A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)

Lilac
    Admin

Re: Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:43 am

Anna hummed a soft tune to herself as she walked behind the short girl. She wouldn't say she's a child due to the way she carried herself, so girl of undetermined age it is! ...At least until she bothered asking her name, that is! As the small group came to a stop near a tavern. "Hm, food does sound good." She murmured, rubbing her stomach lightly.

Without another thought, Anna made her way to the tavern, right behind the shorter girl. Turning her head towards the other traveler with the wolf beast. "Coming? Though I don't think they'd take kindly to your friend. But then again you never know!"

With a smile and wink, Anna followed the smaller traveler into the tavern. Taking a deep inhale, Anna sighed softly. "Smells good!" She says, removing her hood and letting her blonde locks sway down her back in one long braid. Once they were seated, Anna spoke again. "Ah! You may call me Anna? To whom do I owe the pleasure of knowing?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Re: Goody-two-shoes Catnip; Seriously, they can't resist this stuff (Syl first, then open)

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:44 am

Meanwhile, Kassandra was beginning to feel very grumpy about how overconfident the girl was feeling. It didn't look like she could handle herself, and felt like she was too haughty for her own good. What was she planning to do if her and Anna didn't come to her aid? Berate the bandits to death? They'd break the haughtiness out of her in ways that probably weren't too low for dirty cowards like them.

"You are going to die if you continue like this. That's not a threat, that's a fact." She said, before noticing that the girl stopped close to a tavern. She wasn't thinking of going there, wasn't she? She looked like she was too young for this!

And little did Anna know, when she warned her about Trebax, he was too busy moving towards Kassandra, walking behind her. Or at least, what they'd perceive as 'behind her', as he literally walked himself out of view. Another perk of being an Incantus. "Miraculously enough, he knows when to not cause trouble." She stated, fully aware that he showed himself out. She felt ambivalent of accompanying the ice queen and some ray of sunlight into a tavern, but a slight grumble coming from her stomach prevented her from leaving.

Wordlessly, she followed them both, entering the place and sitting with them. The smell only got stronger, and it increased her hunger, as she wondered if the treats were as tasty as their smell. Oh, and the woman was asking for names. Right. "Kassandra." She said, her bored face not moving an inch,

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:45 am

The tavern was rather packed, not odd considering the events soon to unfold within the area. Near a table, a group of soldiers were huddled around another girl, older than the first they were now with.

"The whole world will probably be in shock once I win the tournament," she boasted, as the soldiers around her laughed heartily.

"You should give up on that hero dream, with that motivation, you could join us guards and we'd probably be saluting you in a few years!" one shot back, causing her to cross her arms.

"A dragon is not complacent with such a small life!" she said, causing them to laugh harder.

"Hahaha! Well, eat up little dragon, this one's on us."

As the loud party drowned out much of the conversations around them, Kassandra and Anna's "traveling companion" stayed by the door, eyes scanning the seating. Sure enough, there was still a seat available, but it was near the two troublesome saviors of her's. With a begrudging sigh, she sat down next to them, her head barely above the large table. Anna and Kassandra were busy introducing each other, and when it came time for their third's introduction, there was, of course, silence.

"... I owe no introductio-"

"My, what a cute little companion you've got there!" one of the barmaids, an Enkidu with cat ears and a tail swishing out from under the back of her dress, chimed in as she came up to the three. "We're a little low on choices right nyow, but we've got some fresh chicken and a nice potato soup, as well as our own locally-made ale. Maybe if someone turns that frown upside down, we could get some juice sent out even-ya~," she teased the shortest of the three, who glowered silently under her hat.

"Your little sister's a handful, huh?" she commented to Anna, causing a frustrated "tch" to escape the small girl. "But she must be a good girl, since her Big Sissy got her such a cute costume to go to the festival in. Are you supposed to be Eve? Hehe, she's in some of my favorite tales too~" The waitress' attempts to warm up "Eve" didn't seem to work out well, as she instead reached into the coat she wore to pull out a tiny bag.

"Just give me food, simpleton," she curtly replied, opening it up and turning it upside down.

