Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)  - Page 3 Empty Re: Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:49 am

"Mead is fine." She said, as the barmaid walked away, the cheeryness level around the area finally subsiding. When Eve noted Anna's behavior however, her eyes turned towards the older woman. She did indeed seem pretty friendly, up to the point where it was concerning, but despite finding her exuberant personality to be a bit overbearing, Kassandra couldn't help but be reminded of a certain person, mainly in the meddling into other people's business to help them, which seemed clear to her that that was Anna's objective.

It was a reminder of what she was fighting for, as underneath her cloak, her hand held her pendant tightly.

And just when her mood began turning into a more mellow one, she realized that Eve was staring at her, giving her a cold glare. Kassandra, of course, was unfazed by the action, and glared back at her, asking "What is it, your highness?" The last part was in a gruff tone, as she didn't know if she was actually royalty, or just someone that fancied extravagant clothing.

Or someone that seeks to become bandit bait. That'd just be plain disturbing.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)  - Page 3 Empty Re: Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)

"Simply trying to judge who is the pet in a certain relationship," she replied curtly, never backing down in her frigid stare. Her blue eyes showed no remorse or respect; they were the eyes of a person staring down at an ant on the pad of their finger, an inconvenience more than a problem. Anna's words broke the impromptu staring contest, however, and Eve's eyes broke away, trailing off to her right side where Anna sat. The look she got wasn't much better, but there seemed to be just the tiniest of sparks behind them, a tiny interest showing.

"..." her stare lingered for a few moments more before the small girl finally let out a small sigh. "... Call me what thou wouldst. It wouldn't be incorrect, I suppose," she said, before a steely resolve came to her.

"The Enkidu was correct; I am Incantus Witch Eve," she bluntly stated, looking between the two as she did (a feat rather impressive considering the height disadvantage and the length of her hat's brim).
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Anna tilted her head to the side while she listened to Eve speak her name. "Oh! How nice!" Anna says, clasping her hands together. Making sure there wasn't any eavesdroppers about, Anna continued to speak. "I'm on a journey to fix people's opinions of Walpurgis and the like. I know you guys have been getting the short end of the stick, so to speak and I think that's unfair!"

"But seeing you two here.. makes me feel as if my work is not in vain!" She says, getting all misty-eyed for a few moments before wiping her eyes and nodding. "Anyway! Things like this is what I'm trying to make people see! That you guys aren't dangerous and only fighting back because you've been backed into a corner!"

"Eve, Kass, it's just soooo good to meet you both!" Her excitement was contagious, as well as her consistently happy demeanor. How could a woman BE so happy?! Was she dropped while a baby or something? Either way, it took a bit for her to calm herself to a more composed state. "So! Both of you! Is there anything you can tell me about yourselves?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:50 am

A slight twitch was seen moving one of Kassandra's eyebrows, as Eve pretty much increased her level of smugness tremendously. It took a lot from her to just storm out of the place, given how she hated being talked down like that, but that still didn't stop her from voicing her opinion.

"Listen here, you littl-" She started, but then was cut off when Eve decided to instead glare at Anna instead, paying no mind to her own words, despite not forming all of them. And then she revealed that she was an Incantus. Boy, that explained everything.

Kassandra made a grunt that may or may have not been audible enough for them to hear when Eve made the revelation, but Anna still sparkled her positiveness all over the table, talking about how she was aiming to fix things for all Walpurgis. Well, given how Eve practically showed the entire tavern that she was an Incantus, and that Anna was seemingly not lowering her voice, Kassandra felt that hiding her state was pretty much useless. Just as long as Trebax doesn't burn the place down.

"If you are seeking to form some sort of rebellion, or putting one of us as some sort of ambassador, don't look at me. I won't be like this forever, as I'm searching for a way to get rid of my burden without him causing collateral damage."
    She stated, not buying Anna's bid for seeking redemption. Her goal was noble, and Kassandra recognized that, but given how she was essencially neutral in this debate, all she cared for was getting rid of her burden shaped like a wolf.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"..." There was a bit of an incredulous look on Eve's face as she took in their reactions. Kassandra seemed to just take it all in, and Anna, well... "... Not the reaction I expected," she muttered again, before returning to her stony expression.

"I've no interest in such things, nor do I think highly enough of either of you to give a role in anything," she corrected Kassandra, shaking her head as she did. "This is not 'fate', this is simply a chance encounter."

"As for thou," she turned her attention to Anna now, "Thou hath a... perplexing view on us. Nor is there anything I feel the need to tell thee. There's enough legends thou can read." A gloved hand came up, idly running through the back of her shaggy blonde hair.

"He-ey~! Your food's ready!" the feline barmaid returned, using a platter to carry their food and drink. Once it was set down, she was quick to get her payment from Anna. "Nyehe, the mood's eased up a bit nyow, did Big Sissy, her friend, and Lil` Eve make up~?" she teased the two, as Eve clicked her tongue in annoyance again. Of course, the barmaid remained blissfully unaware of the potential fire she could be playing with, and when it looked like there'd be trouble, a loud, guttural growl escaped the small body next to Anna.

"..." Her head dipped down, Eve began quietly eating, biting into the cooked chicken thigh in front of her before testing the soup, and finally chasing it with the drink in front of her. "... It's not bad, I suppose."

