A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

The Theorem of Awkward Amends; [Maia - Closed]

Lilac
    Admin

Re: The Theorem of Awkward Amends; [Maia - Closed]

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:40 am

Goibniu merely looked down, his eyes lost in the memory of his departed blood as he looked as his hand, before looking at Maia for a moment and seeing how... Sad she was. It could be due to not wanting her to be sad, but he felt the impulse of patting her head. Of course, he didn't do it, as he felt it'd be disrespectful, and plus the hand closest to her was his right. And he was sure she wouldn't want a piece of metal gently clank her nogging.

"... Even if I want to say that you do not have to feel that way, I cannot help but admit the same about myself. Fate can sometimes be cruel." He said, before she went ahead and asked him about his family. "Ah, yes. Outside of my father, I have two older brothers. One is a pretty strict carpenter, while the other is more focused on more elegant crafts, while being more... lax and ritzy." He started, before looking at his metal hand again, this time, fondly.

"They helped me create this prostetic with my guidance and knowledge of Enkidu technology. In return, I bowed to be a part of the Expiate to protect the lives of others, from those who seek to harm them." It was then when he realized he started talking about himself, and turned back to Maia. "Ah, pardon me madam, what about you? Do you have any family to speak of as well?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Maia smiled softly as Goibniu talked about his brothers. She wished she had siblings, maybe she wouldn't be so lonely all the time. But knowing her luck, they wouldn't be born Walpurgis like her, and would probably have disowned her already. What need would they have for their abomination sister. Maybe it was a good thing she never had brothers or sisters.

Her mood soured a bit after Goibniu's question. "... No. It's just me." Maia replied. It was a rather cryptic and short answer. But Goibniu would probably get the meaning quickly.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"... Oh."

Her answer was quick and clean cut, did that mean that her father was all the family she had left? No siblings nor mother? That must be pretty lonely, and given how Goibniu is someone close to his family, he couldn't imagine what it feels to be completely lonely. Sure, there was a period of time where he was far from them, but it didn't last a long time, and was received with open arms when he came back.

But Maia had no open arms to welcome her from her courier trips.

... Uh.

Regardless, a moment after she gave her answer, Goibniu merely gave her a light pat to her shoulder with his left hand. "I'm sorry to hear that, but hey, I'm sure you still have your friends, so you won't be completely alone." Goibniu said, his face forming a soft smile underneath his moustache. He felt bad for Maia, mainly because despite being, rather unfiltered, her heart was still in the right place, and that's something he appreciates.

And not only that, her face looked quite scintillating thanks to the light of the fireflies.

Wait, what was that?

Realizing that he might has stared a bit too long (read: a few seconds maybe), Goibniu merely made a coughing noise. "Anyhow, our quest has left me quite hungry, do you wish to accompany me to have a meal? I'm sure there's a restaurant in this town somewhere."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:41 am

"I don't have many friends either. Comes with being a Walpurgis." Maia chuckled bitterly. She didn't know if she would consider the people she had met first frequently friends, maybe one day she will? Of course, she didn't like to get close to people either, the ones who did usually died within a few years.

She tensed up a bit as Goibniu patted her shoulder, it was strange and foreign. No one had done such a simple thing since her father died. Depsite them not exactly liking her at the academy, she remembered one of her teachers doing that when she received the news. She didn't like it, brought back too many bad memories.

Maia didn't seem to notice Goibniu staring at her for a few seconds. But she did perk up a bit when he suggested that they go to a restaurant. She blinked a bit in confusion. "I'm not exactly looking the part of such an excursion. I'm in my work clothes, there's a large amount of dried blood around it, and people don't usually like Walpurgis in their establishments." A deep shade of red then formed on her face. Obviously she was embarrassed by what she was going to say next. "... Besides, I've never been to a restaurant before..."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:41 am

Oh, right. Walpurgis. "Ah... Right. But you still have them, and maybe in the future you'll have more. After all, maybe you just need the right comrades." He said, trying to lift up her spirit. However, it seemed that she wasn't in favor of a restaurant idea, and he felt it was rude to just have this reunion be merely just a small talk. Goibniu placed a finger on his chin thoughfully, and remained in deep thought for a moment. He wanted to properly demostrate his gratitude, but how...?

Just then, an idea came to his mind, and Maia would notice that his face reflection a sensation of glee. "I have an idea! How about I make up a delicious dish? Luckily my room has a hearth and stove, I can make a quick escapade to a market nearby and buy ingredients to make a meal!" He suggested. His enthusiasm came from how much he enjoyed cooking, and he definitely did not mind making a dinner for someone else.

Thing is, he was so enthusiastic about cooking, it didn't dissuade him from the fact that his cooking was... Subpar, at best.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:42 am

"You're going to trust me to stay in your room?" Maia asked with confusion. Either he was too trusting, or wasn't thinking straight. "I wouldn't let someone stay in my room if they were practically a stranger, so..." She actually would prefer just to relax and rest. But she wanted to change out of her work clothes. The smell of sweat and blood wasn't exactly appropriate for a dinner.