Nothing came out, and the girl's bright eyes focused on a newly-presented hole in it.

"... Aha, that's why you don't let children carry the purse, I guess~! Nyow then, Big Sissy, you got money right?" the barmaid asked, looking up at Anna before turning her head to Kassandra. "Or maybe her friend does~?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:45 am

Anna didn't seem to mind the lack of introduction from the small one once she joined them, but the barmaid that soon came up and struck up a conversation. One that the little one cared very little for. As the little one revealed she was broke, Anna only smiled and nodded. "Yes, I'll be paying for their meals." She replies to the Enkidu, pulling out the necessary cash. "What shall it be, ladies?"

Seems that Anna was either very nice or very naive... or a mixture of both. Such a thing is hard to tell on such a first meeting. Anna ordered for herself some of everything they had ready, having worked up an appetite in her traveling about. She did wonder if the little one would at least grace her with a name eventually, but really she didn't mind if she didn't either.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:46 am

The first thing that caught Kassandra's attention was the civilian accompanied by group of soldiers nearby, with her talking about how she'd win a tournament. What tournament were they talked about? She was not sure, but it sounded like an interesting endeavor, given how she'd probably receive enough wealth to allow her to travel wth more frequency, thus increasing her focus on solving her conundrum. The only problem was that she was sure Trebax was going to interfere at any point in the tournament, thus drawing a lot of unnecessary attention.

The second thing was, how princess over there was refusing to enter.

For a moment her eye turned to Anna, wondering what she was going to do. No matter what, Kassandra was hungry, and if some ungrateful brat didn't feel like joining them, she wasn't going to bother getting up to fetch her. But suddenly, a barmaid appeared, acting so cheery it made her feel weary. Hospitality made people more inclined in spending money in a business, but Kassandra felt like she was going to lunge at them at any second. And that was a feeling she hated.

However, turns out that apparently she knows Anna and "this 'Eve' or whatever"? That may explain her friendly inclination. She was about offer a few of her coins to pay for her meal, but since Anna offered to pay for everyone, Kassandra felt little need to object. "... The potato soup." She said, her tone coming off flat, but slightly dismissal. She didn't know what was up with the 'Big Sissy' thing, and she honestly didn't care, but the Enkidu better not call her a cyclop.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:46 am

The tavern was rather packed, not odd considering the events soon to unfold within the area. Near a table, a group of soldiers were huddled around another girl, older than the first they were now with.

"The whole world will probably be in shock once I win the tournament," she boasted, as the soldiers around her laughed heartily.

"You should give up on that hero dream, with that motivation, you could join us guards and we'd probably be saluting you in a few years!" one shot back, causing her to cross her arms.

"A dragon is not complacent with such a small life!" she said, causing them to laugh harder.

"Hahaha! Well, eat up little dragon, this one's on us."

As the loud party drowned out much of the conversations around them, Kassandra and Anna's "traveling companion" stayed by the door, eyes scanning the seating. Sure enough, there was still a seat available, but it was near the two troublesome saviors of her's. With a begrudging sigh, she sat down next to them, her head barely above the large table. Anna and Kassandra were busy introducing each other, and when it came time for their third's introduction, there was, of course, silence.

"... I owe no introductio-"

"My, what a cute little companion you've got there!" one of the barmaids, an Enkidu with cat ears and a tail swishing out from under the back of her dress, chimed in as she came up to the three. "We're a little low on choices right nyow, but we've got some fresh chicken and a nice potato soup, as well as our own locally-made ale. Maybe if someone turns that frown upside down, we could get some juice sent out even-ya~," she teased the shortest of the three, who glowered silently under her hat.

"Your little sister's a handful, huh?" she commented to Anna, causing a frustrated "tch" to escape the small girl. "But she must be a good girl, since her Big Sissy got her such a cute costume to go to the festival in. Are you supposed to be Eve? Hehe, she's in some of my favorite tales too~" The waitress' attempts to warm up "Eve" didn't seem to work out well, as she instead reached into the coat she wore to pull out a tiny bag.

"Just give me food, simpleton," she curtly replied, opening it up and turning it upside down.