"I hope your Big Sissy taught you some manners, we don't really keep much juice here normally," the barmaid chimed in, her brown cat ears twitching impatiently above her brown hair as she watched the little girl.

"... It's not bad."

"Buuu...!" the barmaid fumed in impotent rage at the girl's lack of response, but seemed willing to let it go. For now.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Aww. Ah well! Them's the breaks, I guess." Anna replies with a light shrug. As the barmaid returned with their food and drink, Anna smiled as she thanked the Enkidu. "Thank you! It looks delicious!"

Digging in, Anna found it to be exceptionally good. "Also, thank you for considering my little 'sister's' need for something other than mead." Anna spoke before pulling out a few more coins and one of her non-explosive rubies, handing them to the barmaid. "Here, you've earned this!"

Anna ate in mostly contemplative silence, stealing glances at the two here and there. So close yet so far! She knew they wouldn't trust her automatically, that was a given. But maybe someday all of their kind may find her a friend to them. Well, one can only hope, right?

As she ate, she took a swig of the mead and raised her eyebrows at its taste. "Pretty damn good.." She says to no one in particular. Even if it wasn't the most luxurious meal, it was still pretty delicious in its own right. Still, it was a little disheartening that neither of them wanted to speak about themselves. Thinking on this while eating, Anna ate in contemplative silence.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:51 am

As much as Kassandra didn't like to admit it, Eve was right, you don't tend to receive hospitality when you admit being part of a contract, even if you clarify it was out of desperation. Unless you were talking to another Walpurgis, or the person listening had some sort of ulterior motive.

Her train of thought was interrupted however, as the barmaid returned with their dishes. She remained silent when her bowl of soup was given, alongside the mead, the scent wasn't that bad, in fact, it caused her stomach to rumble more in anticipation. Using a spoon, she tasted the food, and found out it was actually pretty good. "It's definitely not bad." She said, her tone sounding more sincere than Eve's compliment.

Of course, there was something that's been bothering, and given how Anna and the barmaid kept referencing it, Kasssandra decided to finally ask. "What's the deal with the 'Big Sissy' thing?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:51 am

"Always a pleasure to serve-nya~" the barmaid replied, happily accepting the tip. Kassandra then posed a question, getting the Enkidu to tilt her head to the side inquisitively at it, her ears wiggling slightly. "... Ehhh? I just assumed she's her big sister, since they're both blonde humans and rich and stuff. Nyehe, I could hear the jingle of jewels a mile away~!" she happily explained, before hearing the call of another table. "Ooh, comiiing!"

As the barmaid wandered off, Eve remained focused on her food, using her hat to hide a twitching eyebrow, the only reaction of the catgirl's blatant admission to such questionable reasonings.

"Fool," she muttered, her words muffled with the large piece of chicken in her mouth.

By the time they were done, most of the other patrons had filed out, and before Eve lay no scraps of food; her soup bowl empty, brittle bones laid bare, and a finger was busy extracting itself from the mug in front of her and pulling up to her mouth, where it was quietly sucked clean of the last of the sweet juice.

"... I am heading to the Fair," she spoke up suddenly, "I suppose I will not complain if you two so desire to follow along in that direction."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:52 am

Having ate her fill, Anna chuckled lightly as she thought back on the words of the barmaid. She wasn't TOO far off aside from the two of them being sisters. Considering who Eve was, she was likely older than Anna as while short, she seemed to not have been too bothered with those ruffians earlier. She looked at Eve as she commented about heading to the fair, nodding. "I was heading that way as well, so I wouldn't mind traveling with you a bit longer~" Anna spoke as she pulled away from the table. "How about you, Kass?"

Stretching out, Anna exhaled softly as she rose from her chair. "Gotta admit, that did hit the spot!" Anna comments with a rather carefree smile while patting her belly. Looking over at Kassandra, Anna grinned. "You really should've tried the chicken as well. It was amazingly good! But then again, you're probably saving space for the fair, huh?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:52 am

Kassandra merely blinked as the barmaid explained her reasoning. It could be because she knows that the pint-sized devil and the sunshine girl were two different races, but she felt her assumption was misguided, and overall, pretty dumb. But when she was about to tell her so, the barmaid walked away, attending to another client, leaving the three alone to continue their eating.

A while later, they finished their lunch, Kassandra feeling rather satisfied and filled with the soup. And it wasn't long before Eve brought up the topic of travelling, with her mentioning she'd go to the fair. Kassandra was aware of the fair, due to having a reclusive life in her youth, she could only barely recall mentions about it once every year, and her awareness only grew recently when she saw it being advertised throughout various towns. Before being shackled to an Incantus, she would have definitely considered attending, but now that she was a potential danger to society, and feeling like she could put her time to better use, felt like attending to the fair would just be a waste and a risk.

"I am not going to the fair." She stated, completely unmoved. "I am only following the main road." Once they got up from the table, Anna asked her why didn't she try anything else other than just the soup and a couple of drinks. "I don't want to overeat, it'll slow me down if I need to act fast." Such as fighting wild animals. Or attempting to save an ungrateful kid from bandits.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 am