up!" She joked.

Then Goibniu made the comment and her face flushed red. "N-No I don't think that's it, Monsieur!" Maia rambled. "It's okay if she likes women but I don't... Well, uh, not in that... way! Besides, I'm too young for her... I'll be nineteen next week but... Uh... I'm just going to eat soup..." Maia then returned to the bowl of mystery soup and began eating frantically, avoiding Goibniu's gaze. The soup was suddenly appealing now.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:47 am

"I see. Madam Dormirse maybe be a bit unco, I'd definitely recommend her not spying on other from such dangerous locations, but I believe she's rather enjoyable as well, magic aside." He may still garner a bit of ambivalence due to that factor, but he believed Liseran already proved herself to being trustworthy enough. Even still, he'll have to keep a close eye on her activity.

And then, he chuckled at how Maia was stumbling over her words. "Aaah, don't be bashful about it Madam, 'tis was just in jest! No need to rush the matters of the heart if you are not ready." As he waves his hand in a dismissal manner, he noticed that Maia was beginning to chow down the food, something which made Goibniu's smile widen underneath his curly moustache. "Aha, I see you are enjoying your meal! No need to hasten your pace, there's still plenty of it."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:48 am

"Well, she's a nice person at least. Nice to me anyways." Maia replied. Liseran was the first person who was nice to her in a long time . It almost felt alien how she was treated. But she soon began realizing what things Liseran was involved. After being showed a Haven, she wondered if Liseran was a part of people who needed to hide from the Expiate.

Maia quickly swallowed. She didn't lol being teased, but two could certainly play at that game. "It was my impression that Liseran was eyeing you." She said slyly. "The way she says 'Herr McCrae' must make you melt..."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"You see? Like I told you before, you have friends, or at least people that care for you. Alas, in a world as vast as ours, it's always best to have good company, maybe Madam Dormirse understands that and treats you in such a manner." He mused for a moment, before taking another spoon of soup. Maia's life was tragic, and it was good to hear that someone at least looks out for her, even if it comes from someone quite strange.

But then, her observation caught him off-guard. "Oh my, do you believe so?" He asked, remembering the events that occured when they meet up. True, Liseran did sound rather mesmerized when she began talking, even if later her tone changed completely. He understood why it changed, but he briefly wondered why her behavior was initially that.

Maybe Maia is right?

"Oh, well, ehem, you could say that it was rather, welcoming, yes." He started, trying to think of something as he briefly pondered Liseran's intentions. But then, another thought came to him: Could it be that it was... Maia just teasing him? "Doh." He sometimes wondered how he could miss such a hint. But if that was her intention, might as well pass the ball. Composing himself, he cleared his throat and looked at her. "Findings like this make me believe that I possess a latent charm that attracts the ladies, wouldn't you agree?" Goibniu said, his voice taking a more 'suave' tone.

He actually had no clue whether the above statement was true or not, but hey, he wasn't going to be beaten in a tease-off!
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Maia smiled sadly. "A few, yes. But if I'm being honest, I wish I didn't." She replied. They were dear to her, but they weren't safe around her. "The few people who have loved me all died. I couldn't live with myself if any of my friends died. And I don't want to be the reason for their deaths..." Maia couldn't even imagine what would happen if Liseran, or Tourmaline, or Aleph, or even Goibniu were to reach the end of their lives. Maybe this is why she lived so fat out of town. Not only because the townsfolk despised her, but she didn't want to become close to anyone ever again. Less painful that way.

"No, you give me the impression that you're huge dork." Maia chuckled. "Besides, I'm pretty sure Liseran is in to the 'my dad is a famous scholar so I got a free pass into this Carta Academy ' type of men." It was obviously a joke, because Maia snickered a bit. She had met a couple of those people at her time at school. They weren't very pleasant to say the least.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:49 am

However, it seemed that Maia kept her defeatist tone in check, as she wished she never had the friendly acquaintances she had. Such a notion made Goibniu frown, as such a way of life would make her a very secluded and paranoid person, if the outburst she had time ago was anything to go by. She wouldn't feel joy, or happiness, or companionship, only vague ideas of how the world works, and a constant hatred for it.

He was so bummed down that, if this was a cartoon, his moustach would deflate. "Goodness, that's... That is a very bleak outlook, madam, if you allow me to say." Once he said that, Maia would notice that he'd open his mouth again, not to eat, but to add something else. But the words didn't come, and instead, he fell silent, taking another sip of delicious soup to take his mind off of to.

It almost failed. Almost.

Of course, Maia would change the mood quite fast, as she stated the fact that Goibniu was actually a huge dork, and proceeded to undermine his achievements. "Blazes, must you be so crass? You hurt me." He said, his tone being one of fake offense. But even then, it wasn't easy to contain his own chuckle. "Oho, I woulnd't say that in front of Madam Dormirse if I were you, or else she might turn you into a doll! Although it'd be hard to tell the difference, Aha!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:49 am

Maia chuckled softly. "It is, unfortunately. Remember how I said that I would like to move away to a secluded island? It's true, there's no one there to make me feel miserable. Of course, it is hard to find islands nowadays." Deep down, she really wanted to have her friends join her on the island, but she knew it was probably for the best that they didn't.

She laughed at the mention of her looking like a doll. Though she often felt looking young could be a curse than a blessing. Maybe she would appreciate when she was middle-aged and still looked like she was in her twenties. Her hand moved to where the wolf had slashed her earlier. She had seen a healer, and he helped but she knew there was a scar there now. Luckily, the bandages hid it for now.

"I... I want to ask you something." Maia said. She paused for a minute. "How do you do it? I mean, handle the prejudice. I know Enkidu are treated better than Walpurgis, but I have heard of discrimination against them."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am