"I'll tell you what, how about I go back to the inn I'm staying at and change into something more appropriate. Then I'll be back shortly." Maia suggested. Well, it was more of her telling him. She did nodded to symbolize that she was taking her leave and left the room.
    A knock sounded form the outside of Goibniu's door a short while later.

If he were to open it, he would see Maia wearing a simple yet elegant light blue dress, with a dark blue silk scarf around her neck.

"Is the food ready?" She asked with a smirk.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"Well, I might come back with supplies and everything, and it might make your wounds worsen if you had to carry them. Besides, outside of the equipment I brought for the job, I haven't brought anything else." He said, before doing a small chuckle. "You do not plan to steal the bathing cloth, right?"

But then, Maia mentioned that she'd go back to her inn to get better clothing. "Alright madam! Take your time." He said, as she left the room. Once he adjusted his boots, he took his money and went ahead to one of the markets quickly.

"I think a nice vegetable stew will suffice!"

"Mmmh... I think it needs a pinch of salt."

I needed salt indeed. It also needed less garlic, a bit more carrots, and definitely not a handful of grapes. Or 3 cups of wine. And did he add paprika to this too??

One thing about Goibniu's cooking is that his taste buds told him that pretty much anything was delicious, making him the worst judge when talking about a balance of flavors and ingredients.

But that didn't let Goibniu give up. Grabbing a small bit of salt, he threw it at the casserole, and then heard a knock on the door. "Coming!" He said, and he lowered the flame to let the food heat up slowly. Opening it up, he saw that Maia looked absolutely gorgeous in that dress. For a fleeting moment he wondered why she'd bring a dress in the first place, considering as far as he knew, she came for the job, but his thoughts wandered away as he observed her rather elegant outfit.

Then he realized it was rude to stare.

"Hoho, Madam Tommelise! You definitely look superb in that get-up!" He said, before letting her enter. "It is almost ready, just have a seat and I'll bring you your dish." With that said, he pointed at the table before heading back to the stove. She'd notice that despite the rustic look of the room, the table was made very presentable, with the cups and utensils neatly placed, and one of the candles in the middle, to add to the elegancy.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Maia had brought the dress just in case. You never know when you have to look presentable. Besides, she didn't sleep in her work clothes, and definitely didn't wear them all the time. It slowly occurred to her that Goibniu had never seen her without her traveling attire. She probably looked like a completely different.

A small smirk was visible on her face for a split second. Obviously amused. 'He was staring! Hahaha!' She thought in her head. But she wondered why? She wasn't the prettiest girl ever, she felt the baby face and the large seal in her neck tended to make men stay clear. But she had no intentions on dating an Enkidu! That would be strange! They'd be the Misfit Couple! Though she was growing on the moustache... Gah! What was she thinking?!

"Uh... Anyways, I suppose I should enter..." Maia said a bit sheepishly. Of course, she expected a little bit of awkwardness. As she entered the room, she noticed the lovely assortment on the table. But she wrinkled her nose at the smell of the food, of course, she wouldn't let Goibniu see that. He worked hard to make... Whatever that was.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:43 am

Once Maia sat in place, Goibniu took it as his signal to return to the kitchen area. "Alright, your meal will arrive shortly!" He said, as he took a couple of bowls out of a cupboard, and a bigger spoon to serve the food. Carefully, he poured some of the soup to each bowl, and then took them to the main table.

"Here it is, a healthy bowl of vegetable soup, plus with a fex extra goodies, for extra flavor!" If Maia were to see the bowl, she'd see, aside from the previously stated ingredients, a few bits of carrot, potatoes, turnip, bit of sausage, pieces of red pepper, and who can forget, a handful of unpelled peanuts. All floating in a dark greenish, semi-transparent liquid. If she were to taste it, she'd probably have trouble making out a clear flavor, although she'd be bombarded with so many of them at the same time, it might leave a weird after taste.

After placing his own bowl, he poured water of each of their cups, and prepared to indulge.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:43 am

"Thank you." Maia said as she sat down and waited for her food. It was nice of Goibniu to cook. But a part of her began to worry. Perhaps it was the paranoia she had of Expiates. She was legitimately worried that Goibniu had poisoned the soup. He probably wouldn't though. He didn't seem like the murderer type.

The bowl was placed in front of her and she fought the urge to raise an eyebrow. She saw a few things that definitely didn't belong in a soup. She also preferred her peanuts to have no shells. But it would be rude to not taste it. So she took a spoonful. And almost threw up. It had a very weird taste, like it didn't even have one. It had many, and the after taste was the worst part. Goibniu would probably notice the strange facial expressions she was making.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:55 pm