Nothing came out, and the girl's bright eyes focused on a newly-presented hole in it.

"... Aha, that's why you don't let children carry the purse, I guess~! Nyow then, Big Sissy, you got money right?" the barmaid asked, looking up at Anna before turning her head to Kassandra. "Or maybe her friend does~?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:47 am

Anna didn't seem to mind the lack of introduction from the small one once she joined them, but the barmaid that soon came up and struck up a conversation. One that the little one cared very little for. As the little one revealed she was broke, Anna only smiled and nodded. "Yes, I'll be paying for their meals." She replies to the Enkidu, pulling out the necessary cash. "What shall it be, ladies?"

Seems that Anna was either very nice or very naive... or a mixture of both. Such a thing is hard to tell on such a first meeting. Anna ordered for herself some of everything they had ready, having worked up an appetite in her traveling about. She did wonder if the little one would at least grace her with a name eventually, but really she didn't mind if she didn't either.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:48 am

The first thing that caught Kassandra's attention was the civilian accompanied by group of soldiers nearby, with her talking about how she'd win a tournament. What tournament were they talked about? She was not sure, but it sounded like an interesting endeavor, given how she'd probably receive enough wealth to allow her to travel wth more frequency, thus increasing her focus on solving her conundrum. The only problem was that she was sure Trebax was going to interfere at any point in the tournament, thus drawing a lot of unnecessary attention.

The second thing was, how princess over there was refusing to enter.

For a moment her eye turned to Anna, wondering what she was going to do. No matter what, Kassandra was hungry, and if some ungrateful brat didn't feel like joining them, she wasn't going to bother getting up to fetch her. But suddenly, a barmaid appeared, acting so cheery it made her feel weary. Hospitality made people more inclined in spending money in a business, but Kassandra felt like she was going to lunge at them at any second. And that was a feeling she hated.

However, turns out that apparently she knows Anna and "this 'Eve' or whatever"? That may explain her friendly inclination. She was about offer a few of her coins to pay for her meal, but since Anna offered to pay for everyone, Kassandra felt little need to object. "... The potato soup." She said, her tone coming off flat, but slightly dismissal. She didn't know what was up with the 'Big Sissy' thing, and she honestly didn't care, but the Enkidu better not call her a cyclop.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"Oh, excellent! Ya-nyaow, for a second there, I was worried we'd have to throw you all out or somethin'!" the barmaid said, a toothy grin on her face as she did. Having never been corrected on her assumption, she continued to blissfully tease Eve about her "Big Sissy", who in turn got more and more soured.

"Tch, fine, if thou must insist, I'll have the full course," she finally relented, getting a nod from the barmaid.

"Well then, I'm off to get it together! I'll assume you ladies want... ah, actually there's mead, maybe that'll be a good fit, and I'll get a little something special for our little witch, nyohoho~!" with that she was off, leaving the three to their devices. Eve, still fuming, glared out from under the big brim of her hat at Anna.

"... A peculiar girl thou art. First thou involve thyself in a matter of no concern to thou, then break out thy own purse, both without promise of reward." She looked over at Kassandra once she spoke, seemingly starting to say something, only to grow quiet and instead just give her a cold stare.

She might've been a little testy about earlier.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"Aww, it's nothing really. I'm just a nice gal." She replies with a warm smile. "Besides, how would you have eaten if I didn't say something? That would've been very cruel, don't you think?"

Anna turns her attention briefly to the other group in the tavern, wondering what they were talking about. Sure there's a fair or something going on, but she didn't know there'd be a tournament as well. It sounded like fun.. buuut she really shouldn't join something like that. Turning her attention back to the small lady nearby, Anna studied her for a moment. There was a good chance that she was older than she looks, as well as being stronger than such due to how she carries herself.

She probably didn't need Anna and Kassandra's intervention, but who'd ignore someone in even the slightest danger? Not Anna, that's for certain! "So! Mind if I ask what your name is?" Anna asked curiously. "If you don't want to tell me, that's fine. I'll just call you Miss Eve if you'd rather?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:50 am